AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-14, 09:38   Link #261
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
We now have two candidates on who's the supporter: Selecao II and Selecao XII. The OP shows that selecao II is linked to Akira somehow. We still haven't seen Tsuuji's no. but the fact that Mononobe has him on the team means that he has someway of proving that he didn't use any of his selecao money at all. Judging by Mononobe's reaction, that would make him no. II by elimination.
I think Tsuji helped somehow with the memory erasing. Yuki says, "Tell him why he wiped his memories" with a nudge in Tsuji's direction. It seems like the "him"/"his" = refer to Akira, and the "he" refer to Tsuji.
Old 2009-06-14, 13:27   Link #262
voxxa

I was wondering if I could get someone's thoughts on this.

We were led to believe that Akira bundled up all the missing NEETS in shipping containers and sent them to Dubai. However, in the last episode we see what looks like the missing NEETS bursting out of cargo containers to possibly attack the mall. So did they ever even reach Dubai?

If the NEETS Akira rounded up never reached Dubai, who was that guy we saw in episode 4 saying he had been one of them?
Old 2009-06-14, 14:40   Link #263
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxxa View Post

We were led to believe that Akira bundled up all the missing NEETS in shipping containers and sent them to Dubai. However, in the last episode we see what looks like the missing NEETS bursting out of cargo containers to possibly attack the mall. So did they ever even reach Dubai?

If the NEETS Akira rounded up never reached Dubai, who was that guy we saw in episode 4 saying he had been one of them?
maybe he was from a another group of NEETS which akira sent to dubai b4 these NEETS we saw in the last ep
Old 2009-06-14, 14:47   Link #264
moo_gyuu
Not the supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxxa View Post
Sure. Remember, it took 500 containers to ship the 20,000 NEETs, but the small ship at the end of this episode only had about 20 containers above decks. Even if there are more containers below decks, and even if they're packed more tightly (ew), this returning gang of naked dudes (who btw seem to be called 'AKX20000' in the credits, perhaps a pun on AKB48) will only be a small fraction of the original 20,000.

But what's their story? Maybe #9 set them aside back in December as a sort of irregular NEET battalion? Or maybe they took charge of their own destinies and overpowered their Dubai-bound ship's captain + crew? The way the ship was docked at Toyosu, it sure didn't seem like there were professionals at the controls.
Old 2009-06-14, 18:47   Link #265
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
I think Tsuji helped somehow with the memory erasing. Yuki says, "Tell him why he wiped his memories" with a nudge in Tsuji's direction. It seems like the "him"/"his" = refer to Akira, and the "he" refer to Tsuji.
Yuuki also says "You said the same thing before YOU wiped your memories." (Although I didn't catch the Japanese phrase.)
Old 2009-06-15, 19:45   Link #266
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:

that guy says the only reason he made it back was he got married and his wife paid for it or something like that.

Then when he realizes that akira wiped his memory he feels bad. looking back i think he felt guilty. Thats why he gave him the nikkumen

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Yuuki also says "You said the same thing before YOU wiped your memories." (Although I didn't catch the Japanese phrase.)
Yea, he was looking at Akira when he said tell him why. And he was talking to #1

Last edited by fish eric; 2009-06-15 at 20:41.
Old 2009-06-16, 09:00   Link #267
Beatslars

So...here are the things I've noticed thus far.

1. The police car behind Detective Kondo that had gunshots when he ordered Juiz to kill all three of them at the end of episode 2.

2. The helicopter next to the hotel right when the glass breaks towards the end of episode 7. This is when Shiratori [Selecao 11] uses the illusion trick for the third time.

3. The trucks that show up as Akira [Selecao 9] and Mononobe [Selecao 1] are heading to the ATO Harima building, this shows Juiz being transported [possibly?] by Selecao 12.

4. We know the Supporter where's a tan suit with a red tie. [From episode 4, when he goes to kill Selecao V Hiura]

there's so much more.

Alright....so here's a few questions.

I wonder if Akira Takizawa was orginally a NEET.

Who was it that ordered the memory wipe on Akira?

There's is a blue car that's similar to Mononobe's red car that can be seen in episodes 3, 6, 7, and 8. Could be a coincidence. In episode 7 it's behind the cop on the motorcycle that is about to drive away to pull Shiratori [Selecao 11] over. Hmmm...I wonder if there's meaning behind these specific episodes that this blue car would show up, considering these numbered episodes match the number of Selecao's we've yet to see.

Also, I bet Selecao 12 is named Johnny, considering Akira's wierd vision of them in Episode 4.

Something else I was thinking was that I wonder if Ryosuke is a Selecao...hmmm...it could be possible. I mean he doesn't have a major role in the show yet he's listed in the character section of the official site.

I wonder about the Careless Monday that occurred right at the end of episode 1; during episode 2 it is explained that a six year old boy, and a six year old girl were the only survivors. If you add these up it comes to 12....Selecao 12...could be a coincidence.

And what of Misai...Kondo's wife. That was interesting in Episode 3. There has to be more to her character than that.
Old 2009-06-16, 09:22   Link #268
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatslars View Post
Something else I was thinking was that I wonder if Ryosuke is a Selecao...hmmm...it could be possible. I mean he doesn't have a major role in the show yet he's listed in the character section of the official site.
Well so is Saki's sister and Akira's dog.
Old 2009-06-16, 22:42   Link #269
Kagekyuubi

Did they ever mention exactly how big Juiz is? 5000 yen is about the price of an MG Gunpla so it's got to be easy to move otherwise the company that's transporting it must be pretty stupid to charge so little.
Old 2009-06-17, 08:12   Link #270
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagekyuubi View Post
Did they ever mention exactly how big Juiz is? 5000 yen is about the price of an MG Gunpla so it's got to be easy to move otherwise the company that's transporting it must be pretty stupid to charge so little.
remember, the fee paid don't reflect the actual cost of things. You pay more when you have to do things outside of the power of the Ato company or the government. that is why making the PM say uncle cost so little.
Old 2009-06-18, 21:34   Link #271
Kagekyuubi

RAWS are out and it's been announced that there will be two movies to finish the story.

Eden of the East: King of the East, November 2009
Eden of the East: Paradise Lost, January 2009

One entire year for us to watch ending sadly.
Old 2009-06-21, 06:41   Link #272
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagekyuubi View Post
RAWS are out and it's been announced that there will be two movies to finish the story.

Eden of the East: King of the East, November 2009
Eden of the East: Paradise Lost, January 2010

One entire year for us to watch ending sadly.
fixed =P

I was just about to ask about the dates, thanks for providing
Old 2009-06-22, 02:49   Link #273
Fusukok

i tried to find it on the previous pages but i didnt fund it, anyone could explian me what was all about with those "johnnys" on ep 4 when akira jumps from the highway. Those skeletons or creatures that appeared at 5:50 episode 4
Old 2009-06-22, 03:47   Link #274
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

hey guys i just learned that selecao is the nickname for the brazil national soccer team wow so i guess since akira is 9 would make him the star striker since thats the number the star striker of a soccer team has XD. Also in soccer the supporters of a soccer team are called the 12th man because they drive a team to victory by cheering them on. Another thing in soocer the player that has number 1 is the goal keeper who stops goal scorers from scoreing

Last edited by GundamMeisterLockon; 2009-06-22 at 10:58.
Old 2009-06-22, 10:24   Link #275
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusukok View Post
i tried to find it on the previous pages but i didnt fund it, anyone could explian me what was all about with those "johnnys" on ep 4 when akira jumps from the highway. Those skeletons or creatures that appeared at 5:50 episode 4
Johnny also appears at the very beginning of episode 8 in Akira's dream being torn in half by the Johnny Hunter.

In the final episode, 11, we see the returning NEETs running down a hallway and their shadows on the wall are the shadows of Johnnys.

This leads us to believe that Johnny represents the NEETs and Akira's various visions represent his care and concerns for them.
Old 2009-07-08, 19:12   Link #276
kenshinobu

Send a message via Yahoo to kenshinobu
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
hey guys i just learned that selecao is the nickname for the brazil national soccer team wow so i guess since akira is 9 would make him the star striker since thats the number the star striker of a soccer team has XD. Also in soccer the supporters of a soccer team are called the 12th man because they drive a team to victory by cheering them on. Another thing in soocer the player that has number 1 is the goal keeper who stops goal scorers from scoreing
that's quite brilliant
Old 2009-07-09, 02:50   Link #277
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Judging from the last episode I would've thought Akira was the goalkeeper and Mononobe the star striker!
Old 2009-07-29, 20:47   Link #278
janarius

This is my first post, but I just want to speculate in this thread about the old taxi driver seen on ep.11. I just want somebody's criticism and opinion.

First speculation: given the unusual focus on the taxi driver and the writing on the side of taxi as "Ato Taxi" clued in that he's somewhat important.

Second speculation: he's probably the same man that met Akira seen in a flashback on ep. 4, their chins looked similar (both have cleft chins and none of the other characters have one) and they're both taxi drivers. Leading me to think that he could be Ato Saizo.

Third speculation: this one is very tenuous and again I focused on the chin. The old taxi driver is probably the supporter. The supporter's appearance on ep. 4 did not reveal his face, but the shape of his chin is there. Comparing and speculating on how each character's chin would look like from the side and behind, I leaned to think that the old taxi driver is the supporter. I didn't included any images because I want minimize leading people seeing things that it's in fact not there.
Old 2009-07-29, 22:13   Link #279
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

3 - Some believe Mr. Ato is XII, the supporter. I don't. Could be.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2009-08-15 at 13:44.
Old 2009-08-02, 16:14   Link #280
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

it could be the lady with the red hair and juiz voice. Juiz is sort of like a supporter she supports other selecao by furfilling there requests.