AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-05-28, 12:27   Link #41
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEB View Post
As for what I parsed here it contains a Konata pillow cover, an 'okiraku' mobile phone cleaner cloth and "a balloon with Konata's sayings". And damn, those resellers take a good price for it
The balloon is one of those blow-up punching bag things. See here:

http://tatakai.blog68.fc2.com/blog-category-7.html

Scroll down.
aorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 14:43   Link #42
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorta View Post
The balloon is one of those blow-up punching bag things. See here:

http://tatakai.blog68.fc2.com/blog-category-7.html

Scroll down.
Thanks for making that clear... but... "Punching bag"? No way I'd punch that (and the size doesn't look big enough for me to be a "punching bag"). More like a "blow-up balloon stand" or something.

Although I would rather mix a Konata figurine in the anime pose with a white carton in the background that says the legendary "貧乳はステータスだ、希少価値だ!"
Old 2007-05-30, 22:25   Link #43
Anime Online

Media Create, which tracks weekly best selling video games in Japan, has reported that the DS game 真・らき☆すた 萌えドリル ~旅立ち~ (Shin Lucky☆Star Moe Drill: Tabidachi) has hit #3 in the sales chart between 21 May to 27 May. Check out the game OP .

Supposedly it's a brain training game with a story attached as well as otaku elements like a tsundere quiz to test how tsundere you are. It also uses the drama seiyuus
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 16:39   Link #44
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Media Create, which tracks weekly best selling video games in Japan, has reported that the DS game 真・らき☆すた 萌えドリル ~旅立ち~ (Shin Lucky☆Star Moe Drill: Tabidachi) has hit #3 in the sales chart between 21 May to 27 May. Check out the game OP .

Supposedly it's a brain training game with a story attached as well as otaku elements like a tsundere quiz to test how tsundere you are. It also uses the drama seiyuus
It's actually a pretty interesting concept, although the screenshots look a bit bland at some points... But I just love the Fate series cosplay. Kagami as Tousaka... Never mind me, please... I just had a nosebleed.

For the parts that might be fun if they'd be large (so that various situations wouldn't recycle themselves), I'd mention the hougen check (translate regional Japanese dialects into "usual" Japanese) and the cinema mode (where you try your luck as a voice actor). At times like these I hope that I had a DS
Old 2007-06-12, 17:09   Link #45
Lunacy

Hi. I need help finding two different Konata t-shirts online. First one is this one: http://nijigencospa.com/detail/id/0000008487 Second one: http://cospatio.com/detail/id/00000008520

The first problem is most of these retailers will not ship outside of Japan. Second, I don't want to use a deputy service or get it through Yahoo! Auction Japan. If anyone has any idea or suggestion to purchase these shirts, or if you know any site, it would be kindly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. Most of the sites seem to be sold out of these as well... ugh.
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 17:14   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, HLJ has a few Lucky Star t-shirts, though they're backordered.

HLJ Link
Old 2007-06-12, 22:54   Link #47
Lunacy

Back-ordered is certainly better than out-of-stock (almost every single place is). I will give them a try and pray that I get one. You don't know how much you have helped me out. Thank you so much Shiroth!
Old 2007-06-13, 19:53   Link #48
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Speaking of HLJ, I remember once I placed an order for a back-ordered Haruhi t-shirt a year ago IIRC, because I wanted to wear one for a convention. What I don't remember is what became of it. ^^;

I think either they never got a stock again, or that the demand was so high that because my place in the backorder list was so high, they ran out of stock on the backordered stock before they reached my ranking place. In anycase, I don't have a t-shirt from them. I guess it can't hurt to try, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. ^^;

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 21:02   Link #49
Lunacy

I have had my share of "backordered" nightmare before as well -- coinsidentally, with t-shirts and clothing --and I know better to raise my hope. But I really want these Konata t-shirts, especially the "dress up Konata" one, and it makes me a little happy to know that I have a slight chance through HLJ. I have never ordered from HLJ, so I cannot make a comment about their overall quality, but I am praying that they will somehow miraculously have one for me! But, yeah, I usually hate the word 'backorderd' but I am quite desperate for these shirts. ^^; Thank you so much anyway for trying to watch my back Kain!
Old 2007-06-13, 21:13   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Over the last few years, "backordered" usually means they're out and have asked for more but no one has gotten around to laughing at their request yet. www.hlj.com is pretty straightforward about that - they won't take orders what they don't have (and pre-orders are based on what the manufacturer allots them). I've seen a few figure-backorders actually open up ... but much more rarely the other products.

Or there's the yesasia (and sometimes amazon) tactic of never actually having the product but getting you to wait for six weeks while everyone else empties their shelves and then lamenting they weren't able to get it, your loss.

At least I know that cdjapan.co.jp will damn near break their necks to make sure they meet their pre-order commitment.
Amazon and yesasia need to review what "just in time" stocking is... it ain't "say we have it and then maybe worry about getting it later".

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-06-13 at 21:25.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 22:29   Link #51
aorta

I got Comp Heroines Vol.04 2007 Summer issue in the mail today. It has Lucky Star postcards, a Konata pencilboard, and posters that have the same images as the postcard. The back of the pencilboard had a character taking off a Konata mask; i'm not sure who it's supposed to be. I don't have a scanner, so maybe this will pop up online somewhere.
Old 2007-06-14, 00:41   Link #52
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorta View Post
I got Comp Heroines Vol.04 2007 Summer issue in the mail today. It has Lucky Star postcards, a Konata pencilboard, and posters that have the same images as the postcard. The back of the pencilboard had a character taking off a Konata mask; i'm not sure who it's supposed to be. I don't have a scanner, so maybe this will pop up online somewhere.
Thank you for sharing that with us!

Anyway, I think that's probably a drawing of Aya Hirano that appeared on a comic strip that was posted twice before in the image thread.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2007-06-14 at 00:45. Reason: It would help if I put the right thread for those comics...
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 21:25   Link #53
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

Anyway, I think that's probably a drawing of Aya Hirano that appeared on a comic strip that was posted twice before in the image thread.

That's it, but on the pencilboard it's not in color.
Old 2007-06-15, 19:17   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Has anyone had any luck finding anymore sites which we can order Lucky Star t-shirts from? HLJ and the backorder are not going to clear up anytime soon. ;__;
Old 2007-06-18, 14:03   Link #55
Kagami
My darlin darlin PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Speaking of HLJ, I remember once I placed an order for a back-ordered Haruhi t-shirt a year ago IIRC, because I wanted to wear one for a convention. What I don't remember is what became of it. ^^;

I think either they never got a stock again, or that the demand was so high that because my place in the backorder list was so high, they ran out of stock on the backordered stock before they reached my ranking place. In anycase, I don't have a t-shirt from them. I guess it can't hurt to try, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. ^^;
I placed an order for some Shana shirts a while back as well, and at first it said May restock so I was like ok cool. But then they changed it to June and now I'm just waiting to see if they are gonna fulfull my order. Kinda sucks waiting for so long like this just for a t-shirt but if I can't get my hands on it, hopefully AX will be the place to find what I'm looking for. Last year I was able to get a Mahoromatic t-shirt from one of the vendors.
Kagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 14:37   Link #56
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Okay these are listed as discountinued at HLJ... so who has these and does anyone know if or when these gashapons will be re-issued?

AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 20:14   Link #57
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I didn't find this info in other threads so let me know if this is redundant info...

According to the Lucky Star Hompage, You can pre-order a special Lucky Star "Okiraku Box" (Big Luck?) to be released in 9/26/2007. Two are planned: Konata and Kagami versions.

In these boxes you'll find these items:

☆ Kagami or Konata figurine designed and supervised by Yoshimizu Kagami Sensei. 10cm tall each.

☆ A booklet called "Okiraku Guidebook" featuring Konata or Kagami

☆ An enjoyable CD-ROM with either Konata or Kagami, containing wallpaper, screen-saver and other goodies.

☆ RyouOu Gakuen Student Notebood Style Memopad, Konata or Kagami version

It seemed you can star pre-order with any bookstore (note, NOT hobby shops) starting from 6/16. I checked Amazon and lo and behold, there they be:

Kotana Okiraku Box
Kagami Okiraku Box

Now I don't know about you, but I'm definately getting these. Yeah they're really tiny but I like them that way. I know Amazon.jp doesn't ship figures internationally, but these appearantly count as books. So I just did my pre-order. They took it and will ship on 9/28/07.

Here's the figurine photos. How can you NOT GET?

Kona-chan:

Kagami-sama:

EDIT: According to Amazon, the Kagami-sama box is ranked at #11 and Kona-chan box is ranked at #14. It's pretty AMAZING to see pre-orders ranked so high! And Kagami-sama is beating kona-chan! Tsundere'ko rulez!!!

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-06-18 at 20:39.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 22:44   Link #58
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

They look nice, but the color of the paint on Kagami's hair seems a little on the blue side (almost identical to Kona's!). I assume it'll be different on the actual figure...

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...
Suzumiya Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 23:16   Link #59
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I stewed on these quite a while before ruling against them... they're quite cute but I'd rather have a group of small characters if those ever come to light.
Old 2007-06-18, 23:29   Link #60
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I also decided not to get them (though they're adorable! *fangirl squee!*). I can justify getting manga and anime, but figurines I have a hard time with (I say that but I have the Galaxy Angels and a couple other random little characters hanging out on my bookshelf... I forgot my excuses for getting those).
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote