AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2009-05-23, 19:58   Link #141
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Since this is now the general discussion thread I want to put something in perspective for people who have not read the manga but who have just watched the first anime.

The first anime covered roughly 30 chapters of material. Even within those 30 chapters I would say starting at around chapter 17 you start seeing major differences between the first anime and manga storyline.

So people who think the same scenes from the 1st anime are being rushed. Well in a way they are because the anime is adapting 2 chapters into 1 episode (except the Nina episode) and this is causing things to be a little rushed and scenes to be skipped from the manga. But still it is also not as rushed as you might think because the 1st anime extended a lot of the manga scenes because they had limited material to work with. They even took one storyline from the Fullmetal Alchemist novels and added it into the anime so they can have more material.

But you know what the manga is currently at 95 chapters and still ongoing. That is over 65 chapters of material that has never been animated before by the first series. Keep in mind that the first anime only covered 30 chapters of the manga (not counting their own stuff that they did since the 1st anime eventually goes in a completely different direction from the manga).
I thought as much them rushing it to get to a mid point of what was not covered well in the first show. I just hope this is able to do it all in 26 eps it just feels like its going to be 2X series...I hope I am wrong...
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 20:00   Link #142
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
I thought as much them rushing it to get to a mid point of what was not covered well in the first show. I just hope this is able to do it all in 26 eps it just feels like its going to be 2X series...I hope I am wrong...

What makes you say they will have to do it all in 26 episodes? There has been no confirmed episode count as of yet for this series.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 20:04   Link #143
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
What makes you say they will have to do it all in 26 episodes? There has been no confirmed episode count as of yet for this series.
Gut feeling, I suppose the gut feeling comes from how they are pacing things but like you said they are setting it up so they can take their time on the later stuff that was not done well the frist time around, but it is one of the top grossing mangas and the first TV series did do well so hopefully I am dead wrong.

Last edited by ZippyDSM; 2009-05-23 at 21:15.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 04:50   Link #144
Vicious108

26 episodes would be absolutely impossible and no way would they even bother to make this series in the first place if it was just going to be that.

Especially since the new manga-only material should begin by around episode 15 or so.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 04:53   Link #145
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It's most definitely at least a year long series.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 05:16   Link #146
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Agreed. I believe there's no chance at all that Brotherhood will be anything under 50 episodes.
Old 2009-05-25, 12:29   Link #147
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Just a quick question, let's say... if the manga would stop now, how many episode would be needed for a genuine, satisfying adaptation?
I mean genuine, whereas we keep the current quick pace until we see totally new content (ergo where the story fully diverges from the first series), and let's presume the story would slow down a bit there. 52? Or more?

Also if I'm here in the general discussion thread, I wish we could transfer Major Armstrong to Sengoku Barsara! He definitely has the GAR requirement to qualify for that show, and only Takeda Shingen can be compared with him in manliness.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 13:15   Link #148
Vicious108

They could do it in 52 episodes, but for a "genuine, satisfying adaptation" I'd say something like 74 episodes, like Monster, would be neccessary. Who knows if we'll get that, though.

Though that question doesn't mean much in the end, seeing as it's impossible for the manga to stop right where it is now.
Old 2009-05-25, 14:03   Link #149
GaimeGuy

I would say around ~64/65 eps would be just right. That would give them about 50 episodes to cover everything from dublith to the end of the manga.

75 eps would make sense if they didn't mind maintaining a slightly slower pace for the stuff that was retreaded (and didn't cut some partsout, either.... ie: the youswell mines chapter and the train chapter, or the banter with Ed and Roy)
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 06:32   Link #150
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Just a quick question, let's say... if the manga would stop now, how many episode would be needed for a genuine, satisfying adaptation?
I mean genuine, whereas we keep the current quick pace until we see totally new content (ergo where the story fully diverges from the first series), and let's presume the story would slow down a bit there. 52? Or more?
That really depends what a "genuine, satisftying adaptation" is. The current pace is not really as rushed as some people make it out to be, since the episode have been fine. There are obviously things being omitted from the manga, but there is also original content being added throughout, so it's a trade-off that needs things fresh.

If we go by the current pace of 1.5 to 2 chapters per episode, to get to chapter 95 which the manga is at now, it would take 48 episodes. If BONES is indeed attempting to do it in 51 episodes, that would leave 3 more episodes, and assuming the manga ends in 6 months at chapter 101, it can still be done.

Now that there are rumors of 60+ episodes being planned for the show, it probably means that they have an extra 12-14 episodes to slow down the pacing with. But it might also mean the manga will be longer than expected.

If the series is 50-52 episodes, it will end by the end of March 2010. Assuming the manga continues to run monthly in Gangan with no breaks, the March issue would be chapter 105. Since the anime will probably not be allowed to use the ending before the manga is done serializing, that means the maximum number of chapters would be 105 for a 50-52 ep anime.

On the other hand, if the series is 63-65 episodes, then it would end at the end of June 2010. Meaning the maximum number of chapters for the manga would be 108 chapters. Of course that is assuming they plan on having the manga and the anime end in the same month for dramatic purposes. None of this would matter if the manga actually ends before March next year.
Old 2009-05-29, 11:16   Link #151
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Just a heads up, I changed the thread title from FMA 2 confirmed to FMA Brotherhood General Discussion.

Carry on.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 19:33   Link #152
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Seems like Newtype has announced the OP and ED for the next season starting in July.

OP: "Hologram" by NICO Touches the Walls

ED: "LET IT OUT" by Miho Fukuhara
Old 2009-06-07, 03:21   Link #153
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Has anyone heard anything by these groups in the past?
Old 2009-06-07, 10:22   Link #154
Vicious108

They did the 6th ED for Naruto Shippuuden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5XK6RNhtWM
Old 2009-06-08, 01:30   Link #155
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Has anyone heard anything by these groups in the past?
Here's the two singles released by Miho Fukuhara already this year, Hanabi Sky and Yuki No Hikari.

Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 06:38   Link #156
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks for the videos guys. I kinda know what to expect now.

Cdjapan tells us that the third DVD volume will include a drama CD. Makes me wonder if this is where we'll find the Black Hayate story, or if it'll be a complete new story.
Old 2009-06-08, 19:20   Link #157
GaimeGuy

Black Hayate is the 3rd best subordinate of mustang's (next to havoc and hawkeye)
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 12:37   Link #158
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.hagaren.jp/

The official site has a new teaser trailer for the DVD/Blu-ray release. First footage of the Blind Alchemist OVA and the 4koma Theatre extras.

Also see: http://www.hagaren.jp/products/dvd.html
Old 2009-06-12, 15:14   Link #159
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my, the 4-koma animated looks so damn epic. I'm pretty sure Arakawa is going to love them.

The Blind Alchemist OVA looks like it'll be pretty decent. Look forward to that.
Old 2009-06-12, 21:20   Link #160
Vicious108

So Ed and Al are actually part of the Blind Alchemist story? Never read it, thought it'd be completely unrelated to the main story/characters.

Tags
adventure, shounen