AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 10 21.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 23.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 23.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 21.74%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-14, 06:28   Link #21
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Certainly reminds me of this card:

Old 2009-03-14, 22:09   Link #22
Tarepandax3

Has anyone been able to find a subbed version of thisx_x been looking forever.
Tarepandax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 05:55   Link #23
Bordix

Nice to see Anti skills up on their feet especially after last episode, where they pathetically got owned by their own bomb.
Quote:
If anything, it's "Go Sherry". She took a punch to the face that sent her flying and was still able to make that rune for her escape. Then was able enough to attempt to attack Index who we finally saw a little bit of what she's capable of.
One thing is for sure, Sherry is sturdier than Styll (man that uppercut made sherry go 360)

Quote:
So I also say "Go Index!". Take that detractors who said she was useless. She did more damage to that thing than Touma did
Index only inflicted minor damage while Touma completely wrecked that thing.

Those pins are dangerous...

edit: on a side note
If Mikoto and Index were really fellin that hot, they could have just went under the bridge for shade across the street and did they really need to que in the IB sound effect when Touma punched Cromwell? It's not like he negated something.

Last edited by Bordix; 2009-03-15 at 06:43.
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 08:06   Link #24
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
edit: on a side note
If Mikoto and Index were really fellin that hot, they could have just went under the bridge for shade across the street and did they really need to que in the IB sound effect when Touma punched Cromwell? It's not like he negated something.
You forget the familiar is essentially a remote controlled robot. Punching the caster does have an effect.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 09:11   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yay, so the subs are finally out, and all I can say is-

GO INDEX!! WOOT! After the Necklace program was destroyed by Touma from way back, I never thought I would be using the adjective 'cool' to describe her, but man that was an awesome display, knowledge is power! I don't care what anyone else says, Index + New insert song, won the episode for me.

P.S - Oh yeah, nice little work there by Antiskill and Touma but you know... >.>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 09:36   Link #26
ReddyRedWolf

Would Necessarius really risk war with Espers? Or is it Sherry's real target is the so called Kamijou Forces?

Are they afraid of Touma's power or his ability to make friends?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 11:37   Link #27
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Despite loving (visually) Hyouka, I'll subscribe to the majority's opinion that her story was rather weak. That put aside, I loved how Index dealt with the golem; though I did not understood the whole thing with the pins. I'll wait for the normal subs, since the speed-subs that are out weren't at all that enlightening

Also I wonder if on the novels the storytelling is paced the same way as in the anime. J.C.Stuff should really work on this, like Zero (all seasons) and Shana (2nd season) storytelling and pacing were all over the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I'll bet their target is his harem-building power
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 11:40   Link #28
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Also I wonder if on the novels the storytelling is paced the same way as in the anime. J.C.Stuff should really work on this, like Zero (all seasons) and Shana (2nd season) storytelling and pacing were all over the place
Poor pacing is normally the fault of the series composer, which with JC Staff shows is normally a freelancer who is unaffiliated with the studio, rather than the animation studio itself.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 12:43   Link #29
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Index fighting back, woot! Her moe meter just shot up 10 fold today. (Drools at her loli thighs before being locked up by the FBI. x_X )

Poor Hyouka, she can never touch Touma, lest Touma accidentally erase her existence altogether.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 13:57   Link #30
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
They're afraid because he now has control over 103.000 grimoires and tomes, and they don't know what he's planning with them. Then he started gathering powerful Psychics around him (Mikoto, and by extension the mass army of Misaka's as well) which made their already paranoid minds believe he was planning to form an army bent on destroying them.

Paranoia is a powerful mistress.

So, yes, basically they're afraid of his power to make friends. Cause said friends often happen to be very powerful people they either like to keep control over or like to keep away from their plans at all cost.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 14:42   Link #31
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I knew there was some great misfortune in his Haremastery, and this puts it into clear perspective. =3
Old 2009-03-15, 16:04   Link #32
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Whatever index was doing, it was pretty cool. Magic is constantly channeled both subconciously and conciously(i dont see many shows where magic acts independently). So i would assume spell interuption is possible, of course, youd have to know the innerworkings of the magic being disrupted to an exact detail, and she just happens to be her own library, so i guess it can make sense.

Anywho, she finally shines, although she does have pretty selfish reasoning (convo with biri biri) This kills her likeability factor, but eh, atleast we know she has the capability to not be useless.

Needs more Himegami.

anyway, Mikoto Misaka was great again, anyone taking any bets on whether or not she kills murders Toma after this arc?

I hope index gets to see Biri Biri in action eventually, and this series doesnt fall off when she's used alot either.

EDIT : Though I suppose the magic WAS converted to act independently in the end so she couldnt disrupt it, this probably makes it easier to fool though.

EDIT 2: Since I am to lazy to read the first page, I see there was a very accurate explanation. To combo both explanations, think word suggestion in psychology with her interrupting the flow of data beteween the golem and the magician. Im sure there are variants that use magic power, but she didnt need any because she had already manually(or automatically within her head) deciphered what kind of process the magicians transmissions took and used the power of suggestion in a way thay penetrated the spell. She never had "complete" control though, it was slight and only used in key situations to cause it to lose balance.
Make sense? No? You're already weird if you understand me.

EDIT 3: I cant believe none of you corrected me on Misaka's name, I was thinking School Days lol

Last edited by alu546; 2009-03-16 at 16:43.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 16:52   Link #33
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Beware Biri Biri's jealousy.

And Index's voodoo safety pins.
Old 2009-03-15, 17:11   Link #34
Midonin
Last Engage

Mami Kawada insert song + Index fighting + Touma making an epic heroic speech = yes!

This episode was pretty fun to watch. Also, I'm surprised at myself for not realizing that was Kana Asumi voicing Hyouka. I need to get better at picking up on her voice when she's not Yuno.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 18:24   Link #35
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
But Index is a completely useless marshmallow
Expecting this episode hoping to change what I thought of Index but I was wrong, after her "great" fight with her "great" power (go left go right, the next what is? Jump? God, this is surely a depressing lame power) the only thing that I've seen is her call "Touma" (our favorite super-hero) xDD For this season surely a useless, worthless chara.
Well, once again we see a good fight against the golem and Touma's falcon punch
Old 2009-03-15, 19:32   Link #36
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Ehh so we actually get some index in action. Totally unexpected. Other than that, nothing really worth mentioning that was good. Oh, insert song was rather good, compared to OP/ED. And.. right, that ridiculous fighting style of Touma, to make everything harder for himself with some weird logic (?). I mean, come on! You can stop and destroy a golem's punch! Surely you must be crazy to not do that. And that Hyouka's story was... odd. So she can change things just by her will? I didn't really get what all that stuff was about.
Old 2009-03-15, 20:30   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
I mean, come on! You can stop and destroy a golem's punch! Surely you must be crazy to not do that.
I believe it's safe to say that Touma's plan was to take out the caster instead of the golem, which makes more sense cause you know, the golem can re-gen and all...

He just didn't count on Sherry to be slightly hardier than his previous mages, as well as an abnormal drawing speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
And that Hyouka's story was... odd. So she can change things just by her will? I didn't really get what all that stuff was about.
Something about her originating from a seperate dimension or something where she can alter things by her own will, and only now was she able to step out of that world.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 20:35   Link #38
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Something about her originating from a seperate dimension or something where she can alter things by her own will, and only now was she able to step out of that world.
But it happened after she touched the Walking Church. So is that thing totally or partially disabled?
Old 2009-03-15, 21:02   Link #39
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But it happened after she touched the Walking Church. So is that thing totally or partially disabled?
Or, alternatively, after she touched Index (Walking Church being entirely incidental). Maybe she had never tried touching a non-esper before?
Old 2009-03-15, 21:08   Link #40
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I believe it's safe to say that Touma's plan was to take out the caster instead of the golem, which makes more sense cause you know, the golem can re-gen and all...
Well, how about take down the golem and then take down the caster? No matter how fast she can write, I think Touma can catch up to her before she finishes. And even if she does finish before Touma gets to her, he can just rinse and repeat. And as she said herself, she can't make more than one golem at a time, so I don't think it will be that hard. I mean, it would be much more easier this way, but eh, whatever, I'm good since I got some Index action.