AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 7 12.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 16.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 23.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 7.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-06, 17:16   Link #21
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
lol. Ok. But it's Dniv...
Too positive!
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 17:19   Link #22
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Too positive!
Everyone has their own opinions about the show. She just made her's clear
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 17:21   Link #23
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Everyone has their own opinions about the show. She just made her's clear
Of course. It's unfortunate it picked up... 3 episodes before(?) its end though.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 17:25   Link #24
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Of course. It's unfortunate it picked up... 3 episodes before(?) its end though.
In this case, with the limited amount of time there is, I will admit that may be true, but who knows they might surprise us. (like they usually do)

I want to say I watched Index season I first and then I watched railgun I ... at that point I was hooked onto raildex so people can criticize it, but those two shows which I first saw 6 months ago were what have made me in the past 6 months read/watch everything in the franchise that I could so IMO it's good.
Old 2013-09-07, 00:20   Link #25
rladls716

So if there's a Railgun III season, then will anime original arc start again after main story arc?
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 00:55   Link #26
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
So if there's a Railgun III season, then will anime original arc start again after main story arc?
Most likely, but speculation doesn't really fit in the episode discussion though if you just want to talk about general details: most likely.
Old 2013-09-07, 05:40   Link #27
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Better. Much better.

Not only has the quality of the storyline improved dramatically, but it's even gone some lengths into addressing my biggest gripes with the previous arc. I was just about ready to write this arc off last episode but my faith has been restored now.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 07:17   Link #28
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Awesome ending- And sheeeeeee is baaaack!
Among the billion questions about this arc that are rolling around in my head begging to be answered, here is a major one I'm just going to put out there:
If Nunotaba really was the one to give Febli information/ knowledge about Mikoto, why was Febli so scared of her when she first met her? Is she secretly working against those scientists and rebelling, or was telling Febli about Mikoto part of their plan in the first place? I wonder, I wonder! Well, guess we might find out next episode... Urgh, a week of patience... DX

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 08:20   Link #29
eavein18

This chapter... I give a 1 and a 10

10 for the epic-ness (even though no action scene happens)

1 for the 'forced' and eye-brow raising stuff
(like Misaka decided to tell everyone about the condition after hearing Kongou's speech. The Misaka I know won't do that, or at the very least, only Kuroko would know, but here she tells everyone *even Mii*)

My guess is that Nunotaba is blackmailed into helping STUDY.

But since she herself cannot search for help, she decide to secretly let Febri run while implanting the name "Misaka Mikoto' in hope that someway or another, Febri would find Mikoto.

When she did, Mikoto would find something 'wrong' and connected it with the SISTER and by proxy, Nutoba and STUDY, destroy STUDY and help/free Nutoba from the STUDY.

The end.
Old 2013-09-07, 10:00   Link #30
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I liked this episode a lot. It elevated this arc above the "filler" category. It hooked in with previous arcs, and gave Mikoto important character development at what seems to be a natural point in her story.

So what if it complicates canon a bit. This is an adaptation, and one of the flaws in the original canon was the way certain character development didn't take place when it should naturally occur. This is an improvement in my mind. Sure it complicates some future stuff, but not as badly as some people are complaining.

I did knock it down to a 9 because the Kongou line felt a little forced, and because I think it would have been better character development for Mikoto to still try and shield her circle of younger friends from this. Maybe just involving Kongou or something. Slow but gradual character development would have been better I think (and ease the integration with future stories).

So it's not that I don't get the criticisms. Simply that I don't think it's this disaster that so many seem to see.

Also, I agree with the above that something like that is probably Nunotaba's plan.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2013-09-07 at 21:44. Reason: Corrected a typo
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 10:11   Link #31
Draco Spirit

A nice episode, through there writing themselves into a bit of a corner concerning cannon latter.

7/10
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 11:25   Link #32
leukrota

I would have used a different argument to involve Mikoto's friends.

Simply recognizing that they would stay near Febri anyway, and that Febri was in the middle of the mess, it would be reasonable to fill them in to some extent so they wouldn't be caught unaware.

But then how else would they forcefully insert the "friendship" theme?

That aside... I guess it wasn't that bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eavein18 View Post
My guess is that Nunotaba is blackmailed into helping STUDY.
Dunno about blackmail, but some form of cohersion is likely.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 11:44   Link #33
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

I have a theory that those nerds that are the antagonists of this arc work for Kongou's fathers company. That blink and you'll miss it moment when the camera zooms in on the concealed logo of her fathers corporation was a dead giveaway.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 13:09   Link #34
Kyouka
Is Here

mugino fan service next week yes gimmie now pls
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 13:37   Link #35
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Episode 21 is truly a dark episode.

Febri is an artificial human but because of the way she was made, her body secretes poison which her lolipops she licks are actually neutralizing it.

Mikoto decides to ask her friends for help who agree despite warnings that they are facing the underworld of Academy City. STUDY tries to cover up anything related to them so Febri will die but Yomikawa gives Mikoto a capsule containing a strand of hair from the mech that attack her.

Heaven's Canceler reveals the hair is actually from Febri's older sister but with the lolipops she has, Febri has 72 hours to live. To save Febri and find the people who created her, Heaven's Canceler arranges Mikoto to meet the one perosn who has connection with the underworld, the Big Bad of the 1st season of Railgun, Therestina!
Old 2013-09-07, 14:23   Link #36
Primary Consult

I don't quite understand why the poll results were all over the place for this episode. Based on that I went in thinking it would suck, and ended up watching one of the best anime-original Railgun episodes yet. I know there's a few people who complain when the series gets dark, but almost *every* Railgun arc is ultimately dark.

As for revealing things to her friends:
1. She only revealed *some* things.
2. She initially only revealed them to Kuroko. Who, as a judgement member probably recommended bringing in Konori and Uiharu. Saten is the closest to Febli and is the type to get herself into trouble when left out of the loop so she had to be included as well. The only questionable reveal was Kongou and the rest of the "B team" but even then, since they were the only ones to have seen someone directly involved in the project, it couldn't be helped.

It looks like they're setting up for "Tokiwadai espers versus technology" which sounds pretty awesome.

And that preview... more ITEM==WIN. I'm kindof hoping to see ITEM and the Railgun four cross paths as allies... but maybe that's a bit too much.

I did have one complaint... I thought at the end of Railgun 1 ep 24, Telestina's left arm was destroyed by the destruction of the weapon (see here). I didn't think the doc would be inclined to help out an evil bitch mastermind with some grade A prosthetics...
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 14:39   Link #37
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Heaven's Canceler arranges Mikoto to meet the one perosn who has connection with the underworld, the Big Bad of the 1st season of Railgun, Therestina!
Now that I think about it, I wonder why he chose Therestina...
Spoiler for about Heaven Canceller:

@Primary Consult - She is still a Kihara, even while imprisioned she should be able to get whatever medical care she needs/wants. But besides that, Heaven Canceller will save anyone who comes to him as long as it's within his power (which is considerable). He takes his role as a doctor very seriously.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 14:43   Link #38
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
2. She initially only revealed them to Kuroko.
That was already too much, considering future arcs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
And that preview... more ITEM==WIN. I'm kindof hoping to see ITEM and the Railgun four cross paths as allies... but maybe that's a bit too much.
Oh god, no.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 15:40   Link #39
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I like this turn of events a lot actually. It brings good news for the future of railgun. Trusting her friends to tell them about the existence of dark organizations is a huge step forward. This is a huge development if you ask me. And anyway for all the people complaining about how this is a horrible development, stop complaining. This is pretty much the biggest event in all of Railgun S in terms of plot in this new arc, so I'm very excited about it. Kamachi knows what he's doing because he came up with the plot for this arc. This is great news IMO.
Old 2013-09-07, 17:21   Link #40
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

While this episode may have been better than some of the recent episodes they are also contradicting canon and messing up some of the characters' personalities. I can't really see Heaven Canceller so easily helping kids get involved with dark side of Academy City, he should be trying to keep them out of it and not to mention Mikoto telling the others about it.
pkmntrainer7 is offline   Reply With Quote