AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-11-01, 09:43   Link #1081
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
It's rather unclear to me how conscious is she. She is evidently conscious enough to tell Killua to make a wish. But it seems her own wishes are entirely driven by her power, so she has no control over it.

And when is she conscious? Her power has only two modes. There doesn't seem to be an idle phase in her life. But she also does not activate her power in front of her family. There are so many questions about her ability. Hopefully Togashi will clear them in coming weeks.
we don't really know if she has a time limit to her request though. She could sort of just go through life without asking for favours. Or wait on her requests till she meets a bad person to kill the person. Although I wonder what happens if her pesterings are spread among 4 pple instead of just 1 person.

btw there was a previous topic about how old Netero was. while not indicative, Mr egghead had previously mentioned sometime in the hunter exams that netero had told him he was already a century old for 20 over years. This likely meant he was at least 120 if not more when he died. In fact if we factor in how he tends to under-rate stuff, he might be nearer to 200...
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 10:06   Link #1082
marvelB

Okay, so I found a summary that's related to those above spoiler pics:

Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 12:41   Link #1083
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Wow. early spoilers.

Spoiler for 323:
Spoiler for :

I think this is all going towards her trying to find a way to control her powers(of course after they saved Gon and Killua paid that price,we don't want to make things easy,do we ?),possibly joining Gon's and killua's crew.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 14:16   Link #1084
Clarste
Human

I'm thinking the payment will be long term things, that will be paid back over the course of other things happening.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 17:38   Link #1085
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Okay, so I found a summary that's related to those above spoiler pics:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 18:02   Link #1086
christinemarie
Crazy One

Alluka is very sweet and moe as expected (maybe we can see her in Japan Saimoe 2013), and Killua making jokes is quite obvious makes me remember a certain movie that would air next year. I expect an Edward Elric final and not Madoka Kaname final style of payment as its equivalent exchange for Killua's wish to save Gon.

Spoiler:
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 06:13   Link #1087
Triker

I think you all forgot that Alluka is a guy. Hunter X Hunter guide book stated all zoldyck family's children are male.

I don't know why Killua called Alluka "younger sister" tho.

The reason that Alluka looks like a girl could the same reason as Kalluto - their Mother's preference.
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 06:31   Link #1088
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Okay, through this chapter it seems we learned a bit more about Alluka. It seems he is indeed a boy and Killua just likes to call him his sister. Second it seems the pesterings doesn't actually have to be fulfilled, Alluka just needs to think it happened.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 07:11   Link #1089
t3ck
Anime Freak

Quote:
Since the requests are based on the last wish the current requests should be based on a wish for a high end pc system. The person after Killua would have to deal with the cost of healing Gon unless the last chapter was mistranslated.
Thats what i thought too. So why is Killua at risk of 'messing up' if the pester are suppose to be small in contrast to the wish his brother made for a high end PC?

This is more mind f**king than whether alluca is male or female lol.
Old 2011-11-02, 07:27   Link #1090
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Alluka's a boy after all? Well, whatever. He's still cute anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Okay, through this chapter it seems we learned a bit more about Alluka. It seems he is indeed a boy and Killua just likes to call him his sister. Second it seems the pesterings doesn't actually have to be fulfilled, Alluka just needs to think it happened.
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure about that. The "die for me" request might just be a game they used to play when they were kids, therefore he didn't expect Killua to truly die. He even asked him to wake up afterwards. Furthermore, the other two pesterings were very trivial (wake up and play shiratori) so it doesn't really make sense for the first one to be so "deadly".

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ck View Post
Thats what i thought too. So why is Killua at risk of 'messing up' if the pester are suppose to be small in contrast to the wish his brother made for a high end PC?

This is more mind f**king than whether alluca is male or female lol.
Have you read the chapter? It's all explained in there.

Killua's already fulfilled Alluka's pesterings since her eyes turned black at the end of the chapter. He can now make his wish and get the hell out... but that's not when he intends to do. The problem as Illumi explained is that Killua will most likely refuse to let someone else pay the price for his wish, so he will try to shoulder the pesterings himself. If he fails... every character in the series that has ever met him will die, if Illumi's estimated number of victims is correct

I loved the dialogue between Hisoka and Illumi. Illumi's indeed quite a piece of work himself
Old 2011-11-02, 08:12   Link #1091
Key Board
Carbon

so not only Alluka's gender is variable, we also don't know where s/he came from

wtf?

so Alluka was adopted? what/which Alluka did Illumi refer to when he said "we just don't know where he came from"
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 08:32   Link #1092
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Ok so from what i get here

If someone refuses Alluka's pestering 4 times
Spoiler for Consenquences:

So in the case of Killua, based on what Illumi said, if Killua took the burden of the pestering from his wish of having Gon back to normal but failed to do it.
Spoiler for Consenquences:

Correct me if i'm wrong there..

----

Spoiler for Chapter 323:

Looking forward to the next chapter~
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 09:05   Link #1093
ellifeedn
Thinker

I love how the translators had to make a note saying that they weren't intentionally f**king with us when they translated Alluka's gender.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 09:54   Link #1094
kakakka

At the same time, their wordings are confusing, at least to me who just woke up.

