AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-17, 17:26   Link #461
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
I would find it hilarious, if this were to happen

Spoiler for Should this happen:

Trololololol Kawamori.

Imagine all that rage.
I don't know how things will end, but surely Kawamori/Okada biggest issue, after all the *trolling*, is how to resolve the reincarnation thing coherently in some way. Even if I'm not sure if it has ever been a priority for them
If Amata should turn out being Apollo, well all his angst and struggling against fate would be meaningless. And now even Amata and Mikono find out all the similarities between Kagura and Apollo. So, I guess they will beat the bush for awhile. If they had to, it would be easier for them to unhook Mikono from her being Sylvia at some point.
Anyways, the first issue now is what Zessica will do. Even if all is pointing toward her moving on. So consequently which role she will have in the next future. I just hope Amata will be a man before all this and talk properly with her.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-04-17, 18:50   Link #462
mayumi

i wonder if the last episode will have amata-mikono-kagura in bitter battle like the end of first series only this time zessica being the mediator.
Old 2012-04-17, 19:44   Link #463
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You never know... Maybe there's something like 'His spirit still lives in there' !
well that could explain what they said about the reincarnation being split between mind, body, and soul. Apollo's consciousness and memories remain in Aquarion which explains why Kagura and Amata have neither of them (Kagura's "memories" are fake as of episode 16 since if they were memories they'd use Apollo and Silvia rather than Apollon and Silvie). His soul was given to Amata which is why he has the wings of the sun. Kagura became the body explaining his mannerisms and looks.
Old 2012-04-17, 21:16   Link #464
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
I would find it hilarious, if this were to happen

Spoiler for Should this happen:

Trololololol Kawamori.

Imagine all that rage.

Eh, shippers wouldn't care. They just care that their ship gets together. Whether they're destined together or not. I think people were going "amata = apollo, mikono=sylvia, obviously OTP = amata x mikono" very early on in the series. And now that there's doubt about amata = apollo, they're all 'yeah, amata defy fate, become amata x mikono'

TL;DR shippers are fickle people

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2012-04-17, 21:54   Link #465
mayumi

does anyone else think zessica's distortion can work similar to altair dimension gates? she can create space/time wormholes with her spiral power.
Old 2012-04-17, 23:00   Link #466
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Then again, if it ever does happen that Amata turns out to be Apollo, then the biggest trolling I'd see is that Zessica would be Silvia.

BUT, defying fate would still play in effect, and if Mikono isn't related to Silvia at all, then Amata would still defy his fate by choosing Mikono even if she is not apart of his destiny.

I would still find it amusing if any of this happened.
Old 2012-04-17, 23:03   Link #467
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

i'm finding it more likely zessica and amata end up together

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2012-04-18, 01:15   Link #468
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Eh, shippers wouldn't care. They just care that their ship gets together. Whether they're destined together or not. I think people were going "amata = apollo, mikono=sylvia, obviously OTP = amata x mikono" very early on in the series. And now that there's doubt about amata = apollo, they're all 'yeah, amata defy fate, become amata x mikono'
You meant Kagura instead of Amata, no? Amata x Mikono is not exactly the most popular thing around here... :P And I've seen people panicking because omg Amata trying to defy fate is ruining EVERYTHING.

Btw I don't see what's wrong about not caring about reincarnations. I don't care either. I have no investment in Apollo x Silvia or Apollonius x Celiane, and I don't particularly care if the reincarnations get together or not.
Old 2012-04-18, 03:12   Link #469
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

And suddenly! Fudo is Apollo! Mykage is Silvia!

Amata is Toma! Shushu is Reika!

(When interviewed, it was revealed that Kawamouri simply drew lots to determine the reincarnation business)
Old 2012-04-18, 03:50   Link #470
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingturkey View Post
And suddenly! Fudo is Apollo! Mykage is Silvia!
Frankly, I'd pay to watch that.

Btw Shushu is obviously Touma. See, he's white and his ears pass for feathers.
Old 2012-04-18, 04:09   Link #471
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Regardless on who's who now and the current circumstances, the idea of defying fate in fiction is mostly use when it is a grim one, EVOL do it in a reverse fashion (...), overcoming something positive.

I'm still thinking the whole serie was designed solely to bring the worst reactions from the audience, focusing mostly on ship buoyancy, leaving little to no room for discussion about anything else (Altair's in more trouble? so?).

