AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-23, 04:38   Link #81
retardation
phantom loser

well it seems like nobody responded to this thread the last three times i posted but i still have faith in mankind!

man i'm watching kamichu right now and this is so good. are there any similar shows out there? well i'd like to say there are two types of shows that i'm looking for

a) comedy series that look great like kamichu. a series that's not too heavy that has great artwork. it is actually harder to find these than you'd think.

b) comedy series with an edge. when i say "edge" i mean it more in the sense that there is something of a modern/realistic appeal to the show. for example i just finished watching sayonara zetsubou sensei and there is very contemporary feeling associated with the show. a good contrast would be between lucky star, which deals with a lot of current issues, and something like azumanga, which is essentially the same show as and inspiration for lucky star but way more innocent, idealistic and unbelievable. i liked minami-ke
Old 2008-01-23, 04:54   Link #82
jedinat

a) Ichigo Mashimaro - light comedy with nice art

b) Oh! Edo Rocket - may qualify as comedy with an edge
Old 2008-01-23, 14:12   Link #83
retardation
phantom loser

seen those but right on.
Old 2010-04-12, 21:03   Link #84
retardation
phantom loser

hey guys.

i know nobody ever cared about me but my selfish pleas for suggestions are back!

what has been good the last three seasons or so? i was pretty occupied with finishing school and then my first year of work. now i've done all my exams and feel like i can pig out on anime...

newer stuff i've seen:

darker than black 2 (awesome)
a certain magical index and the sequel (i like them)
nyan koi (why did i watch this?)
kimi ni todoke (zzzz)
finished up cross game ()
natsume yuujincho (like a less fun version of xxxholic imo)
caanan (didn't hate it)
tokyo magnitude 8 (still watching)
eden of the east (make me wait for a movie to see the ending? who do you think you are??)

any other good recent series? i'll try whatever is the going thing.

are there any good comedy or action shows lately in particular? i mean i'm not limited to that and will get around to watching everything that seems worth watching but right now i'm kind of in the mood for some good old fashioned comedy or aciton...

how is the show trapeze? the description for that one caught my eye.
Old 2010-04-12, 21:43   Link #85
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Wandering Knight liked Trapeze; me not so much. Perhaps my expectations were too high because the same team made Bakeneko/Mononoke, but Trapeze never really held my attention.

I'll suggest Bakemonogatari as a place to start. It's stylish and comedic. Arakawa Under the Bridge, another SHAFT show like Bakemonogatari, has promise as well. I thought it to be one of Shinbo's most accessible recent shows since Hidamari Sketch. Durarara!!, by the author and studio that made Baccano!, is perhaps a bit more serious than these others, but it's still often amusing in the way Baccano! could be and is, of course, also stylishly animated. (You did watch Kure-nai already, I believe?)

Hanamaru Youchien is often droll and has some of the best ED visuals I've seen in a while (each week is a new song).

Cross Game is a delightful romance about a boy and a girl who both love to pitch baseball. It's very subtle and slow-moving, but I waited impatiently for each episode to appear.

Finally, I recommend the movie Summer Wars. Great mixture of sci-fi, Japanese family comedy, and a cute romance. Some terrific animation by Madhouse as well.

When you're done with comedies, here are a few more serious recommendations:

Mouryou no Hako
Aoi Bungaku
Kemono no Sou-ja Erin

Oh, and The Legend of Koizumi is not to be missed.

Whoops, almost forgot Higepiyo, a comedy about a chick with Samurai aspirations who comes to live with a Japanese family. Romi Paku's performance as Higepiyo is astounding.
Old 2010-04-15, 18:01   Link #86
retardation
phantom loser

what about kobato?
Old 2010-04-26, 21:41   Link #87
retardation
phantom loser

help a poster out!

saw kaboto - it was aight

ladies vs butlers - watched it.... not as bad as kanokon. i knew itd be some filth but couldnèt resist. i wouldnèt mind a decent harem for once. this was at least not some indecisive main character nonsense. he was just clueless.

then i have some show... forget the name but itès about some student counsel... seemed like a spoof of haruhi at first but overall just a boring show

i have madnitude 8 but ièm scared to watch it.
Old 2010-05-01, 03:10   Link #88
blewin

How about Arakawa under the bridge? It's really funny and random. well, kind of random but I think the issues brought out in the anime are not really so random. The artwork and the execution of camera sequences are quite different from usual.

I'd also recommend Fairy Tail if you like magic/action/comedy. I myself just love this anime! I like how refreshing it is despite the typical parts put together.

Working! turns out to be surprisingly wonderful to watch. It's about a group of students running a restaurant, their dynamics and backgrounds. well, give it a few episodes and see if you like it.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-05-01, 03:27   Link #89
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yes. You must have Cross Game.
Closed Thread

Tags
comparisons, reviews