AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-10, 15:00   Link #781
Elandyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post

Not sure how replying and getting a discussion out of something you said qualifies as "spiraling out of control", but whatever you say.
you did not reply, you transformed my "possibly" into a "there will be" and ran with it just for the sake of disagreeing.
You have probably realized that your "interpretation" of my post was faulty since, posting even yourself
Quote:
I probably made a big deal out of nothing, so just ignore me
So I guess I'll do just that, ignoring.

P.S: After that original line, you have been pretending that you had no clue about what people were talking about (including Falcor) ... I'm just going to let it go, but that was beyond silly (talking politely) of you frankly to try to start an argument out of something I -didn't - say.
Old 2011-11-10, 15:57   Link #782
BlackMagister

I'm still curious what will Clare's awakened form look like. Her partially awakened form closely resembles Alicia expect her overall speed might be faster because of the way Clare wanted her transformation to turn out. As it's my opinion that claymores can alter their transformation based on their personality and apprently their conscious thoughts (Cassandra, Duph, Jean seem like examples). We haven't seen Clare's head and body, but I'm not sure what could be done to make her body more deadly. Expect maybe giving Clare wings and since her chest didn't awaken her back didn't either so it's possible that Clare could also have wings even though it would be an odd addition considering her legs.

Of course Hysteria and Roxanne will also get tailored AB forms. Hysteria a wolf or any speedy four legged animal? Roxanne some sort of monster?

I'll be disappointed if we never see Clare's fully awakened form by the end of the story, but it's possible that we will never see it given the wedge.
Old 2011-11-10, 16:03   Link #783
Nixl

For now, I think Claire as well as most of our heroines will be Wedge Blocked by Dr. D., the ultimate friendsaur of partial awakenings.

Furthermore, now that I am thinking of Jean, her return to normal was really bullshit. Claire returned Jean from a full body awakening while it took Jean's life just to return Claire's leg and arm partial awakening. The "super-human will" explanation be damned. Another reason to hate the Witch's Maw arc for me.
Old 2011-11-10, 16:05   Link #784
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister View Post
Expect maybe giving Clare wings and since her chest didn't awaken her back didn't either so it's possible that Clare could also have wings even though it would be an odd addition considering her legs.
I wouldn't expect Clare to have wings in her awakened form. She has those really fast feet which as you said would be strange if she had wings too.
And what about Irene's arm? If Clare awakens will her right arm (or arms) have a different look than her left arm? She might look very different.

Quote:
I'll be disappointed if we never see Clare's fully awakened form by the end of the story, but it's possible that we will never see it given the wedge.
I hope that we don't see her awakened form because then she will be just another monster. I don't want her to become a monster.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-10, 16:15   Link #785
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
For now, I think Claire as well as most of our heroines will be Wedge Blocked by Dr. D., the ultimate friendsaur of partial awakenings.

Furthermore, now that I am thinking of Jean, her return to normal was really bullshit. Claire returned Jean from a full body awakening while it took Jean's life just to return Claire's leg and arm partial awakening. The "super-human will" explanation be damned. Another reason to hate the Witch's Maw arc for me.
Jean was already dying. She was an offensive type warrior and it was a fatal wound. Plus Clare's extra blade-arms stabbed her a couple times to do more damage. So the explanation is really simple. Clare did not have any fatal wounds when she saved Jean, But Jean did. Jean said that she was already going to die from the wound. So it was still strenuous to save Jean. But it was much harder to save Clare because Jean was weakened from her wounds

I Really hate that "Dr. D" shit. Her name is Deneve. and it really annoys me when people call her that.

"King's to you, Fernand"

Last edited by Claymore!; 2011-11-10 at 16:40.
Old 2011-11-10, 16:19   Link #786
BlackMagister

Clare already awakened Irene's arm even if it wasn't fully awakened is still very similar to Clare's left arm, a series of bladed arms vs claws. Similar in function at least, Clare AB form functions a lot like Alicia, quick with a lot of blades that will cut enemies up. About Clare having wings yeah I don't think it's probable, but if claymores can really direct their "evolution" then what is stopping Clare from thinking "have to go higher" "have to go higher" "have to go higher" *bam* wings. Again don't think it will happen just what's stopping it from happening in the world of Claymore.

As for Clare not being able to revert back from a full awakening we already have seen Jean, Alicia and the twins do it they were still not an AB. Granted it needs yoki synchronization/soul link, but what's stopping Clare from completing the Organization's research and getting full control over awakening. Not to mention ABs can turn into a human form and the only difference they really have is a hunger for human flesh and possible shifts in personality.
Old 2011-11-10, 16:34   Link #787
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Jean was already dying. She was an offensive type warrior and it was a fatal would. Plus Clare's extra blade-arms stabbed her a couple times to do more damage. So the explanation is really simple. Clare did not have any fatal wounds when she saved Jean, But Jean did. Jean said that she was already going to die from the wound. So it was still strenuous to save Jean. But it was much harder to save Clare because Jean was weakened from her wounds

I Really hate that "Dr. D" shit. Her name is Deneve. and it really annoys me when people call her that.
I do not know Claymore!, I feel as though her wounds would have weakened her will and made her more susceptible to giving in, especially since she was tortured for so long.

If not Dr. D. how about Dr. Deneve? (I am joking, I know how you feel about the Dr. joke either way)
Old 2011-11-10, 16:44   Link #788
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I do not know Claymore!, I feel as though her wounds would have weakened her will and made her more susceptible to giving in, especially since she was tortured for so long.
Jean put all her effort into turning Clare back into normal. It was her last effort, it was her dying effort.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-10, 16:45   Link #789
Nixl

Perhaps, but it still does not sit well with me. Although, that may just be my bias against the Witch's Maw arc with the exception of Galatea and Riful.
Old 2011-11-10, 16:51   Link #790
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

The Witch's Maw was one of my favorite arcs. It was just so awesome. And in the anime it was even better, The Witch's Maw part III is probably one of my favorite episodes. I don't know why you don't like it, but i guess it is your opinion.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-10, 16:59   Link #791
Gooral
Banned

@Nixl
Jean has A+ mental stat (the same grade as Irene) for a reason. In fact she should have higher but that's beyond the point. Irene was also the only one who could awaken her arm only and control it without problems and Jean was struggling against awakening as long as she could. Average Claymore would probably give in since he wouldn't see a way out, Jean wasn't like that. She was the most honourable Claymore we've seen and someone who couldn't be broken or bound or bent. That's why Teresa > Clare >= Jean > Galatea >> Miria (;P).
Old 2011-11-10, 16:59   Link #792
Nixl

I had a massive debate with Elandyll 2 (3?) chapter threads ago about the merits of the Witch's Maw arc (in truth I am probably just pushing 2 arcs together). While we did get the introduction of Jean, Galatea, Riful, etc I felt that the entire process was dragged on far longer than it should have. Yagi set up a lot of serious consequences and developments only to repeal them the next second. If it happened once, I would be content, but it just kept happening. It totally killed the tension of the arc, because I knew Yagi was not going to do anything with the characters yet. In comparison to other arcs, I personally believe the Witch's Maw arc fell flat. I do like Galatea though

All in all, I felt the tension was ruined and it came down to an introduction arc.

To list what I am ranting about,
-Claire is saved by Galatea
-Jean awakened, but was saved.
-Claire awakened, but was saved.
-Galatea was about to die, but was saved.
-Jean/Claire/Galatea were about to lose against Dauf, but were saved.
-Dauf was about to die, but was saved.
-Riful awakened, but just left, everyone saved.
-Claire not only successfully pulls Jean back from awakening, but also combines her QS with her youki perception

Perhaps one the most deadly situations to happen, yet everyone comes out unscathed. Yagi might as well have given all the characters a gift basket on the way out. Personally, I felt the arc could have been half its length, but still have introduced the characters rather than dance around the plot for so long. To clarify my complaint, it is not so much that these things happened individually, but rather what irked me is that they all happened within the same time frame. Some us are annoyed about Miria or Raftela surviving "death," but the Witch's Maw arc had me rolling my eyes in that regard. (edit) Another reason, is that I enjoy villains and how they affect our protagonist. Hence, I enjoy Priscilla and even Roxanne just like Shira from Blade of the Immortal or Ajae Tae from Shin Angyo Onshi. Yet, Riful just sat passively for the most part and Dauf felt more like a henchman than a strong villain.

edit: That is true Gooral, I just did not like how it was handled in the Witch's Maw arc. I felt no tension about the situation since each and every character was going end up saved or walking away anyway. To me, Pieta battle had an interesting mix of tension with the characters facing consequences, but at the same time they persisted (Claire vs Rigardo). Furthermore, I felt that through and through it showed huge developments such as Priscilla meeting Raki and it ended on a cliff hanger (almost). The Witch's Maw arc, apart from the new characters, just fell so flat in my opinion.

Edit 2: Gooral! You only put 2 ">" between Galatea and Miria?! I am practically raging a river of tears.

Last edited by Nixl; 2011-11-10 at 17:29.
Old 2011-11-10, 17:58   Link #793
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
you did not reply, you transformed my "possibly" into a "there will be" and ran with it just for the sake of disagreeing.
You have probably realized that your "interpretation" of my post was faulty since, posting even yourself

So I guess I'll do just that, ignoring.

P.S: After that original line, you have been pretending that you had no clue about what people were talking about (including Falcor) ... I'm just going to let it go, but that was beyond silly (talking politely) of you frankly to try to start an argument out of something I -didn't - say.
Damn, you are one really really defensive person - you're acting like I attacked you and started a war for replying to something that you wrote; the only 'argument' was a small discussion from your words about the possibility of a DoD arc that with Falcor that lasted, what, six posts?

I put down my thoughts on the matter, and so did Falcor (so I don't know what other "people" you're talking about) -- Apparently to you though, a very small discussion is enough to qualify as an argument, and subsequently, an attack against your name or something; Sorry if you're that pissed off that our discussion stemmed from what you wrote, though I don't see what all the verbal attacks or for, and you've given plenty (when, at the most, I said "jerk" and "tiger").

I mean you're acting like I thoroughly insulted you or something; is it really that big of deal that I started a brand new conversation based on something you said? If you're unsure on whether or not their will be a DoD arc or not, that's fine -- either way It's your opinion in the end anyway; if you're mad because I initially took your words as you saying you fully expect there to be a DoD arc, I don't see the need to make a huge fuss -- again, you could just re-clarify that you don't know for sure if there will be one, or if you even want one.....that's it. You could be calm and understanding about it, you could be funny and joke around....Hell, you could even, you know, join in with Falcor and I and post some more -- on your thoughts on the DoD or why you think their may/may not be a DoD arc, or if the warriors will go to the mainland etc...

Their's lots of ways you could go about it Elandyll without getting defensive, playing the victim card and trying to insult somebody repeatedly - one small light-hearted (and one look at all the emocons tells you that) discussion with one other user though that lasted half a page though is apparently enough to make you feel like the world is against you.

I mean I'm aware we have our differences in our beliefs (join the club, it's a long line), but come on; "spiraling out of control"? What is? My discussion with Falcor already ended before you even replied; "starting arguments out of nothing"? What arguments? Apparently, the only one is the one I'm having with you.... What on earth are you talking about?

As you said though, this has already gone on far enough, so enough is enough....but really, can we try to have one discussion that doesn't end up getting personal?
Old 2011-11-10, 18:17   Link #794
ATM

Dr. G. (Gooral) is right! Just kidding, just kidding! :P *me, sweats profusely like “awkward Yuma” (thank you BlackMagister ), and take cover under my desk*

He is right Jean’s willpower is the greatest that I can recall. She also has great self-control, I remember how she handled Helen’s comments back at Pieta saying that numbers don’t without losing her cool. Helen as usual making an ass of herself hehe, that’s why I love her.

Gooral, Miata with more training can make it to your list probably between Jean and galatea. My opinion.

Sad to see Miria at the bottom of the barrel. >

Last edited by ATM; 2011-11-10 at 19:06.
Old 2011-11-10, 18:23   Link #795
ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister View Post
I'm still curious what will Clare's awakened form look like.
Me too I want to see Clares awakened from. We just got a tease at Pieta, and it was awesome. Even Rigardo agrees, and he saw awakened beings every day.

Priscilla however didn't thought much of Clare's partial awakened form, but then again everyone is beneath her, in her opinion.
Old 2011-11-10, 18:35   Link #796
ATM

Could it be possible that Hysteria decides to retain her human for, at least for a while longer? At the end of the chapter she opened her eyes, but she is not showing any signs of transformation. My guess is that she would try to get back at Miria in her human form to show who is better with a sword and which technique is superior.

I also hope that if Hysteria gets her memory back, an automatic flashback of her life and death takes place, and if it does I hope that Yagi manages to fit it all in just one page.
Old 2011-11-10, 18:49   Link #797
limao
DeAd

Quote:
I'm still curious what will Clare's awakened form look like
I don't care...as long it comes with accessories.

Old 2011-11-10, 19:07   Link #798
White Silver King
The Isley

Speaking of Irene's will, I wonder why she never trained more limbs. She Awakened her right arm and kept it contained with extreme ease; if I were I would have started training my legs.

And on that note, if QS is used by completely Awakening one's arm, why does Irene/Clare's arm not take on it's Awakened appearance when using it?

Edit: I just did some re-reading and I have a question. Did Priscilla remember everything but her encounter with Teresa or does she only remember her encounter with Teresa and nothing else? The manga, at least to me, makes it seem like the former while the wiki (which usually does a really good job with interpretation) suggests the latter.

Last edited by White Silver King; 2011-11-10 at 20:40.
Old 2011-11-10, 19:15   Link #799
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I always envisioned Claire's awakened form to be akin to what Chibamonster theorized - very devilish, with horns, bat-like wings....or it could be like what Solace said once in that she would look like an "Avenging Angel" -- personally though, I feel that would fit Teresa more -- all and all though, a celestial-based form, whether angelic or devilish, would contrast perfectly with Priscilla's "Fallen Angel" form and what Teresa's would have undoubtedly been. It fits with her power, her life and personality, perhaps a bit how she imagines herself and/or what best symbolizes her etc...
Old 2011-11-11, 00:14   Link #800
BlackMagister

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
Speaking of Irene's will, I wonder why she never trained more limbs. She Awakened her right arm and kept it contained with extreme ease; if I were I would have started training my legs.

And on that note, if QS is used by completely Awakening one's arm, why does Irene/Clare's arm not take on it's Awakened appearance when using it?
Irene probably would have thought it was too dangerous to learn to use more high yoki release techniques as she doesn't have the same yoki control as Half Awakens. Not to mention Irene didn't really awaken her arm, if they said it awakens I'm not sure why they would use that term. It's more like a high level yoki release in that arm that goes over the limit not an awakening. If it was a limb awakening it would be like what Clare did in Pieta.
Closed Thread