From what I understand, Killua will do 2 sets of pestering. The first one to get Gon's wish, and the other to pay for that grand wish.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 10:05   Link #1095
mrShady

I'm getting a headache....

But the way I understand it Killua actually did die (though it also appeared to be faked) but the second request was for him to wake up and the final request was that game. Thus he completed them all. Would it not be possible for Alluka to request something and then negate that same request with the next request.
To explain:
Request 1: Die
Request 2: Wake up
In order for Killua to wake up he needs to be alive, thus the request made by Alluka made him come back to life and negates the 1st request...

Ofcourse he could have faked it, however it didn't look like he activated god speed.

There's also the matter of this being his sibling. Alluka may be compelled to ask something horrible, but because they share a close connection the next request could be beneficial to Killua because Alluka doesn't want to see Killua hurt. This would be possible only for them, because of their love for eachother.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 10:09   Link #1096
marvelB

LOL, so Togashi's basically trolling us by purposely making Alluka's gender ambiguous?! Well whatever, I'll stick to calling her a girl, anyway.

And now I feel more certain than ever that Pariston will find out about Alluka and take advantage of her power. I mean, Killua is amongst those who didn't vote, right? So now we've learned that there's going to be a mandatory meeting between the zodiacs and all of the licensed hunters, which may give the vice-chairman the opportunity to gain info that would be most advantageous for him.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 10:24   Link #1097
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Or maybe some of the family doesnt know that Alluka's true gender, given the fact that most of them is out on assignments for long periods in time (maybe) or maybe Togashi wants us to rack our brain about this. To me, Alluka is a girl.

I have to agreed with marvelB, that Pariston is going to find out about Alluka's powers and try to use it for himself.
Old 2011-11-02, 10:27   Link #1098
mrShady

@marvelB: I doubt that, it's a zoldyck family secret I don't think they are going to spread it around. And it's not like Pariston has anything to say over them or their family. Heck I wouldn't even be suprised if he would avoid them, considering their reputation and strength. Would he even recognize them, they are still a mystery to most people.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 11:14   Link #1099
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
But the way I understand it Killua actually did die (though it also appeared to be faked) but the second request was for him to wake up and the final request was that game. Thus he completed them all. Would it not be possible for Alluka to request something and then negate that same request with the next request.
To explain:
Request 1: Die
Request 2: Wake up
In order for Killua to wake up he needs to be alive, thus the request made by Alluka made him come back to life and negates the 1st request...
He didn't die.

When Alluka pesters for something, she (yea she, no he pls) only says it without any intention at all. She doesn't have any sort of power at all, so her pesters are powerless, just a simple request that brings no harm. All her powers come from her other side, in which will only activate if
- Someone didn't do what she pesters 4 times in a row
- Someone fulfilled her pesters 3 times in a row

I think Killua already anticipates his sister's pestering to ask him to die (absurd request imo in return for granting Milluki's wish for latest and newest computer). Even if she didn't mean it, Killua still had to do it, for the sake of the rule. The implication might be greater for the next pestering if he didn't "die" from his sis's first pestering (like Kasuga's liver --> duodenum --> spine --> brain). At least acting as if he has died is easy, with his Kanmuru, better than if his sis asking for something even worst, like his brain or his spine, in which his Kanmuru will be useless.

The 2nd request that asked Killua to wake up didn't revive him at all. As i said, Alluka's request holds no power, only if the rule is fulfilled then only her power will be activated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Ofcourse he could have faked it, however it didn't look like he activated god speed.

There's also the matter of this being his sibling. Alluka may be compelled to ask something horrible, but because they share a close connection the next request could be beneficial to Killua because Alluka doesn't want to see Killua hurt. This would be possible only for them, because of their love for eachother.
Like what omimon said above, as long as Alluka accepts it, then the pestering can be considered as done. That means, if Killua simply lies down, only acting like being shot when Alluka bangs him with her finger gun, i doubt Alluka will accept it as "die". Killua had to make it so real in order to give the impression to his sis that he has indeed died. And this is where the danger lies, because his sister doesn't really care what will happen to Killua, coz she only treats it as a part of a play. She doesn't know that her impression towards Killua determines Killua's fate. Its just either she is emotionless, or because of the effect of the ability that resets her emotion back to zero, as if nothing happens.

I doubt emotion plays any help to Killua. Her sister looks fine even after being confined inside the prison for years, not showing any sad feeling at all. To her, she just treats everything as a fun play, without knowing the implication behind it. Asking Killua to die is bad enough imo, okay let just say she probably anticipated that Killua could do such feat without any problem. But then that would just mean she will keep in believing that Killua is able to do just about anything, no matter how horrible it is.

The key in solving the pestering rule lies on how closest Killua can probably deceive his sister into believing that he can actually do whatever she requests for. Hiding his head inside the shirt at superhuman reaction speed is one of his feat, thanks to his Nen. But then there are even horrible ways of dying, that even his Kanmuru wouldn't be able to help. If worst comes, the last thing he could probably do would be
Spoiler for lol:
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 11:15   Link #1100
noktown

From what i noticed there is no time limit on the pesterings,so could Killua just ask to cure Gon,she'd ask him to bring a star from the sky(example),so he can tell her he'll complete it later,but later can be forever.... ?
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain