AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-02-12, 17:53   Link #21
addict131

dude, i was talking about in the story, not real greek mythology, in the story, those are the twelve gods.

yeh, i know zeus and chaos aren't official, but since they're making a movie after the hades chapter, as a continuation of the series, it's now official... lol
addict131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 20:06   Link #22
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by addict131
dude, i was talking about in the story, not real greek mythology, in the story, those are the twelve gods.

yeh, i know zeus and chaos aren't official, but since they're making a movie after the hades chapter, as a continuation of the series, it's now official... lol
And I'm talking about the story too
You may know Saint Seiya follows a lot of mythologies, having the Greek/Roman one as its basis. So, the 12 Higher Gods in Greek Mythology are the 12 Higher Gods in Saint Seiya.
You're just assuming they're Higher Gods without any facts at all. They were never said to be a god- just to be as strong as a God.

And Loki_Sama, no, Abel isn't a High God. The mythological Abel isn't even a Greek god. He's the most important God of Babilonia: Phoebos Abel. So, the Saint Seiya Abel is a just an anime-made character, based on a Babilonian God. He's not a Greek god. And no, he wasn't Athena's brother.

Also, the official continuation is the movie, not the doujin manga. It's obvious why. And of course the movie isn't based on those chapters
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 20:11   Link #23
S7EV3n
Music is my LIFE~!

I would like to see some Romance between Seiya and Athena in the MOVIE
>.<
someone please SUB It
S7EV3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 20:43   Link #24
Shift_

bejebus this anime is ANCIENT

It's acctually airing on TV as Knights of the Zodiac...the dub is soooooooo horrid.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 20:50   Link #25
ShinDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
bejebus this anime is ANCIENT

It's acctually airing on TV as Knights of the Zodiac...the dub is soooooooo horrid.
There are 2 version for the dubbing.
Knights of the Zodiac = TV version, yes, it's really bad.
Saint Seiya = DVD version, different voice actors, way better dubbing.

I don't know why they even bother to realease the "Knights of the Zodiac" on DVD.
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 02:37   Link #26
addict131

u really think they're just gonna make up a new story?
they're gonna base the movie on the doujins, ya know
pretty much the author of the doujins made the story in a way that the original author of the saint seiya series intended it to end.

plus, seiya died, it's a fact, and it's lame that he got revived
it's in both the movie and doujins obviously...

and everything else is gonna be the same too

tenkaihen already exists, and they're gonan make the movie like the doujins...

doesnt matter if their kamui is chosen by zeus or not, zeus leads them in the end, thus the 12 gods include the bronze knights

im not talking about gods of olympus, im talking about the little zeus squad
addict131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 22:42   Link #27
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Attention Fans of Saint Seiya! (If there are any in this forum :(

The 14th wasn't only a day for lovers but it was also the day in which the fifth historical film of Saint Seiya was shown in Japan. It means that we are just a few days away from watching this movie through the Internet! I don't know what impact did the movie make on the Japanese audience (But I'm praying for it to be good) I will provide more information once the movie gets fansubbed

Here are some pictures taken from the movie:

How nostalgic it is to see Saint Seiya once again one of my childhood animes and the best anime ever created...
Old 2004-02-16, 22:53   Link #28
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Yeah! I can't wait to see it!

It's rather depressing how DiC trashed Saint Seiya like that. It deserves soo much more.

Shouldn't the fansub groups wait till a dvd is released so they can have a decent raw?
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 01:29   Link #29
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Shouldn't the fansub groups wait till a dvd is released so they can have a decent raw?
If they cna get it sooner, then they won't nessecerally care. DVDs take "time" and "patience", which some just plain ol' aren't interested in.

Still, looks like a good flick. I'm enjoying the series despite it not being part of my Childhood nostalgia.
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 15:57   Link #30
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
It means that we are just a few days away from watching this movie through the Internet! I don't know what impact did the movie make on the Japanese audience (But I'm praying for it to be good)
It did modestly well. The main audience were people in the early-to-mid twenties like me, who grew up watching Saint Seiya as a child.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 17:20   Link #31
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
It did modestly well. The main audience were people in the early-to-mid twenties like me, who grew up watching Saint Seiya as a child.
YOU DID!!!??? Tell me! (no well tell us) how did SS do? Do you think SS is going to be as good as it always was? or do you think that it is going down? (I hope not) But, I remenber that the other movies were really bad. They were too repetitive. I hope this one doesn't have the same problems as the previous movies which are:

1. Atena gets kidnaped.
2. Her saints go to rescue her.
3. The enemy is impossible to defeat.
4. They are nearly about to die.
5. Then a miracle happen.
6. Seiya puts on his gold cloth.
7. He uses his gold arrow.
8. They live happy ever after @_@

Oh please god don't tell me that the same thing happened again...

Ah, by the way the movies are not nearly compared to the tv series. They weren't produced by the creator of SS.
Old 2004-02-17, 18:18   Link #32
Baba
Grouky Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Baba Send a message via MSN to Baba
I look forward to watching that, it'll be fun seeing a whole new Saint Seya story after so much time.
As many, Saint Seya is just a part of my chidhood and I can't watch it without feeling a pang of nostalgy.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 22:51   Link #33
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Here I have some songs from this anime. They are in midi format lol so I hope that you don't mind. I got them from my old web site.
I hope that I can make you remenber the good times with this music They are pretty good songs.

http://galeon.com/seya12/musica/Pega...troduccion.mid

http://galeon.com/seya12/musica/abel.mid

http://galeon.com/seya12/musica/athena.mid

http://galeon.com/seya12/musica/asgardwar.mid

http://galeon.com/seya12/musica/sanctuary.mid

http://galeon.com/seya12/musica/Finaleabel.mid

http://galeon.com/seya12/musica/mime.mid

http://galeon.com/seya12/musica/soldier.mid

http://galeon.com/seya12/musica/ikki.mid

Well, I found a small fragment from the movie, it has subtittles in English and it is pretty interesting.

4.70mb
http://cyna.net/IMG/torrent/tenkai-toma-us.torrent

Just go down until you find the file with a picture of book.

Seiya vs Toma (English)
DivX 5.0.3
5mb, 320x240
BitTorrent - 1.6 ko "

I hope you like it

sway: double-post merged.

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2004-02-21 at 01:39.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 20:06   Link #34
Kitsuneo

Wink It's only the Overture...

Greetinx!

Let me explain why I think that the Overture OVA will only be the prologue to the Tenkai Hen - Olymp Chapter.
The title Overture can lead you to the conclusion that this movie is only the prelude for the Olymp Chapter, because Overture is a terminus in classical music, naming the opening act of an opera.

I believe that history will repeat itself. Remember the Asgard OVA? Why did they do it? For two reasons:

1) So Kurumada had time to finish the Poseidon Manga
2) To see the reaction of the audience if they introduce Northern Mythology to Saint Seiya

The audience liked the Asgard OVA, so they had a "go" for giving the audience a whole Asgard Chapter. Meanwhile Kurumada had finished the Poseidon Manga, and was even able to begin a whole new chapter of the Manga -the famous Hades Chapter.
Now back to our time. Convert these events to the present time. What do we have? We have half a Hades Chapter OVA series. At first they only did 13 episodes to see the reaction of the audience. Hades was very popular and Saint Seiya reached a whole new generation of fans. Rumors have it that they are even going to produce not as planned 26 episodes, but a total of 39! episodes instead! (Note, this has yet to be confirmed)
Now imho, for two reasons they have done the Overture OVA:

1) to bridge the wait for the second half of the Hades Chapter -the Elysion Hen
2) to see if the audience would like an Olymp Chapter

And now let's take a small glimpse into the future that will happen if my calculations turn out to be right:

While they are showing the Overture OVA, the team is feverishly working on the second half of the Hades Chapter. Meanwhile Kurumada will have started to draw the final chapter of his lifework manga series; namely the Tenkai Hen - Olymp Chapter. By the time the whole 39 episodes will have been aired, Kurumada will also have finished the Olymp Manga, and the team will already have begun to work on the production of the Olymp OVA series.

That would be the perfect happy ending, wouldn't it?
However, it's also possible that Kurumada won't draw the Olymp manga after all. Maybe it will be an anime-only-thing like Asgard. The future will tell...

Once again, this is only my very own opinion of what might happen in the future, I don't want it to be held against me if it doesn't turn out the way I've stated here!

addict131 said:
Quote:
u really think they're just gonna make up a new story? they're gonna base the movie on the doujins, ya know pretty much the author of the doujins made the story in a way that the original author of the saint seiya series intended it to end.
It was only because the success has died down after Asgard that Toei "forced" him to resign from his Masterpiece to create another one. After Poseidon they told him he should hurry up and finish Saint Seiya to begin to work on another hit.
You may or may not know it, but it exists a "secret-episode" called "Do Cvidanija". It is a Drama Track that's 27! minutes long. It's on the Tale of Youth album that came out in 1997. It plays AFTER Hades, and Hyoga speaks with Seiya and says that he has found him and that he shouldn't regret anything.

Quote:
plus, seiya died, it's a fact, and it's lame that he got revived it's in both the movie and doujins obviously..
Shiryu too survived a "sword" in his chest. Remember Excalibur?

Quote:
and everything else is gonna be the same too tenkaihen already exists, and they're gonan make the movie like the doujins..
What makes you think that? I admit that you could fool anyone with the Zeus and Chaos Doujinshis, but the other movies aren't based on fanfics or Doujinshis either. And neither is Overture. On the contrary, I believe that a sophisticated fanfic or fanart could put the creators at stress, because the have to think of other stories and designs to still be original. But I guess that is a little far fetched, but so is your theory of having their story based on a Doujinshi, so hey...

The wait has only just begun...

Cheerz!

:-Daniel
Kitsuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 20:52   Link #35
Kitsuneo

"Do Cvidanija ~ Time of Promise"

Here the summary about the drama track I was talking about:

Tale of Youth produced by Colombia in 1997

"Do Cvidanija ~ Time of Promise"
In the second track of the CD, there is a half hour of Drama Track. The event happens after Hades is defeated and Seiya is alive. The track really deals with memories about the bronze saints and what they have been thru and it ends with a war is about to come....

This track is nice because it has the most characters talking: Seiya, Shiryu, Hyoga, Shun, Ikki, Saori, Shunrei, Miho, Orphan Kids....

----------------------------------------

Drama "Do Cvidanja ~Time of Promise~" summary:

The battle with Hades was over, and Seiya's wound is recovered. He visited the orphange called "Hoshi no Ko Gakuen", which was his childhood home. Miho, who is a day care keeper at the orphange, was very glad to see unharmed Seiya. And the children there were happy to see him. Seiya prmosed that he will have a party with Miho and the children. Giving up life to battles with Gods seemed like a dream as an Athena's Saint. Peaceful and restful time will come.

Shun was looking for his older brother, Ikki. Although Shun couldn't find Ikki, so he came back to see how Seiya's doing.

Shun and Seiya were standing along the beach, where they used to escape from the school, and talked about their life and duty.

The stories of putting one's life at stake, daily hard training, fight against their old pals in the Galaxian war, the battles with Gold Saints in the Sanctuary. And before the wounds heals, there were fight with Poseidon, later the battle with Hades. Shun, who was listening to the stories, suddenly felt lonely. Shun was not sure if Seiya regret to be Athena's Saint, so he felt lonely all in a sudden. Shun was once placed himself to fight against his will to kill many evil opponents because Shun wants to see his older brother, Ikki, again. Even though it keeps peace on earth and that's his fate, Shun still had doubts on rather he had done the right thing or not. During the war, Shun discovered not only the strength of Ikki, also his kindness. And Shun met people like Seiya, Hyoga, Shiryu who he really like to protect.

These are the most valuable to Shun, and so does Seiya. Seiya didn't want to be a Saint, until he met Shiryu, who changed his believe. Later, Seiya realized he is willing give up his life for friends like Shiryu. It's not fully about keeping peach on earth, but also friendships that can be trusted. Being with friends is the only purpose in protecting the world. Since all migthy Gods are enemies, human will have to burn their endlessly powered Cosmo fighting against Gods. In Seiya and Shun's mind, they hear Saori's words from the battle with Hades, "Every human being has love. They can become kind without end because of love also can become strong without ending it."

"The Power of love from the bottom of one's heart is a powerful force, which nothing can replace."

Because of Athena's words, Seiya and other Saints have pride to be Athena's Saints. Also, confidence with hope of this land.

Shiryu and Hyoga and others were wondering how's Ikki. Will we see him again? The words of Hyoga remain in Seiya and Shun's heart, "Do Cvidanja...Seiya and everyone..."

"Do Cvidanja" is not the meaning of "farewell" in Russian. It does not mean "sayonara" nor "goodbye"...it is a kinda of promise meaning "see you again".
Although when all 5 of them meet again...

It was blizzard time in Sibaria. Hyoga reported his return to his mother who slept under the sea. He appreciated that the cross, given by his mother when he was a child, protected his life. Hyoga has a warm heart just like Seiya, who changed from his cold habity. And he promised that he will be by his mom as much as possible.

In front of Rozen Fall, the old master will no longer be seen anymore. Shiryu was trying to recover from the sadness of losing his teacher by practicing under the fall, guarded by Shunrei.

Shiryu met Seiya during a fight. The wonderful friendship made Shiryu decided to keep the peace which his old master kept.

Seiya felt the changes of the sky and sensed powerful Cosmos shaking the land unbelievably. Another battle with Gods is comming. Seiya is saying goodbye in his mind to Miho and children who were setting up for the party. So as Shiryu, saying goodbye to himself and Shunrei and left the fall.

Hyoga said, "Do Cvidanja...Mama..."

Seiya, Shun, Hyoga and Shiryu gathered infront of Athena Saori. And Ikki....
Since they lost the strongest Gold Saints, now they are the only people who can protect peace on Earth. They will continue the last will of the Gold Saints, and in their hearts/fighting spirit/fate as Athena's Saints, their blood is once again boiling and burn their Cosmos.
Old 2004-02-21, 21:07   Link #36
Kitsuneo

Post "Do Cvidanja" - Translation

Half a year ago a friend of mine has begun to translate "Do Cvidanija". But before he finished to translate it completely he left us (the former owners of www.zodiacknights.com - but that's a different story)
We had to change our domain to http://www.seiya-subtitles.net/index2.html. We lost everything to them, we were the no. 1 hit if you searched for Saint Seiya subs on the net. Nowadays our forum is like a friggin Ghost Town, and it's all thanks to DICK! Yeah, you could say the DICatastrophe really broke our neck... -_-

Anyway, here is the incomple translation of "Do Cvidanja":

"Do Cvidanija - Time of Promises"

[SHIRYU]
Hold on, Seiya!

[SEIYA]
Shiryu... Did we made it... did we manage to protect Athena and defeat Hades...?

[SHIRYU]
Yes, Seiya. And we will now depart from Hell and return to the 12 Houses.

[SHUN]
Look, guys! The sunrise... the sunrise covers Hades' darkness, shining on all land! What a radiant blue sky. It's really beautiful...

[IKKI]
We won over Hades. And Shun, you fought bravely too...

[SHUN]
Brother...

[HYOGA]
I'm really happy for this victory. There were many victims... too much blood flowed...

[SEIYA]
Hyoga...

[HYOGA]
But Seiya, I have found you, and by no means we should regret all this.

[SEIYA]
Return to Siberia, Hyoga! To your mama...

[HYOGA]
Don't you forget. Do cvidanija, Seiya, guys!

[SEIYA]
Hyoga...

[SHUN]
Hyoga...

[SAORI]
Athena's Saints, the gods' violent battles have ended! Seiya, Shiryu, Hyoga, Shun, Ikki! Now, Athena's cosmo shall abandon me, rest well those wings! Once again, the time when the world is rid of evil has come.

[AKIRA]
Hiroshi, come back!

[HIROSHI]
Be quiet! I didn't do a thing, Akira!

[MIHO]
You two, what's going on?

[AKIRA]
It's him, sister Miho!

[MIHO]
It's always the same, kids. What is it this time?

[HIROSHI]
I didn't do a thing, Akira is my friend!

[AKIRA]
Sister Miho, he told me I couldn't hold a punch in the chest. You hurt me, Hiroshi.

[MIHO]
Hahaha, you kids are very energetic!

[SEIYA]
Hhaha. The kids are as mischievous as ever, they make you grow old faster, Miho!

[MIHO]
...Huh? S-Seiya!!

[HIROSHI]
Huh? It's brother Seiya!

[KIDS]
Brother Seiya!

[SEIYA]
I'm alright, kids. Don't give trouble to Miho!

[HIROSHI]
Brother Seiya, you don't need to look that worried to sister Miho!

[SEIYA]
Huh?

[MIHO]
Hiroshi!

[AKIRA]
Sister Miho and brother Seiya have blushed!

[HIROSHI]
It's true!

[SEIYA]
You fools!

[KIDS]
Hhahahaha!

[HIROSHI]
Brother Seiya, come play with us! Hurry hurry!

[SEIYA]
Hey!

[HIROSHI]
Come come, brother Seiya!

[SEIYA]
Kids... kids don't pull me!

[MIHO]
Seiya, your clothes are soaked in blood, what awful woundes!

[SEIYA]
Hehehe, this isn't a big deal. I'm not worried about it. Everyone got like this...

[MIHO]
We all have the same age, everybody likes you, and you're always ready to enter the most dangerous battles, Seiya...

[SEIYA]
Miho...

[MIHO]
Because you are a Saint? But Seiya, why did you became a Saint...

[SEIYA]
Don't worry, Miho. Everything is alright now!

[MIHO]
Really? Then you came to stay today...

[HIROSHI]
Yeah! Tonight we'll give brother Seiya a welcome party! Is it OK, sister Miho?

[MIHO]
Yes!

[HIROSHI]
Brother Seiya, you'll do a game to see who eats the cake faster!

[SEIYA]
Ahh, I'm looking forward to it!

[HIROSHI]
Hahaha! Really? It's a promise then, brother Seiya!

[SEIYA]
Understood understood! It's a promise.

[MIHO]
Then, I too will start working on that feast! I'll be busy! Kids, you take care of the decorations.

[KIDS]
Yes!

[MIHO]
Seiya, I'm also looking forward to it! Undoubtedly!

[SEIYA]
Yes, Miho! Miho... For me to have a pleasent free life, without problems... But I've always won those painful battles because of those people who were important to me. Thanks to that I was able to gain the strength to overpass all trials... From the bottom of my heart I always believed in my friends...

[SHUN]
I never thought we would live to be here, Seiya.

[SEIYA]
Shun!

[SHUN]
This beach is beautiful. This sea breeze feels great, Seiya!

[SEIYA]
Long ago, when I was on the children's school, I always sneaked in here to lie on the sand to see the stars in the nightsky. I felt like reborn each time I lied down under those stars.

[SHUN]
When I was on my Saint training, on Andromeda Island, I prayed to each falling star I saw. I wished that I would return to Japan and gather with my brother again...

[SEIYA]
That's right, Shun, aren't you going to search for Ikki? To find him?

[SHUN]
Yes... But not yet. After that tough battle, my brother praised me, because he could rely on me! Besides, me, and you, Seiya, Shiryu and Hyoga, always said nothing could replace friendship.

[SEIYA]
Friendship...

[SHUN]
What's wrong, Seiya?

[SEIYA]
Shun, do you remember too? When we returned to Japan, after becoming Saints and had to fight in the Galaxian Wars?
I had to save Shiryu's fading life after we fought.
Old 2004-02-22, 13:26   Link #37
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

here is another fragment from the movie http://ssiplanet.mctekk.com/ssiplanet.php?dir=indexssip

It is found on this spanish web site. It is a direct download, go to where this picture is and click on "download ahora"

This is one is very informative.
Old 2004-02-22, 14:27   Link #38
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

The two Saint Seiya: Chapter of Heaven ~ Overture threads were merged.
Old 2004-02-23, 19:43   Link #39
polarbear

cant wait for this chapter to come out! can see the never dying seiya again

when i read the ending in seiya manga (after hades battle) i was like "errr so is seiya dead or alive? think the author will make another story saying that seiya is going to come back alive and save the world again...."
polarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 22:52   Link #40
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Talking Saint Seiya 5th Ova Tenkai-Hen Discussion

IT is sep 23th 10:42pm at the moment of writing this post here on animesuki, but it is already sep 24th in Japan. This means that something incredible is going on in Japan right now; the dvd version of the latest Saint Seiya movie has been released! But what is so important about this situation? Well, Saint Seiya is an old anime series that many thought was dead since long ago, but now after more than 15 years the fans of the series have once again the pleasure of watching this anime. This movie in particular is a sign that Saint Seiya is alive and that we will continue to enjoy it for quite some time.

So yes this is a historic moment and I'm dying for watching this movie as soon as possible... it has been 10 years since the time the last movie was released! I hope it gets fan subbed as soon as possible.

Post here your thoughts and comments about this anime film

Trailer