Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-30, 18:06   Link #1101
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I agree Chitoge's the lead female character but tell me have u really seen any moments from Raku that tells you he would choose Chitoge over Onodera the answer right now is no. His feelings are still heavy onodera and the only reason he spends time with chitoge is because of the threat of the war
Wow...you have one heavy case of denial (or actual blindness) if you keep missing how the author is heavily pushing Chitoge into the spotlight in most of the manga, especially the major events. The author himself setting everything up so that Chitoge gets the most exposure and development in most events she's involved in. Even in some events where she plays a minor role, she gets frames all for herself and sticks around longer. Take Raku's first date with Mari, this was a Mari centered event and while the other girls stalked them, ultimately it was Chitoge that stuck around till the end of the event while the other girls were left behind through comic gags. A recent event was during Mari's studying session where Raku went with Chitoge...the author could have easily added Onodera and others if he wanted as well.
Then there's moments where Chitoge quickly replaces Onodera once she inches toward the spotlight, like during the play where Onodera just happened to get hurt and Mari just magically happened to be sick on that particular day so Chitoge had to replace her or during the test of courage where Raku left the chance to go with Onodera so he could find and bring Chitoge back.

Of course Raku still has a crush on Onodera, that much is evident...but what is also very evident is that Raku is steadily falling for Chitoge without even realizing it, and it's pretty far gone as well.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way a Chitoge supporter, I actually cheer for the girl with the least chance of winning in the end (Mari) and have always found Chitoge's character less appealing than any of the other girls (my general disdain for Tsundere types doesn't help). But it is clear who the author pushes for in terms of a final girl (hell, even the one-shot has her winning clearly), which in turn is something that greatly annoys me in this manga. I loved the previous Tsugumi event where Chitoge barely even appeared, but these moments are few and far between.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 18:25   Link #1102
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Wow...you have one heavy case of denial (or actual blindness) if you keep missing how the author is heavily pushing Chitoge into the spotlight in most of the manga, especially the major events. The author himself setting everything up so that Chitoge gets the most exposure and development in most events she's involved in. Even in some events where she plays a minor role, she gets frames all for herself and sticks around longer. Take Raku's first date with Mari, this was a Mari centered event and while the other girls stalked them, ultimately it was Chitoge that stuck around till the end of the event while the other girls were left behind through comic gags. A recent event was during Mari's studying session where Raku went with Chitoge...the author could have easily added Onodera and others if he wanted as well.
Then there's moments where Chitoge quickly replaces Onodera once she inches toward the spotlight, like during the play where Onodera just happened to get hurt and Mari just magically happened to be sick on that particular day so Chitoge had to replace her or during the test of courage where Raku left the chance to go with Onodera so he could find and bring Chitoge back.

Of course Raku still has a crush on Onodera, that much is evident...but what is also very evident is that Raku is steadily falling for Chitoge without even realizing it, and it's pretty far gone as well.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way a Chitoge supporter, I actually cheer for the girl with the least chance of winning in the end (Mari) and have always found Chitoge's character less appealing than any of the other girls (my general disdain for Tsundere types doesn't help). But it is clear who the author pushes for in terms of a final girl (hell, even the one-shot has her winning clearly), which in turn is something that greatly annoys me in this manga. I loved the previous Tsugumi event where Chitoge barely even appeared, but these moments are few and far between.
Whats funny is that I agree that their pushing chitoge but onodera is the one who right now raku appears to like
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 18:32   Link #1103
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Whats funny is that I agree that their pushing chitoge but onodera is the one who right now raku appears to like
Which in no way means she'll be the final girl. Chitoge is being pushed by the author...the one controlling the outcome of the story (mostly).
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 18:52   Link #1104
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

What the protagonist wants right now doesn't mean jack. Quite the contrary, the fact that he already liked Onodera but was then forced into a fake relationship with Chitoge is all experienced readers of the genre need to know.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 19:07   Link #1105
ImperialFlameGod8190

true we'll see what happens and leave it at that
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 19:31   Link #1106
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

ah well to heck with these dried up pairings, who's up for some Ruri Shuu ending? I know i am
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 20:00   Link #1107
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
who's up for some Ruri Shuu ending? I know i am
Count me in
Shuu-Tsumugi is quite good too XD
Old 2012-12-30, 21:48   Link #1108
Diveman

RiruxShuu seems more suitable, they're both Genre Savyy anyways
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 23:22   Link #1109
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
I agree Chitoge's the lead female character but tell me have u really seen any moments from Raku that tells you he would choose Chitoge over Onodera the answer right now is no.
He'll end up choosing Chitoge , I don't need to look very far for a moment that tells me that, the latest chapter has Raku asking himself "why am I getting butterflies in my stomach over this?" the answer is he's falling for her,he just hasn't realized it yet.
Old 2013-01-14, 13:01   Link #1110
Kiltias

Quote:
I agree Chitoge's the lead female character but tell me have u really seen any moments from Raku that tells you he would choose Chitoge over Onodera the answer right now is no. His feelings are still heavy onodera and the only reason he spends time with chitoge is because of the threat of the war

Why do you think it's called Fake Love?

If anything the Manga heavily plays with the concepts of those very 2 words, especially with Raku who I really think would deny or go against his true feelings if the one who has the true key is the one he doesn't truly love.

Example:
Let's say he gets over Onodera and realizes his feeling for Chitoge.
Onodera has the key but he loves Chitoge.
At the current point, he lacks the character development that he would take the latter.

Now I ain't saying he'll end up with her, but what Raku needs to do is get over that promise and follow his heart, though currently he hasn't achieved that yet, not even remotely, and it's evident why.

Stubbornness and Stupidity.
Course, it's a good thing to hold onto a promise like that, but there is a line or one won't find happiness.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 14:30   Link #1111
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190
tell that to everyone who basically pegged naruto as naru-saku until the last chapter
Doesn't do anything for your point - Naruto and Hinita are not happening. He has shown zero interest in her. He's been in love with Sakura since day one. What happened in the latest chapters could have been any other character and it would not have changed the outcome.

As for the main pairing, look at the girl who changed the status quo, Chitoge, why? Because of failling in love creates a story, being in love does not. Thats why it will be Chitoge in the end.
Old 2013-01-14, 15:12   Link #1112
Kiltias

As much as I disagree with Sinta due to evidence, Naruto pairings certainly don't belong here.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 18:49   Link #1113
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
As much as I disagree with Sinta due to evidence, Naruto pairings certainly don't belong here.
If you are so incline to argue, we can take it to the Naruto forum. Again, Hinita and Naruto are not happening - I will agree with you, its not the place for the argument however

I think its difficult to argue with any amount of certainty who he will end up with. But precedent in story telling and the straight circumstantial and physical evidence certainly point that direction. Stranger things have happened through and a single chapter can change as much.
Old 2013-01-17, 22:12   Link #1114
Dorsai

Hmm any moment that would suggest that he would choose Chitoge over Onodera? For example- on their trip when Raku leaved Onodera to save Chitoge in forest. He did it instantly without even thinking, it was just his instinct.

Onodera is just his first crush. With her he doesnt understand what really love is, because there is no development between them. Its same like in Kimi no iru machi with Nanami...
Old 2013-01-17, 23:02   Link #1115
chidorimen

Spoiler for 58:
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 13:08   Link #1116
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

For some reason reading chapter 58 gave me a headache

Spoiler for chapter 58:
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 13:19   Link #1117
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

oh mai! best couple chapter :3

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 13:27   Link #1118
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ruri looked cute with her glasses. After this chapter, I'm hoping she will get together with Shuu. He's a surprisingly considerate guy underneath his goofy exterior.
Old 2013-01-19, 14:17   Link #1119
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Seriously, we 58 chapters and Raku is geting dumber, and dumber, and dumber.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 14:58   Link #1120
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Seriously, we 58 chapters and Raku is geting dumber, and dumber, and dumber.
There's no choice, IMO giving a small boost of development for Raku means big development to the story.. which means that it'll move further than our usual comedy antics. Not that I don't want it, but I think the mangaka just wanted to play around with this setting for these past few chapters. Let's just see how it'll develop later on.

The good thing is that the girls seems to be developing though

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life