Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 22:07   Link #2421
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
LOL

ignoring the fact that that's a very poor translation, how does that even confirm he's a social darwinist?
To quote an anon from /m/.

Whoever survived the colony raid are the better species.
Whoever survived the mass killing are the better species.
Whoever survived the Mars Ray are the better species.
Whoever survived the war are the better species.
Ezelcant sure knows how to create better species.

Remember Zeheart asked why Ezelcant was giving Earther's chances. Ezelcant's answer was these were tests.

Why test when you can just win?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 22:12   Link #2422
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, Ezelcant's answer to Zeheart was that he always had Vagan's interests at heart. He said nothing about tests to Zeheart.
Old 2012-07-08, 13:34   Link #2423
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
LOL

ignoring the fact that that's a very poor translation, how does that even confirm he's a social darwinist?
Survival of the strongest.

How hard is it to understand that?

He leaves an avenue of escape so there's always a chance for the strongest ones to escape and this is what Flit and his former subordinate started to suspect back at the attack of the Federation base.

That doesn't excuse killing innocent civilians no matter how you argue around it.

Quote:
No, Ezelcant's answer to Zeheart was that he always had Vagan's interests at heart. He said nothing about tests to Zeheart.
Well in all fairness it would mean at the end of the day only the strongest Vagans would survive to continue onwards and not be burdended by the weak so technically speaking one could argue that it's for the best on his end.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 14:42   Link #2424
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Survival of the strongest.
Shouldn't that be the survival of the fittest? You do not need to be strong to survive, you just need to stay alive no matter what.

From the latest episode it seems that he wants to kill all the men and aggressive people from both sides, by forcing them into enlist themselves to fight in their forces. If all of them die during the final conflict stage, the remaining humans would probably opt for talks rather then pointing gun on each other. But then again you always have those people who are afraid to fight during conflicts and pull a big show once the conflict is over, because they are the only one who have arms.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 00:54   Link #2425
justsomeguy

The remaining humans will take up arms themselves, to get revenge for their fallen friends and family. Never mind that surviving is not in and of itself an indication of "strength" or "fitness," because luck plays a large part. Ezelcant's plan for a strong and peaceful human race is deluded and counterproductive.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 03:29   Link #2426
ReddyRedWolf

You know what is funny? Earth Sphere's policy of Technos Taboo ,which resulted to a number of Lost Technologies, achieved a century of peace... Till Ezelcant came along with his Social Darwinist agenda.

Even when Flit reached the position of supreme commander the Federation military resisted the temptation of rapid military technology advancement with the Age system. Some believed preventing an arms race would stop them from making the same mistakes their ancestors did pre-Silver Chalice Treaty that would result to MAD. Others likely under Vegan pockets.

Which is why some elements in the Federation do not want the whole EXA-DB in Vegan hands.
Old 2012-07-09, 04:35   Link #2427
bio9205
Reborn

Kio going Kira Yamato. I'm sure some plot armour is preventing those heads from blowing up.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 04:45   Link #2428
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

^ what a very clean cut, even the chin of the mobile suit is intact

Kio is a super chef or super butcher (not just a super x-rounder)
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 08:02   Link #2429
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I thought Ezel was basically Hitler, has all the earmarks at least.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 08:49   Link #2430
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Kio going Kira Yamato. I'm sure some plot armour is preventing those heads from blowing up.
Each of those 14 bits/blades has a special coating that disables the self-destruct/pilot-kill circuit.

I do hope Kio uses the "GN blades" way better in battle (blade spam?) than pre-dialogue Setsuna, now than we have more episodes for the final arc.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:59   Link #2431
bio9205
Reborn

I hope so too, but I doubt we'll see stuff more brutal than Throne Zwei's Fangs or Harute's Scissor Bits, given Kio's nature.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 23:00   Link #2432
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Agreed. He would just concentrate on disabling the Vagan. Although, I wonder who will pilot the AGE-3 though?
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 23:10   Link #2433
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Agreed. He would just concentrate on disabling the Vagan. Although, I wonder who will pilot the AGE-3 though?
The AGE-3 has been destroyed.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 23:10   Link #2434
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Yeah they're going to have to really work to make Ezcelcant's motives logical within the context of the story because as it stands it's one of the first things in the show that really just does not add up to me at all. I'd almost have to assume he's hiding something else that he found out about in EXA-DB or this is about revenge for the Mars Sphere incident as well otherwise his motives just really don't add up since other than the horrible suffering going on in the Mars Sphere the world was pretty much peaceful if run by a corrupt goverment.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 23:22   Link #2435
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Vagans aren't exactly keen to help others are they?

I mean this is an army that won't hesitate to destroy their own units if their paint gets scratched or in danger of being captured.

When Yarik was shot the bridge crew just stood there doing nothing to help him nor even repel the borders.

With Kio just disabling the suits wouldn't he be "dishonoring" the Vagans? I highly doubt they'll be keen to his disabling skills.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 23:54   Link #2436
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, at this point, the Federation has already gotten their hands on Vagan tech, some of which is even implemented in the Gundam AGE-3 before it was destroyed. As for Geera Zoi's crew, that might've been the brain damage caused by Mu-czell.
Old 2012-07-11, 00:29   Link #2437
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah they're going to have to really work to make Ezcelcant's motives logical within the context of the story because as it stands it's one of the first things in the show that really just does not add up to me at all. I'd almost have to assume he's hiding something else that he found out about in EXA-DB or this is about revenge for the Mars Sphere incident as well otherwise his motives just really don't add up since other than the horrible suffering going on in the Mars Sphere the world was pretty much peaceful if run by a corrupt goverment.
He is already certifiably insane in thinking Kio is Romy reincarnated by resembling his son.

In the real world we see people who justify their terrible act to find when they defend themselves publicly their logic and rationality lacking.

One does not save a house by burning it to the ground. That is Ezelcant is doing.
Old 2012-07-11, 00:33   Link #2438
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

How will Kio prevent the enemy pilots from committing suicide? Flit tried to capture a pilot alive once but fail...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 01:35   Link #2439
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
How will Kio prevent the enemy pilots from committing suicide? Flit tried to capture a pilot alive once but fail...
Maybe Kio will have no choice but pull a page from Ezelcant using X-Rounder projection to value their lives.

I don't like it since it is brainwashing.

Ezelcant has done it with weak minds like Zeheart and Medel Zant.
Old 2012-07-11, 05:02   Link #2440
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Kio pull out 00 raiser quantum burst scene?
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote