AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-12-30, 03:24   Link #1
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Logo Overlay "Guide"

I've made, well not so much a guide, but a sort of "open book" to how I got a logo overlayed on top of a video for the anime's title screen. I know it's not the most important thing in fansubbing a title, but it does add a little sparkle if you can make a logo like this and overlay it.

http://www.draconicdesigns.com/fot/avshit.htm

Also, I am sure plenty of people who have the ins and outs of avisynth on this board figured out better than I do could probably improve upon the theory put forth here.

And for those who maybe had been confused by how to do this sort of thing, kind of like I was at the beginning of the day today, I hope you'll be able to use the info.

Thanks to Zero1 for the logo and some help with the overlay filter.
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 17:31   Link #2
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garylisk
It's messy, sloppy, heck, it's downright dirty.

But it fuckin' works. =D
Lawl, indeed. Might I suggest something insanely simpler?

Code:
function title( clip c , image , start , end )
{
  title = imagesource( image , end = end - start + 1 , use_devil=true, pixel_type="rgb32" ).assumefps( c )
  c.applyrange( start , end , "overlay" , title , 0 , 0 , showalpha( title ) )
}
Then to use just call it like this
Code:
title("my_little_pony.png",500,1000)
The image will be overlayed over frames 500-1000.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 17:43   Link #3
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Uh... that was an incredibly over-complicated way to do it. I would, in fact, like to simplify that process by a factor five or so.

First off, overlaying a transparent PNG is EXACTLY like overlaying an AFX clip. Which means, grab the function described in this post, and you can write your seven avs scripts together into one, like so:
Code:
AVISource("D:\anime\RAW\Sasami - Mahou Shoujo Club\Season 1\Sasami_Mahou_Shoujo_Club_01_raw_245mb_DivX.avi")
SelectEvery(5)
ConvertToYV12()
Trim(0,35716+1)
Trim(0,2181-1) ++ Trim(2396+1,0)
deen("a2d",4,6,8)
FastLineDarken()
TextSub("D:\anime\RAW\Sasami - Mahou Shoujo Club\output1.ssa")
TextSub("D:\anime\RAW\Sasami - Mahou Shoujo Club\op_kana.ass")
TextSub("D:\anime\RAW\Sasami - Mahou Shoujo Club\op_trans.ass")
TextSub("D:\anime\RAW\Sasami - Mahou Shoujo Club\ed_kana.ass")
TextSub("D:\anime\RAW\Sasami - Mahou Shoujo Club\sasami01.ass")
TextSub("D:\anime\RAW\Sasami - Mahou Shoujo Club\creds.ass")
AssumeFPS(23.976)

# fun starts here
titleoverlay = imagesource("D:\anime\RAW\Sasami - Mahou Shoujo Club\overlay copy.png", end=115, pixel_type="rgb32")
insertsign(last, titleoverlay, 101) # note: custom function from above-mentioned post

# ok, title overlay done, now for the notes
notes = imagesource("D:\anime\RAW\Sasami - Mahou Shoujo Club\notes1.bmp", end=239)
# hint: blankclip generates silent audio by default, and it happily takes a clip as "template"
notes = audiodub(notes, blankclip(last, length=239))

# that was simple, now add everything up
# ++ is a shorthand for alignedsplice()
notes ++ last
Note: you might want to encode the filtered raw to lossless before adding overlay and notes. Will make your life a lot simpler if you screw something with the images up.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2006-12-30 at 20:33.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 17:53   Link #4
Zero1
Two bit encoder
*Fansubber

Yeah, my original suggestion was to do whatever in AE/Premiere or whatver, export some RGBA and use overlay. In this instance pure AVISynth work may have been faster, but the last time I had to overlay something, there were over 60 images and some slightly more fancy stuff that I wouldn't have wasted my time in AVISynth for.

You have to give him his dues though, he found a way round without spamming forums like "hay guyz how do i overlayed titles?"

And :up: for the alternate methods, everyone's a winner.

So now you know I'm more than just a pretty face; I do simple vector hax in photoshop from time to time
Old 2006-12-31, 01:31   Link #5
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Indeed, I recall such a small photoshop hax...
/me looks around
I believe I saw this on 4chan... and it may be a Zero1 work
Old 2006-12-31, 03:03   Link #6
Zero1
Two bit encoder
*Fansubber

:o

Indeed it is, a bit lazy though. The Z is just text rather than an accurate vector of the original; also this was from the Zeta Gundam movie, so it might look different from the usual logo.

This one would probably be seen as an insult to UC purists (for me, Seed is an insult to most things; boo hiss :p). Simple work but I can't take credit for the nifty art, just a simple logo bash :\

This one got a few lols in /m; I think mainly because of the expressions rather than the actual "joke" :p

And on that note, I had better stop before this turns into /b or /m :)

By the way, I also found another image poking fun at Seed Destiny... Is it really 2 years old already? I haven't watched a fansub properly since around ep 34 of Seed Destiny (I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt, but the crappiness just killed me in the end).

I really ought to learn (or at least get to grips with) Illustrator sometime. There's been a few occasions where it might have helped me out. One was a huge Komugi vector I was doing, and in the end it was such a pain in the ass I eventually left it alone.

Last edited by Zero1; 2006-12-31 at 08:32. Reason: Typo
Zero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 06:23   Link #7
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1 View Post
By the way, I also found another image poking fun at Seed Destiny... Is it really 2 years old already? I haven't watched a fansub properly since around ep 34 of Seed Destiny (I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt, but the crappyness just killed me in the end).
Actually it turns out quite good :P

And for functions like overlaying etc its better to make permanent function scripts
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 15:02   Link #8
Coro

Hi, I'd like to learn how to overlay a logo onto video using Avisynth...

How would I go about doing this? Is there are filter I need?

Thanks!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 15:26   Link #9
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Hi, I'd like to learn how to overlay a logo onto video using Avisynth...

How would I go about doing this? Is there are filter I need?

Thanks!
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48608

Maybe using the "Search" function first would have been pretty beneficial, huh...
Old 2007-09-25, 15:28   Link #10
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Read my post or TheFluff's. Magix
Old 2007-09-25, 18:15   Link #11
Coro

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48608

Maybe using the "Search" function first would have been pretty beneficial, huh...
Yeah, which is why I posted my question here instead of making a new thread.

But thanks though.
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 20:18   Link #12
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Oh you said video, lulz. Well it's true it has probably been said a dozen times in other threads, thus searching is good. But its as simple as this.

Code:
function overlay_video(clip mainclip, overlayclip, int startframe, int endframe)
{
  blank = blankclip(mainclip, color=$000000, pixel_type="rgb32").killaudio
  finale = blank.trim(0, startframe-1) + avisource(overlayclip, audio=false).assumefps(mainclip)
  mainclip.applyrange(startframe, endframe, "overlay", finale, 0, 0, showalpha(finale))
}
There are of course much more complex functions which take into account all kinds of other stuff. Starting at frame 0 or 1, etc. Optional end parameter. I forget where I left that function last I saw it...