Kawamori drawing lots tells a lot (...).
Old 2012-04-18, 06:08   Link #472
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post

TL;DR shippers are fickle people
You know, even if Amata turns out to be Apollo and it was his destiny all along, it wouldn't bother me because I've seen him work for this relationship. I've seen him willing to make a fool of himself in front of the whole class, I've seen him trying all sorts of cheesy moves and embarrassing lines, I've seen him get depress when she gets mad at him, and I've seen him put his life on the line several times.

To use a modern day analogy, it's not like he's some brat that inherits his rich family's trust fund and is now swing around that 12000 year old bottle of red wine he found in the cupboard while demanding the girl should run off with him because he's entitled to it like some kind of a birthright. He's a poor man's son working all night long...
Old 2012-04-18, 06:24   Link #473
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeaSaito View Post
Anyone has a summary on ep. 17????

Maybe Altair and Vega has their own legend from Apollo and Slivia?? The one Kagura speak about Apollon and Sylvie is the legend from Altair. The Vega legend is the true story of Apollo and Slivia is the image they saw with Mugen dimensional punch from the tv series/OVA. Kagura and Amata are the same person but different alternate world. Vega and Altair are the same world but opposite coin???
It's interesting. On one end there are a bit of plot hole, since it seems there is only one pair of wings of the sun.

On the other end it explains those flashbacks Kagura/Mikono have with people who are supposed to be Appollon/Sylvie but look nothing like Appollo/Sylvia (the dude heigth is pretty telling).

Kinda makes sense with the new OP. Altea = reverse vega. Then we have Mikono and Zessica who are reversed colored. Amata/Kagura sort of (not really sure for those 2)

The vision Mikono/ Kagura shared (which is different from the one Zess and Kagura had) could also be that of 2 peoples who have nothing to do with Appollo Sylvia or Appollon/Sylvie (just random winged people).
Old 2012-04-18, 06:26   Link #474
Natsu-Sama

I don't know if this have already has been mention on another post, but what Zessica and kagura saw in the version could be AliciaxKagura instead of Mikonoxkagura...

Well look at this:
Spoiler:

Alicia has that type of crown on her head and the same dress. Alicia and Mikono almost have the same face(it could go either way).
Old 2012-04-18, 06:32   Link #475
miketyson

I thought it was just supposed to be that those visions were based on the movie, but with present-day characters either self-inserting or inserting other present-day characters into the scenes...but that's why the costumes are the same.

That said the visual similarities between Alisia and Mikono are pretty striking, and I'm sure they're going to play into some upcoming twists.
Old 2012-04-18, 06:36   Link #476
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I thought it was just supposed to be that those visions were based on the movie, but with present-day characters either self-inserting or inserting other present-day characters into the scenes...but that's why the costumes are the same.

That said the visual similarities between Alisia and Mikono are pretty striking, and I'm sure they're going to play into some upcoming twists.
All the chikcs look the same to me,just with different hair.

The vision is not the movie. In the movie, Appollon has long hair.

Amata confirmed to be a momcon

Another theory, I'm fairly sure of this one :
Alicia's soul is in the Aquarion.
Old 2012-04-18, 06:39   Link #477
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
The vision is not the movie. In the movie, Appollon has long hair.
That's why I said the present-day characters got inserted into it. Scene from movie, but with different "actors" in it.
Old 2012-04-18, 06:49   Link #478
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
That's why I said the present-day characters got inserted into it. Scene from movie, but with different "actors" in it.
Kagura and Mikono had the exact same vision. Considering that, I doubt it's their imagination running wild. And the faces weren't even shown.
The scene doesn't exist in the little we've seen of the movie.
Old 2012-04-18, 06:52   Link #479
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsu-Sama View Post
I don't know if this have already has been mention on another post, but what Zessica and kagura saw in the version could be AliciaxKagura instead of Mikonoxkagura...
It would be really hilarious. First chasing his quasi-girlfriend and then even his mother.
Poor Amata, he is lucky he doesn't have sisters.

Talking about popular shippings, there are any online/offline pools about that? So far, in AS I'd say that there is a little prevalence of Amata/Mikono.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-04-18, 06:55   Link #480
miketyson

Right, but don't forget that Zessica saw Alisia overlaid on Mikono and Mikono saw nameless-actor-who-played-Appollon overlaid on Kagura. Even if we haven't seen that exact scene in the movie -- which we wouldn't, yet, because it'd make the fact that those visions are "fake" too obvious -- it seems incredibly likely that it's based on the movie.
Closed Thread