AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-04-10, 20:59   Link #641
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I never thought of that.... I suppose it's possible. I would expect a scare like that, but I doubt it'll actually be the case.
With her talking about her ugly locked avatar and avatars being a reflective of their wishes? Something is up with her. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could toss her.
Of course she is planning something, and if it is something nefarious, the pig really only has one logical response.

Screw the good guys, the dark side has Kuroyuki-hime.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 22:31   Link #642
Sixth
Hu Tao

Accel World hentai will be full of rage inducing.

A pig (which it a main character) soiling 2 beauty at the same time, while the good-looking side-kick crying at behind for being powerless.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 23:01   Link #643
com_gwp

Are we past the issue of the MC's physical proportions and finally moving onto the actual discussion of the show?

*Looks at previous page*

Guess not. Someone give me a ring when ya'll adjusted.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 01:08   Link #644
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
You totally should elaborate.
The painful exposition, the fact that most of the characters are blasé, the repeated angst, and a few things I didn't like about the series when I read the manga.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 01:48   Link #645
GundamZZ
残念美人

"The painful exposition" sounds like another generic complaint from Sword Art Online fans. They believe that series should be animated first. Though, it's fine to be critical. For instance, I don't like some popular shows on Animeuski forum, but I still "give those shows chance" to show what they got. hehe Time will tell.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 02:11   Link #646
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Really love how people are jumping at the "Kuroyukihime's secretly evil cause no cute, popular girl would get involved with fatty" call.

Quite hilarious really. Yes...*sits tea and adjusts tophat*
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 02:33   Link #647
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Really love how people are jumping at the "Kuroyukihime's secretly evil cause no cute, popular girl would get involved with fatty" call.

Quite hilarious really. Yes...*sits tea and adjusts tophat*
Why would you assume that she is a good girl? Remember that Fatty has amazing game-sense and reflex? She probably wants that for completing some funky game. I have the feeling that she willing to do anything to gain what she wants, even sacrifice her body and life to gain the fatty's trust.

In fact, I will not be surprised if she goes to the extreme length of staging a car accident and save the Fatty by pushing him away and let the car hit her, just to gain the Fatty's trust. Heck, she may be the one who behinds the bully incident; hiring Araya to bully the Fatty, and pretend as a savior to save the Fatty, so that the Fatty will devotes his life to her for eternity.

Just like Lelouch shielded Rolo from a freaking missile with his mecha.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 02:49   Link #648
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
In fact, I will not be surprised if she goes to the extreme length of staging a car accident and save the Fatty by pushing him away and let the car hit her, just to gain the Fatty's trust.
This...this one...I literally hit my head on the desk twice and double checked if you really wrote this.

But oh well...we'll see later on. I only said that I find it funny how people are instantly assuming she's evil for petty reasons...nothing else. But well, I guess I also have an advantage over the anime watchers.
Old 2012-04-11, 03:14   Link #649
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Why would you assume that she is a good girl? Remember that Fatty has amazing game-sense and reflex? She probably wants that for completing some funky game. I have the feeling that she willing to do anything to gain what she wants, even sacrifice her body and life to gain the fatty's trust.

In fact, I will not be surprised if she goes to the extreme length of staging a car accident and save the Fatty by pushing him away and let the car hit her, just to gain the Fatty's trust. Heck, she may be the one who behinds the bully incident; hiring Araya to bully the Fatty, and pretend as a savior to save the Fatty, so that the Fatty will devotes his life to her for eternity.

Just like Lelouch shielded Rolo from a freaking missile with his mecha.
What?
For the sake of argument, remember that they can Burst Link and give themselves time to think and react, isn't it? And isn't such a thing too dangerous? How will she make sure she doesn't die instead? I don't think you need to go that far to gain someone's trust. And while I can't remember the scene with Lelouch, being in a mecha was probably different. And his goal was of a greater scale that it would make sense to put his life on the line.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 03:14   Link #650
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Its more being consistent with tbe art style than being consistent with reality. For me an example of a character being short and pudgy but consistent art-wise would be Tsutomu from Chihayafuru. And if Taichi wasn't such a great character, I wouldn't mind him being the main character along with Kana.

Now can we please stop with the internet psychiatry? Its starting to get ridiculous.
I'm not in disagreement with your larger point, but Tsutomu isn't even really pudgy. He's pretty thin.

The only reason I find this distracting in AW isn't because Haru is fat, it's because he's deformed and the rest of the cast is normal. It’s 's like if Eric Cartman were a character here. It's not a big deal but I'm not crazy about that as a creative choice.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 03:33   Link #651
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I actually do agree with people complaining about Haru being defromed rather than him being fat. It is indeed true that he does no match the same style as other characters in the series. Hight aside, the main problem would be his head, rather it's size.

Here's a picture of Haru with other characters:
Spoiler for pic:

My God! His head is huge! His proportions, from his head to his eyes and even his arms are all over the place.

Now here's an example of a short and fat main character done right:

Spoiler for A-kun:

Although he's still chubby and short, he is also proportional. If Haru was a bit like this character we wouldn't see half the complaints that we have so far.

But well...you kinda get used to it after a while. Also don't forget that his Silver Crow actually looks cool ^^
Old 2012-04-11, 03:45   Link #652
Flere821
Lurker

I think the Haru in the LNs is about 1.5x higher than the Haru in the anime... he's a bit too disproportional here I think, too 'circle'. I normally put the stuff from the LNs in a spoiler, but I think this tidbit doesn't need to be in one...

The anime seems to be good thus far, at least the graphics and sound is very good. The credits about the game avatars of the other players is pretty good too. Can't wait for some of those to actually show up, not just Black Lotus
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 04:13   Link #653
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm not in disagreement with your larger point, but Tsutomu isn't even really pudgy. He's pretty thin.

The only reason I find this distracting in AW isn't because Haru is fat, it's because he's deformed and the rest of the cast is normal. It’s 's like if Eric Cartman were a character here. It's not a big deal but I'm not crazy about that as a creative choice.
To turn the chessboard around....what if everyone else was drawn in the same style as Haru?
Old 2012-04-11, 04:18   Link #654
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I actually do agree with people complaining about Haru being defromed rather than him being fat. It is indeed true that he does no match the same style as other characters in the series. Hight aside, the main problem would be his head, rather it's size.

Spoiler for pic:

My God! His head is huge! His proportions, from his head to his eyes and even his arms are all over the place.

Now here's an example of a short and fat main character done right:

Spoiler for A-kun:

Although he's still chubby and short, he is also proportional. If Haru was a bit like this character we wouldn't see half the complaints that we have so far.

But well...you kinda get used to it after a while. Also don't forget that his Silver Crow actually looks cool ^^
But Silver Crow is an avatar. The real world persona is what people are having a problem with. The guy is superdeformed. Even the picture of an obese male also is slightly deformed as he was too short. Giving the obese male a short stature to add onto weight issue to increase the inferiority complex.

This is giving him a triple handicap so that the viewers can think "Oh, isn't he cool!" in his avatar form. Technically, his starting place is lower than Shu from Guilty Crown.
Old 2012-04-11, 07:14   Link #655
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

I guess Fatman's never heard of the saying "never trust a beautiful women, especially one that's interested in you" because you never know what they're after.
Old 2012-04-11, 12:51   Link #656
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:

Spoiler for pic:

I actually disagree. Based on that picture he seems to fit in with the others pretty well from what I can see. Yeah in some scenes he seems too short but I think that that is more to do with the 'camera angle' than any fault of the artstyle.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:55   Link #657
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
To turn the chessboard around....what if everyone else was drawn in the same style as Haru?
Then this would be such a fugly series I'm not sure I could watch it!
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:57   Link #658
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Then we would have a gag series on our hands.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 15:09   Link #659
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Huh, I had to actually look back but yeah, he's actually pretty thin. Weird, I always thought him pudgy until now. Must've been that nose of his...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 18:42   Link #660
00Coyote

Quote:
If that happened, everyone would be complaining that the show was ripping off South Park.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen