AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-05, 10:44   Link #2441
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Oh I see. It's because I have heard from people who tried to install a game like Sexy Beach 3 on Vista had to manually move and delete files before things can work normally and even then not certain they would work smoothly like XP 32-bit environment. I'm planning to move to 64-bit platform and what you said is a bit reassuring. Thanks. Still looking for more feedback if possible though.
Well, I suppose 3D eroge like that are still in the minority, and if they did something strange with the OS, there's a chance there may be issues. But, for the most part, it's very, very rare to run into programs that don't work on 64-bit Vista these days. DirectX-based applications should have no problem. The only sorts of things that generally have trouble are device drivers and system utility type programs, and by now most of those have 64-bit versions. But if there are specific programs with issues, I imagine that they'll either be documented or patched by now. Like any rule, there's bound to be a few exceptions, but I can only say that I have been running 64-bit Vista on here for a while now, and haven't had any major issue launching any of the new eroge I've purchased in the last 12-18 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
I had no idea that 11eyes was being ported... did it really do that well?
Well, I think it did sell pretty well (#10 on Getchu for first-half 2008, for what it's worth), but all in all it's really the sort of game that was designed to be made into a consumer version, I think.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 21:24   Link #2442
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Normally I wouldn't post this here, but I totally had to, because Nitro+Chiral's sweet pool has one of the neater methods of manifesting decision points I've seen in any game. It's essentially the same as the red/green triggers in Chaos;Head, but soooo much more visually jazzy.

Short example video is here. Do you guys know of any other games that dress decision points up like this? I'm curious.
It's the first time I saw something like that in a eroge.
Old 2008-12-05, 21:56   Link #2443
Avisch
Reality Blender

Thats Nitro+Chiral's latest? That is pretty jazzy and perfect for them.

Well I've finally gotten around to playing Utawarerumono (PC). I think it's pretty good. But since I'm a person who looks deep into stories and such. I feel that the game doesn't have an immersive feel like some of the more recent visual novels I've played.
Battle system is good, simple and easy to get into. But I'll whine that the PS2 version has all the fun with the inclusion of items and bonuses, and more battles (and that version also has voices).

The game does have just a bunch of cute moment that are fun to watch. There's no problem with that.
More on my complaint with the lack of immersion. I guess perhaps, it's game that doesn't really rely on it to be fun.

The story is fine, and has good presentation (despite the lack of immersion). I have to congratulate the anime writers for giving alittle more depth to some parts of the story.

I don't love the music... it looks like I've been spoiled with a variety of great music after listening to Umineko's soundtrack.

One crazy B****

Last edited by Avisch; 2008-12-05 at 22:14.
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 11:39   Link #2444
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Now I currently Playing Yosuga no Sora
Already Finished 2 Route, Left 3 Route
Old 2008-12-07, 14:03   Link #2445
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Anime View Post
Now I currently Playing Yosuga no Sora
Already Finished 2 Route, Left 3 Route
How is it?
Old 2008-12-07, 16:51   Link #2446
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

While we're at it, I read somewhere that Yosuga no Sora has blood-related incest. How is that aspect of it handled? That intrigues me, if only for the novelty--it's nice to see a writer with the guts to go for the real thing instead of playing off some lame pseudo-incest vibe with childhood friends or adopted siblings. Of course, no point if it doesn't handle the f'ed up emotional issues with at least some seriousness. I'm not asking for a full-blown Koi Kaze-style treatment, but still....
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 17:39   Link #2447
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
While we're at it, I read somewhere that Yosuga no Sora has blood-related incest. How is that aspect of it handled? That intrigues me, if only for the novelty--it's nice to see a writer with the guts to go for the real thing instead of playing off some lame pseudo-incest vibe with childhood friends or adopted siblings. Of course, no point if it doesn't handle the f'ed up emotional issues with at least some seriousness. I'm not asking for a full-blown Koi Kaze-style treatment, but still....
It's not just blood-related incest, it's twincest. As Sora is hikikomori moe.

Though in terms of how it's handled drama was would be giving out too many spoilers.
Basically the siblings have a unbalanced dependency with each other do to their parents dieing.
Also, Sora's route isn't that long compared to the other girls (I was able to finish it in around 3-4 hours)
Old 2008-12-07, 18:06   Link #2448
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
It's not just blood-related incest, it's twincest. As Sora is hikikomori moe.

Though in terms of how it's handled drama was would be giving out too many spoilers.
Basically the siblings have a unbalanced dependency with each other do to their parents dieing.
Also, Sora's route isn't that long compared to the other girls (I was able to finish it in around 3-4 hours)
That's great! Ever since I read Akane-iro my interest in blood-related incest has grown a bit. Pretty much due to the drama.

I don't mind if it's short as long as it's worth the time.
Old 2008-12-07, 19:05   Link #2449
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Though in order to access Sora's route I think you have to complete the other routes first.
Also another good "incest" eroge is Kusarihime ~Euthanasia~
Old 2008-12-07, 19:06   Link #2450
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
How is it?
Looks like it's already answered by sterling

I save twincest route for the last
The one i finished is Akira and Kazuha Route
Old 2008-12-07, 19:19   Link #2451
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I'm not asking for a full-blown Koi Kaze-style treatment, but still....

Would you consider it a bonus if it turned out that way? >_>
Old 2008-12-07, 23:14   Link #2452
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
That's great! Ever since I read Akane-iro my interest in blood-related incest has grown a bit. Pretty much due to the drama.
Asanagi no Aquanauts also has blood incest, which also happens to be twincest cause the male lead and his sister are different gender identical twins (possible only through an extraordinarily rare genetic mutation in real life, but only requires love and peace in eroge! ) She's also his oneechan.
Old 2008-12-08, 01:06   Link #2453
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Though in order to access Sora's route I think you have to complete the other routes first.
Also another good "incest" eroge is Kusarihime ~Euthanasia~
I loved Kusari Hime, although the true end depressed me more than any other game I've played (and I tend to prefer the depressing stuff overall). Not in the sense that it made me cry or anything; I just couldn't imagine more of a downer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
I'm not asking for a full-blown Koi Kaze-style treatment, but still....

Would you consider it a bonus if it turned out that way? >_>
Well, yes.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 16:48   Link #2454
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Asanagi no Aquanauts also has blood incest, which also happens to be twincest cause the male lead and his sister are different gender identical twins (possible only through an extraordinarily rare genetic mutation in real life, but only requires love and peace in eroge! ) She's also his oneechan.
Yes, but if I read it correctly, it gets even weirder...
Spoiler for Asanagi no Aquanauts (Yuriko's Ending):
Definitely one of the more unconventional approaches to this issue in the games I've played.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 22:55   Link #2455
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I just played through half of the entirety of a game called "Futanari Kanon-chan" that came out a few days ago. It's not everyday so to speak that you see a game that centers around the concept of a dickgirl, so I gave it a try. There's another futanari game coming out in January as well.

This game is low budget and comes from one of those minor status, ero-oriented companies and you can see it. The interface is very simple with little eye candy. I thought it would be simplistic in story and characters too but I was pleasantly surprised by how decent the plot is and how well-executed the main character. Every character is voiced except for the males, and the main character is fully voiced as well, her dialogue, h-scenes, and monologues.

The game's main character is Shinonome Kanon, who was an ordinary girl until one day she woke up with a penis between her legs for some yet-unexplained reason, making her into a futanari. She keeps this development a secret from everyone else, fearing that they'll hate her and that she'll get expelled from her all-girls school and be shunned by society in general. Thus she has tried to continue her normal life to the best as she could while grappling with the issues and depression her condition causes her.

She's fairly hot and cute, lacking in self-confidence, and very nice to everyone...... unless she happens to be turned on and you happen to be a cute girl standing next to her, in which case RUN. RUN for your purity and maidenhood, because Kanon's sex drive is UNSTOPPABLE.

(it's much like this eyecatch implies)

It's not that she likes it or wants to be that way, but once her thing gets big (and it gets big frequently I tell you) it's gotta be taken care of somehow, preferably by herself, which she does frequently thoughout the game, but if a cute girl happens to be there and accidentally rubs Kanon's thing the wrong way..... well, young lady, we'll pray for your safe passage into the land of sin.

Her voice is high-pitched and I didn't feel comfortable with it at first but then grew to like it. Especially during the h-scenes.

The other characters are Matoba, who's Kanon's energetic kouhai who tries to support her sempai whenever and however she can. Yuki is the prim and proper student council president, while Kanon is the vice-president. Maya is the newly-appointed health teacher. There are also minor characters like that hideous bastard of a PE teacher, who's the closest thing to a villain in this game, who's a sadist who also likes to molest the students.

Kanon's a great character. Her lack of self-confidence, her struggle with her condition and her wish to become self-confident again and regain her normal, happy life, all make her a good character, but she becomes great in my opinion because she's not just nice, and self-pitying all the time. She can succumb to the stress or get mad at people too, so to speak. She doesn't just stand there and take it like some one-dimensional character.

Did I mention that she has a massive sex drive? Yes there's that, and the fact that this game is still one of those small, ero-oriented game. The game's opening scene is of her furiously beating it off in her bed in the morning because if she didn't she'd never get her morning wood into her underwear. But seriously, her sex drive is really something. And this game is raunchy, like Prima Stella raunchy, without sound effects, and with mainly girls. This game isn't that short though. I guess it's about a little less than normal ero-game length. Oh and lastly the music is actually pretty decent.

This game, in my opinion, exemplifies everything about the futanari fetish that makes it so appealing to its fans, so if you want to know why people like the fetish, this game would be an excellent way to know.

Enjoy, and watch your behinds!

EDIT: Actually I was mistakened; this game is pretty short. The whole thing is probably the length of a typical eroge's route plus a little more.

Last edited by Newprimus; 2008-12-09 at 00:28.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 23:34   Link #2456
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
This game, in my opinion, exemplifies everything about the futanari fetish that makes it so appealing to its fans, so if you want to know why people like the fetish, this game would be an excellent way to know.
I'll just stick to Gouen no Soleil or my collection of Shimoyakedou's doujin for my futanari fetish, as Futa Kanon-chan reminds me way too much of the "Discode" H-anime series.
Old 2008-12-08, 23:49   Link #2457
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
11eyes is getting a port to 360? Any info about extra stuff not included in the PC ver. for both 11eyes and Chaos;Head?
Chaos;Head will have new routes and scenarios and endings, and the game is going to be ADV instead of Novel.

11eyes will have new scenarios and 3 new characters with routes.

And both will be the usual 16:9, 720P, Dolby Digital that is typical of 360 games.
Old 2008-12-09, 01:28   Link #2458
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
I'll just stick to Gouen no Soleil or my collection of Shimoyakedou's doujin for my futanari fetish, as Futa Kanon-chan reminds me way too much of the "Discode" H-anime series.
I've seen the anime of Discode so I know what you're talking about, but Gouen no Soleil isn't really meant with the futanari fetish in mind. Futanari Kanon-chan portrays the 'spirit' so to speak of the fetish better.
Old 2008-12-09, 01:30   Link #2459
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

*looks at eyecatch*

LOL IS THAT SOME PARIS GUN!?!?!

Sorry, I just had to say it.
Old 2008-12-09, 04:04   Link #2460
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

That's what I thought too, but didn't know the name. I only knew it was some crazy WW2 era gun they built and tried to put into use.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel