AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 15 17.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 31.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-28, 12:07   Link #81
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

RIP Tanya.

It's confirmed. Hei's gone tsundere for Suou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Doesn't it depend on if the body still has air inside of him?
Yep, thats what wiki says. You float due to air in your lungs intially and sink when it's replaced by water. Float again after gas gets produced in your gut and chest cavity.
Old 2009-11-28, 12:08   Link #82
Mr. Anime

i swim 50m freestyle in 25 secs so i can tell... a body definately sinks at first, maybe her clothes or her missing flesh part are the reason why she floats or the reason is.... it looks cooler when the corpse floats in his own blood for everyone to see instead of sinking.
Old 2009-11-28, 12:14   Link #83
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
i swim 50m freestyle in 25 secs so i can tell... a body definately sinks at first, maybe her clothes or her missing flesh part are the reason why she floats or the reason is.... it looks cooler when the corpse floats in his own blood for everyone to see instead of sinking.
We're talking about a corpse and not a living ,moving person. Living and moving sinks apparently.
Old 2009-11-28, 12:14   Link #84
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , dead body who still get air inside float .
Old 2009-11-28, 12:36   Link #85
Mr. Anime

how long do u think the air stays in the corpse? a few seconds at best and the lungs fill with water so u are even heavier ----> body sinks immediately
Old 2009-11-28, 12:42   Link #86
Haladflire65
*Artist

Um, I think we can stop talking about whether corpses sink or float... I honestly don't really care...
Old 2009-11-28, 12:57   Link #87
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Contractor who predicts the future is probably Amber. Though I dont think she had any significant contact with the policewoman, that was shown anyway.

Seems like she saw more than just the incident at the gate, and left some hints.
Old 2009-11-28, 13:43   Link #88
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseThyme View Post
... The summer/swimming theme just seemed contrived to me...As for Shion knowing where Suou was, I thought he was tracking her from last episode?
I liked the summer/swimming thing. It seemed intended to show the humanity beneath the contractors. Happening on a swimming pool was fairly contrived, but I felt it was worth it.

I think Shion may have found them because he has that "memory of the future" Madame Oreille mentioned and so can tell what is going to happen. But maybe more likely it had to do with observation ghosts: we were shown the electric wires going by outside the windows as Hei and Repnin talked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanehei
i think that Suou its not as cool as she needs to be to be the focus of this new season.
I myself find Suou at least as cool as Hei, but in a much different way. She's not the knowledgeable fighter, she's the ordinary person -- you or me -- suddenly thrust into a strange situation and coming to terms with it pretty quickly. And she has even more feelings than Hei, and expresses them more clearly, which I like. I find her character totally riveting, myself. But I know different people like different things.

I do find Hanazawa Kana just excellent. Her screams in the stands at the pool were outstanding.

@joe_fh -- Interesting points. I agree that the funny moments with Mao/Petya were fairly lame, but I feel differently about most of your other points. I thought Suou kept developing on exactly the same lines she has been all along. She becomes a bit more determined and self-starting, while still yearning for things from her old life, and not being fully committed to contractor life, as well as having complex feelings toward Hei and his orders.

As for killing off Tanya, that was done at a reasonable moment. Her role was to create a link to the old life, as well as to show another path of contractor development and to show Suou's goodness and feelings. I loved the scene where Suou embraced her. But even though Tanya is a more classic contractor, still some of her old feelings linger. I don't consider her a "main" character.

As for people not noticing that the shot came from another direction, I don't believe any of them were within sight when the shot was fired, and once the body was in the water, they didn't know its original orientation.

The discussion of whether bodies float was a hoot. Suffice it to say, the way they portrayed it is at least possible enough not to be an error. The real reason was for how it looked, though, of course.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-11-28, 13:44   Link #89
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Tanya's death was a little disappointing...I wanted a bigger fight. It seemed like she was just getting her memories/feelings back too. Oh well, I guess a big ol' bullet would put an end to that for good.

All-in-all, she's a character I thought could've had a bigger impact, but whatever. With only 4 or so episodes left, I guess it's time to start picking up the pace. (which is exactly why the preview for next ep had me facepalming a bit)

Old 2009-11-28, 13:56   Link #90
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Great episode ^^ I didn't expect anything like that Rappin and Tanya died. I almost though Hei will join them , hehe. But fork saved him

I though they will move on the story faster, but at least they haven't stopped.
Detective "couple" back !!! That will be funny to watch ;D But cmon move the story seriously >___> There's ain't so many eps left.

