Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-19, 13:39   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Getsumen to Heiki Mina (TV Series!)

If you've seen "Densha Otoko," then you know what "Getsumento Heiki Mina" means

Last edited by kj1980; 2005-12-20 at 07:44.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 14:29   Link #2
Ialdaboth

Carrots. And missile-shooting space trains.
Old 2005-12-20, 14:59   Link #3
LytHka
Banned

Now, all we need to do is for the OVA to come out.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 15:02   Link #4
音楽は死んだ
Boobies² = Fun

Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
If you've seen "Densha Otoko," then you know what "Getsumento Heiki Mina" means
Yea, "Making no sense... cutely"
音楽は死んだ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 06:35   Link #5
NeoSam

A Getsumen Usagi Heiki Mina manga is going to start in February's edition of the shounen manga magazine Dengeki Comic Gao!
Old 2006-10-27, 10:21   Link #6
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
A Getsumen Usagi Heiki Mina manga is going to start in February's edition of the shounen manga magazine Dengeki Comic Gao!
By the way, the title is "Getsumento Heiki Mina" not "Getsumen Usagi" The kanji for "usagi" is read "to" in this case.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 14:38   Link #7
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
By the way, the title is "Getsumento Heiki Mina" not "Getsumen Usagi" The kanji for "usagi" is read "to" in this case.
Ahh >.< my mistake, thanks for the correction ^^
Old 2007-01-02, 09:29   Link #8
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Rabbit girls ftw! PV from Comiket 71. Looks like it will be fun and those Okama designed costumes are Though I wish Gainax were animating this instead of Gonzo. It even looks like Die Buster at times, largely thanks to Okama who worked on both.

Yay, Kana Hanazawa (Ryoko from Zegapain) plays Nankoru Hazemi. This is only her second main role, so I'm eager to hear her voicework in this.

Airs January 13th btw.

EDIT: For anyone interested in the Densha Otoko OP compared with the Hideaki Anno directed Daicon IV OP (on which it's based) here's the clip on Youtube.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-01-02 at 12:01.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 11:39   Link #9
Marvel
Demon-Fox Insideİ

This one looks promising, the carrot missiles are really original. From what we've seen in Densha Otoko it looks like a chaotic series.
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 19:24   Link #10
eggplant
Eggplant

Saw Episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 08:00   Link #11
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Okay. Bunny girls with vegetable weapons, talking babies, secret moon bases shaped like rabbits and baseball bat wielding giant robots ~ it's as ludicrous as it sounds

Spoiler for ep 1 thoughts + screenshots:

Overall, some nice comedy and action. Not to be taken seriously at all, but savoured for its insane plot and visuals. Gonzo does a great job with the animation (I'd love to know who animated the turnip girl's scenes), emulating Gainax's madcap style (like in FLCL), a nod to the origins of the whole idea.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-01-14 at 17:31. Reason: fixing factual errors
Old 2007-01-14, 14:29   Link #12
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I loved the look and the animation. Mina/Miina was good, and so were some of the other characters, as Sonhex said. Yes, there is nothing much new except the carrots, etc., but things moved quickly: it was as if they took for granted we knew all the stereotypes and didn't bother setting things up, just cut straight to the chase.

Enjoying weirdness as I do -- and Getsumento Heiki Mina is plenty weird -- I'm surprised that I didn't enjoy the show more. By the way, I'm surprised to see this called an OVA in the thread title, since it has at least 11 episodes and goes weekly from now until 24 March, according to Shoboi Calendar.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 14:44   Link #13
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Okay. Bunny girls with vegetable weapons, talking babies, secret moon bases shaped like rabbits and baseball bat wielding giant robots ~ it's as ludicrous as it sounds
After reading Eggplant's post and Sonhex's, this is precisely the plot, or the lack of it, that catches ones' fancy. I knew I had to watch it and, am I glad I did! I think I've seen a similar talking baby with a pacifier in Yu Yu Hakusho. That's about all the inside joke I could pick since I didn't watch Densha Otoko. Some of the fanservice is actually clever and yet, it's not duelled upon. It's for the indvidual viewer to decide if that was fanservice or not. Usage of the CG is pretty good which also gives the animation a shiny, glossy feel to it. Some more screencaps in addition to Sonhex's:

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 14:46   Link #14
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
HAHA! priceless description i think ill check this out if my brain lets me >.< but just looking at the screen caps im already getting giggles...carrot themed rocket boosters ROFL XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 15:39   Link #15
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

^ He-he, you'll love it especially if you liked Himawari!!, but don't go expecting silly things like 'plot' and 'characterisation', at least not in the first ep

I agree monir, there's a ton of fanservice but it's largely circumstantial, much like Die Buster (I know this isn't a Gainax show, but it feels like one). People will either latch on to the fanservice or just ignore it. Personally I didn't have a problem with it, probably why I didn't mention it first time, though turnip girl's costume (or lack thereof) is hard to dismiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
...By the way, I'm surprised to see this called an OVA in the thread title, since it has at least 11 episodes and goes weekly from now until 24 March, according to Shoboi Calendar.
True, it's 11 eps. Maybe our new Super Moderator can change the title for us?
Old 2007-01-14, 16:21   Link #16
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
True, it's 11 eps. Maybe our new Super Moderator can change the title for us?
Didn't see Kaoru's post right away. I suppose it was reported as an OVA when KJ made the thread a year ago. Anyway, fixed!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 13:22   Link #17
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
^ He-he, you'll love it especially if you liked Himawari!!, but don't go expecting silly things like 'plot' and 'characterisation', at least not in the first ep
lol and looks like you are right XD...wacky stuff here
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 15:24   Link #18
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

He-he, must be the season for wacky offbeat shows I think. Luckily I found a HD raw for Mina and it looks fantastic at hi-res. Shame no groups seem to have taken an interest in it though

In the absence of any plot to discuss, here' some thoughts on root vegetables...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-18, 22:08   Link #19
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

And even more weirder..

Spoiler:

Loved ep. 1. Hope some group subs it.
Old 2007-01-20, 21:21   Link #20
M L Monster
三尉

still no sign of any subbers