AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-14, 13:00   Link #101
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Ah, so that's why comparing him to Sousuke felt off... and having seen Scrapped Princess, the character design is very similar. However, Saizo is definitely not any sort of protector like Shannon was... or at least, not initially, as we've seen (just as long as we don't get a Ciz character in this... that part in Scrapped Princess completely sucked)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 02:01   Link #102
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
just as long as we don't get a Ciz character in this...
Poor Cz. Well, I don't foresee that happening, but I do suspect Saizo will become more protective as the plot progresses. Partly, I guess, because he can't very well become any LESS protective without abandoning Isanami altogether
Old 2012-01-15, 02:22   Link #103
OkamiNoKaze

Did anyone find it odd Isanami was wearing what looked like bike shorts?
Old 2012-01-15, 03:34   Link #104
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 13:33   Link #105
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Did anyone find it odd Isanami was wearing what looked like bike shorts?
I noticed that strange anachronism. Could've sworn spandex was a fairly recent invention, but I'm not really an expert on feudal Japanese clothing

When I saw it, though, it was not really clear to me whether it was actually clothing or after-the-fact censorship.
Old 2012-01-15, 22:15   Link #106
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2012-01-16, 00:37   Link #107
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... even though the show is not really my cup of tea I have discovered that the ED has kinda wormed its way into my "I like it" realm.... :\
Old 2012-01-16, 01:18   Link #108
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Is it me or did they skip alot from the manga + censoring?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 07:51   Link #109
Valky
Radioactive

Yes, they are. Probably because it's only 12 episodes anime.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 12:28   Link #110
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Even if the episode goes a bit fast, I loved it. The new blonde girl Ana is gorgeous, so far she is on the same level of cuteness as Isanami. It probably won't stay as tie for too long though. The fights were pure eye candy for me, fast and furious. And wow, the enemy was Hanzo himself.
Old 2012-01-16, 14:12   Link #111
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, being as how there are 20+ chapters translated and all of the Braves haven't even been introduced yet, it's a safe bet the anime is going to compress the hell out of the story.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 15:12   Link #112
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Is it me or did they skip alot from the manga + censoring?
Aye, a good few things were omitted from Ana's introductory scene. I do think that it would've felt it a little out of place if it were to be animated.

Spoiler for Ana's intro (Manga):

The fight between Hanzo and Saizo was a little different in the manga. I did like how it was handled in the anime, tough.

Spoiler for Hanzo vs. Saizo (Manga):

Seeing Saizo get up and protect Isanami a second time because of what she said to him earlier on in the episode was awesome. Still, not only did Hanzo defeat him but he also mocked some of his skills, so I guess that's reason enough for Saizo to improve.

Meh. I guess I just really like this show.

I wasn't expecting to see Isanami wear bike shorts; I love myself some lovely bike shorts. Speaking off, her dance in the festival was really pretty.

Since the anime will end in a different way than the manga due to the rather low amount of chapters released so far, the only thing I need to see is some proper romance between Saizo and Isanami. <3
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 18:49   Link #113
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Spoiler for Ana's intro (Manga):
Really? Then I'm glad that anime team changed it. For that, I give them a thumb up.
Old 2012-01-16, 21:15   Link #114
destiny4everlove

I’m so glad I decided to read the manga after watching the first episode because they omitted a lot of stuff from the manga in episode 2.
Spoiler for for manga:

Yes, I was a bit upset with the stuff they omitted and changed (except with the introduction of Anastacia because it is very understandable why they changed that) but I forgive them because they showed the part of Isanami and Saizou inside the cave and the scene when Isanami calls Saizou her ray of light. <3~

Saizou vs. masked bad guy was cool and I enjoyed watching it. Sasuke was very cool as well. I also liked the part of Sanada and Rokuro, it was funny.

I know what is coming and it is why I can’t wait to watch the next episode.

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
destiny4everlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 00:27   Link #115
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

LOL, Isanami might be destined with Saizou, but you have to go through Ana first. Work for it, you airhead!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 08:49   Link #116
Arya

Aah, liked this episode, too. And know that you have showed me that Isanami is a cross between Tessa and Kaname i like her even more
And I like Saizou because he looks different from his usual character, dense and stoic samurai. I was positively surprised about two thing
Spoiler for ep. 2:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 09:54   Link #117
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
what is it about dysfunctional couples in animes? Saizou can fight it all he wants but even the strongest warrior has not shield against the constant affections of an attractive women there is not defense women are the ultimate swords that can render even the strongest defense useless. But there is a advantage a man fighting for something is much stronger than a man who fights for nothing. The fact that Saizo drew strength from Isanami's words and was able to not only land a blow on Hittori Hanzo but also forced him to flee is noteworthy in its self.

i did enjoy Isanami's constant jealously antics lol no other women is going to be able to get close to Saizou with her around.
Old 2012-01-17, 14:38   Link #118
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I liked this episode a lot, perhaps even more than the first episode. We are introduced to some new antaganists and we get a little developement between Saizo and Isanami.

I liked Ana, she seemed like a pretty interesting character, being Saizo's childhood friend. It appears that she likes teasing Saizo quite a bit

Sasuke has really beamed near to the top on my favourites list from this anime thanks to this episode. I definately liked his enthusiam to keep fighting even after being poisoned, and that scene with the woman he was fighting being in a forest surrounded by animals being controlled by Sasuke was very cool. I loved his eyes and the way he declared that she wouldn't leave the forest alive.

The episode had me ending in laughter though when Sasuke kept calling Saizo's name and eventually Saizo just went back to his usual self and said "Shut up, your voice is too loud" XD Oh Saizo, even when hurt and on the verge on going unconscious, you still show your hatred towards Sasuke
Old 2012-01-17, 18:44   Link #119
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 2:
I agree, I think he might be afraid as well for whatever reason. I feel like he wants to belong to something and yet he doesn't. He has an internal conflict going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Yes, they are. Probably because it's only 12 episodes anime.
I didn't read the manga, but I hate it when anime skips so much...
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 08:52   Link #120
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 10.

Why is that when Ana came to greet Saizo, I could only see Sasuke and Naruko? This is bad...

Anyway, Saizo fights Orochimaruan uwabami and Konoha the castle gets under attack.

Last edited by Haak; 2012-01-18 at 09:12.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen