AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 06:10   Link #321
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Ken is just.......is just..........KYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Woah dont know what happened there......>_>
Old 2012-08-12, 08:02   Link #322
sayde

Props to Kubo for deciding to briefly recap those 3 battles as oppose to devoting entire chapters towards covering them in full. Now that that's over, I hope Ken enjoys his second defeat at the hands of the big-bad. Because Shōnen basics 101 says he's not allowed to win this. Last but not least, I wonder if Kubo took the effort to come up with a bankai for Sasakibe or decided to have Yamamoto kill off Driscoll before he has a chance to use it.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 08:23   Link #323
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kenpachi coolly explaining how he killed these fodders was hilarious. "So yeah, that one kept blabbering about her powers so I ripped her throat out. The other turned into me so I had to become stronger than "myself". No big deal."

Such a badass.

I hope Yamamoto will kill that Quincy just as easily. I want to see Sasakibe's bankai first though.
Old 2012-08-12, 08:50   Link #324
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
no doubt sasakibe bankai is actually a bankai that will help yamamoto and thus powering him up instead of making him weaker.
Old 2012-08-12, 08:51   Link #325
Mindblower
Mr. Amazing

something tells me that yama might lose. then hes going to reflect on what captain ?koursutiche? said idk how to spell it ima just call him capt k. and then were gonna find out the plot behide this arc for about..... 2 or 3 chaps and then back to hm
Old 2012-08-12, 08:58   Link #326
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

i think its safe to re-post it here its a summary of what to expect on this long and last arc of Bleach

its a great read but for people who do not like even the slightest of spoiler then do not read

here are the links
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=472597
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/User_bl...reboot_wrap_up
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 09:11   Link #327
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
It makes sense that Kenpachi is really strong against these guys, since he does not rely on his bankai to win. I guess if you pitch Byakuya and Kenpachi up against one another in a fight, it would be an even one, but take away Byakuya’s bankai and Kenpachi owns him. Furthermore, if you had given Kenpachi the ability to use Byakuya's bankai, I think Byakuya would have gone *splatt*

What I don’t like however, is that these guys are so strong that some of my favorite characters become nearly useless, and thus we won’t see them in good fights. I’ve always been a fan of the vice-captains, because I think they have had some of the best fights in Bleach (Hisagi vs Findor for example). I wish the Sternritters also had something equal to “vice captains” called something else so that characters like Hisagi, Ikkaku and Matsumoto can get some time in the spotlight as well.
Old 2012-08-12, 10:28   Link #328
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I suppose some people would be disappointed in the fact that Ken's fights were given to us informed but it works out slightly better this way. One the biggest problems with the previous war arc was the pointless focus of so many fights one after another. Let's just get to the relevant stuff.
yea, I totally agree. it was a welcome change. I can't stand those useless fights and the powers of the quincies that kenpachi explained were pretty hackneyed anyway. especially the shape changer. I'm so glad we didn't have to sit through another self vs self battle in a series where the original self has to become stronger than himself... so boring

I'm sure we will see hisagi fight at some point again. he's a pretty popular character after all and I doubt this arc will end anytime soon. it's possible that he did achieve bankai and is just smarter than a bunch of idiot captains and doesn't want the enemy to steal it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 10:45   Link #329
Freeter
beyond

"The first guy was annoying, so I kicked his ass.
The second girl wouldn't shut up, so I ripped out her throat.
The third imitated me, so I CURBSTOMPED HIM BECAUSE I AM THE STRONGEST."

Thank you Kenpachi, for being the badass that you are and making this otherwise jobber finale worth reading.

And as for Ichigo's contribution this week: "WRROOOOAAHH!! WARROOAAAHH!!"

Thank you Kubo, for being Kubo
Old 2012-08-12, 10:45   Link #330
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It's more of a natural evolution to the storytelling. When you get so much stuff crammed togheter you need to start discarding some pieces to make the important parts stand out.
Old 2012-08-12, 13:05   Link #331
Calca
Expressionless

Did Yama-ji forget to bring Ryujinjakka?

He doesn't have his sword with him.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 14:08   Link #332
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Did Yama-ji forget to bring Ryujinjakka?

He doesn't have his sword with him.
Maybe he thought he'd handicap himself to get a better fight.

Or maybe he simply thought it was best to leave it home, just in case they have the ability to steal shikai as well. Imagine what would happen if the Sternritters got a hold of Ryujinjakka

I must say though, it feels kinda wierd that out of all people in Soul Society, Yama-ji comes to the rescue of Hisagi, a vice-captain. Shouldn't be he off to take care of Captain Buckbeard?
Old 2012-08-12, 17:06   Link #333
james0246

Yeah, Kenpachi really showed his mettle this week. The nondescript destruction of three of the talking-Stern-to-ya-Ritters was quite impressive (couldn't help but love the dig at monologing villains). Otherwise, this was a fairly short chapter (in content), but still fun.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 22:20   Link #334
Black-Cat-Sama

first of all, nice surprise to see Bleach back so quickly...really was thinking it was gone for a few more weeks--poor kubo =[.

Thank goodness they skipped over that Kenpachi vs three fight, but I must say, the explanation of their abilities were lame. When Kirge arrived, and that other guy that fought Ichigo at the beginning of the arc, they used Arrow/Spear weapons, things that are long distance and seem like they'd be in a Quincy Arsenal. Hell, Kirge brought out that technique to puppeteer your body from way back when, but now we hear that one can turn into an APE, COPY you and w/e the other girl could do? They're less Quincy and more just random ass people with abilities: like Chad and Orihime (not themed).

Part of my hope for this arc was seeing more badass Bow designs, but looks like that won't happen as expected
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 22:57   Link #335
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
Thank goodness they skipped over that Kenpachi vs three fight, but I must say, the explanation of their abilities were lame. ... we hear that one can turn into an APE, COPY you and w/e the other girl could do? They're less Quincy and more just random ass people with abilities: like Chad and Orihime (not themed).

Part of my hope for this arc was seeing more badass Bow designs, but looks like that won't happen as expected
lol! I totally agree, but I didn't want to say it because I really want bleach to not suck horribly. it's going to suck a little of course, but it doesn't have to be totally awful hopefully.

the ape one got me too... kenpachi might as well have said the quincy turned into a hippopotamus or a giant dung beetle or something slightly more crappier than an ape. at least it would have been funny and not stunk of kubo having no ideas what to do with the quincy powers. like you, I'd just prefer that most of them are badass archers or something like that. they dont need all these stupid mythical/transformation powers.

also the alphabet system is horrible. i know the espada were ranked by number, but come on... is it really necessary for the shitritters to have letter codenames? if there were other arcs after this (thankfully there won't be) would the bad guys be named after shapes or colors or something? or perhaps they would be a bunch of hollowfied frat brothers with greek letter codenames like zeta theta suckass

its just getting a bit silly for my tastes and its totally unnecessary in making the shitritters cool. i don't care if one is R and the other is T or whatever...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 00:53   Link #336
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The vizards doesn't need bankai to win, I would like to see their fights
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 03:26   Link #337
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
The vizards doesn't need bankai to win, I would like to see their fights
Maybe. I mean Kenpachi with patch = overpowering reiatsu to Buckbeard's likely #2.

Means the Quincy are weak as hell.
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 04:38   Link #338
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
Maybe. I mean Kenpachi with patch = overpowering reiatsu to Buckbeard's likely #2.

Means the Quincy are weak as hell.
16 Captain class level and above. They're not weak, its just Kenpachi was way stronger. The other guys are clearly having a tough time i.e Kyorakyu against old man with gun.

I hope these guys aren't going to start dropping off.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 04:53   Link #339
ronin myael
lost ronin

don't know about you guys but i liked this chapter for some reason. i would definitely like to see yamaji in a good brawl. i've got a feeling that ken-chan will be fighting the other guy (what's his name again?) and not "your majesty".
Old 2012-08-13, 11:05   Link #340
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
lol! I totally agree, but I didn't want to say it because I really want bleach to not suck horribly. it's going to suck a little of course, but it doesn't have to be totally awful hopefully.

the ape one got me too... kenpachi might as well have said the quincy turned into a hippopotamus or a giant dung beetle or something slightly more crappier than an ape. at least it would have been funny and not stunk of kubo having no ideas what to do with the quincy powers. like you, I'd just prefer that most of them are badass archers or something like that. they dont need all these stupid mythical/transformation powers.

also the alphabet system is horrible. i know the espada were ranked by number, but come on... is it really necessary for the shitritters to have letter codenames? if there were other arcs after this (thankfully there won't be) would the bad guys be named after shapes or colors or something? or perhaps they would be a bunch of hollowfied frat brothers with greek letter codenames like zeta theta suckass

its just getting a bit silly for my tastes and its totally unnecessary in making the shitritters cool. i don't care if one is R and the other is T or whatever...
Sums up my thoughts too. There are many ways to differentiate quincies without giving them random abilities with no theme at all. I had hoped they would be wielding different bows and maybe fire different projectiles, and each have like a “release” like power similar to Ishida’s power-glove.

Tags
bleach, chapter