AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 43 18.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 16.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 16.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 52 22.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 9.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 2.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.90%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-30, 19:10   Link #261
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Spoiler for did i spot something?:
Old 2007-12-30, 20:13   Link #262
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
I dont see that possible..I dont see the reason to do that and tell you that it was all part of his dream...I think the producers wanted to bring them back and show how far they have progressed or how they are doing.
Old 2007-12-30, 21:52   Link #263
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
To me, it's either

-symbolism (shameful twincest)

or

-laziness (AKA "I don't want to make aged faces for them")

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-30, 22:15   Link #264
ThoHell

Just got back from Vegas for X-mas and was hoping to watch some good anime that I missed. Was completely disappointed after watching this last episode. Ending was just not creative or anything....secretes revealed...10 years pass by...end. Looks like the twins developed a relationship with one another that is a lot more than just being siblings. But I guess they gave some hints of that development in previous episodes.
Old 2007-12-30, 22:45   Link #265
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quick question who here thinks Nanaka's bio dad knew he was Nanaka's father before he passed away

Several theories have been thrown around but im inclined to first agree with Skyfall that it was a one stand between he and Nanaka's mom. Second which i have already taken flack for. I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR THE MUSIC TEACHER. He hid the truth till his dying day and only confessed at the end. That is cowardice it takes more strength to admit that you have wronged someone when youre not on your death bed.

Oh and whoever PMed their opinion i accidentally deleted it so i dont remember your name. But dont PM me that stuff this is a discussion thread put your opinions here thats what its for.
Old 2007-12-30, 23:36   Link #266
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

^ Great point and also if he was thinking of his bio child then if he knew about it earlier he should have done something about it before hand and not left it to the day he died.

I totally agree with Sinestra on not feeling sorry for the music teacher, I actually assign him part blame in the whole sorry affair.

In answer to your question I do think he knew about Nanaka being his own child before his death bed confession. The body language he gave off (yeah I know he is only drawn), during his interactions with Nanaka and her mum said to me something was up. That was the scene Nanaka's mum asked him for tea and he glance over at Nanaka and said but...
Old 2007-12-30, 23:44   Link #267
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

i don't think the tragedy will ever happen if the Music Teacher confesses his wrong doings.

However, theres still the possibility that the step-father of Nanaka will still go nuts and do something brutal, like divorce or something don't you think?

But if the step-father doesn't go berserk, we'd probably see the real Nanaka . but we probably wouldn't get a anime tv series called "Myself;Yourself", since something needs to change Nanaka to stir things up.

A mark of "7" to this ep. simply because it ended..finally.
Old 2007-12-31, 00:02   Link #268
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
i don't think the tragedy will ever happen if the Music Teacher confesses his wrong doings.

However, theres still the possibility that the step-father of Nanaka will still go nuts and do something brutal, like divorce or something don't you think?

But if the step-father doesn't go berserk, we'd probably see the real Nanaka . but we probably wouldn't get a anime tv series called "Myself;Yourself", since something needs to change Nanaka to stir things up.

A mark of "7" to this ep. simply because it ended..finally.
Your right we will never know if Nankas step dad would have gone postal if he had found out the truth earlier. He could have also shunned Nanaka for not being his blood related child or he could have loved her even more to spite the music teacher. I feel that one of the reasons why he went crazy so fast was time related. Years had gone by and now everything he knew he felt was a lie so it built up fairly quickly. We saw how much he doted on Nanaka even though he did realize that she looked like his friend. Given enough time people can accept situations if they are handled carefully and quickly not years down the road.

Nankas mom obviously chose him because she said she did realize it was not his child till after they were married. If she really wanted to be with the music teacher she could have gotten a divorce but she didnt. The look she gave the music teacher in Nanakas room was a look of a person who made a child with the other. Im sure there were still feelings there because they shared a child. But she has ample opportunity to divorce or cheat again and to my knowledge it never happened again.

Nanakas dad was a proud man too proud and that is one of the things that lead to him break down. He thought about how the community would see him how he would be talked about. Im sure he thought he would have been looked down on by everyone. Lots of people made bad decisions that hurt innocent people it was sad but it also showed that taking responsibility for your actions is the best way to go.
Old 2007-12-31, 00:56   Link #269
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Quick question who here thinks Nanaka's bio dad knew he was Nanaka's father before he passed away

Several theories have been thrown around but im inclined to first agree with Skyfall that it was a one stand between he and Nanaka's mom. Second which i have already taken flack for. I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR THE MUSIC TEACHER. He hid the truth till his dying day and only confessed at the end. That is cowardice it takes more strength to admit that you have wronged someone when youre not on your death bed.

Oh and whoever PMed their opinion i accidentally deleted it so i dont remember your name. But dont PM me that stuff this is a discussion thread put your opinions here thats what its for.
I do believe that Sakuraba knew about the his relationship with Nanaka before he died but not before he was bedridden.

I dont feel any type of pity for Sakuraba as well...not like there was any need to pity him. It is true that he is a coward but that can be said for about 75% of the world right now....There are alot of people that cant handle the consequences of there actions but yet still do it. Its really hard to open up and admit you commited an act against one of your friends, even more so your best friend even though you should tell him, its hard.

You are right that when she married the priest(someone tell me his name lol..I cant remember it!!!) because she chose him, I rewatched part of the ending and agreed that she chose him over Sakuraba or so it seems. But does that mean Sakuraba himself knew that the child he was teaching was his child, I have my doubts. Sakuraba is a coward as you stated, would he have been able to stay by the side of his daughter and face his bestfriend at the same time? No way would a coward be able to confront them at any time or even be in a room together. The mother was the only one that truly knew if you ask me...She knew but I dont think she told anyone, not until she heard about what happened to Sakuraba which lead to him telling the priest...If you think about it like that, Sakuraba only found out recently as well....but I am not saying I condone his actions with her...by all means what he has done is wrong.
Old 2007-12-31, 08:11   Link #270
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
He almost certainly did. Otherwise, a confession along the lines of "Oh, by the way, I slept with your wife before you were married, over ten years ago. And no, nothing came of it." doesn't seem to be particularly necessary. Besides, there's other clues like counting the months before Nanaka's birth and her appearance. If the teacher suspected, but didn't know for certain, it'd make sense for him to have confirmed it with Nanaka's mother before his deathbed confession.

Quote:
Second which i have already taken flack for. I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR THE MUSIC TEACHER. He hid the truth till his dying day and only confessed at the end. That is cowardice it takes more strength to admit that you have wronged someone when youre not on your death bed.
Absolutely. As it is, he should have talked it over with Nanaka's mother first, and then told Nanaka, and then all three of them should have been there when they tell Nanaka's father. What he did was an extremely selfish act that served solely to make himself better, with little regard for the consequences of his actions.

Quote:
Nankas mom obviously chose him because she said she did realize it was not his child till after they were married. If she really wanted to be with the music teacher she could have gotten a divorce but she didnt. The look she gave the music teacher in Nanakas room was a look of a person who made a child with the other. Im sure there were still feelings there because they shared a child. But she has ample opportunity to divorce or cheat again and to my knowledge it never happened again.
As far as I can tell, Nanaka's parents married because her mother was pregnant, which really meant that she had been deceiving the father from the very beginning. Lies of this nature are extremely corrosive of any relationship, and she certainly did him a grave disservice (obviously, it doesn't excuse his wife-abuse, murder-suicide and arsonic response).

By the way, because of the stigma against divorce in Japan (and the hardships caused by it), it may not have been a viable option.
Old 2007-12-31, 12:07   Link #271
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
To me, it's either

-symbolism (shameful twincest)
It is symbolism, you see it done all the time! It is left to the audience to imagine how they look after 10 years. They did the same with Yoko from gurren lagann after the 20 year time skip.
Old 2007-12-31, 14:14   Link #272
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I really wished they didn't show two of my favorite characters like that after the 10 years time skip.
Old 2007-12-31, 14:40   Link #273
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
As far as I can tell, Nanaka's parents married because her mother was pregnant, which really meant that she had been deceiving the father from the very beginning. Lies of this nature are extremely corrosive of any relationship, and she certainly did him a grave disservice (obviously, it doesn't excuse his wife-abuse, murder-suicide and arsonic response).

By the way, because of the stigma against divorce in Japan (and the hardships caused by it), it may not have been a viable option.
Oh no...where did you get this from? I believe that she had no idea from the start that nanaka was the sensei's daughter until after they were married. Even if they did marry because of her being pregnant, it would mean that the father also had sex with her beforehand - so in that case they both were happy thinking that they nanaka was their parents. Something must have happened in the middle to reveal the truth, which she hid for the sake of nanaka.
She was deceiving but she had no clue at the start...(but I usually hold no pity for such a situation in the first place...if she did have unprotected sex with sensei then she must be an idiot to think that there was nothing to worry about...like so many cases it is just comedy gold to see a father's "WTF how did that happen" face when they are told that they have an unwanted kid...someone should give there parents a book: "101 where do babies come from".)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-31, 15:46   Link #274
4Tran

If Nanaka's mother didn't know whether the father was her husband or the teacher, then wouldn't it be an act of deception to let the husband think that he was the father?
Old 2007-12-31, 16:27   Link #275
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
The thing is that she also though that her husband was the real father at first until proven wrong later. There is no deception until she found out herself and hid it from him - I bet she never thought a one night stand could have turned out like this.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-31, 16:32   Link #276
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
The thing is that she also though that her husband was the real father at first until proven wrong later. There is no deception until she found out herself and hid it from him - I bet she never thought a one night stand could have turned out like this.
The possibility should have crossed her mind after she learned she was pregnant. Unless she was unconscious when she "rendezvoused" with Sakuraba, she should have thought about it. That, and Nanaka looks nothing like the husband.
Old 2007-12-31, 18:35   Link #277
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
The possibility should have crossed her mind after she learned she was pregnant. Unless she was unconscious when she "rendezvoused" with Sakuraba, she should have thought about it. That, and Nanaka looks nothing like the husband.
Sadly, we dont know the sequence of things...who knows if the Sakuraba had sex with the wife first? Maybe it was the husband who had sex with her first and then the wife had sex with Sakuraba...we dont know how things went and just because she was pregnant with Sakuraba's child doesnt negate the possibilty that she had sex with others before him...which means she might not know who the kid belongs too from the start until something happen after the birth/marriage.
Old 2007-12-31, 18:52   Link #278
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
As far as I can tell, Nanaka's parents married because her mother was pregnant, which really meant that she had been deceiving the father from the very beginning.
She didn't know she was pregnant before they got married! She actually said this in the anime. The reason she knew it was the other guy must have been because she probably had unsafe sex with him and not with the husband to be. So that is how she knew it was not her husband. The affair was a last fling she wanted to have before getting married, some people have that reasoning, one last chance to have sex with someone before actually being commited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
No she did know it was not his once she found out she was pregnant, that is why she didn't told him it was not his because she was afraid he was going to make her abort. She probably knew it was not because of how advanced the pregnancy was and didn't add with the marriage.
Old 2007-12-31, 19:18   Link #279
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

everyone is a psycho in this show, i'm suprise there was no 'boat ending'
Old 2007-12-31, 20:08   Link #280
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

From what i gathered she didnt know she was pregnant till after she was married. Logically she probably assumed it was her then husband. But im sure after she went to have a check up or to confirm that she really was pregnant the doctor told her how far along she was, thats standard proceeder. So if she had sex with sensei 3 months ago but has only been married for 2 months and she about 9 weeks along then she could assume for sure that it was senseis child. Also, the husband showed that he suspected a little but let it go. At one point when Nanaka's mom is defending herself, the husbands states "so thats why Nanaka looks so much like him" To say this statement meant that on some level he noticed how similar they looked to one another but felt he was being paranoid or over thinking things because as far as he knew she had been faithful. Lets be honest here looking at facial features on a child as they get older you can tell who they look like, its if we choose to believe it or not.

I still maintain the fact that Nanakas mom and sensei had a night of passion but nothing more and things got carried away, the three were close for a long time and its possible that feeling developed for both guys. If she didnt think she was pregnant and she cared about sensei so much she didnt have to marry the other guy. She married him because she chose him. Either way to me they were both bad choices and in the end Nanaka an innocent paid for it.