AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-03, 17:45   Link #26181
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

9-year-old Bronx boy fights for his life after being thrown off of building roof

Quote:
A 9-year-old desperately pleaded, “Stop! Stop!” as a callous teen neighbor dragged him to the roof of their five-story Bronx apartment building and chucked him over the ledge, cops and witnesses said Saturday.
“Mommy! Mommy!” Freddy Martin cried out, unable to move, as he lay on the concrete sidewalk in front of the Nelson Ave. building in Morris Heights, witnesses said.
“I looked out the window and was scared,” said neighbor Wanda Simonetti. “I saw his body on the ground.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2JsYRMtCI

Old 2013-02-03, 17:50   Link #26182
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
My hearts go out to that poor boy.

What's the douche got to say to explain himself I wonder??

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-02-03 at 18:17.
Old 2013-02-03, 18:12   Link #26183
ChainLegacy
廉頗

What a horrific thing to do to a little kid.
Old 2013-02-03, 19:27   Link #26184
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
My hearts go out to that poor boy.

What's the douche got to say to explain himself I wonder??
Doing something like this to a little kid?

I don't care what he has to say, except he should say it as HE gets thrown off a building.

And just to make sure he has enough time to talk, we should make it a 50 stories high building. You know, just in case.
Old 2013-02-03, 19:35   Link #26185
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I don't care what that teenage piece of human thrash has to say either. He should be the one being thrown off a building.

I have no sympathy for such people.

Meanwhile, I hope that kid will make his way out alive.
Old 2013-02-03, 19:41   Link #26186
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post

I don't care what he has to say, except he should say it as HE gets thrown off a building.

And just to make sure he has enough time to talk, we should make it a 50 stories high building. You know, just in case.
You know what is worse than injury or death?

Suffering. Hang him from his feet at Trump Tower.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-03, 20:53   Link #26187
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post

A quick and pretty much sure death seem kind of ''light'' compared to what the kid did and will suffer.
Old 2013-02-03, 21:09   Link #26188
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
wow...that's just mess up, man. >______>

from that height, it's pretty freaking scary as hell to fall off from and to get push
off the roof...yikes. i have the tendency to fear height myself, even though i have
jump out of C-130 in the Army for about 22 times already. i have a parachute so i'm
a little ok, but i still have some crazy heart beats when coming down.

i'll be scare to death if i'm push off that building. hope the boy is ok. the trauma from falling
off from that height isnt going to be very pleasant.
Old 2013-02-03, 22:08   Link #26189
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
wow...that's just mess up, man. >______>

from that height, it's pretty freaking scary as hell to fall off from and to get push
off the roof...yikes. i have the tendency to fear height myself, even though i have
jump out of C-130 in the Army for about 22 times already. i have a parachute so i'm
a little ok, but i still have some crazy heart beats when coming down.

i'll be scare to death if i'm push off that building. hope the boy is ok. the trauma from falling
off from that height isnt going to be very pleasant.
I thought you paratroopers did learn how to do do water insertions.

But yeah, 5 floors into water is nothing compared to 5 floors into solid ground. The thing about jumping into water at such a height is that it hurts at the spot so much that you wish you were female at the moment.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-03, 22:32   Link #26190
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I thought you paratroopers did learn how to do do water insertions.
eeerrr...dont reminds me of this. my buddy once try sticking the needle into my vein
for the water insertions process and he miss the vein quite a bit.
the PAIN...i dont wanna do that ever again...
Old 2013-02-03, 23:48   Link #26191
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
eeerrr...dont reminds me of this. my buddy once try sticking the needle into my vein
for the water insertions process and he miss the vein quite a bit.
the PAIN...i dont wanna do that ever again...
I mean the water insertion was to parachute into the water.

The one I learnt was to jump from a low-flying chopper and swim ashore.

Old 2013-02-04, 00:56   Link #26192
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ ohh ok, that. i think they taught us that...sorry, my memory is not kicking in since it's
been too long. most of the landing place that i have to jump from Ft. Bragg were all surrounding
by forest and tree. the worst landing i ever gotten was on the trees. and that experience
wasn't even funny. >_____>

i didnt really have to worry about landing on water because we were no where near
anything water.
Old 2013-02-04, 03:57   Link #26193
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You know what is worse than injury or death?

Suffering. Hang him from his feet at Trump Tower.
No...just stick him out the window of an airplane...at 11km in the air and moving near transonic speed.
Old 2013-02-04, 07:08   Link #26194
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
No...just stick him out the window of an airplane...at 11km in the air and moving near transonic speed.
No, we don't want him dead, we want him to be ALIVE AND SUFFERING for as long as the boy had.

Politics of pollution: China's oil giants take a choke-hold on power

Quote:
To be sure, many sources contribute to air pollution levels that hit records in January, but analysts say the oil companies' foot-dragging and disregard of environmental regulations underscore a critical challenge facing a toothless environment ministry in its mission to curb air pollution.

With widespread and rising public anger changing the political calculus, it also poses a broader question of whether the incoming administration led by Communist Party chief Xi Jinping will stand up to powerful vested interests in a country where state-owned enterprises have long trumped certain ministries in the quest for economic growth at all costs.

"I think the Communist Party's new government should weaken CNPC and Sinopec," said Wang Yukai, a professor from the National School of Administration. "These interest groups have too much power."
They took over SPC and had a whole crapload of modern refining technologies 2 years ago and they are not using it? China's Big Oil is certainly learning the ropes well from their US counterparts. Screw the environment, too bad for the people. Our profits are more important!

Old 2013-02-04, 07:13   Link #26195
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Richard III dig: DNA confirms bones are king's

Quote:
A skeleton found beneath a Leicester car park has been confirmed as that of English king Richard III.

Experts from the University of Leicester said DNA from the bones matched that of descendants of the monarch's family.

Lead archaeologist Richard Buckley, from the University of Leicester, told a press conference to applause: "Beyond reasonable doubt it's Richard."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-21063882

Old 2013-02-04, 07:26   Link #26196
Ridwan

More Evidence Emerges That "Hobbits" Were A Separate Species

Quote:
In 2003, researchers uncovered 18,000-year-old bones of a woman with a skull a third of the size of a human's on the island of Flores, Indonesia. They subsequently found more remains belonging to up to nine similarly pint-sized prehistoric creatures. Nicknamed after the the J.R.R. Tolkien characters, they stood some 3 and a half feet tall.

The origin of these hobbits has been controversial, as claiming they are a different kind of hominid closer to Homo erectus than Homo sapiens throws a wrench in many established theories of human evolution. But Frodo fans can delight in new evidence that hobbits did in fact belong to the extinct species Homo floresiensis.

A study published in Journal of Human Evolution last week shows hobbit wrists were markedly different from humans', lending credence to the theory that they were a separate species from Homo sapiens. After studying the differences between the carpal bones of the Homo floresiensis remains discovered in 2004 and modern human and Neanderthal wrists, scientists says that hobbits weren't just abnormally small humans.
Old 2013-02-04, 07:27   Link #26197
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Iran says Israel will regret Syria air strike
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9130BJ20130204
Did Iran send new ''toys'' to the palestinians or the Hezbollah ?
Old 2013-02-04, 11:33   Link #26198
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Investigation Finds Suspected Fixing in 680 Soccer Matches

Quote:
Despite the scale of the problem, which is magnified by the media scrutiny of professional-level soccer, [Rob Wainwright, the director of Europol] noted that the profits identified by officials Monday — about 8 million euros — were “tiny in the grand scheme of organized crime.”

“I still think it’s important, though,” he said, “because it’s had an impact on very many matches, many officials, it goes to the heart of the integrity of the game. This is not a threat to be measured in dollar signs or euro signs.”
Apparently the guy behind it all is a Singaporean named Dan Tan.

Quote:
Europol did not publicly identify the ringleader of the gang, but several knowledgeable law enforcement officials later said on the condition of anonymity that it was a Singapore-based man, known as Dan Tan. Mr. Tan has been implicated in match-fixing cases dating back at least to 1999, the officials said.
Also we have

Parking Shortage Worsens across Britain
Quote:
November 18, 2013 - A spokesman for the Home Secretary announced today that the great parking shortage occasioned by the discovery of Richard III's remains beneath a carpark in Leicester continues to worsen. "Carparks are being dug up all across our great nation under pressures from anthropologists and historians looking for the remains of other kings and queens." Rumors that bones belonging to Henry VIII have been discovered under a London carpark, and that the remains of Mary, Queen of Scots, might have been found under a carpark in Edinburgh, have led to a frenzy of excavation efforts in all parts of Britain. As many as 100,000 parking spaces have been lost in cities across the country, and the number continues to rise. However, the spokesmen did observe that these developments have helped to provide jobs for construction workers who had lost them during the current recession.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2013-02-04 at 12:06.
Old 2013-02-04, 13:32   Link #26199
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
The federal government wants to create super WiFi networks across the nation, so powerful and broad in reach that consumers could use them to make calls or surf the Internet without paying a cellphone bill every month. The proposal from the Federal Communications Commission has rattled the $178 billion wireless industry, which has launched a fierce lobbying effort to persuade policymakers to reconsider the idea, analysts say. That has been countered by an equally intense campaign from Google, Microsoft and other tech giants who say a free-for-all WiFi service would spark an explosion of innovations and devices that would benefit most Americans, especially the poor.
The airwaves that FCC officials want to hand over to the public would be much more powerful than existing WiFi networks that have become common in households. They could penetrate thick concrete walls and travel over hills and around trees. If all goes as planned, free access to the Web would be available in just about every metropolitan area and in many rural areas.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...5ee_story.html
Goliath vs Goliath

ATT/Verizon/Comcast vs Google/Microsoft/Facebook

I always wonder why the Tech industry didn't start their own ISP. Since they are all more or less at the mercy of the telecom giants.
Old 2013-02-04, 16:02   Link #26200
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Investigation Finds Suspected Fixing in 680 Soccer Matches

Apparently the guy behind it all is a Singaporean named Dan Tan.
Well because Singapore has an image of being squeaky clean, many interesting people like to come here to do their laundry because it gets overlooked by investigators.

And there are some who knew but keep their mouth shut because the SPF doesn't have enough manpower to protect them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Goliath vs Goliath
ATT/Verizon/Comcast vs Google/Microsoft/Facebook

I always wonder why the Tech industry didn't start their own ISP. Since they are all more or less at the mercy of the telecom giants.
Business focus. Running a satellite station isn't easy nor cheap, in fact, I remember reading it somewhere that it is more expensive to run a network than to run a NPP grid in a population density of 4000 per sq km.

Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international