Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-05, 10:57   Link #881
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
This kind of food for thought is quite pertinent actually. I'm not exactly sure what is the requirement to be "Knight of One", but pretty much that defending the Empire from a great threat wouldn't be unrewarded (or better: getting your hand on the geass witch, which seems to be really the core need of the Emperor).

Now, speaking of the "Knight of One" stuff, it is pretty much disturbing me to some points: what happened to Suzaku's ideal of "Changing the empire from within"?
As far as Suzaku implied in his "wish", he is actually trying to be the "guardian" of Japan or so... but, does it actually equal to "change of system"?
We don't have more details about it, but I'm not exactly sure if Charles will leave Suzaku doing whatever he wants with Area 11 as a regent. Principally, as a Knight of the Rounds, he is still under his orders and hence, the ideals and such. Controlling the area doesn't seem to resolve the problem at all, especially if Charles is doing the happy go lucky conqueror everywhere else. At the very best, Suzaku is really doing the hypocrite as he is protecting "what's around him", but certainly not doing what he claimed before "changing the empire so nobody will die".

It is terrific to see that kind of self justification, yet using the very things he is supposed to protect, in order to achieve in his means (it would be like lulu trying to use nunnaly herself to crush brittania: quite a contradiction).
Suzaku may have plans for the rest of Britannia as well. When Suzaku becomes governor of Japan, Nunnally would need a new job, and what better job could there be for her besides Empress?
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 10:58   Link #882
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Question: why is Suzaku "using" Nunally (quite possibly with her consent, by offering her something she wants) against Lelouch any worse than, say, Lelouch holding the student council hostage against Suzaku back at the end of season one? What this says to me is that Suzaku and Lelouch are becoming more similar and are on the same high round, said high ground being the Grand Canyon by now.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 10:59   Link #883
Kushi

How people can say Suzaku is "using Nunnally" without watching episode 6 and beyond? We all know Suzaku is pretty retarded... maybe he already knows Lulu is Zero again and wants him to step down so he doesn't have to fight his best friend again. What better to make him step down then by using his greatest weakest? Nunnally now has to protect area 11 against Zero and we all know Lulu won't do anything to hurt Nunnally.

We've only seen Suzaku for 1 episode, and from the impression of the last season he was all self rightneous. How can we instantly say that Suzaku became "dark"? And he already had his "revenge" by selling Lulu out to the emperor....

just my thoughts
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 11:02   Link #884
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Retarded? Do you even know the meaning of the word? o.O

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 11:08   Link #885
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
maybe he already knows Lulu is Zero again and wants him to step down so he doesn't have to fight his best friend again.
I wonder if you aren't forgetting episode 1, in which we see Suzaku saying "I'll be the one to kill Zero" ? To me it seems like he's quite hell-bent upon killing Lelouch this time around and at the same time severly limiting his possibilties by using Nunnally as the governor... Besides, didn't he say at the end that "he had already lost his best friend"? Seems like he's meaning Lelouch there, so this time around, I'd hardly call'em best friends
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 11:08   Link #886
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
How people can say Suzaku is "using Nunnally" without watching episode 6 and beyond? We all know Suzaku is pretty retarded... maybe he already knows Lulu is Zero again and wants him to step down so he doesn't have to fight his best friend again. What better to make him step down then by using his greatest weakest? Nunnally now has to protect area 11 against Zero and we all know Lulu won't do anything to hurt Nunnally.

We've only seen Suzaku for 1 episode, and from the impression of the last season he was all self rightneous. How can we instantly say that Suzaku became "dark"? And he already had his "revenge" by selling Lulu out to the emperor....

just my thoughts
1. Because his expression when handing Lelouch the phone doesn't seem a bit friendly.
2. Because he already said he will kill Zero.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 11:16   Link #887
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
I answered, telling you a possible reason for this "purely evil intention". Are you in a bad mood today??
I'm stating a fact. I'm not asking for a excuse thank you very much.
I understand what makes him a jackass. But that doesn't make him less of a jackass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
Don't put words in my mouth! I didn't say that. I never said Suzaku is an angel!
Don’t get angry over such little things!!
Please. READ.
Quote:
Why don't you tell that to the other blind defender who still thinks Suzaku is an angel doing everything to benefit all human kind?
Which part of THE OTHER do you not understand?
I'm sick and tired of blind defenders yelping over every little thing that seems to be bad to sweeeeet little suzaku, without even trying to understand other people's posts.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 11:21   Link #888
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Please. READ.
Which part of THE OTHER do you not understand?
Ops......sorry I missed the word "other" ...I misunderstood.....Once Again, I’m Sorry
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 11:25   Link #889
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
This kind of food for thought is quite pertinent actually. I'm not exactly sure what is the requirement to be "Knight of One", but pretty much that defending the Empire from a great threat wouldn't be unrewarded (or better: getting your hand on the geass witch, which seems to be really the core need of the Emperor).

Now, speaking of the "Knight of One" stuff, it is pretty much disturbing me to some points: what happened to Suzaku's ideal of "Changing the empire from within"?
As far as Suzaku implied in his "wish", he is actually trying to be the "guardian" of Japan or so... but, does it actually equal to "change of system"?
We don't have more details about it, but I'm not exactly sure if Charles will leave Suzaku doing whatever he wants with Area 11 as a regent. Principally, as a Knight of the Rounds, he is still under his orders and hence, the ideals and such. Controlling the area doesn't seem to resolve the problem at all, especially if Charles is doing the happy go lucky conqueror everywhere else. At the very best, Suzaku is really doing the hypocrite as he is protecting "what's around him", but certainly not doing what he claimed before "changing the empire so nobody will die".

It is terrific to see that kind of self justification, yet using the very things he is supposed to protect, in order to achieve in his means (it would be like lulu trying to use nunnaly herself to crush brittania: quite a contradiction).
Unless like Lelouch he wants to use Japan as a springboard for his goals.

I mean Lelouch's goals were to change the world but that also included liberating Japan which came first.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 11:29   Link #890
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Unless like Lelouch he wants to use Japan as a springboard for his goals.

I mean Lelouch's goals were to change the world but that also included liberating Japan which came first.
doesn't really deal with the other issues though. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 11:49   Link #891
greyhawk
Some dude

After giving it some thought, I've come to the conclusion that Suzaku is deliberately using Nunally to suppress Lelouch's will to fight (technically she'll just be another decorative governor like Euphie, though I wonder whether she's recognized as a Britannian princess now, pretty sure someone has to remember her), lol @ Lelouch who originally intended to make Suzaku her knight, how ironic. So it looks like not only Lelouch knows the technique of hostage-taking.
It was a very wise move by Suzaku. Making Nunally the new governor, asking 2 other Knights of Rounds for help ("more than enough military strength"<-- Lelouch had difficulty dealing with one KoR before, now there are 3 of them, so we may have to rely on Rolo now, though his Geass apparently has some weakness, damn Suzaku clearly has the upper hand ATM). Suzaku has no one to protect with all his life, while Lelouch does. But knowing the series, Lelouch WILL and WILL defeat Suzaku's great plot, he has the power to accomplish the impossible, I'm definitely looking forward to the next ep.
Hmm, assuming Suzaku becomes the Knight of One and he chooses Japan, what'll happen after he dies? (probably assassinated, executed, or simply in his bed) Still, if someone has to win the war, it'd better be Lelouch (he'll put an end to Britannia, the root of all evil and colonialism, no more fake independence or the need to use a privilege granted by the Emperor)
greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 11:51   Link #892
Kushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Retarded? Do you even know the meaning of the word? o.O
"Slow or limited in intellectual". Do you think an average person could think up a plan as bad as the one Suzaku is trying to excute right now? You don't have to take every word so literally. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
I wonder if you aren't forgetting episode 1, in which we see Suzaku saying "I'll be the one to kill Zero" ? To me it seems like he's quite hell-bent upon killing Lelouch this time around and at the same time severly limiting his possibilties by using Nunnally as the governor... Besides, didn't he say at the end that "he had already lost his best friend"? Seems like he's meaning Lelouch there, so this time around, I'd hardly call'em best friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
1. Because his expression when handing Lelouch the phone doesn't seem a bit friendly.
2. Because he already said he will kill Zero.
He'll be the one to kill "Zero", but he never said he'll kill "Lelouch". If he could have Lelouch stop all his activites after knowing that Nunnally is the governor then technically he's "killed Zero". Yes I know I'm probably reading way too deeply into such an insignificant sentence. The only thing is to sit back and watch the show and hope that my speculation is wrong. *is hoping for an end where Suzaku dies*
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 12:02   Link #893
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Hmm, assuming Suzaku becomes the Knight of One and he chooses Japan, what'll happen after he dies? (probably assassinated, executed, or simply in his bed) Still, if someone has to win the war, it'd better be Lelouch (he'll put an end to Britannia, the root of all evil and colonialism, no more fake independence or the need to use a privilege granted by the Emperor)
The better question is what happens after he takes over Japan though regardless it ain't gonna happen anyways. If Nunnally does actually take over then it shouldn't be much of an issue to him.
Old 2008-05-05, 12:08   Link #894
greyhawk
Some dude

Quote:
*is hoping for an end where Suzaku dies*
Wrong, I'd be hoping for an ending where the Knights of Rounds and all Britannian princes/princesses realize how corrupted/stupid/badass the whole empire is and join Lelouch in his ultimate coup d'état to overthrow the Emperor, then let Lelouch become the new Emperor so that he could build a better world full of love and compassion where all people are treated with equality =>And everybody lived happily ever after
Quote:
The better question is what happens after he takes over Japan though regardless it ain't gonna happen anyways. If Nunnally does actually take over then it shouldn't be much of an issue to him.
You're missing my point dude, Nunnally will be more or less a decorative governor that no one gives a hoot about, so it's up to Suzaku to utilize the privilege granted by the Emperor. Anyway, after both of them die if you'd like?
Old 2008-05-05, 12:16   Link #895
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I'm not really surprised by him using Nunnally, not only did Lelouch kill his girlfriend and turn her into a mass murderer, but Suzaku has spent the last year hanging around the Emperor and some of the most elite knights; he would have not only picked up some ruthlessness but intelligence also.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 12:16   Link #896
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Wrong, I'd be hoping for an ending where the Knights of Rounds and all Britannian princes/princesses realize how corrupted/stupid/badass the whole empire is and join Lelouch in his ultimate coup d'état to overthrow the Emperor, then let Lelouch become the new Emperor so that he could build a better world full of love and compassion where all people are treated with equality =>And everybody lived happily ever after
No it'll be an ending where the Emperor and Schnzeil are killed by someone else who in turn is killed by Lelouch, making him the emperor again and forcing everyone to bow to him.

"You keep what you kill"

Quote:
You're missing my point dude, Nunnally will be more or less a decorative governor that no one gives a hoot about, so it's up to Suzaku to utilize the privilege granted by the Emperor. Anyway, after both of them die if you'd like?
What part of the word, "Actually" did you not understand? With that advisor I hardly doubt she'll be just standing on the stands anyways (Or the advisor will be the one enforcing Nunnally's will - granted probably not as nice as Nunnally would want).
Old 2008-05-05, 12:18   Link #897
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhawk View Post

Humanity is the root of all evil and he if he puts an end to Brittannia it' just create a world war. They all want power and they're all corrupted. Come to think of it. After every revolution there's a worse and crueler war or crappier goverment taht exploits people even more.

And there is no end to colonialism, it just takes on different forms.

Quote:
"Slow or limited in intellectual". Do you think an average person could think up a plan as bad as the one Suzaku is trying to excute right now? You don't have to take every word so literally. :P
The plan is that bad. It would work. With power you can do anything you want. And than you more appropriate words, there are plenty of them in english

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 12:20   Link #898
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
No it'll be an ending where the Emperor and Schnzeil are killed by someone else who in turn is killed by Lelouch, making him the emperor again and forcing everyone to bow to him.
Yes, Evil Nunnally! Her time is nigh. Suzaku is just her boytoy.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 13:08   Link #899
greyhawk
Some dude

Quote:
What part of the word, "Actually" did you not understand? With that advisor I hardly doubt she'll be just standing on the stands anyways (Or the advisor will be the one enforcing Nunnally's will - granted probably not as nice as Nunnally would want).
And my point is that she won't have any real power, read.
Alright, let's see what Nunnally can do with that new title of hers, like ordering all Britannians to stop bullying the nice Japanese and building a wonderful country for all its citizens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Yes, Evil Nunnally! Her time is nigh. Suzaku is just her boytoy.
Lol so hard.
*imagine*
The last episode of CG: Turn 75: Raison d'être <-- Lelouch and Suzaku have a Knightmare duel with Hell Nunnaly, who is piloting what, the Arthur
Old 2008-05-05, 13:39   Link #900
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
And my point is that she won't have any real power, read.
Alright, let's see what Nunnally can do with that new title of hers, like ordering all Britannians to stop bullying the nice Japanese and building a wonderful country for all its citizens
You still don't understand the word actually and your still sprouting off ridiculous unnecessary comments.

By actually I mean she'll be given the exact same position as Cornelia and Clovis held when they governed Japan by the Emperor's mandate. Meaning that the only person higher than her would be the knights and Schenzeil himself. And again it's royalty, you don't go against royalty and you give Nunnally too little credit(Which is also why I pointed out about the advisor. I'm sure she's not just there to help nunnally get from Point A to Point B). Of course that's a big IF.

Your point being is that she's just being used to capture Zero which once that is done she'll be dismissed and someone else will take over which I too agree if that WILL be the case.

However, being given the governor-general gives her supreme command of both the administration and military forces stationed in Japan. Euphie only had the vice status which as everyone pointed out was a decorative title.