AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-10-25, 15:14   Link #41
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the explaination, the systeme sounds unusual but intriguing, i am a big fan of TRPG so i'll pray for a US or Euro release.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 17:00   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Spoiler for Summary:
I'll add a little:

Though more of a tip, you should choose certain characters to go through the game with. If you recruit all characters possible, you will often not be able to select them all. If you choose to level them all up evenly, your units might end up underleveled (highest level is 20). So it is best to choose the units you do not want/plan to use beforehand. Luckily, you have multiple of certain attack types such as:
Spoiler for recruitable characters:

Another hint, or rather cheat...- There is a glitch in the game that causes two cards to power to max while dropping one card to a three digit number (This happened to me the first time I went through the game)

A note is that besides X, -, and O, there are colors as well to determine power. Going aggressive drains the bar. And in the final battle:
Spoiler for final battle:

Your enemy's bar is rather unfair in a way. When you battle them, the bar slowly charges. BUT, if they win the round, in the next round of the Union, the bar starts at zero. If you win, the bar continues where it left of. This can be used to your advantage, by matching certain characters together.

Experience and Level- Max level is 20, besides Final Boss. Every unit that goes into battle belonging to you will gain experience. If the enemy's level was higher than your unit, you get more. If it is lower, then you get less experience.
Because of this:
Spoiler for Final Boss:

And finally:

THE VERY, VERY, VERY ANNOYING Cannons and Ankhs- Utilized by certain characters, these weapons can fire on your units and cause Morale Damage. Cannons are weaker than Ankhs because Cannons cannot be fired at night.
There are maps where you get to use a cannon.
Defeating the unit with the cannon is the only way to stop the cannon fire, or stay out of the range (though you will probably need to enter range to finish the map).
Also, later on:
Spoiler:

EDIT:

I can't believe I forgot:

The most important aspect:

Union:

Basically:

Only one unit each turn can initiate an attack. The initiator can drag allies to help. It is a bit hard to explain afterwards...
If the initiating unit is male, then allied units two spaces diagonally from the initiator will join in. If it is female, it will be horizontally and vertically instead of diagonally.
Further more, those units that join the Union can pull in other allies as well. Once again, the gender determines the shape except this time it is one space, not two.

Those units pulled in from the already pulled-in units will NOT pull others in.

A max of five units may participate in a Union.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2007-10-25 at 17:14.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 17:08   Link #43
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Spoiler:

Ugggh. Hate those Ankhs. Aknhs and Cannons deal 40% Morale damage I think? The Ankh Cannon deals like 80%. (Of your current, not Max. You can't die from these)

And about that final boss, the final boss is optional actually. You don't NEED to fight it. Just a heads up if you get that far and fight it, then cry because it's nigh impossible...

If your units hit 0 Morale, besides Yggdra, Milanor or a selected unit (Some maps have as a defeat option a certain unit, or ANY, unit cannot hit 0 Morale) they will Withdraw. This causes them to lose all REP (But you lose REP if you lose a clash) and they lose all current EXP, called a 'Zero Reset'.
It's in your best interest to never have your units hit 0 Morale.
Old 2007-10-25, 17:19   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
It's in your best interest to never have your units hit 0 Morale.
Something I left out:

If you game over:

You can go to title screen and retry from there

or

You can replay the map. If you replay, you will get a few medallions to heal your morale.
Also:
Your experience that you earned before game over follows to your restart. Of course, the unit that lost and triggered the game over will have none.

Also, the enemy will be considerably weakened.

P.S. My previous post has been edited with Union.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-10-25, 17:51   Link #45
krisslanza

But keep in mind, if you Retry you will lose access to some late game items as they are removed from the game. It's not too hard to not have to Retry after you play the game a bit... The beginning of the game is really murder.
Old 2007-10-26, 02:42   Link #46
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

serenade_beta:

Thanks for the additionals details, i'll have to cross my fingers for a english version now.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 09:02   Link #47
krisslanza

If you want you could get the GBA version for now... But I have to also point out, at the start of the game you can't Union until the 3rd Battlefield and you don't get Linking (Where each unit in the Union has a small 1 space extra added) until a bit futher on.

Female units are the best to Union with if they travel together in a group, but male units are good if you can't keep your units traveling together.
Old 2007-10-27, 04:02   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Main site updated :

The front page illustration changed, lovely.
Kylier/Kirie gets a spot on the characters page. her voice is well... unexpectedly high...

Old 2007-10-27, 09:51   Link #49
krisslanza

I think someone mentioned that... You can hear Nessiah's voice briefly in some other video somewhere on the site.
EDIT:
Yes... Kylier has a very unexpectedly high and squeaky voice O_o
Old 2007-10-31, 00:03   Link #50
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Eudy gets a voice.

I think it's fairly fitting. No real complaints here.
The witch's voice is good too.

Item Brake gets a spot too. Never really used it, except for movement. After all, why destroy when you can get it yourself.

Old 2007-10-31, 14:20   Link #51
krisslanza

Looks like a cellphone game of Yggdra Union is also being released, called "Yggdra Unison, Beat Out Our Obstacle". The Japanese release date for Yggdra Union PSP seems to be January 24th 2008.

The cellphone game features new soundtracks as well on the little 'jukebox'. (Sounds pretty snazzy I think...)

Still waiting for Rosary's character page... ._.
And Eudy sounds vaguely familiar. I noticed on Eudy's video, the Royal Army has Rosary in it I believe... ^^

EDIT:
Yggdra Unison seems to be the mysterious 'YZ' project that was in development. It's a "what if" game... You can choose to play as the Royal Army and go about conquering Bronquia or play as the Bronquian forces and battle against the Royal Army. You can also fill out your army with units that were enemies in the real game, such as the Undine Queen or Ortega the bandit.

It also features 16 new music tracks, you can hear 3 of them on the site itself.
Old 2007-10-31, 14:25   Link #52
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
I have my own plan.
1. Find someone with PSP and Yggdra Union PSP.
2. Get baseball bat.
3. Beat person senseless, steal PSP and Yggdra Union.
4. Ditch the baseball bat.
5. ???
6. Profit.
Wow This is the reason!!! why
Spoiler:

I wish they make one for ps3
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 16:34   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Yggdra Unison seems to be the mysterious 'YZ' project that was in development. It's a "what if" game... You can choose to play as the Royal Army and go about conquering Bronquia or play as the Bronquian forces and battle against the Royal Army. You can also fill out your army with units that were enemies in the real game, such as the Undine Queen or Ortega the bandit.

It also features 16 new music tracks, you can hear 3 of them on the site itself.
That sounds really fun.

*imagines using Genocide*

Bwahahaha

Old 2007-10-31, 18:54   Link #54
krisslanza

Keep in mind it IS a game on a cellphone... So it's not played like the real thing
Old 2007-10-31, 19:21   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Keep in mind it IS a game on a cellphone... So it's not played like the real thing
Ah!

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind...

Well, in a way, that is a good thing. I won't ever be able to get it so I won't miss much.

Old 2007-10-31, 20:55   Link #56
krisslanza

Yeah. Japanese cellphone games never reach us do they?
Old 2007-11-03, 02:28   Link #57
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

New voice-

Durant.

Sounds pretty good, just that a couple times... he sounded a bit more desperate than needed...

(Well, the situation is desperate, I admit...)

Durant was never that useful, was he? I never used him during the last parts.

Old 2007-11-03, 09:34   Link #58
krisslanza

Durant doesn't sound too bad. Hurt my ears the first time though because I turned my sound up waaaay too high.

And well... He can be. He is the only male spear user in the game, and you can turn him into a Dragon Knight for 3 maps.
Old 2007-11-03, 19:05   Link #59
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
And well... He can be. He is the only male spear user in the game, and you can turn him into a Dragon Knight for 3 maps.
He has his good points, but unfortunately for him, you get another spear-user, Nietzche, who tends to be used more often. By the time you get the dragon for Class Change, he always ends up under-leveled.

One reason he tends to be under-used is because a lot of items tends to be hidden in water where only Nietzche can get it (though there are a few items that only horse-riders can get).

Plus, Durant's card, Chariot, has limited use and the effect tends to be useless against other big units. While Nietzche's Blizzard can do damage and, though often useless, can freeze water. Plus, while on water, Nietzche gets a huge bonus, offense and defense-wise.

Old 2007-11-03, 23:22   Link #60
krisslanza

He has a good use in the second level of Ishand where you have to be beaten all day. Just move him out of Union range (since he's mounted, he moves through enemies) and sacrifice him.
Best use I ever got out of him

But yes, I prefer Nietzsche really. Durant deals no elemental damage and, as mentioned, Chariot is one of those cards that is basically worthless trash to you but extremely useful for the enemy. You don't see many levels with water though, but Nietzsche is still a overall useful unit.

Plus she's the cute loli of the game! XD

Tags
psp, sting