AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-20, 02:57   Link #261
ExXentriK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shironeko8 View Post
i don't know where i should exactly post this, but have you guys seen this yet? some people just get too desperate. XD

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...-with-kirino-2
So what I was fearing about the anime-only fanbase reaction regarding the ending is actually happening...

God I know it is frustrating not having "muh best girl win da oreimo" but going to such an extent on the sole purpose of hating a single fictional character makes me lose faith in humanity. I mean I also have been disapointed by character developments in other anime and I just dealt with it, I didn't start inventing whatever possible reason to disprove a character I didn't like. Eventhough I'm a hardcore Kirino shipper I also appreciated the other characters(except Manami of course) and even if the author had chosen Kuroneko, Ayase or Kanako route I would still have been fine with it and properly enjoyed the ending.

Kirino sure has a strongly expressed tsun side, but boldly ignoring everything else about her and only focusing on "muh best girl" just sounds unfair for a character that has been given such a deep character development throughout the story.

I'm not expecting people who dislike her to change their opinion, but just don't go blaming it on the superficial part of her personality and the events of the ending.
Old 2013-08-20, 03:54   Link #262
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, you can't really take that petition seriously at all because they're petitioning the White House to change a character's role in an already-produced Japanese anime. This clearly won't work... People are only signing it for "shits and giggles", as they say -- no doubt to express their frustration, of course.
Old 2013-08-20, 04:50   Link #263
Dr. Casey

I would pay money for one of Obama's workers to bring that petition to Obama with the airs of presenting some important document, and record his confused reaction with their cell phone.
Old 2013-08-20, 06:31   Link #264
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'd totally accept that!

But... what if Obama takes this petition and makes it the subject of his Thanksgiving speech instead?! His nerd level will breech 9000!!

For Kirino, I must say this season made her so much more likeable. The ending was silly, almost forced. But I'd be lying to never say that I did not at least smile at how everything ended.

Still, there is that one concern. Kannagi was destroyed by a hinted existence of a boyfriend. OreImo will most likely see an inquisition never before seen since the witch hunts.

Winter is coming. But I applaud the author for her/his bravery nonetheless.
Old 2013-08-20, 12:56   Link #265
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I would pay money for one of Obama's workers to bring that petition to Obama with the airs of presenting some important document, and record his confused reaction with their cell phone.
I would pay money for that too!!

If the petition isn't a joke, everyone who signed it....are optimistic fools.
Old 2013-08-20, 17:43   Link #266
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Still, there is that one concern. Kannagi was destroyed by a hinted existence of a boyfriend. OreImo will most likely see an inquisition never before seen since the witch hunts.
Nah, I think you've slightly misinterpreted the reason for the anger (although I'll say right now that I find the whole thing stupid and exaggerated anyway). The issue was the suggestion that Nagi had a boyfriend before the protagonist -- in order words, that she had been "defiled". (Like I said, I think it's stupid and the "outrage" was greatly exaggerated by tabloid blogs.) In this case, the fans will still be mad that their favourite heroine didn't "win", but not for that particular reason. Kirino has been in love with Kyousuke forever.
Old 2013-08-21, 15:37   Link #267
Kakurin
大佐

Although in the context of the story it was important that Kyousuke was the one confessing, I would have loved to see how Kirino would have confessed to her brother.
Old 2013-08-21, 15:43   Link #268
VORTIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Although in the context of the story it was important that Kyousuke was the one confessing, I would have loved to see how Kirino would have confessed to her brother.
I, for one, would likely not have survived the dere levels of such an event. I'm fairly sure that could be classified as Moe of Mass Destruction (MMD)
Old 2013-08-21, 20:56   Link #269
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Lol I'll try to imagine it best I can...

Kiri: A-aniki, iya-Kyousuke....a-atashi....
Kyo: Eh?
Kiri: Anta ga....su............su...........su............su.
Kyo: Su?
Kiri: SU......!
Kyo: Suki ka?
Kiri: NA!? DA-DARE GA!? ANTA NANKA!? WAKENAI JANAI!? KIMOI! BAKA! DAIKIRAI! DAI DAI DAIKIRAI!! MOU SHINE!! T////T
Kyo: ....aa, sou. >_>

................yeah, it'd go like that.
Old 2013-08-22, 07:23   Link #270
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Well, I think it would have been like Ayase's to an extent. Sis-con, hentai, baka-aniki etc.... but with a lot of dere in it?
Old 2014-10-25, 20:48   Link #271
Crimsonbitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExXentriK View Post
So what I was fearing about the anime-only fanbase reaction regarding the ending is actually happening...

God I know it is frustrating not having "muh best girl win da oreimo" but going to such an extent on the sole purpose of hating a single fictional character makes me lose faith in humanity. I mean I also have been disapointed by character developments in other anime and I just dealt with it, I didn't start inventing whatever possible reason to disprove a character I didn't like. Eventhough I'm a hardcore Kirino shipper I also appreciated the other characters(except Manami of course) and even if the author had chosen Kuroneko, Ayase or Kanako route I would still have been fine with it and properly enjoyed the ending.

Kirino sure has a strongly expressed tsun side, but boldly ignoring everything else about her and only focusing on "muh best girl" just sounds unfair for a character that has been given such a deep character development throughout the story.

I'm not expecting people who dislike her to change their opinion, but just don't go blaming it on the superficial part of her personality and the events of the ending.
But kirino is just pretentious and hypocritical if you look at it from an objective standpoint. Acting differently in school and at home, you arent actually able to tell if her good parts are genuine at all. Thats why haters havent considered them, because they already subconsciously assume all her good points to be an act only. You cant blame them for that as kirino's nature makes everything she does questionable
Closed Thread

Tags
characters