AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-29, 07:00   Link #81
Manifold

Downloading it now. The pictures remind of the Seikai no Senki series.. Hmm.
Old 2006-04-29, 08:46   Link #82
ccardoso
Banned

Michel can stand in the open space without any suits... this anime is so much realistic I should say...
Old 2006-04-29, 11:25   Link #83
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachrome
The staff of gg has decided upon the following decision until we recieve 100% proof Michel/le is either male or female.
No offense and I appreciate that you took your time to do a proper fansub, but your method is seriously flawed.

First of all, there is no argument against "Vettii". We use "Betty" here just for laughs. Nobody in their right mind would seriously think of him as a female.

Same with Cleo. "Creo" is as good as "Cleo", but I don't see how there is any argument as to his gender.

The only thing we've been arguing about is Michelle/Michel. That's the only sticking point. If you wanted to make two sub tracks, you just had to differentiate his/her name.

Making one sub for Betty/Michelle and the other for Vettii/Michel is non-sensical, because their genders are not tied together. The right thing to do was make one sub with Vettii/Michelle and the other with Vettii/Michel. I consider her to be female, but now that forces me to watch that "Betty" version.

Really now, WTF were you thinking? Betty? Come on, you didn't seriously consider calling him "Betty", did you? You do realize it was just a joke?
Old 2006-04-29, 12:06   Link #84
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Really now, WTF were you thinking? Two sub tracks? Come on, you didn't seriously think that we'd release something with two sub tracks just for something like that, did you? You do realize that it was just a joke?

Yes rly, it was a joke. It's gg, you should be able to tell.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2006-04-29, 12:09   Link #85
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

We were originally going to call the sub tracks "TRAP" and "REVERSE TRAP", but that was pushing it to the limit.

Aside from the questionable gender of the main(?) character, the female track is a joke.
Old 2006-04-29, 12:10   Link #86
Animonger
Gama-Bunta

Send a message via AIM to Animonger Send a message via MSN to Animonger
Even if it was just a joke, I agree with the dual tracks. After all, I've seen some amazing traps before...
Old 2006-04-29, 12:25   Link #87
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
Yes rly, it was a joke. It's gg, you should be able to tell.
Should be able to tell? I am sorry that I am not aquainted with this up-and-coming new group of yours. I think I've seen a couple of fansubs named "gg" on Tokyotosho, but for the life of me I don't even remember what they were. And did you really think that Animesuki is a proper place for a parody sub? Out of common curtesy, you could have provided some kind of a warning. At least just to avoid a comment like the one I did.

Anyway, enough of this.
Old 2006-04-29, 12:30   Link #88
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Should be able to tell? I am sorry that I am not aquainted with this up-and-coming new group of yours. I think I've seen a couple of fansubs named "gg" on Tokyotosho, but for the life of me I don't even remember what they were. And did you really think that Animesuki is a proper place for a parody sub? Out of common curtesy, you could have provided some kind of a warning. At least just to avoid a comment like the one I did.
It's not a parody sub, it's a perfectly legitimate translation. Excuse us for not taking everything (including this show) 100% seriously.

And I know you've downloaded gg's stuff before and seen the "wittiness". Proof here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...1&postcount=29
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2006-04-29, 12:37   Link #89
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachrome
The staff of gg has decided upon the following decision until we recieve 100% proof Michel/le is either male or female.
I take it you haven't watched episodes 3 and 4 yet?

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-29, 13:01   Link #90
Animonger
Gama-Bunta

Send a message via AIM to Animonger Send a message via MSN to Animonger
Yes but unfortunately there is no absolute, definitive proof that Michel/le is a man, or a woman. I wouldn't put gay marriage past the Japanese ;P
Old 2006-04-29, 13:06   Link #91
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-29, 15:52   Link #92
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Really now, WTF were you thinking? Betty? Come on, you didn't seriously consider calling him "Betty", did you? You do realize it was just a joke?
Uh, yes, we do realize it was a joke. We also realize Cleo was a joke. If you want serious names, just leave it on the default track. o.0 It's that simple.
Old 2006-04-29, 21:09   Link #93
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Just saw ep1... wow! I didn't expect something THIS bad. Space battle ship with hand loading guns? Space filled with air and WIND? Maid and butler? That's suppose to be funny, right?

Even Aqaurion was like 10x better.
Old 2006-04-29, 23:40   Link #94
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18
Just saw ep1... wow! I didn't expect something THIS bad. Space battle ship with hand loading guns? Space filled with air and WIND? Maid and butler? That's suppose to be funny, right?

This was exactly what I was thinking. This is how war was on planet Earth when pirates roam the Earth, except it wasnt in outer space. The thing that really killed me is that swords and arrows were used to attack people on land, yet they have technology to fly in space.

Imagine if Earth being invaded by the army in this anime. They come through the ozone layer and land in America and start stabing people with swords and shooting arrows. Then we come with jets, tank, riffles, and stuff the government been hiding from the public. Now that will make a good anime.
Old 2006-04-30, 00:35   Link #95
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

As my torrent comment said: "This show is serious it's a comedy." : D
Old 2006-04-30, 05:36   Link #96
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Really, no-one should approach this show expecting either logic, reality or sense. Garakan is none of those things. I made this mistake. Attempting to rationalize the nonsensical is a waste of time. Just watch it for what it is - a trippy space romp. If you approach it like that it becomes a lot more enjoyable.
Old 2006-04-30, 17:21   Link #97
darkangel9889

Sonhex: I agree.
Besides, how can you see Michel/le has a woman? I don't see it. Haven't you seen other anime where a guy looks like a girl? For example, Kazuki from Getbackers who is apparently a male, looks like a female. As for his (Michel/le) voice, it sounds more like a guy than girl.

Last edited by darkangel9889; 2006-04-30 at 21:54.
Old 2006-04-30, 18:49   Link #98
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
I'm really unable to see Michelle as a guy. I mean, the voice is so girly, as well as his\her face. And the name it can be both gener (However, in Norway Michelle is a girl's name only)

How come they have decided to make her\him such a astrogyn?
Old 2006-04-30, 23:12   Link #99
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Michelle is a tomboy. If you look a little bit closer you can see her clevage. Just rewatch the episode.
Old 2006-04-30, 23:22   Link #100
DryFire
Panda Herder

No man boobs for you?

Just as some girls in anime use a masculine form of I, it won't hurt to use a masculine form of michel/le untill we have definitive proof.

Remember this is anime, there is no such thing as sense.
Closed Thread