Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-17, 03:49   Link #261
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by jix View Post
only complain about i have is how come they believe that a powerless boy can able to kill 29 students in just a short amount of time and worse he cut them to pieces? lol unbelievable, but then again its anime its fiction
It's hardly unbelievable. Besides, grief and shock can be used to manipulate people. The trial itself is a metaphor for the setting of the story, by turning misery into a public event and using misery to ones advantage or others disadvantage.

I absolutely loved the first episode, but I had no idea this was only 12 episodes. The monthly chapters of the manga are packed with plot, and there's easily enough material to stretch this out for a long time. They probably could condense some of the earlier material, if they keep the right plot revelations, but there's no way they can shortchange the later material if they choose to stick to the manga.

Overall though, everything "felt" like the Deadman manga. They really nailed it, imo. I didn't mind the changes they made, in fact I felt it was somewhat of an improvement.

I can't wait to see more.
Old 2011-04-17, 04:29   Link #262
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was very interesting watching this first episode with manga knowledge (especially of the lastest chapter). One particular line made me pretty sad...

About the ED...

Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-17, 09:09   Link #263
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

WTF is with Ganta's voice? Completely different from what I imagined. And Tamaki's supposed to have light hair, not black.
Why did they add the sentence scene? I understand the idea, but it was unneeded.
The episode lacked all the feeling of misery and madness the manga had.
But I loved, Shiro's voice, exactly what I imagined. She's like Psycho killer version of Nino.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 09:32   Link #264
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Why did they add the sentence scene? I understand the idea, but it was unneeded.
The episode lacked all the feeling of misery and madness the manga had.
The sentence scene made Ganta's conviction much more believable and what do you mean by lacked all the misery and madness? The kangaroo court scene did just that by having Ganta freak out and Mimi's father confronting him. The phony video reveal could have been handled a little better than a dropped phone conveniently airing it but still, the additions to the episode really complimented (in fact, improved) on the material.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 09:36   Link #265
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The sentence scene made Ganta's conviction much more believable and what do you mean by lacked all the misery and madness? The kangaroo court scene did just that by having Ganta freak out and Mimi's father confronting him. The phony video reveal could have been handled a little better than a dropped phone conveniently airing it but still, the additions to the episode really complimented (in fact, improved) on the material.
I highly disagree, the emotions were far stronger and clearer in the manga, and the false recording felt akward and out of place. Though I liked the idea of Mimi's father confronting Ganta, it was poorly done in my perspective.
Old 2011-04-17, 09:53   Link #266
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
I highly disagree, the emotions were far stronger and clearer in the manga, and the false recording felt akward and out of place. Though I liked the idea of Mimi's father confronting Ganta, it was poorly done in my perspective.
Still dunno how the manga could deliver more emotions than the anime...?
Old 2011-04-17, 10:12   Link #267
klare

Spoiler for eps 1:
Old 2011-04-17, 10:21   Link #268
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakan Tanka View Post
Still dunno how the manga could deliver more emotions than the anime...?
Then you haven't read enough manga.
Old 2011-04-17, 10:29   Link #269
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Then you haven't read enough manga.
I have had...I wasn't talking about the half-assed adaptions in the earlier post but rather this very adaption.

Last edited by Wakan Tanka; 2011-04-17 at 10:34. Reason: -
Wakan Tanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 10:45   Link #270
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakan Tanka View Post
I have had...I wasn't talking about the half-assed adaptions in the earlier post but rather this very adaption.
Then we just disagree at that point.
Old 2011-04-17, 10:57   Link #271
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Then we just disagree at that point.
Kein Problem....
Old 2011-04-17, 11:37   Link #272
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

In a nutshell, so far ahead of anything else this season. First 3.5 minutes alone were brilliant, what followed was what I've been waiting for all season. A show that doesn't stuff around, is able to introduce its characters through events and develop the plot accordingly rather than have static character exposition, has impact within the first episode, a twisted yet intriguing world scenario. And good seiyuu choices - Romi Paku is great as Ginta and while Hanazawa is very flavour-of-the-month of late, I still think she is suited to this role much more than what she did in January.

I finally have some hope this season. May this please hold up the level it set this episode to the end. This is the one title that has me excited.
Old 2011-04-17, 11:55   Link #273
Jarmel

Quote:
And I strongly disagree with you on that. The anime has a better sense of the repercussions and emotions behind the event. In the manga, the massacre happens and Ganta cries about losing his friends. We don't see why he was so attached to the friends or even the emotional trauma of the trial. We see the public humiliation he endured, the loss of his friends and why he cared about them, the person he trusted who backstabbed him in the back(lawyer), the loss of people he considered family who now hate him. He lost EVERYTHING due to this and the anime shows this much better than the manga does.

It gives Ganta a much stronger reason to want to kill the Red Man compared to the manga which is crucial to the entire series. This part is overall much better than the manga.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 11:57   Link #274
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Ever watched Ore no Imouto or Kuragehime?
Yeah, I did and those were barely different enough for me to consider.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 12:28   Link #275
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yeah, I did and those were barely different enough for me to consider.
Just wanted to make sure.
I'm not going to say she has amazing range,it's just that to me the "barely" is enough for me I guess.
Old 2011-04-17, 12:29   Link #276
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Hanazawa was pretty different in Ore no Imouto, sounds almost like a different person, so she's doing something right.

Anyway she's been getting some pretty high profile roles lately, she's doing something right. I quite like her personally, distinctive voice, not to whiny. As soprano anime voices go she's quite pleasant. However I'd like to hear more roles from her in Kuroneko mode over Nessa mode. She may be being typecast into that type of voice, then again Deadman Wonderland is a pretty different show from her usual, it's just her voice that's similiar. Maybe she'll reserve her deeper tones for psycho-mode or something...
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 12:42   Link #277
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

That bastard of a lawyer. I bet he's the one who planted the explosives on the water tower. Still, I wonder how he could have predicted Ganta would be at that very spot in the recreation yard.

Good stuff here, too. Nothing quite like having all of your classmates die, then being falsely convicted as the killer, sent off to an amusement park of a prison where the warden's a psycho. And all the blood helped maintain interest in the show.

I'm really wondering who this mysterious white girl is. She kind of looks like Mimi, but has the airhead personality so overused in anime these days. Her outfit is kind of appealing, but at the same time not really...

Overall, I'd give this an 8/10 for being better than the mediocre standard.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 13:26   Link #278
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I mean we were only shown one piece of falsified evidence. Who knows what else was falsified or argued about the case? Mimi's father certainly didn't believe him. Plus the situation is so unreal, where the whole class is obliterated but 1 person who is relatively unharmed. It's a bit fishy if you're an outsider right? Furthermore, you apparently have some large organizational conspiracy out to get you.

If you think about things like Guantanamo Bay were people are imprisoned without rights or trial, is it really so unbelievable to think that if they want a person sentenced they couldn't get it done? Fixing a court case in such a manner isn't really all that unbelievable.
No doubt there was probably more put out other than that leaked video. While we didn't get to see the evidence it sounds like they put forward plenty of it. If the whole court was a sham could have falsified some physical evidence and a fake psychological evaluation.

I'm not really surprised about the one parent snapping. While normally he would never think if Ganta capable grief can do a lot. It wasn't just that his daughter died, but she was killed in such a brutal fashion. One can't help but want someone to be punished for it. That video and whatever evidence they put together must have been enough to either prove that Ganta went insane at some point or was evil from the start. There was probably some parents that didn't buy it, but they probably were convinced to stay away from the court (threatened or paid off).

Anyways how Ganta got into Deadman Wonderland isn't the most important part of the story. What he does from here and his goal to avenge the deaths of his friends are more key. They might have stretched things a bit, but people getting pushed through into prison isn't that unbelievable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
That bastard of a lawyer. I bet he's the one who planted the explosives on the water tower. Still, I wonder how he could have predicted Ganta would be at that very spot in the recreation yard.

Good stuff here, too. Nothing quite like having all of your classmates die, then being falsely convicted as the killer, sent off to an amusement park of a prison where the warden's a psycho. And all the blood helped maintain interest in the show.

I'm really wondering who this mysterious white girl is. She kind of looks like Mimi, but has the airhead personality so overused in anime these days. Her outfit is kind of appealing, but at the same time not really...

Overall, I'd give this an 8/10 for being better than the mediocre standard.
I don't think it was that hard to pull off. I mean he clearly would know the work schedule and would just have to time the explosives to go off during his work detail. The debris falling would have been wide enough to likely kill him if he didn't unleash that ability. If not than Ganta would have been incredibly lucky and he would have had to create another 'accident' later.
Old 2011-04-17, 14:33   Link #279
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I would say that was the second near perfect first episode I've seen so far this season after Tiger & Bunny. I mean....I honestly wasn't even sure you were allowed to have that much violent content in a TV anime anymore, but I guess that confirms it's still okay.

Lot of interesting hooks and concepts introduced right off the bat and a clear goal for the main character (voiced by the always excellent Romi Park) too. Like Tiger & Bunny I also find myself firmly in the main characters corner right off the bat as well. An innocent man put in a horrible circus experiment like this Deadman Wonderland who now has nothing left to live for other than the faint hope that he can see justice done against the Red Man.

Also nice was the triumphant return of Nirgilis to an anime theme. Funny that literally the day I unlock their song Sakura from Eureka Seven on SRWZ I would get to hear there follow up which sounds quite good.

I suppose I should have expected this to be a well written, well-paced and surprisingly mature (given some of the content) opening episode seeing as how the Series Composition is by Yasuyuki Muto who is also doing the screenplay for Gundam UC, but it was nice to see it in person and I have to thank Reckoner for drawing my attention to the show. Going to be keeping an eye out for Muto from here on out as well as he seems like quite the up and comer.

Anyway if we keep getting more seasons like this TV anime might not be quite as dead as I thought. Sure hope so.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 16:20   Link #280
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

^ Yeah it was nice to hear a song from Nirgilis again, been awhile.
Interesting first episode which has me hooked wondering what will happen next. Shiro seems interesting, unique outfit and I was suprised when she went kicked that other inmates ass, though using a shovel against a young lady is rude.
Looking forward to the next episode.

Tags
action, horror, madness, prison, science fiction, shounen, tragedy