AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-19, 15:38   Link #3021
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Just how popular was season one?

Just asking because if it was good enough to make a season two, they may be looking to extend the number of episodes, this just seems like an odd place to leave off unless they planned on making another series which just seems really stupid.

Who knows, we might tip twenty episodes... unless I'm missing some kind of common knowledge among this thread in which case please correct me now before anything odd happens.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 15:43   Link #3022
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Season1 DVD's sold pretty well after awhile season2 or CAPU2 was announced. Other people (not including me) complained about he panties shots and the fan service which was not in the manga.

Then on Capu2 they censored it, people again complained which Iam included why did they censor the goods?

Also this is what the anime LACKS!!!

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-19, 15:56   Link #3023
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Spoiler:
Wasn't he the guy in the newest arc of the manga?

I actually rather liked him, he makes for a good villian.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2008-12-19, 16:02   Link #3024
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
To use the Nanoha philosophy, Outer Moka has sentience, emotions and can talk to people. In that regard, she is a person. To see her being treated as less than one by most of this thread is disconcerting.
It's not like we think of Outer Moka as some sort of A.I./android ... If this was something akin to a soul possession or two souls/one body, then yes, I would understand perfectly why Tsukune did what he did.

Inner and Outer are two sides of the same coin (coin = Akashiya Moka) but each side is not a coin unto itself... With that said, one can argue that if one takes one side of the coin away, it's not a full coin either but this complicates the issue thanks to the lovely little item called the 'rosario'.

Inner Moka doesn't like being compared to Outer Moka since she thinks that Outer is 'weaker' than she is. So, to quote a phrase, her 'supreme pride as a vampire' doesn't allow for any sort of weakness to be shown but since she's rosario'd she can't do anything about it either - Outer is still 'her'. I think of Inner and Outer as this: 'Inner' is technically the 'outer shell' of Akashiya Moka. The 'outer shell' was meant to protect her 'inner heart' which I delegate to Outer Moka. Akayshia Moka is really kind and sweet and caring but to survive just in her own home, she had to be strong. Kindness was seen as weakness so she hid it behind her strength and fighting ability. She sparred with Kokoa almost daily - this was her way of showing she cared about Kokoa and spending time with her (Kokoa became too clingy and Moka said 'see ya').

Moka also has a reputation to live up to - being a vampire - an S-class youkai - she has to do things a certain way - it's expected of her from everyone. Being rosario'd meant that she didn't have to live that way - she was 'free' of those expectations. If you remember how she threatened Kurumu with snapping off her wings and Tsukune intervened, when Kurumu began to cry, Inner let out a breath as if she was holding it. She wasn't mad that Kurumu attacked her - she was mad that she was threatening Tsukune's life and for that, she was going to cripple her. Of course she can't say it like that since she's a vampire and everything is about 'them' to begin with.
Old 2008-12-19, 16:22   Link #3025
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Wasn't he the guy in the newest arc of the manga?

I actually rather liked him, he makes for a good villian.
He is actually a good villain than the previous ones on season1 manga and anime. A guy you'll love to hate.

Capu2 lacks a good villain boss.
Old 2008-12-19, 16:23   Link #3026
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Capu2 lacks a good villain boss.
It seems like they've set Kokoa up as that for now, fricken amateurs.

But I've only seen the raws, we have no idea what Tsukune may be confronting in his search for a replacement rosario.

Old 2008-12-19, 16:41   Link #3027
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
It seems like they've set Kokoa up as that for now, fricken amateurs.

But I've only seen the raws, we have no idea what Tsukune may be confronting in his search for a replacement rosario.
Oh for pete's sake! Kokoa the boss on Capu2? Man that's not a boss imo. She'll dazzle you with her dancing, then her censored panties and then kick your ass?

Not a good choice. Just hoping there's an ORIGINAL boss here at pe.13
Old 2008-12-19, 17:07   Link #3028
reaper_unique

a villian in 1 episode, O well I've seen stranger things I guess
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 19:27   Link #3029
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bishounen + Vampire

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 20:02   Link #3030
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... maybe this is just me thinking not enough/too much, but technically, this whole debate is moot about what each side is to Moka

and the reason is quite simple... all the business to determine what each side is is a product of the anime, and the anime is NOT canon.

...then again, when has that ever stopped this discussion before? I can't dsay any more due to the rest coming from manga events

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 20:03   Link #3031
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
and the reason is quite simple... all the business to determine what each side is is a product of the anime, and the anime is NOT canon.
It's a licensed product, so while it may be a different continuity, it is most assuredly canon. Those two terms get mixed up way too much these days.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 20:06   Link #3032
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

canon= done by the original creator

I'm pretty sure that this has very little connection to Akahisa Ikeda himself other than the characters and setting

Old 2008-12-19, 20:21   Link #3033
Midonin
Last Engage

While I accept that point, still, trying to put a damper on the debate is kind of...

I mean, that was some of the best discussion that's happened all thread.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 20:30   Link #3034
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

the show its self is prob only popular in Japan. THere most likely isn't as man fans over here in the US or any other Country
Old 2008-12-19, 20:57   Link #3035
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Mainly the since the talk in almost all forums I've been and gone to or lurked to they always R+V has great art and the MANGA has a better storyline.
Old 2008-12-19, 21:38   Link #3036
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

... well, that's because it's true

and while the Inner/outer has been a great discussion, it's also the type I hate- it's one that currently doesn't have a resolution, and you people will argue over it going nowhere forever, as I hioghly doubt 13 will address this issue

Old 2008-12-20, 08:13   Link #3037
reaper_unique

then why not debat about......say.....how EMO tsukune is in anime and what will happen next episode

btw is a sub out yet?
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 11:10   Link #3038
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

If they ever license the anime I hope they DO NOT make this translation mistake....

Go Figure...
Old 2008-12-20, 11:14   Link #3039
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

hahaha I like how Mizore gets an ENtire page of a Preview

Its like "and the girtl you all've been waiting for!"
Old 2008-12-20, 11:37   Link #3040
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

New Sound effect for Mizore...

SHWHHHHHUUUUUUuuuuuuu..... lol Is that the sound of ice freezing? Or just the cold tingle at your back. XD

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, vampire