Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-08, 13:57   Link #1
zabour

something similar eureka 7

im kinda new here so ill start bysaying hi:P
hi, well i am looking for something similar to eureka seven, it doesnt have to be mecha or something, its just that this might be the first time ive been so tuched by smething that is romance:P and i finished watching it quite some time ago, and i need something ...=)
Old 2007-11-08, 17:54   Link #2
NightSamurai

If you like Eureka 7 you might also like Fate/Stay Night, it has similar aspects on the romance side and the fighting scenes are excellent.
Old 2007-11-08, 21:47   Link #3
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

From what I've heard Eureka 7 takes a nod from Rahxephon though I haven't seen much of either, but both are massively acclaimed. Though I am not sure why you're calling Eureka 7 "romance" O_o
Old 2007-11-08, 22:10   Link #4
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

E7 is basically a rehash of Evangelion, so you may want to check it out too. (I know I'll get flamed for this, but really. It is. Angsty guy, crazy chicks, unstable mecha, etc etc.)
Old 2007-11-09, 08:21   Link #5
zabour

RH, fate stay night and evangelion? i have heard of them before but never seen em...thanks alot people=)))
Old 2007-11-09, 09:06   Link #6
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
E7 is basically a rehash of Evangelion, so you may want to check it out too. (I know I'll get flamed for this, but really. It is. Angsty guy, crazy chicks, unstable mecha, etc etc.)
No flamed, but perhaps corrected.

I am always amused at how many people think that any of those archetypes in a series actomatically make it a "rip-off" or "rehash" of NGE. Angsty heros go back probably as far back as people have been telling stories, and mysterious females probably just as far. Even the "mystical mecha" is not original and goes back at least as far as Space Runaway Ideon if not Mazinger Z.

So, if you are going to accuse other series of "rehashing" from NGE, you also have to acknowlege that it "rehashed" just as much from what came before it. Still, what it boils down to is that almost nothing is truly original, and what's important is whether it succeed or fails as entertainment.

But, to get back to the OP's question, two other series that I have gotten the same sort of feeling from are Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula and Dragonaut: The Resonance. Both with a young, male protagonist and a romatically involved young girl, a mystery that may involve the fate of the world, and battles with giant mecha (or in the case of Dragonaut, giant dragons). Gigantic Forumula is finished airing and almost finished subbing, while Dragonaut is a Fall 2007 series that is up to about ep 6 right now.
Old 2007-11-09, 09:10   Link #7
Blaat

Heh Eureka 7 is a combination of Evangelion, Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam X and slight dash of Zeta Gundam. Which is why the show was awesome.
Old 2007-11-09, 09:17   Link #8
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
No flamed, but perhaps corrected.

I am always amused at how many people think that any of those archetypes in a series actomatically make it a "rip-off" or "rehash" of NGE. Angsty heros go back probably as far back as people have been telling stories, and mysterious females probably just as far. Even the "mystical mecha" is not original and goes back at least as far as Space Runaway Ideon if not Mazinger Z.

So, if you are going to accuse other series of "rehashing" from NGE, you also have to acknowlege that it "rehashed" just as much from what came before it..
Don't even get me started on Eva. I disliked it, and E7. Both for fairly similar reasons, but don't mistake for a moment that I think Eva is original. Far from it. Now, before people do flame me, I appreciate Eva's place in anime history, I just don't personally like the story, or the way it was presented. Yet I still own it on DVD.

E7, on the other hand, doesn't have any sort of special spot in anime history like Eva does, and really doesn't have much new or original to hold itself on its own (other than the sort of 'trendy' surfer gang and the music... both aspects that made me dislike it further). But, this isn't an E7 or Eva discussion thread, so I'll just stop. ^_^; My simple point was that E7 was very, very similar to Eva.
Old 2007-11-09, 09:50   Link #9
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Don't even get me started on Eva. I disliked it, and E7. Both for fairly similar reasons, but don't mistake for a moment that I think Eva is original. Far from it. Now, before people do flame me, I appreciate Eva's place in anime history, I just don't personally like the story, or the way it was presented. Yet I still own it on DVD.
I'm actually with you as far as NGE goes. It does have a significant place in anime history, but I personally did not like it at all. On the other hand, I really liked Eureka Seven a lot. In fact, I liked it enough that I have been buying the DVD singles as they came out.

Now, both the series I mentioned (Gigantic Formula and Dragonaut) have their flaws, too, but they are I think series that someone who did like Eureka Seven might like, too.
Old 2007-11-09, 09:59   Link #10
Westlo
Lets be reality

You should check out the show Bones made before Eureka Seven in RahXephon.
Old 2007-11-10, 17:46   Link #11
blewin

I feel that Full Metal Alchemist is similar to E7, as both animes are about boys growing up, but the love in FMA is more of a brotherly love than romance.
Old 2007-11-10, 18:09   Link #12
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
try:

Elemental Gelade

Demonbane

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2012-04-22, 00:30   Link #13
Thebluegecko97
Anime Junkie

Eureka 7 not being a Romance?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
From what I've heard Eureka 7 takes a nod from Rahxephon though I haven't seen much of either, but both are massively acclaimed. Though I am not sure why you're calling Eureka 7 "romance" O_o
I'm sorry but you must be crazy . My personal opinion Eureka 7 is perhaps the best love story of all time. It is just AMAZING. There is the lead up which is a little slow and confusing at first but then things get good. I don't want to ruin the story line but OMG the anime IS a romance with giant robots.
Old 2012-04-22, 01:14   Link #14
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
Though I am not sure why you're calling Eureka 7 "romance" O_o
...and by the way.... What hooked me in E7 is the romance, basically!!!

Rinne no Langrange... Seeing this reminded me of Eureka 7 primarily because of the mecha design... There ain't romance in this one. But the action is great.

Spoiler for Romance in Rinne no Langrange:
Old 2012-04-22, 02:26   Link #15
Aqua Knight

Xam'd
I think it's the perfect choice.
Old 2012-04-22, 12:13   Link #16
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Last Exile - It's about aviation, wars, and adventure. The story gets more darker and more interesting as time goes on, and there's little traces of romance in it.