Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
There has got to be a doujin of this.
That would be hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Man. Hitagi x Araragi pair seems so obvious to me that I wish Tsubasa would just let it go and go on that journey she always speaks about. To find herself or something.
I agree, Koyomi is not good enough for Tsubasa, she deserves a lot better... Hitagi and Nadeko are closer to his caliber.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 19:18   Link #42
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Maybe you would like her to pee too like most cats do
Hopefully this is in the BDs.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 20:53   Link #43
achirist

It's interesting--even though Gaen talks dismissively about the tiger, it's almost like she is the tiger herself. An exaggerated, arrogant and cruel version of Hanekawa. She seems despicable. I wonder that she and Hanekawa won't ultimately face off like Araragi and vampire girl did with that other couple at the end of Nise.
Old 2013-07-28, 21:23   Link #44
king12354

I never really understood it but is there suppose to be a meaning behind all the interesting backgrounds like the stacked ladders/bunch of paper cranes?
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 03:02   Link #45
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
I never really understood it but is there suppose to be a meaning behind all the interesting backgrounds like the stacked ladders/bunch of paper cranes?
Sometimes, and sometimes it's just Shaft making the scenery interesting/lush. I like all the weird structures and stuff all colored nicely, it's fun to look at no?
Old 2013-07-29, 03:13   Link #46
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
is it me...but mamaragi is kinda similar to senjogahara? in manner of speech and look a bit?

Haha me too. Major delighted shock

Anyone can tell me if "Mamaragi" ever met Hitagi?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 03:44   Link #47
Shikijin

I don't actually see any physical similarity between Araragi's mother and Hitagi. In this series, the youthful look is based on big eyes, while the mature look is based on squinty eyes. Hitagi was described as being more mature than her age, so she got squintier eyes than most characters, but still not as squinty as adult characters. Araragi's mother face is simply a collection of adult looking features: thick eyebrows, squinty eyes, big nose, lipstick, earring. And she also got Araragi's family light blue eyes.

Last edited by Shikijin; 2013-07-29 at 06:41.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 07:42   Link #48
Haiprbim
Banned

I thought we would see Araragi in this episode, since many people were talking about it.
Well, it seems I was wrong.

It was a fine episode, and Gaen looks quite hot too, but she was a bit annoying to me, heh.

In any way, any ideas if the next episode is still the Tsubasa Tiger arc, or is it a new one?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 07:45   Link #49
Clarste
Human

The next episode is still Tsubasa Tiger. Why wouldn't it be? Nothing was resolved.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 08:02   Link #50
Haiprbim
Banned

Well, you may never know at Monogatari.
Message was written, although it would be reasonable to have at least one more episode.
Old 2013-07-29, 08:13   Link #51
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Well now, what I took from this episode is that Araragi family may not be done expanding. Here in the following is my humble explanation behind my observation.

As the song says, "Koyomi's mom, she is got it going on!" You may all praise me for making the most valuable contribution to this thread. *takes a bow* Thank you!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 08:18   Link #52
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
I don't actually see any physical similarity between Araragi's mother and Hitagi. In this series, the youthful look is based on big eyes, while the mature look is based on squinty eyes. Hitagi was described as being more mature than her age, so she got squintier eyes than most characters, but still not as squinty as adult characters. Araragi's mother face is simply a collection of adult looking features: thick eyebrows, squinty eyes, big nose, lipstick, earring. And she also got Araragi's family light blue eyes.
I think people are getting the Hitagi vibe based on the manner Mrs. Araragi speaks, her pose, and of course, the Hitagi head tilt that was not mentioned in the LN, but SHAFT put in just for lol. And just wait until you found out what she and hubby does for a living.

One thing, it doesn't appear that she has the Ahoge that all of the Araragi siblings have. So I guess we have Mr. Araragi to thank for that.

Last edited by BigFire; 2013-07-29 at 08:20. Reason: additional detail
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 08:23   Link #53
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
You what... Mamaragi looks a lot more like Yotsugi then Hitagi, but in both cases, I blame the animators, rather than the author...

Back to Tsubasa, it would be really cool if she resolves the situation by herself, and then join Gaen and company to find herself... that would make me feel for once happy for her
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 09:33   Link #54
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFire View Post
One thing, it doesn't appear that she has the Ahoge that all of the Araragi siblings have. So I guess we have Mr. Araragi to thank for that.
She has and it's really big!

Old 2013-07-29, 13:03   Link #55
b10nutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFire View Post
And just wait until you found out what she and hubby does for a living.
Didn't the Fire Sisters mention already that they are police officers in episode 3? Or this is just what their kids know ?
b10nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 13:13   Link #56
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe they're MIB for Kaii instead of aliens. (If so, they're doing a terrible job...)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 13:35   Link #57
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe they're MIB for Kaii instead of aliens. (If so, they're doing a terrible job...)
Araragi-san! There's been a disturbance at your home!

Mamaragi: "... and?"

0.o "Y-your younger daughter was caught up in a blast."

Mamaragi: "...how much of the house was destroyed...?"

"Just the entry way - wait, WHY ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT THE HOUSE!? WHAT ABOUT YOUR OWN DAUGTHER!?"

Mamaragi: "I can't repair my daughter, can I? Besides, she's immortal so she'll be alright."

"...eh!? How do you know this!?"

Mamagari: "A phoenix merged with her while in my womb. It asked for permission for goodness sake. You think that I wouldn't know this?"

"B-but the rest of your family...!"

Mamaragi: *sighs* "My son is part vampire and holds the famous vampire, Kisshot, under his sway, and my eldest daughter was injected with the Super Soldier Serum when she was 2. Trust me, whoever attacks my house will be pulverized. Now. How. Much. Damage?"

**She's crazy!!**

Mamagari: Oh, that reminds me, I need to punish that no good son of mine. Toothbrush, indeed....ufuu~

*** Somewhere else ***

Koyomi: *sneezes four times* "...ugh, something bad is going to happen to me when I get back home..." T^T
Old 2013-07-29, 14:54   Link #58
b10nutz

@Tempest35 that was really fun to read. Thank you!
b10nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 15:03   Link #59
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Araragi-san! There's been a disturbance at your home!

Mamaragi: "... and?"

0.o "Y-your younger daughter was caught up in a blast."

Mamaragi: "...how much of the house was destroyed...?"

"Just the entry way - wait, WHY ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT THE HOUSE!? WHAT ABOUT YOUR OWN DAUGTHER!?"

Mamaragi: "I can't repair my daughter, can I? Besides, she's immortal so she'll be alright."

"...eh!? How do you know this!?"

Mamagari: "A phoenix merged with her while in my womb. It asked for permission for goodness sake. You think that I wouldn't know this?"

"B-but the rest of your family...!"

Mamaragi: *sighs* "My son is part vampire and holds the famous vampire, Kisshot, under his sway, and my eldest daughter was injected with the Super Soldier Serum when she was 2. Trust me, whoever attacks my house will be pulverized. Now. How. Much. Damage?"

**She's crazy!!**

Mamagari: Oh, that reminds me, I need to punish that no good son of mine. Toothbrush, indeed....ufuu~

*** Somewhere else ***

Koyomi: *sneezes four times* "...ugh, something bad is going to happen to me when I get back home..." T^T
Nice, haha.
We need more toothbrush scenes, tbh.
Old 2013-07-29, 15:57   Link #60
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
It's not a physical similarity, it's more of an attitude that reminds us immediately if Senjogahara. I would say that Koyomi's mom talks in a way that is very similar to Hitagi which probably outlines a similar personality and, given who the author is, I'm pretty sure the similarity is completely, 100% intentional.