AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-09-27, 12:01   Link #1041
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Does anyone here have any more information on this book here?

http://www.otaku.co.uk/cgi-bin/itemv...?itemid=71324a

Looks interesting enough to get a hold of, knowing a lil' bit more about it would be nice.
The following is the first in a series of Negima fan books. This fan book is split into two parts. The first part, as the cover suggests, provides information about Asuna. The second part is a "school newspaper" type thing that includes, among other things, a horoscope page by Konoka, a couple of 4-koma comics invovling Nodoka, Yue, and Chachazero, and an "Alice in Wonderland" like story that involves Nodoka (not sure if that's a serial story that will continue in later fan books).

BTW, the second fan book, which focuses on the Library Trio (Nodoka, Yue, and Haruna), is out as well.
Old 2006-09-27, 12:10   Link #1042
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanka a lot for the information. I'll probably start to collect each book as they go along. :3
Old 2006-09-27, 13:08   Link #1043
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen
hmm ... thought of something ... how casual/polite is the talk between Negi and the girls ... doesn't feel like there is any diffence when reading the del ray but as far as i know about japanese then there should be ... so ... basicly ... how much/little does the casual/polite jumps accour and how 'extreme' is they?
One of the small tragedies in many English translations is the loss of that key information. Sometimes the change from -san to -kun or dropping the honorific completely is the *only* clue you get that the relationship has changed.

As far as I can tell from what little of the original text I've seen. Negi tends to address his students properly (last name -san) for the most part but switches to their first name as he adventures with them. I don't think he's called anyone firstname-chan (being a 10 yr old amongst a bunch of teenagers) but someone feel free to correct me. I just can't see him ever calling Mana anything but Tatsumiya-san

OTOH, the girls all trash the normal teacher-student relationship with their affectionate nicknames for him (Negi-bozu, Boya, etc). I'm curious as to how their addressing of him has changed as their respect for him grows, but haven't seen anything to provide a clue other than them addressing him as "Sensei" when he scores admiration points.
Old 2006-09-28, 10:02   Link #1044
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

yeah ... argee about the tragedies one ... which is part of the reason i'm listening to japanese language courses ... my hope is one day to be able to swap all my manga (not that it is that much ... only ~60) to japanese and reread them that way

hmm ... the only girls i wouldn't be surprised of being called -chan by negi is Fuka and Fumika ... and prehaps by a long shot nodoka
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 10:13   Link #1045
rooboy
Umeboshi!

The Del Rey version keeps the honorifics intact (at least, as far as I've checked).

Interestingly, in the original, I don't think any of the students call Negi by his last name (even the more formal students, like Ayaka) - but I've always attributed that to the fact that it's easier to fit "Negi-sensei" into a bubble then "Supringufīrudo-sensei". As a matter of fact, I don't think anyone's ever referred to him by his last name - but I could easily be forgetting an instance or two; however, even if it has happened, it's exceptionally uncommon.

EDIT: Moved the second piece of that to make it clear that in the second part I'm actually referring to the original, not the Del Rey version.

Last edited by rooboy; 2006-09-28 at 11:32.
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 10:17   Link #1046
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Del Rey has done a reasonable job.... my qualification is simply because I haven't seen the original text to do a sanity check on whether once they establish the names if they keep paying attention in case the honorific changes.
Old 2006-09-29, 17:02   Link #1047
Tmoo
Furry Squirrel

Quote:
Does anyone here have any more information on this book here?

http://www.otaku.co.uk/cgi-bin/itemv...?itemid=71324a

Looks interesting enough to get a hold of, knowing a lil' bit more about it would be nice.
that's volume 1 of the Negipa! fanbook series.

you can find volumes 1 and 2 here: http://z4.invisionfree.com/aquastar/...showtopic=3785

they're uploaded by a guy called Spirits Having Flown, so just look for his posts.
Tmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 17:18   Link #1048
NeoSam

From ComiPress:

Quote:
Preview of "Negima!? neo" in Comic BomBom Special Issue
A special issue of Comic BomBom titled Abrakadabra was released on 9/29. The magazine contains a preview "chapter 0" of the upcoming "Negima!? neo" manga, set to start in the November issue of Comic BomBom.
Old 2006-09-29, 17:36   Link #1049
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ooo, wouldn't mind having a lil' look at that preview - though it looks like i'm just gonna have to wait until the manga's release.
Old 2006-09-30, 22:48   Link #1050
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I just saw the newest chapter of Negima (not the Neo). It leaves me thinking if the 'good' will resort to terrible evil to triumph over the 'evil' in this instance, if only a little... well before things turn out on top for Negi and his motley crew.

Spoiler:

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 16:16   Link #1051
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

this negima neo ... is it a prequal to the 'real' manga or?
Old 2006-10-02, 00:08   Link #1052
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Ooo, wouldn't mind having a lil' look at that preview - though it looks like i'm just gonna have to wait until the manga's release.
I saw the preview chapter - it's an adventure with Negi and Anya! That's right, an entire chapter of Anya goodness!
Old 2006-10-02, 21:32   Link #1053
BakaRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen
this negima neo ... is it a prequal to the 'real' manga or?
It's based on the new anime Negima!? Meaning, it's an alternative story with the same characters done by someone else.
BakaRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 21:46   Link #1054
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I saw the preview chapter - it's an adventure with Negi and Anya! That's right, an entire chapter of Anya goodness!
That just screams out win-win! Now i really can't wait to get my hands on the new manga~
Old 2006-10-02, 22:00   Link #1055
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
That just screams out win-win! Now i really can't wait to get my hands on the new manga~
I haven't had time to t/l yet - but just seeing the two of them together is really cute. The art was quite nice as well - it looks like a real winner.
Old 2006-10-02, 22:02   Link #1056
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I haven't had time to t/l yet - but just seeing the two of them together is really cute. The art was quite nice as well - it looks like a real winner.
The artworks gotta be the main part of the new manga i'm looking forward to seeing - and if i can help it, going to try and not see any of it until i have it in my hands. :3
Old 2006-10-04, 22:39   Link #1057
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Well that was a little bit intense. I had to remove all the curses from your post because the alternative was deleting the entire post. Since I hate to remove anyone's point of view, I would appreciate if you could express your views politely. Even after my editing it is still rather borderline. You don't really need to insult everyone reading this thread, just because you don't like this show.

Sorry that I didn't watch the video all the way through, but it was 10 minutes long and rather boring. Consequently I don't know why he didn't kiss the fat girl. While I'll take your word that he didn't kiss her, I should point out that he didn't kiss many of the other girls also.

Negima is certainly ecchi silliness, but you are the one who really needs to take it less seriously.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 23:48   Link #1058
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its hard to take such a post seriously because it so resembles the stereotypical parody that people making fun of the hobby latch onto.

I suppose this is an example of the courteous discussion and intellectual content found on "some other anime forums"

Negima is simply fun and entertaining --- no profound thinking required. Ken A. does some things well and some... rather hackneyed. No worse than the average writer for prime time television drama and comedy.
Old 2006-10-06, 07:46   Link #1059
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

[sacastic]
*claps ...

nice that someone can find time to come with such a lovely negative post when they could have used the time on many other things
[/sacastic]

seriusly ... that your doing is like stepping up in the middle of the vatican state and yelling that god is a idiot ... oh well ... guess you shouldn't feel trolls so ...
Old 2006-10-06, 10:02   Link #1060
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Darn I missed it I'm sure it was very colorful.

Have any groups stepped up to say they're subbing this little show yet?

About the only complaint I have is that there's a lot of "cross-channel" chatter between this thread, the manga thread, and the original series thread making it a bit difficult at times to tell who is talking about what

Tags
action, fantasy