AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-06-19, 19:47   Link #181
cranston

Thanks Erhjegel. I'll give it a try tonight. I sorta assumed that defense values don't count against support timing attacks. However, I must be missing something. What make you certain that the red supporter will attack my defender and not the attacker?
cranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 20:05   Link #182
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranston View Post
Thanks Erhjegel. I'll give it a try tonight. I sorta assumed that defense values don't count against support timing attacks. However, I must be missing something. What make you certain that the red supporter will attack my defender and not the attacker?
If the red supporter is using Firebolt, it always aims at Enemy A; if it's using Fireball, it aims at Enemy Variable. Variable always hits D first, then (iirc) it hits whoever has less HP left. Check to see what it attacks.

If it hits Enemy Variable, your red defender with it's high M defense won't have a problem. If it's going for Enemy A, your defender won't be able to help, and your A will be defenseless unless your D is using a Team defense (全体 zentai).

If it hits Enemy A, and you don't have a team defense skill, you could also use a blue supporter to vanish, or a grean supporter to heal any damage you take.
Old 2008-06-20, 23:06   Link #183
evarcrazy89

Just finished narukana route

Spoiler for about murakumo:
evarcrazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 00:06   Link #184
cranston

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
If the red supporter is using Firebolt, it always aims at Enemy A; if it's using Fireball, it aims at Enemy Variable. Variable always hits D first, then (iirc) it hits whoever has less HP left. Check to see what it attacks.

If it hits Enemy Variable, your red defender with it's high M defense won't have a problem. If it's going for Enemy A, your defender won't be able to help, and your A will be defenseless unless your D is using a Team defense (全体 zentai).

If it hits Enemy A, and you don't have a team defense skill, you could also use a blue supporter to vanish, or a grean supporter to heal any damage you take.
I think you mean high F defense, not M. Firebolt and Fireball are both F attacks.

So the Enemy Variable (I read it as Random Enemy *oops*) goes after the Defender first. That helps in strategy planning. Guess I should've figured that out from the fact that the Attacker Skills also have the same thing.

Just to confirm though, with the firebolt, if it hits my A, it will be a critical hit, correct? If my D has zentai skill like Nozomin's 2nd D skill (I can't make out what it's supposed to be; purepublock or something), it won't be a critical hit? (Which, given Nozomin's high HP, makes the hit survivable.)

Thanks to Ehrjegel's advice, I got through that battle with zero casualties although it was a close thing. All 3 characters including Katima were near death.
Old 2008-06-21, 02:38   Link #185
Whorl

Anyone care to tell me what these options are?

Whorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 03:29   Link #186
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
I think you mean high F defense, not M. Firebolt and Fireball are both F attacks.

So the Enemy Variable (I read it as Random Enemy *oops*) goes after the Defender first. That helps in strategy planning. Guess I should've figured that out from the fact that the Attacker Skills also have the same thing.

Just to confirm though, with the firebolt, if it hits my A, it will be a critical hit, correct? If my D has zentai skill like Nozomin's 2nd D skill (I can't make out what it's supposed to be; purepublock or something), it won't be a critical hit? (Which, given Nozomin's high HP, makes the hit survivable.)

Thanks to Ehrjegel's advice, I got through that battle with zero casualties although it was a close thing. All 3 characters including Katima were near death.
I'm not sure if they show that it a critical hit, but if you look at the damage formula it does. Even with Nozomi's party defend skill ( all blocks that comsumes 2 battle mana) it will deal critical hit. She has 0 defence value against force attack/support types.

And high HP doesn't really means very much in this game. It just make a character able withstand one or two attacks more, if you attack correctly or defend poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorl View Post
Anyone care to tell me what these options are?

With the first option the "rune talk" part in the prologue won't be tranlated in Japanese. With the second option it does. They speak Japanese and the text will be in Japanese.

This option only appears when you start the game with a cleardata file
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 19:58   Link #187
cranston

Could someone explain the Orihalcon name thing to me?

Spoiler for orihalcon name:

I've finally cleared chapter 2. Daraba was an irritant. Trying to fight him straight up was impossible, but then I accidentally discovered that I could make him waste his lightning-from-the-heaven-thing (I can't remember what it's called right now) support skill. Lucky me.
Old 2008-06-26, 01:47   Link #188
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Spoiler for orihalcon name:
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 06:06   Link #189
cranston

Sorry again. Could someone explain the space-time quake co-ordinate thing please? If Reime doesn't understand, I don't see how I can.

Here's the original text

沙月「簡単な事よ。相対座標は原点が観測点になるけど、 絶対座標は原点がひとつってこと。 樹で例えるな ら、根っこの部分よ」

沙月「原点を基準にして、時間樹の中のどの系統を、どの方向 へ、どれだけ時間を進んだところにその世界が 存在する かっていう情報ね」

沙月「相対座標の方向と距離は、次元震動によって頻繁に誤差 が生まれてしまうけど、絶対座標系の情報は次 元震動で は乱されないから、確実に目的地に辿り着けるの」

沙月「例えるなら絶対座標は、どの枝のどの長さの部分に世界 があるかを表すわ。どんなに枝が捻れたり曲が ったり しても、その情報は変わらないでしょう?」

沙月「そうもいかないのよ。絶対座標系の観測は、今の私たち には無理」

沙月「原点からの膨大な距離を精密に測定しなきゃ ならないし、そもそも枝の系統や時間軸を 数値化する方 法がないから」

沙月「だから結局、年周視差で星の位置を求めるみたいに、 複数の分枝世界に観測基点を置いて随時相対座標 の 情報を集めるしかないのよ」

Thanks in advance.
Old 2008-07-13, 18:42   Link #190
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Ufufu, pretty much as said on the ero thread, trying right now Seinarukana and it is pretty much a nice experience.
Right now, I just whacked Daraba and it was really a hellish battle as a first timer...
I had to do it 6 times (switching between Satsuki and Katima during my trial and error, for the support role with Nozomu and Nozomi). It is just extremely unfair that the boss has still some unpredictable point, as he sometimes change his pattern (like, you put Nozomu as defender when you think he will use 南天星の剣 (500M, 200F), he suddenly and conveniently switches to 光芒一閃の剣 (850M, ¨8%F), obviously dooming Nozomu in one hit)
I was however 'happy" that the boss has actually some mechanic to discover (such like his Zone S, ライトニングボルト, that can be avoided with AV), so some trial and error aren't in vain. (Tough, it is really a pain to rely only on Nozomu's Cross Divider to actually deal damage to this... behemoth boss)

To be honest, I didn't really have the courage to redo the whole mission when I got S rank instead of SS (gah, Sol didn't made in time for the far right village X_X), at least, got a permanent will.
Meanwhile, I think SS rank is sometime very awful to get (the precedent chapter forced to use 4 teams, one complete and the rest as pair, so no support whatsoever). I just hope the knack for these won't be that straining for the rest of the missions (I don't have a clue when I can have spare turn to actually level up the characters, *sigh*)

By the way, I have a little question, as my japanese is not really good enough for unextractable text:
What does exactly エクスプロードⅠ (Explode 1 ?) do? Is there anything required to activate this 400M ATK skill? The only time I tried to use it, Nozomu was basically a sitting duck...
Old 2008-07-13, 18:54   Link #191
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
By the way, I have a little question, as my japanese is not really good enough for unextractable text:
What does exactly エクスプロードⅠ (Explode 1 ?) do? Is there anything required to activate this 400M ATK skill? The only time I tried to use it, Nozomu was basically a sitting duck...
Explode has a cost of 3 so you can't use it every turn, but directly hits Enemy A, bypassing the Defender. Not that useful an attack except in specific circumstances though.

Last edited by selkirk; 2008-07-13 at 19:18.
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 18:59   Link #192
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Explode has a cost of 3 so you can't use it every turn, but directly hits Enemy A, bypassing the Defender. Not that useful an attack expect in specific circumstances though.
Indeed, Actually, I was kinda too quick as the first turn was actually an enemy attack, so I didn't exactly pay attention to the cost, and my memories made me think he didn't attack for 2 turns

For some food for thought, that can be quite fun if you do this combined with Firebolt 1 or S skills of that kind... well, not exactly that practical with only 10 uses.

Ah well, thanks for the info, I will certainly check the costs more often (I didn't expect any 3 costs at the current situation I was).
Old 2008-07-16, 22:09   Link #193
cranston

You could combo Explode with Celestiary if Nozomu's all-rounding. Personally, I never used it.

Earlier, Ehrjegel posted some stuff about the affection points system. Unfortunately, it's not exactly accurate.

I've reached Chapter 8. According to that earlier post, there was supposed to be a trip into town with the girl with the highest affection aside from Satsuki and Nozomi.

Using the math, I was expecting to go with Ruptuna but I ended with Naya.
Spoiler for spoiler:

I wonder if there are some other parameters which I don't know about.
Old 2008-07-18, 12:30   Link #194
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
You could combo Explode with Celestiary if Nozomu's all-rounding. Personally, I never used it.

Earlier, Ehrjegel posted some stuff about the affection points system. Unfortunately, it's not exactly accurate.

I've reached Chapter 8. According to that earlier post, there was supposed to be a trip into town with the girl with the highest affection aside from Satsuki and Nozomi.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Is this your first playthrough? The first time you play the game no matter what choices you make you will always end up going with Naya.
Old 2008-07-18, 16:51   Link #195
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Is this your first playthrough? The first time you play the game no matter what choices you make you will always end up going with Naya.
Nope. I got Ruputna the first time, but decided to go back and was heading towards Satsuki's route.

There's a guide earlier in this thread that details what you need to do to head down a character's route. The most sure-fire way is to get MVPs, which is the part at the score screen at the end of missions that displays a character. You get MVPs through sheer kill count, so pick the heroine you wanna get and have her kill everything.
Old 2008-07-20, 03:34   Link #196
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:

Spoiler for spoiler:

If that's the event where Naya gorges herself silly on hamburgers, then don't fret. That one's a given. There's a second city trip that has you coming along with the girl who has the highest affection for Nozomu. But if you're referring to that, then I'm stumped.

Also, remember that MVP points do help increase a heroine's affection towards Nozomu, but she has to be together with Nozomu while she's raking up the kills.
Old 2008-07-20, 21:04   Link #197
cranston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
If that's the event where Naya gorges herself silly on hamburgers, then don't fret. That one's a given. There's a second city trip that has you coming along with the girl who has the highest affection for Nozomu. But if you're referring to that, then I'm stumped.
That's a relief. Yeah, I got the hamburger scene.
However, there wasn't any second scene. Nothing CG.
The next time I went to the city after that, I met up with the two girls who took me to the Izumo shrine.
johnishida may be correct as this is my 1st playthrough.
Alternatively, if Shinova's recollection is correct, perhaps I didn't get it because my top spot is likely occupied by Nozomi.
Could someone give me spoilers about this "2nd" scene?
What happens in it with the various girls?

P.S. The MVPs don't have any effect on my playthrough at the moment. The only people who got MVP are Nozomu, Jatzieta, and Euphoria. Until Izumo that is.

P.P.S. Narukana's a great character but she isn't clearing the map as fast as I expected. It's mainly the limited skill usage which is slowing me down, compounded by the fact that she can't take out the enemies (other than red and black) with one hit.
Old 2008-07-20, 21:35   Link #198
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
P.P.S. Narukana's a great character but she isn't clearing the map as fast as I expected. It's mainly the limited skill usage which is slowing me down, compounded by the fact that she can't take out the enemies (other than red and black) with one hit.
Her initial skill won't kill the enemies with one hit but, on the same map you get pretty strong PW for her... Just use Levantine and Excalibur combined with Fireball... You should be able to kill any enemy within three turns.
Old 2008-07-20, 22:47   Link #199
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

It's Narukana-sama's obtainable skills that really make her broken and unbalanced. Her initial skills aren't much, but wait until you get the rest of them.

As for the second city trip, it's the one where everyone goes into panic mode and returns to Izumo in order to defend it. Don't remember the exact scene, but I firmly recall it happening after Tokimi lends Nozomu one of her Shinkens. There's really no CG in that scene, just talking, but it helps in showing you who has the highest affection for you at that point.
Old 2008-07-21, 04:18   Link #200
cranston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
As for the second city trip, it's the one where everyone goes into panic mode and returns to Izumo in order to defend it.
Ah chaa!!! That would be chapter 10. Worried myself over nothing.
All's well and good then.

And, yes, I'm starting to see Narukana's awesome skills. Excaliber II was incredibly powerful for that stage of the game. However, the other two skills which I acquired (2 red support skills), aren't very useful. At least, I don't see her ever needing to rely on Incinerate.

BTW Why doesn't F defence work against Incinerate?

PS It's kinda weird, but any team or character which can't attack the enemy attacker (or better yet, all) isn't effective. Their defenders are too hard. Either that, or my tactics suck.

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel