AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Hyouka - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 25 30.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 47.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-21, 18:41   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Hyouka - Episode 14 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hyouka, Episode 14.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-07-22, 14:02   Link #2
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for Episode 14 of Hyouka:
Old 2012-07-22, 17:50   Link #3
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Element change! Oh goodness, why did they have to reference that burning plane wreck?

Gotta say though, this has been one of my favorite episodes so far. Chitanda gets tips from the empress on how to ensnare men. Oreki gets to experience the festival from inside his booth. It's just some of the most fun I've had with school life anime.

I'm wondering what the bake sale members would use a gun for though lol.
Old 2012-07-22, 17:58   Link #4
Blaat

I've got to say this arc is the best thing Kyoani has ever produced.
Old 2012-07-22, 18:03   Link #5
Calca
Expressionless

I've seen stranger things traded to and for in RPGs I guess.
Old 2012-07-22, 18:09   Link #6
ellessarr
Banned

amazing ep, lol chitand show her hipnotic eyers power works on everyone not just oreki, and i think she dont need learn how to gamble ppls to help u(her "gee power" eye already overpower to do this), and finally mayaka raises a flag on fukube, chitand and oreki already making a parade of flags between then, that ep was amazing, and the girls on manga club still using mayaka to do the entertaiment without her notice was really fun and finally the trade game of oreki looks like finaly finish with him get something really helpfull to the club, amazing episode.

edit: and again she showing her superhumans senses(can hear oreki's voice beyound the festival sounds).
Old 2012-07-22, 18:26   Link #7
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Greatest cooking episode ever! I love how while the last arc focused mostly on Houtarou, he takes a backseat in this arc (although still being entertaining whilst doing so and contributing when necessary) so the other club members can shine.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-07-22, 18:41   Link #8
justsomeguy

This was the last show where I would expect an Aquarion reference.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-07-22, 18:53   Link #9
Pen3

I am starting to think Chitanda really does have autism...
Old 2012-07-22, 19:03   Link #10
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Team Astronomy members are truly scary wwwwwwwww Peeling bananas like a boss.
PONYTAIL CHITANDA YES
The cooking club member with the mask is friggin awesome.
Team Classics Club definitely has the best team work. You could tell that the audience was only cheering for them.
Mayaka you're so cute in that dress.
I'M CURIOUS! I laughed so hard when Eru said her catch phrase and even more when the cooking club guy said it.
Oreki trades his way up again.

There are probably dozens of references that I missed.

I love this arc so much.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2012-07-22 at 19:13.
Old 2012-07-22, 19:03   Link #11
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice assist from Houtarou. The thief strikes again.
Old 2012-07-22, 19:05   Link #12
Excorsism

Oh boy, Mayaka was so happy when she saw Satoshi being happy. How are you not on top of that Satoshi?

Loved the support from Oreki, guess all the revolving goods left with Oreki was put to good use! Also lol'd at Tomokazu Sugita's 気になります!.
Old 2012-07-22, 19:31   Link #13
sikvod00

Ah, Kanae Itou, you can come trick-or-treating at my door anytime...
Next week looks like the official start of the mystery in this arc. Ehhh??? Let's hope it doesn't diminish how fun these last few episodes have been.
Old 2012-07-22, 19:58   Link #14
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...who would have thought that a cooking competition would be so exciting...
...nice to see everyone contributing even oreki as backup support...
...to think that if his sister didnt give him that pen he wouldnt have had the flour...

...and that sawakiguchi misaki of the astronomy club what were they cooking up? ...mystery food X-2?
Old 2012-07-22, 20:05   Link #15
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Ah, Kanae Itou, you can come trick-or-treating at my door anytime...
Next week looks like the official start of the mystery in this arc. Ehhh??? Let's hope it doesn't diminish how fun these last few episodes have been.
I knew she sounded familiar. Btw anyone knows who was the seiyuu for the cooking club pres (the guy with the glasses and moustache)? He sounded familiar too.
Old 2012-07-22, 20:30   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh dear god the hypnotoad Chitanda getting tips on psychological manipulation from Irisu. The most terrifying existence on the planet could be born. Though frankly I don't think she even needs the advice considering she stared Irisu into helping her. At least they got some copies in with the movie club though frankly after all that happened they should have just made the movie club cover some of the copies themselves.

The cooking competition was great fun though. Satoshi was fine, but Chitanda and the others stole the show there. Chitanda just burning through all the ingredients unable to stop herself. I guess being really good at something can be a negative since she could quickly make something and move on unlike Satoshi who only finished one dish. She probably would have been perfect as the third member since she could just cook until she had nothing left.

Nice job by Oreki helping to save the day. I thought the trading game might continue, but in the end that pen actually helped his team win. A good victory I have to say. That shouting was actually a bit of work for someone like Houtarou. In a sense he put his own effort in on this match. Good save by Mayaka to manage with what she had there. Even more fun having her yell at the officials demanding a ladle . Glad for Mayaka who seemed overjoyed at Satoshi's praise at the end there. Can also see her sense of perfectionism since even after winning she wasn't completely happy with her dish.

So overall a good episode. Some nice fun and the mystery has increased. Houtarou really isn't close to being done now with everyone ready to bring mysteries to his front door. Will be interesting to see how this goes down considering he may not be up for solving things after the last incident.
Old 2012-07-22, 20:45   Link #17
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

That was great. It was really exciting and there was a nice sense of tension. KyoAni needs to do more game-show shows .
Old 2012-07-22, 21:44   Link #18
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Every time someone new shows up in the Classics Club room to continue Oreki's chain of trades, I start grinning like a maniac. I guess that was the culmination (though the cooking victory will probably feed into the overall story of his accidental school festival adventure) but honestly, if it continued for the rest of the season I would be delighted.

Oh God, Irisu is trying to savvy up the Hypnotanda. I think it's funny how Eru used her magic "please" eyes and Irisu immediately identified her true power.

Mayaka's private celebration when Satoshi praised her was so stinkin' adorable. She really does have the best facials in the whole show.

I loved everything about this episode, but the story of Oreki's involuntary adventure is what keeps me coming back.
Old 2012-07-22, 21:54   Link #19
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

The Halloween girls were adorable. Alot of what was said earlier I agree with on the adorable scale. The music made the show seem very movie like at times. Okay, I missed the note part on ep.13. D'oh!

Last edited by pagan poor; 2012-07-24 at 00:05.
Old 2012-07-22, 21:57   Link #20
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I knew she sounded familiar. Btw anyone knows who was the seiyuu for the cooking club pres (the guy with the glasses and moustache)? He sounded familiar too.
As mentioned above, that was Tomokazu Sugita. His responses were pretty wacky from the subs.
Closed Thread