Cornelia li Britannia 225 21.23%
Other (please list) 101 9.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1060. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-18, 15:02   Link #461
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
Who on earth can dislike Mao? He was bloody awesome.
I was not particulary fond of him, but some people here make me dislike him a lot XD

Seriously, I am not fond of him from the beginning.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 15:19   Link #462
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Concerning liking Mao... well, Shirley's my favorite character. 'nuff said.
Old 2008-10-21, 00:48   Link #463
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

C.C. has 2 more votes than Lelouch...and I gave her one of those! =O
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 18:47   Link #464
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I was not particulary fond of him, but some people here make me dislike him a lot XD

Seriously, I am not fond of him from the beginning.
i felt sad for him.
CC totally fuck up his life.
Like he was taken in by CC from birth to kill her.
How sad.
Mao is one of the reasons i don't like CC.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 18:52   Link #465
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
i felt sad for him.
CC totally fuck up his life.
Like he was taken in by CC from birth to kill her.
How sad.
Mao is one of the reasons i don't like CC.
Hopefully, all the bad parents don't get killed by their children. That doesn't mean the parents are not at fault, but no one is perfect and sometimes some people do big mistakes.

But that doesn't mean all of them have to die for that. C.C. didn't rape him or hurt him physically. She just left him, like a lot of parents who can't raise their children properly do. And again, hopefully, all those children don't chase their true parents to kill them. And she didn't know what would be Mao's geass. It was a very bad geass in a way.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 19:01   Link #466
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Hopefully, all the bad parents don't get killed by their children. That doesn't mean the parents are not at fault, but no one is perfect and sometimes some people do big mistakes.

But that doesn't mean all of them have to die for that. C.C. didn't rape him or hurt him physically. She just left him, like a lot of parents who can't raise their children properly do. And again, hopefully, all those children don't chase their true parents to kill them. And she didn't know what would be Mao's geass. It was a very bad geass in a way.
Your first part doesn't make Sense as I wrote that CC was the one raising him to kill her.
So the first part does not make sense in the context.
No no CC did not do that instead she raise him to kill her then left him once she was tired of him.
And killed him later.

these are the facts
She hurt him emotionally.
She raise him to kill her eventually.
He didn't have anyone to lean on except for CC.
then She abandon him.
These are just plain wrong.
I felt terrible for Mao.
He was a victim of circumstance.
My point was that Mao is one of the reasons i don't like CC.
Old 2008-10-21, 19:16   Link #467
Eliarine

Quote:
Your first part doesn't make Sense as I wrote that CC was the one raising him to kill her.
So the first part does not make sense in the context.
No no CC did not do that instead she raise him to kill her then left him once she was tired of him.
And killed him later.

these are the facts
She hurt him emotionally.
She raise him to kill her eventually.
He didn't have anyone to lean on except for CC.
then She abandon him.
These are just plain wrong.
I felt terrible for Mao.
He was a victim of circumstance.
My point was that Mao is one of the reasons i don't like CC.
And I feel terrible for C.C. To each their own. I don't think she left him because she was "tired of him", she did tell him in the end that she had loved him once. I think her leaving him might have had something to do with the fact that he wanted to cut her up with a chainsaw.

Also, can we stop with the abundance of "this and that doesn't make sense"? I don't think it helps the conversation much to question people's logic every second and I'd like things not to turn nasty
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 19:26   Link #468
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
And I feel terrible for C.C. To each their own. I don't think she left him because she was "tired of him", she did tell him in the end that she had loved him once. I think her leaving him might have had something to do with the fact that he wanted to cut her up with a chainsaw.

Also, can we stop with the abundance of "this and that doesn't make sense"? I don't think it helps the conversation much to question people's logic every second and I'd like things not to turn nasty
CC probably didn't leave him because she was tired of him but we don't know why she left him.
Instead we are left in the dark.
Was Mao Obsessive? Sure.
But who was the one who raised him this way.
CC was.
does CC have the entire fault?
No way, but in the end Her raising him to kill her eventually does not bold well to a boy's Psyche.

As for your second part It didn't make sense.
I hope she can explain it better to me.
It seems more that She was trying to defend CC using other examples.
In the End Mao was a Victim of Circumstance.
Sad indeed.
Old 2008-10-21, 20:18   Link #469
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
CC probably didn't leave him because she was tired of him but we don't know why she left him.
Instead we are left in the dark.
Was Mao Obsessive? Sure.
But who was the one who raised him this way.
CC was.
does CC have the entire fault?
No way, but in the end Her raising him to kill her eventually does not bold well to a boy's Psyche.

As for your second part It didn't make sense.
I hope she can explain it better to me.
It seems more that She was trying to defend CC using other examples.
In the End Mao was a Victim of Circumstance.
Sad indeed.
C.C. had entered a contract with him, and he had gotten unlucky in getting such a powerful geass at a young age. C.C. tried to raise Mao, but when your life revolves around one person things start to go wrong. C.C. saw this and had to leave. Plus, back then the entire reason for her living was to find someone who could reach the certain level of power so that she could finally die. No one was at fault here. Mao just got very unlucky in his Geass, and eventually relied solely upon C.C. because she was the only one in his life. I just don't like Mao because she tried to kill C.C. =/
Old 2008-10-21, 20:41   Link #470
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatch View Post
I just don't like Mao because he tried to kill C.C. =/
In fact, the whole problem was that he wouldn't kill her. He was going to dismember her, but that wouldn't have killed her.
Old 2008-10-21, 20:43   Link #471
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
In fact, the whole problem was that he wouldn't kill her. He was going to dismember her, but that wouldn't have killed her.
Ok he was going to get kinky with her body parts. That I don't like either =P
Old 2008-10-21, 20:47   Link #472
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I'm not fond of Mao, either, but I'm fond of Mao's scenes, because his episodes are hands-down the best mind-fucks in the entire series.
Old 2008-10-21, 20:51   Link #473
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Quick question. Can C.C. regenerate? Or if you put the pieces back together would they reconnect or would C.C. have had to spend the rest of eternity as a stump? (Man, and she thought eternal life was shitty before. Kinda reminds me of the Greek myth of the one who asked for eternal life but not youth....oops.)
Old 2008-10-21, 20:54   Link #474
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Quick question. Can C.C. regenerate? Or if you put the pieces back together would they reconnect or would C.C. have had to spend the rest of eternity as a stump? (Man, and she thought eternal life was shitty before. Kinda reminds me of the Greek myth of the one who asked for eternal life but not youth....oops.)
I daresay she can. Its implied she's been beheaded via guillotine, and she's still got her head, so...
Old 2008-10-21, 20:56   Link #475
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I daresay she can. Its implied she's been beheaded via guillotine, and she's still got her head, so...
Hmm, guess she's not a Highlander than.
Old 2008-10-21, 21:01   Link #476
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Hmm, guess she's not a Highlander than.
If she can survive crushing ocean depths, which would surely mangle her far worse than anything on the surface, nothing short of being atomized should be able to kill her.
Old 2008-10-21, 21:02   Link #477
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
C.C. had entered a contract with him, and he had gotten unlucky in getting such a powerful geass at a young age. C.C. tried to raise Mao, but when your life revolves around one person things start to go wrong. C.C. saw this and had to leave. Plus, back then the entire reason for her living was to find someone who could reach the certain level of power so that she could finally die. No one was at fault here. Mao just got very unlucky in his Geass, and eventually relied solely upon C.C. because she was the only one in his life. I just don't like Mao because she tried to kill C.C. =/
That just does not make any sense, C.C raised him from a child and gave him that cursed power. She should know better then anyone what that power could lead to. Yet she still gave a child the geass and you are saying she is blameless? And what does she do when he could not grant her the wish to die? Just ups and leaves, leaving Mao a complete wreck of a human being. C.C bears atleast some responsibilities for how Mao turned out because like it or not she made him who he is.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 21:04   Link #478
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
That just does not make any sense, C.C raised him from a child and gave him that cursed power. She should know better then anyone what that power could lead to. Yet she still gave a child the geass and you are saying she is blameless? And what does she do when he could not grant her the wish to die? Just ups and leaves, leaving Mao a complete wreck of a human being. C.C bears atleast some responsibilities for how Mao turned out because like it or not she made him who he is.
Well that assumes what i know about giving a Geass is correct. Is it a random Geass that is given, or does the person bearing the code CHOOSE which Geass to give. If she choose to give Mao the mind reading Geass, then yes she does take some of the blame. If it was random then well, sucks for Mao.
Old 2008-10-21, 21:17   Link #479
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It's random. Geass is determined by the user, not the giver.
Old 2008-10-21, 21:20   Link #480
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Well that assumes what i know about giving a Geass is correct. Is it a random Geass that is given, or does the person bearing the code CHOOSE which Geass to give. If she choose to give Mao the mind reading Geass, then yes she does take some of the blame. If it was random then well, sucks for Mao.
I was not referring to the power that Mao got but the geass itself. C.C herself viewed it as a cursed power, which is why C.C wanted to die by passing the curse onto someone else. It does not matter how that power manifested, but that the power itself was seen as a curse, one C.C herself was willing to pass on to Mao for her own desires.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote