AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-24, 00:28   Link #4441
Destined_Fate

They could easily just bring in Snow White with it covered up, even more than the Crossbone Gundams, as a secret - All they need to do is make it strong and flashy to get Gundam fans attention. Besides, the Qan(T) was nowhere near at full power in Worlds where it was a secret and was missing some things. It would also be good advertising since like SRW the SD Gundam G Generation games are very popular in Japan, it would help introduce the series to fans that dropped Wing years ago after EW ended.

Anyway, G-Unit is getting in. So there's hope that Tiel's Impulse might get in as well since one of the Gundams uses parts from the Hydra that was in G-Unit and other uses parts from the Aesculapius.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 00:38   Link #4442
gordol
Banned

LOL at people wanting anything from Tiel's Impulse, Sunrise/Bamco will never acknowledge it
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 00:40   Link #4443
Destined_Fate

It's semi-canon. If they acknowledge G-Unit than they will eventually acknowledge Tiel's Impulse even if it's just to use the Mecha from it.
Old 2012-06-24, 00:57   Link #4444
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It's semi-canon. If they acknowledge G-Unit than they will eventually acknowledge Tiel's Impulse even if it's just to use the Mecha from it.
That shit is just a bad fanfic with frankenstein MSes don't even compare it to G- Unit, which is an authorized non canon publication.
Old 2012-06-24, 01:16   Link #4445
Tendou Souji

People on 2ch were actually talking about wanting some Tiel's Impulse suits. Even if they don't make it I doubt Frozen Teardrop will be completely excluded. That would be a huge waste of an advertising opportunity. The latest Gundam Ace has a lot of info in it from what I hear.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 01:19   Link #4446
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Haha what did you think I looked like? My pic has always been up on Twitter and what not. :P
I've only followed you here and on Zeonic... I don't think it's healthy to stock people in general.

HOW COW! How the hell does that suit even use that cross-shaped gun. There's no way in hell that it can even lift that... that gun probably weights as much as the Prometheus on empty.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 01:26   Link #4447
Destined_Fate

The latest AGE seems to be only going to Age-2 Story wise but AGE-3 may appear as a secret. It would be the perfect time to at least introduce Snow White and Heero from Frozen Teardrop to draw attention to it. After all, Heero is still one of the most popular pilots in SD Gundam G Generation and has even appeared in games as the sole representation of Wing or even before Wing was finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
That shit is just a bad fanfic with frankenstein MSes don't even compare it to G- Unit, which is an authorized non canon publication.
They're much more powerful than anything from G-Unit, the customs even incorporate parts from the defeated G-Unit Gundams. Betides, it was said to be semi-canon which means they don't even need to acknowledge the plot, just the mecha if they wanted.
Old 2012-06-24, 01:34   Link #4448
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Again, the debate towards what is official and what is not continues.

Here's the thing: Frozen Teardrop/G-Unit/Tiel's Impulse/Battlefield of Pacifists/Blind Target/whatever aren't official. They aren't animated. Bandai has no say in what they think is "official" and what not. Sunrise has the direct say. However, according to their staff, it has to be animated in the form of a movie or a series for it to be official. Ergo, you can shoehorn non-animated things in just fine, but when it comes down to the "strict" enforcement, they aren't.

Besides, Tiel's Impulse is just a bunch of main Gundam knockoffs anyways. They essentially look the same. :/
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 01:36   Link #4449
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To be fair, the Tiel's Impulse Gundams have a justification for being knockoffs, as most of them are mass-production versions of the Gundams.
Old 2012-06-24, 02:03   Link #4450
Yesman
PMS Avenger

One would question how the hell does Wing Seraphim(?) gain extra wings out of nowhere just by activating its ZERO system. It's a stupid concept and sounds impractical.

Quote:
I really hope that Prometheus is capable of using a variety of heavy weapons not just that gatling cross
Going by the novel, that gatling cross houses a bazooka or something. Not sure though.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 02:03   Link #4451
FalsePrime

Quote:

Here's the thing: Frozen Teardrop/G-Unit/Tiel's Impulse/Battlefield of Pacifists/Blind Target/whatever aren't official. They aren't animated. Bandai has no say in what they think is "official" and what not. Sunrise has the direct say. However, according to their staff, it has to be animated in the form of a movie or a series for it to be official. Ergo, you can shoehorn non-animated things in just fine, but when it comes down to the "strict" enforcement, they aren't.

Besides, Tiel's Impulse is just a bunch of main Gundam knockoffs anyways. They essentially look the same. :/
At this point, what is canon/offical doesn't matter to most people.

As it stands Wing has almost no chance at getting an animated follow up, and this is the next best thing. Not only that but storylines for games, model kits and other products come out based on other series follow ups that also aren't offical like Crossbone or MSV stuff.

When it comes to Tiel's Impulse I've wanted it for two reasons. 1. So another one of the pilots could make a comment on how there are like 10 different suits from this universe that are nearly the exact same and 2, simply because I liked Lucifer's Color scheme and I would like to see what they could do with Zero System 1.5/2.0.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 02:32   Link #4452
Destined_Fate

I'm sure they were an explanation for the Wings... Or they're just going with them appearing from nowhere because it looks cooler. They made like 6 of them right? And a bunch of knock off Heavy Arms too. Would be a pain to have to fight an army with that much ammunition.

You forgot the Zero System 2.5.

Quote:

Animated or not isn't really an issue for games like SD Gundam G Generation. The non-animated stuff will always be semi-canon anyway without any direct confirmation or denial most of the time since they could care less about the canon wars.

Hey, more Wing stuff is always popular to many Mecha fans, especially the demographic that plays SD Gundam G Generation and SRW. It would be shocking if Frozen Teardrop isn't at least represented by Heero and Snow White, it's like free advertisement for them since Wing is so popular in the games.
Old 2012-06-24, 05:35   Link #4453
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
I've only followed you here and on Zeonic... I don't think it's healthy to stock people in general.

HOW COW! How the hell does that suit even use that cross-shaped gun. There's no way in hell that it can even lift that... that gun probably weights as much as the Prometheus on empty.
well consider mars gravity is third of earth gravity. i dont think it's problem to carry it and use it

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 08:26   Link #4454
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Animated or not isn't really an issue for games like SD Gundam G Generation. The non-animated stuff will always be semi-canon anyway without any direct confirmation or denial most of the time since they could care less about the canon wars.
Except that SD Gundam G Generation and what not really doesn't have a plot and is a free-for-all when it comes to mechanics. But to quote if I may:

Quote:
As far as Sunrise is concerned, all the manga and video games and so forth fall into the unofficial gray area, and none of it counts until it shows up in the animation. If the stuff in these spinoff works seems plausible, and doesn't openly contradict the animation, that just means the creators are doing their jobs. Whether or not you want to consider it "true" or "real" is, it seems, a matter of individual fan preference.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 12:56   Link #4455
Ferhb

So, the question is: if Frozen Teardrop, technically, is not cannon, should we give up on it? Since it has no chance of being animated?
Should we wait a little longer or is it a complete joke already?
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 13:00   Link #4456
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Frozen Teardrop's been a joke since the start. ._.
Old 2012-06-24, 14:06   Link #4457
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
So, the question is: if Frozen Teardrop, technically, is not cannon, should we give up on it? Since it has no chance of being animated?
Should we wait a little longer or is it a complete joke already?
Why would you say there is no chance of it being animated? The fact that Wing is still being pushed and the novel isn't canceled shows that they are at least satisfied with it. If Wing merchandise stops being released you can drop it. But as of right now it has a better chance of being animated than most Gundam novels and manga.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 14:13   Link #4458
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Why would you say there is no chance of it being animated? The fact that Wing is still being pushed and the novel isn't canceled shows that they are at least satisfied with it. If Wing merchandise stops being released you can drop it. But as of right now it has a better chance of being animated than most Gundam novels and manga.
oh cmon. not even astray dont get animation.

but if you planing to stop because of that reason isnt that you already stop ages ago

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 14:15   Link #4459
gordol
Banned

The only ridiculous things on FT are the flashbacks and everyone is blood related to everyone. The Mars part is interesting with new Gundam designs(obviously they plan to reuse the MG base to make models so the Gundams are an evolution of their EW counterparts) and new grunt designs(C'mon people its Katoki designing Wing grunts again!) with cool battles(The Epyon vs Epyon was very exciting) and even Duo's son has a different personality than his father besides looking the same.

Only /m/ retards keep saying that it's complete shit without reading it. I, for one, have hopes this is going to be at least a decent series with cool battles and nice MS design.

Also hoping for an anime adaptation.
Old 2012-06-24, 14:21   Link #4460
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
oh cmon. not even astray dont get animation.

but if you planing to stop because of that reason isnt that you already stop ages ago
I agree that there is really no shot at it being animated.

However I don't think it's as bad as alot of people. There is certainly some good mixed in with the crazy, and while an Anime version is probably out of the cards getting stuff like new model kits based on the Gundams and eventually being used in SRW is probably a lock at this point and that is good enough for me.

Also if the SRW writers can make Destiny better, then they can do the same with FT and at least FT has something things I like which is more then Destiny considering I only liked Arthurn and Lacus.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing