AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-15, 18:38   Link #1081
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
She could have used the QCPU to find a way to manipulate the human DNA to make them not kill each other off by driving down their emotions.
Would have been a longer process, but surely more feasible than just shutting down the sky and control every digital links.

Maybe she will do that too, no i think she definitely would do it to change human nature.
Uhhhhh, how would a Quantum computer give her the means to do something like that? It can't just cause material to magically appear out of thin air.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 21:15   Link #1082
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Just finished this series, really liked it. The end was at the same time kinda disappointing but satisfying. Weird feeling.

Anyway, does anyone else have the feeling this series (and i'm including the manga) was rushed to the end? For instance, we didn't get to see Lehm's backstory and his mentioned intense relationship with Chiquita in the past - we only got a glimpse of his background as a secondary character in Wilee's story. In fact i believe Lehm and Chiquita didn't even interact once, which would be interesting to see. But it ended up being irrelevant information.

Oh, and another question. I remember Scarecrow telling Schokolade way back that she wasn't "anything like her brother"." Who was he talking about?
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 14:21   Link #1083
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

frankly I'd argue that ending it self was an example of the series being rushed. I almost wonder if he had something more sophisticated in mind for what Jormungand would be, but got pushed to wrap up the series, hence coming up with a convoluted and ill thought out plan for what Koko would do with Jormungand.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 14:57   Link #1084
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
I can't be sure if he made up that end on the spot...but yeah, it's pretty safe to assume that, at the very least, he skipped a few potential arcs to get there. Which could also include the Jormungand development.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 01:08   Link #1085
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
2nd chapter of The Stories is up. Although it'll be a while.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 12:21   Link #1086
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I don't know if the dub's going to be recasting for Chen Guoming since Jerry Russell passed away recently.

Jerry Russell, Founder of Stage West, Father of Wendy Davis, Has Died

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2014-02-09, 01:02   Link #1087
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Just finished this series, really liked it. The end was at the same time kinda disappointing but satisfying. Weird feeling.

Anyway, does anyone else have the feeling this series (and i'm including the manga) was rushed to the end? For instance, we didn't get to see Lehm's backstory and his mentioned intense relationship with Chiquita in the past - we only got a glimpse of his background as a secondary character in Wilee's story. In fact i believe Lehm and Chiquita didn't even interact once, which would be interesting to see. But it ended up being irrelevant information.

Oh, and another question. I remember Scarecrow telling Schokolade way back that she wasn't "anything like her brother"." Who was he talking about?
1. From the comments I got (possibly from Japanese sources too), Takahashi intentionally did that so that Jormungand fans like you and me can discuss whether Koko's plans do make sense or not.

As for Lehm and Chiquita, tidbits of their relationship make much more sense if you read the manga.

2. I'm not sure on this one, but my gut's telling that he's talking about Koko to Kaspar.

Old 2014-04-01, 11:26   Link #1088
Draco Spirit

Rather enjoyed this show, but kind of sad its clearly over Anyone know anything similar?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 19:40   Link #1089
Mazryonh

I don't know if this has been linked to before on this forum, but I found a short video showing some audio commentary from Koko's seiyuu, Shizuka Itou on some of the anime's scenes. Can anyone here translate what she's saying about the show? She's a seiyuu whose work I admire and I would like to know what she said about this.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen