AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-18, 06:22   Link #481
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Oooh, maybe we'll be seeing a US price drop sometime soon then?
Old 2013-02-18, 06:45   Link #482
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Oooh, maybe we'll be seeing a US price drop sometime soon then?
Just wait for the 20th, if there is a world wide price drop or revision of the hardware, it will be announced then.
There are a lot of psv titles being releases in the coming weeks in japan, including PSO2, so the current price-drop is a really good news to get the PSV back on track over there. They probably want to target their most profitable market first, before taking on the rest of the world.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 08:45   Link #483
Velsy

I've been keeping my eye on the vita, but in Australia there is hardly any games for it. Reliable decent games at that. I did plan to get one when it came out, but well glad I havent. Vita just seems like a half finished product from down here (in Australia) :/
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 18:19   Link #484
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Just wait for the 20th, if there is a world wide price drop or revision of the hardware, it will be announced then.
There are a lot of psv titles being releases in the coming weeks in japan, including PSO2, so the current price-drop is a really good news to get the PSV back on track over there. They probably want to target their most profitable market first, before taking on the rest of the world.
I hope so. I'm loving my Vita thanks to the PS+ games they added but I wouldn't mind a couple of extra jRPGs to fuel my never-ending thirst for the genre. Persona 4 is great and all but I already finished that one on the PS2 (and it isn't even out yet here in Europe!)
Old 2013-02-19, 13:28   Link #485
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Hm, I got mine (plus Little Big Planet) for 150 € in a pre-christmas sale, so I already had my own price cut

But I gotta say the biggest problem of the vita is the lack of systemsellers. Needs more content, the hartdware itself is great.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 05:17   Link #486
Sides

I kind of missed the conference. Apart from being able to stream your ps4 games onto it (lol), was anything really announced for the PSV?
Old 2013-02-21, 11:21   Link #487
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
I kind of missed the conference. Apart from being able to stream your ps4 games onto it (lol), was anything really announced for the PSV?
No price cut it seems, which is such a shame... I think they only limited the price cut to Japan since there is a good number of games coming out in the next few months in Japan (Tales of Hearts R, PSO, etc).
Old 2013-02-21, 11:56   Link #488
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I'd assume a wait on price cuts for NA until they can time it with game releases.

Don't know how much I'll use that streaming feature, but will have to try it out. Could be a little fun to move the game over and just continue on the Vita.
Old 2013-02-21, 14:31   Link #489
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
No price cut it seems, which is such a shame... I think they only limited the price cut to Japan since there is a good number of games coming out in the next few months in Japan (Tales of Hearts R, PSO, etc).
Yeah just read that over on siliconera, about no price cut for no japanese nations..
However since the yen is currently low, importing seems to be a good solution, especially for the limited edition models, like the PSO2 one. And considering the PSV is so-what region free, it should be cheaper to get than in the UK or other western nation.
Old 2013-02-21, 14:46   Link #490
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Yeah just read that over on siliconera, about no price cut for no japanese nations..
However since the yen is currently low, importing seems to be a good solution, especially for the limited edition models, like the PSO2 one. And considering the PSV is so-what region free, it should be cheaper to get than in the UK or other western nation.
I got mine in August in 2012, so I'm SOL... but I did preorder some Japanese games that will get released next month since the yen got weaker, particularly Tales of Hearts R and Atelier Meruru Plus. But yes, it seems that there is a lack of variety if one doesn't know Japanese since Japan has most of the game releases at the moment... Plus, there is not many western releases I really want to play since I play mostly Japanese RPGs and such.
Old 2013-02-21, 15:23   Link #491
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I got mine in August in 2012, so I'm SOL... but I did preorder some Japanese games that will get released next month since the yen got weaker, particularly Tales of Hearts R and Atelier Meruru Plus. But yes, it seems that there is a lack of variety if one doesn't know Japanese since Japan has most of the game releases at the moment... Plus, there is not many western releases I really want to play since I play mostly Japanese RPGs and such.
Is it just me or do the Sony Portables seem to attract the japanese game fans? Looking back at the list of PSP games I find an insane amount of great japanese games localized to the west that you would be pressed to find on other consoles. It's cheaper to make a PSP game than a full blown PS3 game, the install base is mostly core gamers (that pirate a lot yes but also buy a lot of what they really like) and, unlike Nintendo, Sony tends to be quite less strict with what allows on it's consoles.
Old 2013-03-09, 18:18   Link #492
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

is it possible to pre-order games from the playstation store?
Old 2013-03-09, 18:37   Link #493
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
is it possible to pre-order games from the playstation store?
I think they're starting to do that for a few games. For example I know you can preorder the next Bioshock right now.
Old 2013-05-10, 04:53   Link #494
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Just a friendly bump here... as apparantly the Vita is supposedly getting an "AMAZING big title" soon...

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/stat...33683267813377

People seem to be speculating that it's Minecraft, I guess cause "Minecraft was released just exactly a year ago on 360 and Mojang had a deal (a 1 year exclusivity deal?) with Microsoft"?
Old 2013-05-10, 07:05   Link #495
lightbringer
M9000

Vita can certainly use a few more amazing titles, even if its lineup is not as bad as people tend to think. I always thought that I'll never get myself a handheld but I finally caved and got a Vita this week, now busy playing Uncharted:GA, AC3:L, P4:G, Gravity Rush, (any of those four could easily be a platform seller for the Vita IMHO) Virtue's Last Reward and a number of PSP titles (Valkyria Chronicles II and Corpse Party in particular ). I curse the price I had to pay for a 32GB card but at least I got some of those games for free courtesy of my PS+ sub.

Ironically enough I started seriously considering getting a handheld after watching Devil Survivor 2 and wanting to play the game it's based on, but after testing the 3DS XL at a store I didn't like the device and especially the 3D effect. I'm sure it appeals to many people though, given its popularity. Vita ended up making more sense for me due to PS+ and the PSP back-catalog.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 09:59   Link #496
Westlo
Lets be reality

Vita year 1 lineup is going to end up better than the Wii U first year line up which is pretty lolz. Inc Nintendo fan complaining about p4g being a port while at the same time hyping up the Wii U port for Zelda ww. Year 2 onwards of course is going to be a different story.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 10:10   Link #497
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Just a friendly bump here... as apparantly the Vita is supposedly getting an "AMAZING big title" soon...

People seem to be speculating that it's Minecraft, I guess cause "Minecraft was released just exactly a year ago on 360 and Mojang had a deal (a 1 year exclusivity deal?) with Microsoft"?
Must be MonHun game, anything else won't make sense, unless it is a big title, but not thaaaat big
Old 2013-05-10, 10:23   Link #498
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Must be MonHun game, anything else won't make sense, unless it is a big title, but not thaaaat big
He's from SCEE, MonHun is only really a factor in Japan.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 10:43   Link #499
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
He's from SCEE, MonHun is only really a factor in Japan.
To be honest I have no clue what the biggest selling PSP games is/was, outside of japan, since the popular ones were pirated heavily. So it could be FIFA, GT, GoW, a new IP or sequel/port of a PS3/2 game.
Come thinking, I reckon marketing/sellling the PSV outside japan is actually really difficult.
Old 2013-05-10, 14:13   Link #500
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post

Well, that's a strong possibility given Sony's indie push. It would be disappointing for me since I'm starting to get a bit tired of "indie games" for the thing instead of more expansive experiences with larger budgets behind them. I'm a big indie game player, don't get me wrong, but I mostly do it on the PC where the developers get a bigger share of what I pay.

But, it it isn't minecraft, I'm betting on either Gran Turismo or a new God of War title.

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv