AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 12 10.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 11.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 43 38.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.89%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-02-05, 06:54   Link #61
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

well it wasnt as good as the other episodes, i think it went by to quickly, the comedy should have been more on the introducing of saber than the rin trying to kill shirou,

yay sexy rider!

7 it is
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 14:21   Link #62
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Still, I find she's not serious enough yet. Considering her experience with magic, I don't think she would've missed Shirou after so many tries if she really wanted to hit him. Not to mention that if she really wanted to kill Emiya, why not get Archer to go in a nearby rooftop and snipe Shirou from afar? She KNOWS he's in school after all.

Methinks she's missing on purpose, and probably for the same reason why she saved/helped him in the first place. I know it's going to come in full force in the future, but I'm glad to see that Rin's internal dilemma is rearing its ugly head even now so that it's properly foreshadowed.
It wasn't because Rin wasn't serious enough nor she was missing on purpose, but it was because that scene itself was not completely earnest. The way the characters act (see especially Shirou's facial expressions), the tone of the voices, the jokes they were putting in, all hinted at me that Rin-vs-Shirou part was a bit more comical than it seems. But it was conflicting to be amused against the grave background music that was playing the whole way through, thus that segment was an awkward mix of humor and seriousness.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 14:27   Link #63
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Awkward will be an understatement. I would say it is jarring and painful disjointment.
Old 2006-02-05, 14:49   Link #64
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Shirou is bit too naive. Too naive about the war and the fact he is not a normal bloke trying to living his life anymore. I think Rin is trying to correct that error or she did really want to kill him.
I think she was trying to rid him of his naivity. She could have taken him by suprise or gotten Archer to do the job for her. I liked the stairwell bit, it was quite funny(ish). Well, with what Shirou said to Rin after she jumped. If you were really going to die, you'd still be running If I were in his place, I would have caught Rin, put her down and then legged it (even if she seemed to be going in for the kill). But that's me.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 15:18   Link #65
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Thats were we differ... if someone was trying to kill me I woulda just legged it, chivalry be damned

I enjoyed the Saber moments in this ep though so this ep gets an 8 from me
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 16:08   Link #66
Fishbait

Not a bad episode, though I personally did not like the comedy part all that much.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 16:12   Link #67
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Yeah that last part was meh. It just didn't feel right, but the Saber scenes balanced it out.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 16:56   Link #68
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Actually, the anime captured that "half-joke half-serious" atmosphere well. The scene wasn't all that serious in the game to begin with (what with real gun sound effects and all), so at least I can say that the anime "faithfully reproduced" the atmosphere from the game.

It'll get serious soon enough, don't worry.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 17:14   Link #69
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

i have two question about F/SN. i have not played the game and have read some spoilers so... here it goes

when a master uses up the three seals, the servant is free to leave or kill the master right?. if the servant chooses can they remain with them and still participate in the war after the three seals are used?

Spoiler for second question:

---EDIT---

please move or delete thanks. preferbaly move to Q and A

Last edited by SeedFreedom; 2006-02-05 at 19:58.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 17:21   Link #70
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom
i have two question about F/SN. i have not played the game and have read some spoilers so... here it goes

when a master uses up the three seals, the servant is free to leave or kill the master right?. if the servant chooses can they remain with them and still aprticipate in the war after the three seals are used?

Spoiler for second question:
...That's one hell of a spoiler, you know. Better put a warning right before it.

Yes, the servant is free to leave or kill the master after the three seals are gone. Also the servant can continue following the master's orders out of loyalty. They can pretty much do whatever the hell they want. I would think it would be in their best interest to form a contract with another/the same master though - they still need a constant flow of mana to stay in the world, besides

Spoiler:

IIRC A servant can be particularly disobedient or even harmful to their master even while they still have their command seals - "Servants" are more of partners in seeking the Grail than actual underlings.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 18:39   Link #71
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicsmile
...That's one hell of a spoiler, you know. Better put a warning right before it.

Yes, the servant is free to leave or kill the master after the three seals are gone. Also the servant can continue following the master's orders out of loyalty. They can pretty much do whatever the hell they want. I would think it would be in their best interest to form a contract with another/the same master though - they still need a constant flow of mana to stay in the world, besides

Spoiler:

IIRC A servant can be particularly disobedient or even harmful to their master even while they still have their command seals - "Servants" are more of partners in seeking the Grail than actual underlings.

Sort of like a "Ministra Magi" in Negima, but no kiss?
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 19:07   Link #72
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

ahhh ... i was trying to post this in the Q and A. i have no idea how i got mixed up and posted it here, please one of the mods move my post. sorry to anyone who i might have spoiled. complete accident
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 22:19   Link #73
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

We get to see a sexy glimpse of rider xD!
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 22:43   Link #74
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
Liked the episode, nice to see more of Rider. I'm sure the next episode is going to be really interesting.
Eclipse just released a HD version of Episode 1...how much a diffrence is there? Though I think I'll find out really soon xD
Old 2006-02-05, 22:46   Link #75
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Spoiler:
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 22:53   Link #76
molitar

Ok my take on this episode.. Rin was trying to protect Shirou for if he is not going to take the war seriously she will remove him from the battle.. thereby protecting him. She said it herself that it would not kill him but would definitely put him out of commission. Now Shirou is naive and doesn't want to consider her an enemy and tries to joke about seeing under her skirt, ect to get her out of her attacking mood.. of course that just got her blood a boiling.. he's not very smart when it comes to woman it seems.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 23:01   Link #77
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

HighDef Version looks a bit better, and it's a bit larger. Need to get a TV-Tuner card so I can watch it on my HDTV D:
Old 2006-02-06, 01:27   Link #78
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I run a projector w/ 1024x768 DLP
Old 2006-02-06, 01:34   Link #79
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
I run a projector w/ 1024x768 DLP
huh????

Oh... nvm...

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 02:53   Link #80
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Rin gets a +10 in this episode for me. Not because more of her 'tsundere' personality coming out, but because she's finally starting to get her sense back (and for Archer doing that, he gets +10 as well). She might have helped Shirou before, but she's starting to get serious with the war.

Still, I find she's not serious enough yet. Considering her experience with magic, I don't think she would've missed Shirou after so many tries if she really wanted to hit him. Not to mention that if she really wanted to kill Emiya, why not get Archer to go in a nearby rooftop and snipe Shirou from afar? She KNOWS he's in school after all.

Methinks she's missing on purpose, and probably for the same reason why she saved/helped him in the first place. I know it's going to come in full force in the future, but I'm glad to see that Rin's internal dilemma is rearing its ugly head even now so that it's properly foreshadowed.

I found Rin's attempts to 'kill' Shirou to be very halfhearted indeed in this episode. This was brought out especially by her conversation with Archer on the rooftops, when he asked what she'd do when she saw Emiya next. Her response, especially in how she made it, sounds like she was trying to convice both herself and Archer. She seems rather defensive towards Archer, regardiing her intentions towards Shirou.

The encounter she did have with Shirou (both passing him in the corridor and then the Fight Scene™) reinforced this to me - she was trying to prove to herself (or perhaps to Archer) that she could kill, or at least attack, Shirou. She wasn't seriously trying to kill him, if she was she'd have done so rather easily. She was more trying to force herself to believe that she could kill him. And by the way her face was acting during the battle, and her voice, as well as how she responded to Archer - sorry dearheart, you'll have to try better than that to convince me you're serious.

Still. Fun episode. About a 7.5 - more a 7 than an 8 for me (on one watch through) so that's what it gets. I think the distorted animation of the 'stair jumping', amusing as it was situationally, did lose something there for me. I know the scene was being a tad silly, but, enough is sometimes too much.

-Andiyar