AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-29, 04:06   Link #1741
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
If she asks me for help, I know what payment I'll want: a chance to give her a leg massage
Why, for shame, Mangatron. You have such a "gifted" Young Lady asking you for help, and all you want is a leg massage?

Surely this signature of yours:

Is not all just for show now, is it?
Old 2011-04-29, 04:24   Link #1742
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Why, for shame, Mangatron. You have such a "gifted" Young Lady asking you for help, and all you want is a leg massage?

I have been caught red-handed. It would seem a series of detective work would also yield some viewers who would also employ detective reasoning. As a result my perverted desires cannot be hidden

In all seriousness though, now I'm really anticipating the next ep, if they go the way the manga went it's going to do more than turn me into a Riko fan, to see that scene animated is enough
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 04:31   Link #1743
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sigh, where's mikoo? I need fresh avatars every week

I've even prepared this new sig with the expectation that I'll be using female avatars through this spring...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 05:23   Link #1744
tsunade666

well this episode proves further more Aria is different from the previews Rie's voice. it's rare to see the past comparison as calm as Aria. She also was happy and praising Kinji when he comes back to Assault. But it looks like the Assault students doesn't like her much. Due to the difference in skill or maybe her attitude too. Aria didn't give explanation to Kinji and just rush in the scene. She may be quite skilled rank S. But her teammates aren't as skilled as her. She mostly need a partner than can go par with her skill or use her skill to the fullest. And also she needs to learn teamwork -_-

Saying the butei charter and word trust without properly explaining to your teammate the situationg. What a way to handle things. She is indeed good in instinct too because she can tell where it will go by instinct but you need reasons and clues for a detective/butei to work. It's a good thing Kinji isn't dumb to not understand the way the criminal will work so he agree with Aria. But even so if the partner is dumb and the one leading did make a mistake on her instincts it will lead into total failure in mission. Aria doesn't appreciate too the work of inquesta and repier and just throw it away. That makes Kinji angry too plus her trust for Kinji. It's kinda painful if you look at it in a way that Aria trust too much her partner. And as for Kinji the slave/partner it hurts him too because he just wants to end it all and transfer to normal school but Aria just shows up and drags him back to assault plus her absolute trust to him is also hurting him.

There's more to flesh out on Aria's character but I like more Riko than her. Plus their is Reki who shows up in this episode. They change her introduction and given no information but Reki is an S-rank sniper of the Snipe department. She doesn't talk too much and doesn't know much about herself. She only knew her name and the name itself might not be her real name.
Old 2011-04-29, 08:15   Link #1745
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Robot snakes on a plane. What is this that SL Jackson dont
Old 2011-04-29, 08:20   Link #1746
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
...With machine pistols.
Old 2011-04-29, 08:27   Link #1747
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
You mean the well-endowed and pervy detective who accepts payment in Hentai-Games? Hubba Hubba!!

Kirino of Oremio seems to have started a trend of girls who play straight H-Games to vicariously live out gay fantasies, hasn't she?

Or would Konata of Lucky Star technically have been first?

Either way, neither of them is as hot as Riko-chan!!
Lucky Star: 2004
Oreimo: 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Sadly didn't end on such a good note. I'm not surprised Aria wasn't in a great mood at the end. That scar was enough to sour her disposition. Plus she got hurt protecting someone that didn't listen to her and was holding back his true abilities.
That "didn't listen" bit was pretty weird. Why did she bring him if she expected him to stay in the bus and not do anything?

Then again, why did he go all the way to the antenna instead of shooting it?

Quote:
In the end have an argument of two people who have reasons for what they are doing. Clearly Aria feels it's important to find the partner she's been looking for and Kinji has a reason for not wanting to use his hysteria mode and quit being a Butei. Having it end like that was bound to happen with their viewpoints clashing.
Damn no wonder he got that ranking after the entrance examination .
The difference is that Aria expect him to give up on his dreams and risk his life for the sake of a sob story she refuses to share. (Seriously, if she didn't want his pity, would it have killed her to at least offer him money instead of just declaring him a slave? To demonstrate that she knew he didn't have to go along with her?). He just wants to be left alone with his little secrets.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 08:32   Link #1748
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

The difference is that Aria expect him to give up on his dreams and risk his life for the sake of a sob story she refuses to share. (Seriously, if she didn't want his pity, would it have killed her to at least offer him money instead of just declaring him a slave? To demonstrate that she knew he didn't have to go along with her?). He just wants to be left alone with his little secrets.
The reverse holds true; from Aria's point of view, Kinji has the power to save lives but chooses to run away from it, or restrict himself so as not to trouble himself. It's understandable and life isn't fair, but it's also selfish.
Old 2011-04-29, 08:37   Link #1749
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...With machine pistols.
There'd better be tentacle rape then.
Old 2011-04-29, 08:40   Link #1750
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
The reverse holds true; Kinji has the power to save lives but chooses to run away from it, or restrict himself so as not to trouble himself.
... Yeah, so? "Having the power" isn't the same as "having the obligation". It's like a brilliant medicine student who chooses to be a comedian instead. It's a shame, but he has that right. (Except that doctors don't get shot at so much. So all the more reason for Kinji to not do something he doesn't believe in.)
Old 2011-04-29, 08:40   Link #1751
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
3rd episode was flowing better than the first two. Was there a different director, or a change in writers/storyboard?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 08:46   Link #1752
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
... Yeah, so? "Having the power" isn't the same as "having the obligation". It's like a brilliant medicine student who chooses to be a comedian instead. It's a shame, but he has that right. (Except that doctors don't get shot at so much. So all the more reason for Kinji to not do something he doesn't believe in.)
If you have the keys to stop a nuclear missile from launching at a city, would you hesitate and wonder if you should do it?

Same deal; If Kinji was a normal human then it would be different, but he's not is he? This is the guy that can dodge bullets and put a round into the barrel of a gun without breaking a sweat. With his power he could protect his fellow butei and many innocent civilians. But he chose not to do it because it complicates his life.

You are right of course, it's his choice, but you can see why Aria is pissed off at him. He's making that choice for a selfish reason; who wouldn't want his power? It's not fair to him but so is many things in life.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-04-29 at 09:04.
Old 2011-04-29, 09:04   Link #1753
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Saying the butei charter and word trust without properly explaining to your teammate the situationg. What a way to handle things. She is indeed good in instinct too because she can tell where it will go by instinct but you need reasons and clues for a detective/butei to work. It's a good thing Kinji isn't dumb to not understand the way the criminal will work so he agree with Aria. But even so if the partner is dumb and the one leading did make a mistake on her instincts it will lead into total failure in mission. Aria doesn't appreciate too the work of inquesta and repier and just throw it away. That makes Kinji angry too plus her trust for Kinji. It's kinda painful if you look at it in a way that Aria trust too much her partner. And as for Kinji the slave/partner it hurts him too because he just wants to end it all and transfer to normal school but Aria just shows up and drags him back to assault plus her absolute trust to him is also hurting him.
Well if the investigations of 2 departments says no clues and she doesn't have the "Holmes" part of her name, then the report is no good to her.

What about Kinji? He doesn't trust his partner enough to show his true talents. Though he did see the bullet coming at them so part of his Hysteria mode was activating. That must also be frustrating to Aria.

Hmm... this is the second time the boys dorm area was attacked. Do you think that the target is actually Kinji? And the Butei Killer knows Aria or Kinji?
Old 2011-04-29, 09:11   Link #1754
tsunade666

Quote:
There'd better be tentacle rape then.
No, there wouldn't be any of that kind of scene in Aria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
3rd episode was flowing better than the first two. Was there a different director, or a change in writers/storyboard?
Same story with different setting. They change a bit for the purpose of fast pace but it still didn't feel rushed.
Quote:
If you have the keys to stop a nuclear missile from launching at a city, would you hesitate and wonder if you should do it?

Same deal; If Kinji was a normal human then it would be different, but he's not is he? This is the guy that can dodge bullets and put a round into the barrel of a gun without breaking a sweat. With his power he could protect his fellow butei and many innocent civilians. But he chose not to do it because it complicates his life.

You are right of course, it's his choice, but you can see why Aria is pissed off at him. He's making that choice for a selfish reason; who wouldn't want his power? It's not fair to him but so is many things in life.
using Touma's analogy on Kinji. Well the reasons of Kinji should be revealed even a bit already on why he hates being a butei since episode one but the anime is being stingy about it. It might be wrong to not use your strength to save others even if you can do so. But it also wrong to force someone to do something which he doesn't like to do. Kinji has his reasons for quitting while Aria has her own reasons to force Kinji to pair up with her. Both had their own reasons but wouldn't explain the reasons to one another. Thus more misunderstanding and conflict in each other.
Old 2011-04-29, 09:21   Link #1755
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
using Touma's analogy on Kinji.
I thought that would get your attention

Quote:
Well the reasons of Kinji should be revealed even a bit already on why he hates being a butei since episode one but the anime is being stingy about it. It might be wrong to not use your strength to save others even if you can do so. But it also wrong to force someone to do something which he doesn't like to do. Kinji has his reasons for quitting while Aria has her own reasons to force Kinji to pair up with her. Both had their own reasons but wouldn't explain the reasons to one another. Thus more misunderstanding and conflict in each other.
I'm not arguing that Aria is right and Kinji is wrong, but I am pointing Out how this must be frustrating for her to see Kinji like this.
Old 2011-04-29, 09:24   Link #1756
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
... So, am I getting paid to stop that missile?

More seriously, I wouldn't hesitate: I'd hand those keys over to someone more heroically inclined.

Quote:
Butei are mercenaries, not super-heroes. If he doesn't like the money that much, there's no reason for him to risk his life.

Two points:
- Kinji in Hysteria mode is good. Very good. But very, very far from the best.
- Does it really matter how good you are? We either all have a duty to completely neglect our own happiness and serve the collective (or, as it happens, the overbearing loli) without hope of reward, or none of us do.

Quote:
Aria, as someone who tried to take over his life without any kind of compensation, as though he existed only for her, has no right to talk about selfishness.

Quote:
I thought that would get your attention

I'm not arguing that Aria is right and Kinji is wrong, but I am pointing Out how this must be frustrating for her to see Kinji like this.
Ah. Then, if we're going to bring other animes into this, I'll compare with Moshidora. Aria should have made a much, much bigger effort on the marketing front. Expecting Kinji to do his best without giving him an incentive to do so was both unwarranted and stupid. It's obvious that just ordering him to wasn't going to work. Especially as she has no authority over him.

Where I'll acknowledge Kinji was maybe wrong, though: he didn't try hard enough to convince Aria he wasn't that good. Maybe he should have explained part of Hysteria Mode and let her know he wasn't going to use it on the mission.
Old 2011-04-29, 09:27   Link #1757
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

I have been caught red-handed. It would seem a series of detective work would also yield some viewers who would also employ detective reasoning. As a result my perverted desires cannot be hidden

In all seriousness though, now I'm really anticipating the next ep, if they go the way the manga went it's going to do more than turn me into a Riko fan, to see that scene animated is enough
We all know that the tron is a lascivious pervert who preys on both lolis and torpedo tits.

Hide your waifus in the presence of tron before he activates his pervert-mode!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 09:32   Link #1758
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Huh? Based on what's been presented so far, Hysteria Kinji is practically a god compared to his peers. Considering how easily he stopped the butei killer's 7 gun-on-wheels' onslaught w/o even breaking a sweat, its hard to say he's "very, very far from the best", esp since he outmaneuvered Aria and she is one of the best butei's in the school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
You sure it just wasn't the lack of Kugitsunderism?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 09:46   Link #1759
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
... So, am I getting paid to stop that missile?

More seriously, I wouldn't hesitate: I'd hand those keys over to someone more heroically inclined.
If you have that option sure if you don't like to take responsibility.

Quote:
Butei are mercenaries, not super-heroes. If he doesn't like the money that much, there's no reason for him to risk his life.

Two points:
- Does it really matter how good you are? We either all have a duty to completely neglect our own happiness and serve the collective (or, as it happens, the overbearing loli) without hope of reward, or none of us do.
Then he'll be another kind of scum if he require incentive to move, money or otherwise.

And Yes skill matters obviously, that's the whole point. did you think Aria would bother with an average Joe? Kinji is said to have a very high skill level, not by just her but everybody in his former division.

It seems in the end you and I have a different way of seeing things; while I agree that one must take care of himself first, I also admit that it's an ugly thing.

Quote:
Aria, as someone who tried to take over his life without any kind of compensation, as though he existed only for her, has no right to talk about selfishness.
Again, both of them are equally at fault for not coming clean in the first place.

I don't know what Aria needs Kinji for, but I understand desperation even if you have to complicate others.
Old 2011-04-29, 10:09   Link #1760
Crackabad

I'm just saying....i cant wait for
Spoiler for spoiler:

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere