Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-10-18, 08:53   Link #241
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
That's just a lulz point that I refused to change. I was checking out SS/SA rank equivs the other day.

Mainly that's because I like "Oberscharführer" better than "Feldwebel", but didn't want to change Kate's rank (just for Sudeten's sake, they have my respect for something else).
SS Ranks were not even liked by Wehrmacht. For example the rank of Sturmbannführer was often called "Strumpfbandführer" (Garter Leader)
I personaly like Feldwebel better because of it's roots in medival times.
Oh well if you like it just go ahead.

With them being ground forces, you cold make them officially Waffen-SS. Seeing the 'Germans' as part of the good guys and without a Nazi background it's even possible.

Quote:
So there, and I don't care what Adolf's surname is by SW 194-something anyway.

...Me and my self created dilemmas and historical anachronisms...

How did we get to Hitler?
Ah well. I think the guy died when the Neuroi captured Berlin... or he sits somewere in Neu Karlsland... If he even exsited in the first place.
Heck... Maybe Karlsland still has a Emperor or is the "Republic of Karlsland".
Not that anyone would care much about politics in SW anyway.
Old 2008-10-18, 09:08   Link #242
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
SS Ranks were not even liked by Wehrmacht. For example the rank of Sturmbannführer was often called "Strumpfbandführer" (Garter Leader)
I personaly like Feldwebel better because of it's roots in medival times.
Oh well if you like it just go ahead.

With them being ground forces, you cold make them officially Waffen-SS. Seeing the 'Germans' as part of the good guys and without a Nazi background it's even possible.
Nothing serious, it's just me and my thing for IRL historical-adherence rather than SW...consider it a distorted form (and definition) of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I'll give it a bit of thought though. Who knows, my mind may yet change...

Quote:
Ah well. I think the guy died when the Neuroi captured Berlin... or he sits somewere in Neu Karlsland... If he even exsited in the first place.
Errr, I digressed. That's how we got there.

And you never know. Crack value will be Crack value...
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 09:48   Link #243
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Still fucking busy, so no backlog breaker just yet, but it appears that the Neuroi was metaphorically placed as "the epitomy of evil in the world, and the source of conflict."

What better than to metaphorically combine every despot of WW2, maybe more, into one ultimate Neuroid villain? And if one assumes that Neuroi were once a magical weapon of war turned loose, this can work. But it needs balls of steel and brains of Khrack.
Old 2008-10-18, 09:56   Link #244
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Karlsland does indeed still have an Emperor, Frederick IV, and an imperial council. Churchill is still in charge in Britannia in the side novel. I don't recall any other big names being mentioned though.

I have to agree on your last line though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Still fucking busy, so no backlog breaker just yet, but it appears that the Neuroi was metaphorically placed as "the epitomy of evil in the world, and the source of conflict."

What better than to metaphorically combine every despot of WW2, maybe more, into one ultimate Neuroid villain? And if one assumes that Neuroi were once a magical weapon of war turned loose, this can work. But it needs balls of steel and brains of Khrack.
Old 2008-10-18, 10:10   Link #245
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

Well whoever this ultimate neuroi is, you can be sure Xiang Ren will be serving it under her free will.

This thread is getting interesting, I am actually learning something.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 12:24   Link #246
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:

First, it's "epitome". Agreed that their role seems to be metaphorical, though.

Secondly, if you were to combine every despot of WW2 into a Neuroi...I think you'd just get something that's not physically very dangerous, and in fact quite easy to shoot down.

You have to realize that their power was mainly gained through the barrel of a gun and a quickdraw mouth rather than natural danmaku ability, so yeah, their political whatever =/= beamspam power (or whatever we're having the Neuroi shoot anyway.)

Anyway, lastly, you've got the formula the wrong way around, Kha: you need brains of steel and balls of Khrack instead. That way, you make no sense, but produce enough Testarossa-rosterone to basically get everyone lol-ing like lols are free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Well whoever this ultimate neuroi is, you can be sure Xiang Ren will be serving it under her free will.

This thread is getting interesting, I am actually learning something.
And you can be sure that there'll always be Witches around to show those Neuroi the finger, and the door

They'll provide the boot to kick them out of it, too, as a part of the package deal.

Anyway, when you get more people in, you'll start learning all kinds of things. Right now we've got quite a few who already have what I term the "Cadia Experience", aka rather rigorous levels of fanfic/character making...so yeah, you're bound to get quite a bit out of us, and from us if necessary.

As for me, I'll just continue chugging out yet another rocket-spam of SW fan material, as I have always been doing.

Old 2008-10-18, 16:26   Link #247
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
First, it's "epitome". Agreed that their role seems to be metaphorical, though.

Secondly, if you were to combine every despot of WW2 into a Neuroi...I think you'd just get something that's not physically very dangerous, and in fact quite easy to shoot down.

You have to realize that their power was mainly gained through the barrel of a gun and a quickdraw mouth rather than natural danmaku ability, so yeah, their political whatever =/= beamspam power (or whatever we're having the Neuroi shoot anyway.)

