AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-12-28, 19:13   Link #2921
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That's because what's going on while those "filler arcs" are running are an entirely different plot than the "Yuji-centered plot" being focused on in the story.

Even minimal knowledge about the light novels is enough to assume that they are avoiding plots where the setting is elsewhere.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 21:07   Link #2922
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Misaki city is the setting in the anime. What is the setting in the light novels? The anime makes it seem that it's all about how Misaki city will survive.
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 21:26   Link #2923
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
Misaki city is the setting in the anime. What is the setting in the light novels?
its...Misaki City...
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 21:31   Link #2924
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Misaki City is just one of the various settings of the Light Novels. There's Hongkong [Destruction of the Tendoukyuu and Shana's ascension as a Flame Haze], New York [Death of Yuri Chvojka], Germany [The Great War], the Middle East, etc.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 22:03   Link #2925
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Yeah, in the novels, there is a variety of settings somewhat like To Aru. Its not just Misaki City in the novels, but of course thats where the majority of things will occur at.
Old 2011-01-01, 00:08   Link #2926
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
I figured there would be more places being set in. I mean, in the Anime we see Margery's past in New York otherwise that's the only other place other than Misaki City that Shakugan no Shana is set in. Correct me if I am wrong.
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 03:08   Link #2927
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
I figured there would be more places being set in. I mean, in the Anime we see Margery's past in New York otherwise that's the only other place other than Misaki City that Shakugan no Shana is set in. Correct me if I am wrong.
Well of course, if Season III's adaptation stays true to the light novels, we are bound to see other places eventually.
Old 2011-01-04, 07:07   Link #2928
Senshigeia

I think Tendoukyuu wasn't in Misaki city, I always thought it was in hongkong. The dress Whilemina gives Shana isn't japanese like, it's more chinese, so even in the anime there's more than one place.
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 07:28   Link #2929
elleinad00

hello.... ^-^
Quote:
Shana isn't japanese like, it's more chinese
oh my.......
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 16:31   Link #2930
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The dress she was wearing, and the style of her hair back then were mostly Chinese originated wernt they?
Old 2011-01-04, 23:05   Link #2931
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Hey guys, I was looking for the either the novels or the manga to read because I already ended the both seasons, ovas, the first volume of the Light Novel and even the parodies :P
I found this site and seems to be pretty organized, and i know that it's kinda annoying but can you link me to some material? It's pretty hard to get some on english...

I'm stuck on the chapter 23 of the manga and on the vol II of the Light Novel... Help! D:

And other thing, anyone of you know japanese to know what it's writen on the webpage? ( shakugan.com ) seems to be release dates to me.

If anybody can help me out I'd be extremelly grateful

P.S: Sorry for my bad english D:

Last edited by SkyFlames; 2011-01-04 at 23:17.
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 16:52   Link #2932
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Hey guys, I was looking for the either the novels or the manga to read because I already ended the both seasons, ovas, the first volume of the Light Novel and even the parodies :P
I found this site and seems to be pretty organized, and i know that it's kinda annoying but can you link me to some material? It's pretty hard to get some on english...

I'm stuck on the chapter 23 of the manga and on the vol II of the Light Novel... Help! D:

And other thing, anyone of you know japanese to know what it's writen on the webpage? ( shakugan.com ) seems to be release dates to me.

If anybody can help me out I'd be extremelly grateful

P.S: Sorry for my bad english D:
From the site it merely talks about the broadcast that happened in October, they are also planning on showing the OVA episode/s on January 9th 2011, or thats how I see it.

Have you watched the Anime? It covers a good amount of Light Novel material till they eventually go into the Anime Original endings, and I think there was alot of Anime Original materials in the Second Season because they wanted to center the show on Yuji, where the Light Novel was probably centered around something else. But yeah, if you watched the Anime and the OVA episodes then you are probably ready to start off with Light Novel 16, thats where I left off after I finally got things settled in.

So far the Light Novel is just getting to 21 or thats how I see it from the (RAW) site that I go to download the latest novels. But I basically read them during their (RAW) state so I don't have an English Translated scan of them for you sorry the problem with that is because of the fact that ViZ is dragging on about releasing anymore Shakugan no Shana novels ever since they relieved the translation from Baka-Tsuki who was doing a whole lot better job then Viz.. But Viz had to go and take back their license of translating the Light Novels and were stuck here suffering from it.
Old 2011-01-05, 18:31   Link #2933
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Sorry for the double posting. I got the text version of the Light Novels ( thanks Hooves ) but when I'm gonna open them it seems in this way: http://img375.imageshack.us/i/sinttuloyi.png/ Any idea of why?
Old 2011-01-05, 18:38   Link #2934
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Sorry for the double posting. I got the text version of the Light Novels ( thanks Hooves ) but when I'm gonna open them it seems in this way: http://img375.imageshack.us/i/sinttuloyi.png/ Any idea of why?
It strictly consists of words, there are no pictures sadly from where I get my RAW version of Light Novels, I forgot to tell you this, and I'm sincerely sorry I just realized this while finalizing my new introduction message, then rushed over here to apologize. It seems you'll have to hear someone else out on where to get RAW version of Novels, mine only consists of words.
Old 2011-01-05, 19:45   Link #2935
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

You don't have to apologize for nothing But which it is weird to me is that the "text version" shows in this way, it's like if my PC could not reconoze the language (japanese), anyone know about a pluggin for this?
Old 2011-01-05, 19:56   Link #2936
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
You don't have to apologize for nothing But which it is weird to me is that the "text version" shows in this way, it's like if my PC could not reconoze the language (japanese), anyone know about a pluggin for this?
That is true, the letters don't look like Japanese at all, but not sure what to do in a situation where a computer doesn't recognize Japanese. So we will just have to wait till someone comes by or maybe with a new source that might work for you.
Old 2011-01-05, 20:08   Link #2937
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Mmm gonna look for the solution, I just download it because with my luck by the time i find the solution the link will be dead xD
Old 2011-01-06, 15:16   Link #2938
TheanimefreakRO

Location: Most people tell me that im living on another planet XD
sorry for bumping in but can someone tell me in a short summary whats happend since the secound season ended ?im romanian and sadly here anime comunities aren't so wast and i cant learn japanese alone ....neither can i get the novels ...
TheanimefreakRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 17:13   Link #2939
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheanimefreakRO View Post
sorry for bumping in but can someone tell me in a short summary whats happend since the secound season ended ?im romanian and sadly here anime comunities aren't so wast and i cant learn japanese alone ....neither can i get the novels ...
Well, season 2 ended after novel 16 so I'll probably start from there.

(Read at your own risk, also this is from what I remember so if anyone else remembers what else happened in the novels please fill in these parts for me)

Spoiler for Long:
Old 2011-01-06, 19:41   Link #2940
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

This maybe not so important but..

Spoiler:

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen