AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 25 20.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 31.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 18.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-15, 20:36   Link #61
[ARX7]

good episode. I guess I should stop reading the manga so it won't spoil the anime for me :P
Old 2009-05-15, 20:38   Link #62
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I really dislike Christmas episodes when its not Christmas, but luckily this wasn't a heavy one, so it was good. And as everyone has thought and said.. "I'll marry you Mio!" lol.
Old 2009-05-15, 21:09   Link #63
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ARX7] View Post
good episode. I guess I should stop reading the manga so it won't spoil the anime for me :P
In my case, I'm probably going to keep reading the manga. Sure there's potential to be spoiled, but it's something that I accept when I want to both read the manga and watch the show. After all, no matter which version I experience first, the other one will be spoiled. So I may as well go with the flow.

There's also probably the fact I have a strange liking for 4-Koma manga. Especially ones involving cute girls such as K-ON! Which makes it hard for me to resist the idea of reading the manga.
Old 2009-05-15, 21:19   Link #64
Texas84
よろしく

I want to adopt Yui & Ui. Their parents left them alone and ran to Germany? I think if this was the USA, Child Protective Services would have something to say about that. But their scenes reminded me of the last Minami-Ke. Very sweet. Especially after just finishing School Days.
Old 2009-05-15, 21:41   Link #65
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

This was a sweet ep. the relationship of Yui and Ui runs deep. also, Sawa-chan.. wtf. haha. and Mio, so much Moe-ness this ep too. i really want to know the back story of Mugi now. hopefully they'll devote an ep to that.

and next ep, you can't have more members in k-on...
Old 2009-05-15, 22:50   Link #66
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, a new member or two might draw some of the heat away from Mio, make the newbie the target sort of thing.
Old 2009-05-15, 22:53   Link #67
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, considering the ending only still has the four of them in it, i doubt they'll be adding members. maybe people will be like, wtf are you guys up to. i'm leaving.
Old 2009-05-15, 22:57   Link #68
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well they do spend an unnatural amount of time drinking tea and eating cake during club activites (like Yui wished for this episode).
Old 2009-05-15, 22:58   Link #69
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ugh. Still too much Sawa and Mio, not enough Yui, Ritsu and Mugi. Ok maybe not Yui/Ui, but you get my point.
Old 2009-05-16, 00:11   Link #70
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Well, that was a pretty light episode all in all and while it had its moments, it doesn't really seem to do anything to engage the viewer beyond just purely showing them what's going on. I can deal with that once in awhile, but normally, my preference is for a show to get me involved by seriously thinking about what's happening on screen. Hidamari Sketch did a pretty good job of that with its pacing, and that's probably what I'm missing the most of from this series.
Old 2009-05-16, 00:16   Link #71
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

more I watch of this, more it reminds me of how much I have in common with Yui. I'm the same with not gaining weight no matter how much I eat.

ahh I love how Mugi-chan always lights up when something fascinates her, its sooooooo adorable
Old 2009-05-16, 00:16   Link #72
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well, a new member or two might draw some of the heat away from Mio, make the newbie the target sort of thing.
Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-05-16, 00:40   Link #73
Karnot
Banned

They went completely overboard with extreme cuteness in this episode, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much...
Old 2009-05-16, 02:02   Link #74
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Meh.

I question why I still continue to watch the show at this point, it's becoming horribly mediocre and predictable, which sucks out what little charm and heart this show had to begin with.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-05-16, 02:08   Link #75
Friday
Im shy too...

another good episode

sister looking after sister(I mean Ui looking after Yui)

parents away

and Sawa gatecrashing
Old 2009-05-16, 05:50   Link #76
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Happy cute little show and so much critique aimed at it. I think people should just stop watching this if they feel that negative about it. Especially with the latest episode. That was just so cute and fun. Not for you? Then don't watch. And stop questioning manhood and your purpose on Earth like Omni.
Old 2009-05-16, 06:02   Link #77
paladinenvec

Average episode 6/10 for me ;(.
Old 2009-05-16, 06:36   Link #78
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just watched it again and there's still so much space for everyone else to grow and develop. The scenes showcasing Yui and Ui's relationship was definitely a step in the right direction and was a joy to watch. I guess all those scenes with Sawa-chan is still excusable because it's not like she's on screen all the time. I still find it sad and wasteful that we still don't get to focus as much on everyone else sans Mio. I mean, like I said, one girl does not a band make.

Still, while it seems Yui and the new girl will become the spotlight for the next coming episodes, that still leaves out poor Ritsu and Mugi.
Old 2009-05-16, 09:28   Link #79
Semantics
Ahhh, the irony.

The New Year scene in the manga was much funnier. It seemed as if the anime added it in just for the purpose of drawing Mio in a Kimono. Which is WIN as always; I died of moe even though I'm not a Mio fan. Sawa-chan also seems a little out of character (from the manga that is), hope it gets better next episode.

Overall, average episode peppered with moments of WIN. I guess Kyoani has developed some sort of niche for this kind of anime. In response to annoyance about the seemingly recurring plot devices (next episode's maid-cafe in particular), Kyoani can't change the plot lines from the original 4koma so blame the repetition on the manga. Though it is Kyoani's job to depict it so that it doesn't feel recurring.

Personally, I also don't see what's wrong with the lolis' feet. Aren't they supposed to look small and weak in the anime world? I find them cute; it's like they could topple and fall anytime.
Old 2009-05-16, 09:36   Link #80
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

And speaking of Kimono Mio, Santa Yui can forcibly enter my house any day of the year.
Closed Thread