Anyway, lastly, you've got the formula the wrong way around, Kha: you need brains of steel and balls of Khrack instead. That way, you make no sense, but produce enough Testarossa-rosterone to basically get everyone lol-ing like lols are free.

And you can be sure that there'll always be Witches around to show those Neuroi the finger, and the door

They'll provide the boot to kick them out of it, too, as a part of the package deal.

Anyway, when you get more people in, you'll start learning all kinds of things. Right now we've got quite a few who already have what I term the "Cadia Experience", aka rather rigorous levels of fanfic/character making...so yeah, you're bound to get quite a bit out of us, and from us if necessary.

As for me, I'll just continue chugging out yet another rocket-spam of SW fan material, as I have always been doing.

I don't mind Xiang and neurois losing fights as long as the witches are not over-powered.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 20:12   Link #248
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I said metaphorically, like how the ultimate villain of Vandread (GONZO's last great piece of work before SW) was metaphorically a Nazi.

Not a total combi otherwise... what does Neuroi gotta do with politics?! It doesn't work in that sense.

And so for this metaphor... I'm still thinking about it.
Old 2008-10-18, 23:02   Link #249
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

They are supposed to be "History Books Bad Guy" in the storyline.
Old 2008-10-19, 07:40   Link #250
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

What? The next finished character is not Rin?
Well...yeah.

Spoiler for Karlsländer Strike Witch:

Last edited by Kyral; 2008-11-01 at 08:12.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 08:22   Link #251
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
On that note…
Spoiler for Clare “Lingo” Caldwell:
Ok, that was random. As I'm so productive at my studies, I've been skimming through the thread from time to time, as this seems to be the second coming of OC, spearheaded by no less than our glorious leaders, when I come across Tk porting us into the universe.

Can't say that I'm to annoyed at that though, not too bad a character background and such.

Tk, could I get a pm from you every now and then with links to anything that my alter ego is involved with. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. Who knows, if I get enough of a feel of the universe, you may just hook me in as well.

-Liingo

Edit: Thankfully, as this place is no where near the size of HQ, it wasn't too bad to read through the rest of the thread. Thus PM's for new content. Thanks.

Last edited by Liingo; 2008-10-19 at 09:13.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 11:13   Link #252
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Much updated version of Michael's profile, at least for now.

Spoiler for 2nd Lt. Michael “Runner” Green:

Spoiler for The ride, potential 56k warning after clicking thumbnail:

Spoiler for Author's notes:

Last edited by kct; 2008-10-19 at 11:25.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 11:29   Link #253
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Ok, that was random. As I'm so productive at my studies, I've been skimming through the thread from time to time, as this seems to be the second coming of OC, spearheaded by no less than our glorious leaders, when I come across Tk porting us into the universe.

Can't say that I'm to annoyed at that though, not too bad a character background and such.

Tk, could I get a pm from you every now and then with links to anything that my alter ego is involved with. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. Who knows, if I get enough of a feel of the universe, you may just hook me in as well.

-Liingo

Edit: Thankfully, as this place is no where near the size of HQ, it wasn't too bad to read through the rest of the thread. Thus PM's for new content. Thanks.
I’d have asked, but you weren’t really around when I started it and you don’t come on IRC so… Honestly I was kinda looking for someone neutral and not overly crazy to put in charge and I found when I started considering posters in the OC that was a disturbingly short list. You always struck me as a pretty level headed, but not boring guy and I wanted to base the leader on a famous Australian ace so…

But yeah that would be no problem, but now I need to go back to cramming for my test this Tuesday...

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 05:16   Link #254
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I’d have asked, but you weren’t really around when I started it and you don’t come on IRC so… Honestly I was kinda looking for someone neutral and not overly crazy to put in charge and I found when I started considering posters in the OC that was a disturbingly short list. You always struck me as a pretty level headed, but not boring guy and I wanted to base the leader on a famous Australian ace so…

But yeah that would be no problem, but now I need to go back to cramming for my test this Tuesday...
Pfft, weak. I had a test today. Yep great study habits that I posess

Yeah, the combination of neutral and not crazy isn't exactly how you would describe most of the OC posters. It's an honour to be used in this way

On a side note:

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
You could have informed me about this development!
Old 2008-10-20, 06:16   Link #255
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Still no time for backlog breakers, but I have to reply to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
You could have informed me about this development!
...I was watching Strike Witches in the clubroom, enduring Focused Fire from Zing, Jos, Win and Sally, and then some, and I even said I was doing it for the SWOC thread... I swear you were there too, so how in the world did you miss it?

Anyway, SW is still on the club com. Feel free to watch it; I need someone to share the pain.
Old 2008-10-20, 06:36   Link #256
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What's this? I go out for three days dressing up as as skeletons, zombies, wraiths and rats and going out into the forest to scare the crap out of players and kill them and there isn't even a full page of backlog when I get back?

A tad disappointing, really.

Quote:
It seems that after the longest time, I've finally gotten something related to StrikeOC done up.

NOTE ON INDEX POST: Yes, this is a link to my official index post, and in all likelihood it'll just keep expanding and expanding till it ends up covering my entire cast. Consider this Version 1.0. (If you could add this link to your overall index, Kha, I would be most grateful)

Road to Afrika: The Independent Witch Brigade

Xena, out.

My first thought when reading this was "Where the hell did Angelique's twin sister come from?"

The second thought was "Dang, now I have to look for a new image to fit Eline..."

That aside, its good to see the Ground Forces getting some love.

Quote:

So far the Neuroi haven't shown a 'face' yet. I'd rather we not dig into a possible leader, especially when we don't even know if Neuroi even have a leader, especially not some evil über Neuroi.

Quote:
What? The next finished character is not Rin?
Well...yeah.

Spoiler for Karlsländer Strike Witch:
With that white hair, the first thing I thought was "Suomus!"

I need to get Eila out of my head. <_<

Quote:
...I was watching Strike Witches in the clubroom, enduring Focused Fire from Zing, Jos, Win and Sally, and then some, and I even said I was doing it for the SWOC thread... I swear you were there too, so how in the world did you miss it?

Anyway, SW is still on the club com. Feel free to watch it; I need someone to share the pain.
Focused Fire? Do explain. :3

Edit: On another note, expect a Rebuilt of Keroko coming up soon, reason being that I never really had taken into the account the possibility of me making twelve OC's, so I felt the need to make her loud and boisterous, instead of the initial anti-social nature I had planned for her. Now that I'm making a full squadron, her personality can be tweaked back to the way I initially thought it out. Also, expect a new design approaching. Or rather, a design I never bothered to use for the Nanohaverse Keroko.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-10-20 at 07:16.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 07:26   Link #257
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
What's this? I go out for three days dressing up as as skeletons, zombies, wraiths and rats and going out into the forest to scare the crap out of players and kill them and there isn't even a full page of backlog when I get back?

You tell me

I go studying for twice that amount of time, and I hardly got twice the amount of backlog...

Quote:
My first thought when reading this was "Where the hell did Angelique's twin sister come from?"

The second thought was "Dang, now I have to look for a new image to fit Eline..."

That aside, its good to see the Ground Forces getting some love.
Damn. Unintentional similarity, Keroko, my bad....and whose image did I steal off you? (I'm almost swearing it's Svetlana but heck.)

Quote:
So far the Neuroi haven't shown a 'face' yet. I'd rather we not dig into a possible leader, especially when we don't even know if Neuroi even have a leader, especially not some evil über Neuroi.
Hive-mind. Take it in what way you will

Quote:

You might have a hope on that one, but with Kct on the IRC using her name all day, not a chance here XD
Old 2008-10-20, 07:42   Link #258
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
You tell me

I go studying for twice that amount of time, and I hardly got twice the amount of backlog...
This place needs more red...

Quote:
Damn. Unintentional similarity, Keroko, my bad....and whose image did I steal off you? (I'm almost swearing it's Svetlana but heck.)
Maria Bellatoni has shown to be uncannily resembling Angelique Luukkanen Suomus Witch and a cute, but bitter pain-in-the-ass.

Eline, who would have resembled Katherine perfectly had I finished her profile, is your claim however. I'm already hunting for new imagery.

Quote:
Hive-mind. Take it in what way you will
*glances in Tk's direction as the word 'Hive Mind' drops*

Agreed, its possible they have a tyranid-level Hive Mind, though I would rather go for Necron-level Hive Mind. Neuroi don't seem to revert back to primitive behavior when separated, and have shown to be perfectly capable of fighting alone without the need of a command unit close by.

Quote:
You might have a hope on that one, but with Kct on the IRC using her name all day, not a chance here XD
I don't know why, but ever since she appeared I can't picture anyone from Suomus without light hair or something. >_<
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 09:17   Link #259
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Karlsland does indeed still have an Emperor, Frederick IV, and an imperial council. Churchill is still in charge in Britannia in the side novel. I don't recall any other big names being mentioned though.

I have to agree on your last line though .
That's a big piece of info!

And it makes sense.
While Karlsland was pretty beaten up by the Neuroi, the Emperor never had to abdicate. Thus Karlsland never became a democracy and Hitler never had the chance of seizing power.
So Karlsland never had a Nazi dictatorship.

Strangely they use 3. Reich terms and designs for thier army branches, but I think that's just for the lulz. (And the japanese fandom of 3. Reich stuff.)

Quote:

Well I was running around eating candy, killing fire and decapitating headless rhyme otakus.

Oh and going angry with server downs and some daily quest bugs.

Quote:

Well I tried a design that matched her family name.
But thanks... now I got the Idea of her having Soumus blood.
Old 2008-10-20, 09:39   Link #260
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Still no time for backlog breakers, but I have to reply to this...

/facepalm.

I was talking about my alter ego in the thread (courtesy of TK), not the existence of the thread itself.

@TK: Your assessment of Kha(The witch) was spot on *thumbs up*

Quote:

Rofl. Reminds me of all the reminscing of the "good old days" of Nanoha OC

Quote:
Focused Fire? Do explain. :3
Me and my other club members weren't too happy with him watching it on the club computer, thus him getting constant flak about it.