AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 151 66.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 4.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.75%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-17, 11:18   Link #441
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Spoiler tags will have little use... i strongly advice to not read this forum if you dont wanna get spoiled...
But it's soooooo hard.
Old 2009-02-17, 11:36   Link #442
nor4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It is going to be 25.
No matter how much, it will be very sad day to see the last one...
Its just 6 left to go. Well, sad according to what is happening right now and what will happen in next one...
Old 2009-02-17, 12:30   Link #443
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Look at Tweleve Kingdoms... 45 episodes to cover approximately 9 novel volumes or so, and they STILL left out a lot, angering some "novel purists".
(Not a fair comparison, I know, since the density of stories in 12 Kingdoms was immensely high per volume)
Off Topic
Oh god you just bought up bitter memories. One of the best novels i have ever read in my life (collecting the books in english now) and damn good anime for what they were able to do with it but not enough not nearly enough i still crave more even years later.
Old 2009-02-17, 13:52   Link #444
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Spoiler tags will have little use... i strongly advice to not read this forum if you dont wanna get spoiled...
This is an episode discussion thread so I should be able to read it w/o getting spoiled. >.<
Old 2009-02-17, 13:56   Link #445
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
This is an episode discussion thread so I should be able to read it w/o getting spoiled. >.<
How was that a spoiler? The events in the show have already happened and it's not like they're going to remake it any time soon...
Old 2009-02-17, 14:35   Link #446
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
He's not completely clueless, his goodwill blinds him.
i totally agree...his too kind to realize how its effecting other people
Old 2009-02-17, 14:36   Link #447
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
How was that a spoiler? The events in the show have already happened and it's not like they're going to remake it any time soon...
Have to wonder if the use of certain avatars also counts as 'spoiling'. I'm curious about checking a discussion of this episode while not wanting to see any spoilers. Wouldn't it be best to watch the episode so you'll know what'll happen? Unless you're interested more in analysis rather than knowing what's going to happen. (like the end of this episode or any developments between the chars, that would 'spoil')

You're still exposing yourself to that danger coming into this thread. Also, the thread can sometimes derail as it gets longer, though the mods do their best.

Only a day or two til the next episode.

Spoiler for ryuuji:
Old 2009-02-17, 14:41   Link #448
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The criteria is usually ONCE A SHOW HAS BEEN FANSUBBED, my observation is that the mods consider it a lesser problem with comparing it to its source material .. and really there's little difference in that particular case. She simply ran farther in the novel and less far in the anime (being barefoot, etc).

I suppose in subforum threads there could be a "compare and contrast" thread but it is already pretty confusing for a lot of posters as to what can be said where
Old 2009-02-17, 15:12   Link #449
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post

Spoiler for ryuuji:
I had the same feelings which is why i stated I feel like Ryu at this point in time is more in love with the idea of liking Minorin than actually liking her. There is plenty of evidence of support it. It may be unfair but lets get real if Ryu had to make a decision of who is more important to him who would he pick?
Old 2009-02-17, 15:14   Link #450
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I had the same feelings which is why i stated I feel like Ryu at this point in time is more in love with the idea of liking Minorin than actually liking her. There is plenty of evidence of support it. It may be unfair but lets get real if Ryu had to make a decision of who is more important to him who would he pick?
Taiga, no doubt about it. His actions in this episode proved it.
Old 2009-02-17, 16:58   Link #451
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... chalk up another iteration of 'unconscious love'. Not that it's a bad thing, but I personally find it ironic that the one show *cough*kimpossible*cough* that temporarily gripped me out of anime's hold dealt with the same thing lol.

In any case, this was anything but unexpected. Considering how Ryuuji and Taiga stuck to each other like your stereotypical childhood best friends, it should follow that their realization of their true feelings would be somewhat like how the archetype handles it. Now that Taiga is aware of her feelings, now its only Ryuuji to sort out the mess he is in. And with 5 or so episodes to go, that should be more than enoguh time to settle the dust between him, Minorin, and Taiga.

Another irony, in that the real childhood friends (Ami and Kitamura) are anything but. Of course, one can make a case that Ami's supposed 'angriness' at Ryuuji's situation would not be because of jealousy, but because of how it kinda mirrors at her own situation with Kitamura. Of course, that might just be my tinted shipper glasses talking, as I still can't forget at her smile during the summer episode, when Kitamura specifically stated that he chose to go to her villa over staying in town and help the student council prez.
Old 2009-02-17, 17:17   Link #452
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Your shipper glasses are looking at the right direction, after all Kitamura had said that he liked the real Ami, and she seems to be getting tired of Ryuuji so it's quite possible that they'll end up together at the end of the show.
Old 2009-02-17, 17:47   Link #453
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
It was a spoiler for the novel I plan to read. But whatever, let's stay on topic here.

Did Kitamura mean like as in 'like like' or just as friends since he's known her for a while? It wouldn't be a horrible ending for the guy, that's for sure. *jealous* haha.
Old 2009-02-17, 22:07   Link #454
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
It was a spoiler for the novel I plan to read. But whatever, let's stay on topic here.

Did Kitamura mean like as in 'like like' or just as friends since he's known her for a while? It wouldn't be a horrible ending for the guy, that's for sure. *jealous* haha.
Spoiler for Kitamuraxami:
Old 2009-02-18, 02:11   Link #455
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
It was a spoiler for the novel I plan to read.
Theoretically I wouldn't consider as spoiler a retelling of something already covered in the anime, based on what seen in the source. Provided that the "complementary" telling won't have any expected weight in the future airing of the anime. This one of Taiga was the case.
The fact that it could be a spoiler for someone who wants to read the novels after the anime is a completely different matter all together (of which admittedly I had never thought, since I was of the opinion that reading a novel/manga after having watched the anime would already have spoiled you enough, but that was just an assumption of mine).

Anyway, use of properly tagged spoiler tags , when comparing said situations, should make the deal.
Old 2009-02-18, 06:12   Link #456
Justin Kim
*Artist

Lol, well if it suffices to him or her that it's a spoiler, then why read this thread at all, if their already was a self-investigative inquiry to see what was going on. O_o.
Old 2009-02-18, 17:06   Link #457
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I just noticed something...when they were at the pool Taiga was making a fuss about being flat but she had no qualms about it when singing with Ami-any particular reasons as to why?
Old 2009-02-18, 17:10   Link #458
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I just noticed something...when they were at the pool Taiga was making a fuss about being flat but she had no qualms about it when singing with Ami-any particular reasons as to why?
Character growth!

... not that kind of growth.
Old 2009-02-18, 17:12   Link #459
typhonsentra

The frill on the top portion of her dress is supposed to cover her chest.
Old 2009-02-18, 18:11   Link #460
Fran~
floating away...

She kept the "miraclous pads" made by Ryuuji