Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-23, 07:43   Link #30181
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Allow me to tell you something that may bring you joy in a certain way : it's not special of US.

Now the sad part of this : Most countries have the same problem.

I remember back in highschool, oh good times, when we were introduced to darwinism, some girls decided to do a revolution in class because the theory went against their .. hmm religious beliefs.

So well, you shouldn't belittle your own country that much, I will gladly admit a good amount of the average citizen are dumb as my little finger whether it's scientifically (but that's normal, you can't be half-assed in science, either you are a scientist or you aren't it's a way of thinking that takes years to enter in the head) or politically, but that's only a minority.
My own country? Oh, yeah, I forgot I deleted prior posts... I am Australian. Sorry, this isn't about an angry American, but an angry American ally.
Old 2013-08-23, 09:28   Link #30182
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
i mention this last year and the year before. There are too many lawyers in office, more scientist and engineers need to run for office.
Old 2013-08-23, 10:04   Link #30183
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i mention this last year and the year before. There are too many lawyers in office, more scientist and engineers need to run for office.
We just need them in the proper places, and thus, getting rid of political obstacles in the way beforehand.
Old 2013-08-23, 10:48   Link #30184
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
We just need them in the proper places, and thus, getting rid of political obstacles in the way beforehand.
teachers also need to start thinking about running for office as well. Otherwise only Education Experts not Teachers would have a say in how schools are run and what would be taught in classrooms.
Old 2013-08-23, 10:54   Link #30185
Ridwan

I'd rather veteran teachers turned education experts be recruited into education ministry. You can be an aeronautic professor or biology expert, but that doesn't mean you can operate agriculture and finance.
Old 2013-08-23, 11:53   Link #30186
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I'd rather veteran teachers turned education experts be recruited into education ministry. You can be an aeronautic professor or biology expert, but that doesn't mean you can operate agriculture and finance.
that is not going to happen as long as there are no teachers in the upper levels of government.
Old 2013-08-23, 11:58   Link #30187
Ridwan

Well it's basically connection.
Old 2013-08-23, 12:48   Link #30188
kyp275
Meh

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3803856

I guess these day the cool thing to do for teenagers is to go out and kill random people.

Sigh... to survive Okinawa yet ended up going out like this in the end... it's just sad.
Old 2013-08-23, 14:57   Link #30189
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) has tested a new wireless network that would allow customers to connect its devices to the Internet, according to people with knowledge of the matter.
The wireless network, which was tested in Cupertino, California, used spectrum controlled by satellite communications company Globalstar Inc. (GSAT), said the people who asked not to be identified because the test was private.
The trial underlines how Amazon, the world’s largest e-commerce company, is moving beyond being a Web destination and hardware maker and digging deeper into the underlying technology for how people connect to the Internet. That would let Amazon create a more comprehensive user experience, encompassing how consumers get online, what device they use to connect to the Web and what they do on the Internet.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...s-network.html

i would love to see more competition to ATT, Verizon and sprint.
Old 2013-08-23, 15:00   Link #30190
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

U.S. soldier who killed Afghan villagers gets life without parole
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...97L0YV20130823

Gang rape of photo journalist shocks Indian financial city Mumbai
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...97M05Q20130823
Old 2013-08-23, 17:06   Link #30191
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
When everyone twists morals/ethics to make it seem they're in the right (not necessarily people in this forum), I don't think I should be wasting time teaching people. The hypocrites have already corrupted too many, with TinyRedLeaf's linked article above being a prime example.
Then what's the point of participating in these discussions? I'm not saying that in an effort to silence you, by the way. I think you have some interesting views, and I'd be interested to hear the reasoning and information behind it. Yet with many of your posts you type the opinion and that's it.

You write well, so I make the assumption that you have something good behind those opinions. Even if you won't convince the people you're replying to, remember that these are public forums. Those of us who occasionally read from the sidelines are interested in both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
... I see your point. But things will never be the same again. Every year, I see new reason to look at the United States in a worse light. And I didn't even think it was at all possible to go down the scale, but I manage to every year.
As Zakoo said, this isn't limited to the United States. The US just has much of the spotlight at the moment. There will eventually be some pushback and things will get better.

Quote:
I don't know that the professional training is what's to blame. After all, we have a physician congressman who in late 2012 claimed that evolution and embryology, among other things, are "lies straight from the pit of hell." It would certainly be nice if our government was a bit more representative of the population, though. I don't like that we have "career politicians."

There's no easy fix to the problem, though. The politicians don't make it a priority, but the population doesn't make it a priority, either. Since it isn't a priority for the population, why should it be a priority for the politicians? How would you make it a priority for the population?
Old 2013-08-23, 17:18   Link #30192
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Then what's the point of participating in these discussions? I'm not saying that in an effort to silence you, by the way. I think you have some interesting views, and I'd be interested to hear the reasoning and information behind it. Yet with many of your posts you type the opinion and that's it.

You write well, so I make the assumption that you have something good behind those opinions. Even if you won't convince the people you're replying to, remember that these are public forums. Those of us who occasionally read from the sidelines are interested in both sides.
Half of it is fatigue, half of it is not starting another fire which might mean being eternally banned from AS. We'll have to take discussions to PMs.
Old 2013-08-23, 17:46   Link #30193
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Quote:
Half of it is fatigue, half of it is not starting another fire which might mean being eternally banned from AS. We'll have to take discussions to PMs.
Her well-written opinions are pretty much the only reason I look at this topic. She always says such very compelling things.

Maybe it's just because I don't like to discuss and argue topics like these, but I actually enjoy the vagueness from the lack of explanations when she says such things.
Old 2013-08-23, 21:01   Link #30194
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
That's it? I thought the guy would get shot to death for what he did there.

Quote:
Those guys should be getting their balls cut off and get hung dry into the sun for the crows to feed on their carcasses. That's only my opinion, but they should get at least 15-20 years on a practical standpoint if a message has to be passed on.

What's even more frustrating here is how they say they've got harder laws in India, this or that. Yet, they have to give the verdict for the first of the five SOBs involved in the bus gang rape from last year.
Old 2013-08-23, 21:15   Link #30195
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post

Face palmed. I don't know what to say, the thing is that man should be punished from running rampage on afghan people. I don't think death sentence is good, I guess he should rot not in an american prison, but afghan prison instead. Though impossible, that's just my imagination. I think it's worst for him to serve in a foreign prison, haha. Just don't kill him by the way.
Old 2013-08-23, 21:17   Link #30196
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
That's it? I thought the guy would get shot to death for what he did there.
You could try reading the article.
Old 2013-08-23, 22:05   Link #30197
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
You could try reading the article.
I say that's poor reasoning to grant that bastard anything just because he pleaded guilty. What he did was inexcusable by any means and they missed a blatant opportunity to make an example out of him. There are times when US servicemen should be subject to death penalty and he's one case deserving it.

Spending life sentence at Fort Levenworth is not enough of a punishment for what he did. He should be begging God for forgiveness on his soul.
Old 2013-08-23, 22:09   Link #30198
JokerD

Quote:
Doesn't really work. Science as it is right now is begotten to financial interests as well for research money. This also leaves the possibility of pseudo science contaminating the pool.
Old 2013-08-23, 22:11   Link #30199
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I say that's poor reasoning to grant that bastard anything just because he pleaded guilty. What he did was inexcusable by any means and they missed a blatant opportunity to make an example out of him. There are times when US servicemen should be subject to death penalty and he's one case deserving it.

Spending life sentence at Fort Levenworth is not enough of a punishment for what he did. He should be begging God for forgiveness on his soul.
Yes, you haven't read the article properly. Try the last half.
Old 2013-08-23, 22:32   Link #30200
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Doesn't really work. Science as it is right now is begotten to financial interests as well for research money. This also leaves the possibility of pseudo science contaminating the pool.
That's what political obstacle is. Like it or not, stuff like this is going to be subject under the prevailing interests up there. And since science devotees who are not politically inept are as common existence as rainbow unicorns, they better need powerful friends.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international