AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 17:46   Link #2881
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Also, "call you silly"? You've hit the nail right on the head; the dubs in JRPGs are generally so painful to me. People sound bored and about twice their actual age. I agree that Final Fantasy XIII's voice acting wasn't bad, but hey, at least that's counter-balanced with the game itself. xD
Glad to know I'm not alone then.

Btw FF13 isn't that bad and I actually like the fighting system. I will however admit that the game dropped every pretense of non-linearity but let's face it: JRPG have always been pretty much linear games giving the illusion of choice.
Old 2012-01-23, 18:58   Link #2882
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Glad to know I'm not alone then.

Btw FF13 isn't that bad and I actually like the fighting system. I will however admit that the game dropped every pretense of non-linearity but let's face it: JRPG have always been pretty much linear games giving the illusion of choice.
I like that illusion of choice though. It's the difference between not having something, and at least feeling like you have something. Since video games are fictional worlds of entertainment, I'd definitely want the latter.

I'll admit with FFXIII the paradigm system was interesting, but everything was so...pre-plotted that all you do is stomp down one corridor until a cutscene or a fight hits you. Even in fights, all you end up doing is selecting "auto" until your specials charge up. It's like a big movie that's been falsely labelled as a game or something.
Old 2012-01-24, 15:09   Link #2883
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Valkyria Chronicles and Heavy Rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That's generally debated between Symphonia, Vesperia (ps3), and Graces F. From what I've read on the reasons people have, it really comes down to what you look for in a JRPG. Personally I loved the former two, so I look forward to Graces F.
I'll always consider Symphonia a superior JRPG to most anything, par Persona 3 and 4.

Due to me still being upset at Bandai Namco, I'll avoid getting Graces F right off the bat.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 06:17   Link #2884
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Ended up playing Crysis 2 with my 360 controller on the PC if anyone would have said to me in the past i'd end up playing a fps with a controller on the PC i would have laughed it of...
Old 2012-01-25, 09:36   Link #2885
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Ragnarok Online, I replayed since one week ago, just at the start of a double exp event. This, + the 50% bonus from VIP feature and the triple exp book, I went from 86 to 98. 10% left before Rune Knight.
Old 2012-01-25, 18:38   Link #2886
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Just had an extremely fun session of Black Ops.

lolwut, indeed.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 03:22   Link #2887
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

For the first time in my life playing a FPS with a gamepad (a 360 gamepad), Crysis 2 on PC and i'm having fun XD.
Old 2012-01-26, 04:39   Link #2888
Reverzer0
Sleeping

Dissidia duodecim. trying to beat this week",
Old 2012-01-26, 06:10   Link #2889
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Playing Muv-Luv Alternative and Jagged Alliance Urban Chaos.

In Alternative (second time through) the 00 Unit has just been revealed. Still love this game, Meiya is just so damn awesome. My ideal woman. :3

In Urban Chaos I'm still trying to find the coveted AWSM. I'm sick of my SV98 not one shot head shoting Danubian Spec Ops. I have a few 338LM magazines but no rifle damn it.

But words cannot describe how much I love the M4 upgrade path in this pod. The suppressed and scoped M4A1 is just so overpowered. A single Merc armed with this deadly rifle can normally clear an entire sector at night by themselves.

So far I only have one fully upgraded rifle. I have three other M4A1s but I have yet to find any more scope adapters. However due to the lack of NATO ammunition in Danubia, most of squad is sporting some form of Kalashnikov or one of it's many derivatives.

I've got two M249 SAWs but my reserves of 5.56x45 NATO aren't as large as I'd need to keep two such weapons fed as well as my M4A1s.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 18:57   Link #2890
Sik-07
Chuu~

Espgaluda trying to 1CC arcade mode and coming painfully close but that last attack's so hard >.<

Old 2012-01-28, 19:05   Link #2891
abc0716

Currently playing Far Cry 2, Little Big Planet and ToX, however the prior one is the game I most frequent to play at the moment.

The diamond briefcases are pretty hard to find, plus you often need to avoid gunfight since anybody will shoot at you outside the towns. (I'm not really a good FPS player by the way)

LBP is pretty a fun game to play, somehow it reminds me a little bit of Mario series.

On ToX, about to going for final boss fight (and 1 more side-event, the jewels one). I think I will grind / farm for a while, plus completing anybody's arena single battle before goto the (deeper) final boss dungeon.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 19:35   Link #2892
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Taking a break from "Disgaea 3" and "Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable GoD" and playing "Star Ocean: The Last Hope -International-".

...and here I thought "Disgaea 3" was addicting, I got "Star Ocean" two days ago and I've already put in 30hours into it. *feeling dizzy from the lack of sleep* (@_@) As one would expect from SquareEnix the graphics are stunning. Loving the story so far as well, there are quite a few references that can be linked back to the first "Star Ocean". If anyone is thinking about playing 4 then I highly recommend playing 1 first.

The best part about SO4? JAPANESE VOICE OVERS AND TEXT!!!!!! I wish there were more games like this...it'd save me a fortune from importing games from Japan.

Another thing about SO4 I love...Reimi. She easily climbed to the top ranks of my "Favorite Video Game Girl" list. She's so... And I didnt expect fan service from SE, not that I'm complaining. Reimi's shower scene?!?... G'job SquareEnix.

I also love the scenes with Welch in this game. Sure, its not the same Welch that I've known and loved since SO3 but still, I love her character. The characters are really unique and interesting in this game. The way that Rimuru walks is so adorable.

...waiting for Rune Factory to come in the mail and also waiting on BlazBlue CSE to be released.
Old 2012-01-29, 20:18   Link #2893
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Finally renewed my XBL Gold membership after almost 2 years.

Went back to playing Halo Reach and Modern Warfare 2.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 20:54   Link #2894
djmaca
My Girl ↓

P3 FES in my old PS2 and my lost copy of YuGiOh 5D's 2011(which just arrived two days ago, damn it).

And now I learn that 5D's screwed the password card system. F**k them. Now I can't enter my VWXYZ dependent decks.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 10:13   Link #2895
Nihokon

Lunar Silver Star Harmony (PSP)
Do you know the feeling when you spent 2 hours straight in a boss fight, used all of your skills and items to hold out the fight, then later realized that the whole ordeal was a hopeless boss fight? I just learned that feeling with the help of Magic Emperor Ghaleon.
I'd rather have my party defeated instantly with a 9999 damage of Armageddon spell.
Old 2012-01-30, 10:23   Link #2896
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Some TF2...and may be some other game on steam.Going to do some half life,too.
Old 2012-01-30, 11:19   Link #2897
Dextro
He Without a Title

I've been clocking quite a few hours on Persona 4 lately. 35h on the clock already (about 10 of those just yesterday). I'm enjoying this one a lot more than the previous one mostly due to the ability to actually control all the party members in combat this time 'round.
Old 2012-01-30, 11:27   Link #2898
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Finished White Knight Chronicles, can't believe it was only 30 hours, and that's with 4 hours spent on raising guild rank and gathering materials (which I didn't use in the end). What a ripoff, where's the rest of the story!?

The gameplay was good, but the magic system was messy; AoE elemental spells took too long to cast for too much mana, and their range was not displayed...oh, and the character buffs lasted a bit too little for their cost. Other than that, it was fun, I like the fact that there are different weapon types to go with, keeps some variety in the game.

Speaking of weapons, the upgrade system was TERRIBLE. You must spend a few materials to give your weapon +1 attack, then more to get it to +2, and from +3 onwards it's plain robbery regardless of weapon level. What really bothered me though, is that at +5 the weapon's growth stops. You can't upgrade it any further, and you can't turn it into something better (ala Dark Cloud, which I was expecting from Level_5). So, what to do with old weapons? Break them down...and get nothing for it -___- I ended up finishing the game with normal gear, held on binding weapons till I reach max rank first, to make it actually worth it.

New game+ seems to have some more items and treasures around, but the enemies are at the same level. Raising their stats a bit would have been better...compared to the other games with NG+ that I've played, this one's the weakest. I'll still run through it once or twice though.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2012-01-30 at 11:38.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 15:44   Link #2899
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

So I got Might and Magic Heroes 6 for long commutes because I saw it go on sale. I figured, turn based games, perfect to be played on bus/trains. I also played a lot of M&M series when I was younger so the nostalgic feeling lead to the impulsive decision.

Oh how wrong am I.

I installed the game, was forced to download a 500mb patch (that was the day1 patch). After I let the process finish, I find out that certain parts of the game require constant internet connection (the dynasty traits and weapons). Also my offline and online (single player) saves are separate from each other... wtf?

Went on PB to find a crack to hopefully bypass that, but cracks do not seem to solve the whole online thing.

Ended up returning the game within 48 hours.

Afterthoughts:
If I had pirated the game in the first place I would have read about the whole online thing in the comments and would know clearly what I am getting. Sorry, I am adding you into the pirate list.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 19:52   Link #2900
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

So I've been recently introduced to the Touhou games...and I think I've lost control of my life

In addition to playing the games everyday, I've been saving so many Touhou remixes and fanart. My folder gets bigger each day, and with the big and amazing fandom of Touhou...I don't think it's ever going to stop