AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-13, 09:23   Link #1
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar)

Hello , here we go with Red Dead Redemption .
Well , i dunno if there is some Rockstar games's fan here . Well know for GTA series.
Here is their next project announced months ago but since there were no thread for this game , i made it .
Back to the game :

Summary :

Red Dead Redemption is a Western epic, set at the turn of the 20th century when the lawless and chaotic badlands began to give way to the expanding reach of government and the spread of the Industrial Age. A follow up to the 2004 hit Red Dead Revolver, this game tells the story of former outlaw John Marston, taking players on a great adventure across the American frontier.

Red Dead Redemption features an open-world environment for players to explore, including frontier towns, rolling prairies teaming with wildlife, and perilous mountain passes - each packed with an endless flow of varied distractions. Along the way, players will experience the heat of gunfights and battles, meet a host of unique characters, struggle against the harshness of one of the world’s last remaining wildernesses, and ultimately pick their own precarious path through an epic story about the death of the Wild West and the gunslingers that inhabited it.

Release Date: May 21, 2010
Also on: X360 , PS3 , no PC version confirmed yet .
Genre: Action Adventure
Publisher: Rockstar Games
Developer: Rockstar San Diego

Videos :

Singleplayer :

Multiplayer :

It looks promising . GTA - Western version .
And the multiplayer looks great .
Surroundings are well done .
The map seems very big . Good immersion . I like it .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 20:33   Link #2
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Been watching this very closely indeed.

At first I was kinda dissapointed that it wasnt a direct sequel to red dead revolver but after watching a load of vids and reading a few acticles its really grown on me.

Cant wait to form my own online posse <3

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 23:08   Link #3
kujoe
from head to heel

I didn't get into Red Dead Revolver, but I've been itching for a good game set in the old west ever since Gun.

Are the two games comparable?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 15:22   Link #4
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Dunno , i don't know Red Dead Revolver but Red Dead Redemption looks like a better version of this .

Anyway , this game looks promising . "Hey Cow-Boy"
Old 2010-04-14, 15:34   Link #5
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Being the huge western fan I am it has definetly rubbed me as a game I need to get.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 17:24   Link #6
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Here new trailer which show the Competetive mode in Multiplayer :

Wow , i like the "Standoff" , everyone is ready ? Shoot !!

"As revealed in the Free Roam video, online matches in Red Dead Redemption begin with a Mexcian Stand-off, with the last man standing able to choose a prime tactical position while the rest of the team waits to respawn.

Shootout mode is a free-for-all deathmatch, while Gang Shootout adds posses to the format in a team deathmatch scenario. Hold Your Own is essentially a team-based capture the flag, with the vast distance between bases meaning you'll need horses to cover the ground quickly.

Gold Rush sees bags of gold scattered around the play area and players must collect them and return them to the designated areas. However, gold is heavy and, should you find yourself carrying two of them, your mobility will be severely hampered.

Like Gold Rush, Grab the Bag involves collecting gold and returning it to your base, only it also seems to feature a cannon. Which we're all in favour of.

Also in the video, Rockstar reveals the Dead Eye mechanic also comes into play in the multiplayer game and, although it can't slow down time, it allows you to paint targets on multiple enemies for quick kills. "

Source

"“Free Roam Mode” . . and like it sounds, you can simply chose to wander around getting yourself into trouble, or helping NPC’s out throughout the area.

The very first thing that strikes you is, that there is no Lobby to join up with others which makes the game seem much more user-friendly in many ways. If someone is forming a posse, and you’re on their friends list, you’ll get an invite to join. Accept or decline, it’s up to you."

For more mode explanation :

http://oxcgn.com/2010/04/09/multipla...icial-details/

Looks great and fun ^^