AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-17, 21:23   Link #1121
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameskitty View Post
Oy, really :/? I'd be willing to try (especially since I'm actually using the extremely nifty Rikaichan hover dictionary and not just searching for everything...that would be frustrating), but now that I think about it Ever17 would be a lot longer than any of the other games I've read this way. And nothing I've read has ever been "scientific" in any way.

I'd much rather purchase it in some way, but I guess I could always buy the Japanese edition and, erm, "patch" it with the English edition. So I'm still wondering if anybody can think of an importer shop that I might be missing.

If you have a PSP and you're confident of your language skills, try out play-asia.com for their psp version. You can get either the standalone version of E17 or get Infinity Plus Portable which consists of all 4 games in the Infinity series. Also the PSP version has the tips section which solves a lot of question that was raised in the PC version.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 23:17   Link #1122
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
If you have a PSP and you're confident of your language skills, try out play-asia.com for their psp version. You can get either the standalone version of E17 or get Infinity Plus Portable which consists of all 4 games in the Infinity series. Also the PSP version has the tips section which solves a lot of question that was raised in the PC version.
Really? I had predicted that was the case with the TIPS section in Ever17, but you say it's really true? What questions does it answer?
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 04:40   Link #1123
Kaos!

The real meaning behind the password in You's route, covers a bit of Cure Syndrome (not the virus) and so on. The only thing it doesn't cover is the hide and seek mystery. Will add more when I reached home and grab my psp.
Old 2010-06-18, 08:45   Link #1124
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
The real meaning behind the password in You's route, covers a bit of Cure Syndrome (not the virus) and so on. The only thing it doesn't cover is the hide and seek mystery. Will add more when I reached home and grab my psp.
Didn't the guy who made the LeMU.index site figure out the password meaning as well?
Old 2010-06-18, 10:21   Link #1125
Kaos!

Spoiler for Password Meaning:
Old 2010-06-20, 14:21   Link #1126
xBTAx

I've received my copy (thanks for that extra disk as well, Tokimemofan), and I'm looking forward to playing sometime in the next week or so. But that's not why I'm posting.

See, I put this on my half.com wishlist, and it seems that there's a copy selling for $30 right now. If anyone wants it, I'd suggest getting it while you can.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 15:15   Link #1127
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Thinking back on ever 17, I can't help but feel that the writers essentially 'cheated' in the last path.

Spoiler for final path:
I actually liked the fact they didn't showcase the events because it gave people the chance to pick up on some of them from hints:

Spoiler for Ever 17 final path:

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 20:42   Link #1128
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I actually liked the fact they didn't showcase the events because it gave people the chance to pick up on some of them from hints:

Spoiler for Ever 17 final path:
Spoiler for Coco's route:
Old 2010-07-01, 17:43   Link #1129
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
Oh hai topic! mind if I vent a little about a GameFAQs topic? this one specifically http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20001...itles/55427554
Kite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 10:08   Link #1130
Eab1990

Aha! Found You's Single Collection! Just recently posted on HF, thanks to smukherjee08 (who in turn, has Bacin to thank).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R78F717X
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 00:38   Link #1131
Matt122005

Hey guys, about the sequel to Ever 17, "Remember 11 -The Age of Infinity-"....

Shouldn't someone make an official topic for that game now that there's a full English translation available for it? I think it deserves it's own topic.
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 07:27   Link #1132
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
You are talking about TLWiki translation? http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php...ge_of_infinity
I dont think its officially finished yet.
Also "sequel"? Are they related in any way other then just happening in the same world?
Oh and I dont think anyone will mind if you make separate thread for it.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 07:28   Link #1133
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Hey guys, about the sequel to Ever 17, "Remember 11 -The Age of Infinity-"....

Shouldn't someone make an official topic for that game now that there's a full English translation available for it? I think it deserves it's own topic.
It's fully translated...?

brb.

Also just started playing Ever17 again. I love this game, it was my first real anime experience.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 09:47   Link #1134
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
You are talking about TLWiki translation? http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php...ge_of_infinity
Also "sequel"? Are they related in any way other then just happening in the same world?
It actually happened before E17, so if anything, it'd be a prequel. No relationship besides the mention of Leiblich Pharmaceuticals in the tips and one other thing I won't mention.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 10:12   Link #1135
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Personally, I think we should make a R11 topic, but only after the full patch is out.
Old 2010-08-03, 13:25   Link #1136
Matt122005

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
I'm pretty sure that all the game routes are translated. The only thing's that aren't translated yet are the TIPS and a couple MENU's.

And I called it a sequel, because it was released after Ever 17.

Apparently, the translators for Remember 11 are thinking of doing 12 Riven (the 4th and final in the series) after they finish. I'm a little bit mixed on this because from what I can find, it has a different writer than the first 3 games. So I'm worried it won't be as good.
Old 2010-08-03, 15:29   Link #1137
Elvin

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that all the game routes are translated. The only thing's that aren't translated yet are the TIPS and a couple MENU's.

And I called it a sequel, because it was released after Ever 17.

Apparently, the translators for Remember 11 are thinking of doing 12 Riven (the 4th and final in the series) after they finish. I'm a little bit mixed on this because from what I can find, it has a different writer than the first 3 games. So I'm worried it won't be as good.
That's not what sequel means

Everything's translated (including the tips). The project's in the QC phase now, ie. people reading it over to make sure it's good to go. Patch hasn't been updated in a while though.
NTX won't do 12Riven because of unfavorable reviews and a lack of MC voices. Lors is in no rush to get started on a new project; he might be pulled along if someone else showed some gusto as a translator and spearheaded translation.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 15:38   Link #1138
TJR

Quote:
Yeah, aside from the TIPS, all the game text has been translated. The Satoru perspective hasn't been fully edited though.

Remember11 is an excellent game. I'd say that the writing is a huge improvement over Ever17, although the mysteries and sense of tension aren't as good. The Satoru half (written by just Uchikoshi and Nakazawa.....it seems that KID reassigned all the sub-writers different projects after they finished Kokoro's perspective) isn't so polished either.

Quote:
It's the same writer, Kotaro Uchikoshi. He was the lead scenarist and visionary force behind all the Infinity games, so they definitely contracted the right person to do 12Riven. It was a solo effort that time though, whereas previous games were handled by a team of scriptwriters.

OTOH, the director of the previous Infinity games (the co-writer on the games as well), Takumi Nakazawa, wasn't involved.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 16:31   Link #1139
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
OTOH, the director of the previous Infinity games (the co-writer on the games as well), Takumi Nakazawa, wasn't involved.
Yeah, that's because Nakazawa left KID after Remember11 and joined with Regista, where he proceeded to write I/O (which is another very interesting visual novel, set in the same universe as Ever17.). He hasn't really done much recently though, the last game he directed was a game called Myself ; Yourself.

Actually, concerning the infinity series, I have recently been playing Never7 on my PSP. I have been enjoying it so much that I was thinking of starting a fan-translation for it soon, putting it up on the TL Wiki. I don't have the PC version yet though, so it might have to wait for a bit, but I'd be very happy to start a project like that. What do you guys think?
Old 2010-08-03, 17:55   Link #1140
Matt122005

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Yeah, that's because Nakazawa left KID after Remember11 and joined with Regista, where he proceeded to write I/O (which is another very interesting visual novel, set in the same universe as Ever17.). He hasn't really done much recently though, the last game he directed was a game called Myself ; Yourself.

Actually, concerning the infinity series, I have recently been playing Never7 on my PSP. I have been enjoying it so much that I was thinking of starting a fan-translation for it soon, putting it up on the TL Wiki. I don't have the PC version yet though, so it might have to wait for a bit, but I'd be very happy to start a project like that. What do you guys think?
Yes! Please! Yes! lol

I would LOVE to see Never 7 get translated.

In fact, is there any chance we could see a Remember 11 psp translation since the PC version is finished? I mean, wouldn't it just be a matter of importing the translated text over to a PSP patch? I'd love it if that could be done for Ever 17 too. hehe

So is 12 Riven the lowest rated of the Infinity series?

Tags
visual novel