I feel worried
Old 2009-11-28, 14:04   Link #91
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Um, I think we can stop talking about whether corpses sink or float... I honestly don't really care...
Yeah me too .

Anyway , Suou x July who hold hands were so cute
Old 2009-11-28, 14:48   Link #92
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Yeah me too .

Anyway , Suou x July who hold hands were so cute
Looked more like Big sister and little brother.

Anyways about Suou´s brother using the same weapons, I hardly think that was his ability or something like that, I just think he was using the same weapon she was for fun.
Old 2009-11-28, 15:16   Link #93
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Doesn't it depends on if the body still has air inside of it?
No, even with a full lung of air, you still need to be in a certain angle or paddle your legs/arms around to keep afloat.

When you're dead, your lungs won't be full of air (cuz you need to actively hold in the air), so you'll just sink. This is especially true for Tanya, who also would've had water flowing into that 3inch hole in her body from where that anti-tank round went through...

She should've sank like a rock weighed down by an iron anvil...
Old 2009-11-28, 15:18   Link #94
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
RIP Tanya.
It's confirmed. Hei's gone tsundere for Suou.

Yep, thats what wiki says. You float due to air in your lungs intially and sink when it's replaced by water. Float again after gas gets produced in your gut and chest cavity.

That's wiki answers...aka nothing to do with wikipedia. It's really a poor man's Yahoo Answers, which in of itself is very unreliable. I'm not saying the answer is totally wrong, but wiki-answers is a totally worthless site.
Old 2009-11-28, 15:43   Link #95
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
No, even with a full lung of air, you still need to be in a certain angle or paddle your legs/arms around to keep afloat.

When you're dead, your lungs won't be full of air (cuz you need to actively hold in the air), so you'll just sink. This is especially true for Tanya, who also would've had water flowing into that 3inch hole in her body from where that anti-tank round went through...

She should've sank like a rock weighed down by an iron anvil...
Okay let's stop talking about this whole sinking or floating thing...really. If we really want to talk about what would be "real", shouldn't we talk about how Tanya only managed to have such a small chunk of her blown off? I mean, that's an anti-tank rifle we're talking about...that thing should've (upon impact) blown her in half, if not more.
Old 2009-11-28, 15:53   Link #96
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Okay let's stop talking about this whole sinking or floating thing...really. If we really want to talk about what would be "real", shouldn't we talk about how Tanya only managed to have such a small chunk of her blown off? I mean, that's an anti-tank rifle we're talking about...that thing should've (upon impact) blown her in half, if not more.
Hope you didn't just start a whole new argument about tank rifles there, miroku... lol.
Old 2009-11-28, 16:01   Link #97
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
how long do u think the air stays in the corpse? a few seconds at best and the lungs fill with water so u are even heavier ----> body sinks immediately
Floats and then sinks and then floats again. Obviously, it not instantaneous or immediate for a corpse that is face down. Face up corpses sink due to ease of expelling air and filling up with water.

Tanya and that other girl were face down corpses and were drawn as floaters.

And thru the power of TV, we see that the lungs are more useful than the abdomen for immediate floating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
What if he used different ammo than what was provided? *Natch that idea, I couldn't a ref that says another less powerfl ammo could be substituted.*

A nice chunk of her abdomen and prob a tiny portion of the lower part of her chest was taken out. Wow, she was almost bisected. That was a gory shot.

They prob couldn't show her going splat into a kazillion pieces on TV.

Last edited by orion; 2009-11-28 at 16:39.
Old 2009-11-28, 16:30   Link #98
Hobbit
. . .

That rifle... all the scene where the weapon come out of nowhere...
Maybe Suou is just a "host".

Probably Shion found Suou through the meteor fragment, and maybe he never lost her whereabouts.
Old 2009-11-28, 16:41   Link #99
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
That rifle... all the scene where the weapon come out of nowhere...
Maybe Suou is just a "host".

Probably Shion found Suou through the meteor fragment, and maybe he never lost her whereabouts.
Didn't he tell her that as long as she has that fragment, he will find her? I think it was in ep. 1.
Old 2009-11-28, 17:29   Link #100
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Hope you didn't just start a whole new argument about tank rifles there, miroku... lol.
aw shucks you saw through my "subtle" hints at a new argument
Closed Thread