AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-04-01, 09:49   Link #1801
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Well, I am not sure about that especially whenever you have franchises like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest to worry about. Also, I hope Haruhi doesn't possess its own share of tards who only but the manga and anime and all of sudden believe that they know all about Japan just because they see it on television and manga.
Old 2009-04-01, 11:31   Link #1802
Solachinx
is a myth

^ Those apply to almost every anime series
Old 2009-04-01, 12:18   Link #1803
Solachinx
is a myth

So, I was on chapters.indigo.ca, looking to see if I could find out if Yen Press liscenced any more manga, when I saw a tab called “The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya" by Nagaru Tanigawa, published by Little, Brown, to be released on October 1, 2009. I also saw this on amazon UK, so it might be legit.

I can't post a link now because I'm on a computer that can't copy or paste, so go to chapters.indigo.ca, type "Haruhi Suzumiya" in the search box and it should be the 6th item, or right under "TMoHS Manga Vol. 3". I promise, this is not an April Fools.
Old 2009-04-01, 12:27   Link #1804
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
So, I was on chapters.indigo.ca, looking to see if I could find out if Yen Press liscenced any more manga, when I saw a tab called “The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya" by Nagaru Tanigawa, published by Little, Brown, to be released on October 1, 2009. I also saw this on amazon UK, so it might be legit.

I can't post a link now because I'm on a computer that can't copy or paste, so go to chapters.indigo.ca, type "Haruhi Suzumiya" in the search box and it should be the 6th item, or right under "TMoHS Manga Vol. 3". I promise, this is not an April Fools.
I saw what you saw. I did a little digging around at Amazon US and found a listing for "Sigh" which has the release set for Sept. '09, though it's a bare-bones listing. Also lists it as "The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Bk 1" (). Little, Brown has yet to list Sigh, however, so I'm merely wringing my hands over here.
Old 2009-04-01, 12:42   Link #1805
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I saw what you saw. I did a little digging around at Amazon US and found a listing for "Sigh" which has the release set for Sept. '09, though it's a bare-bones listing. Also lists it as "The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Bk 1" (). Little, Brown has yet to list Sigh, however, so I'm merely wringing my hands over here.
I think the amazon people think it's a new series.
Old 2009-04-01, 13:25   Link #1806
M.Marangio

Quote:
Little, Brown has yet to list Sigh, however, so I'm merely wringing my hands over here.
The US site lists the paperback edition of the second novel with a release date of Octobre 1, 2009 (ISBN 9780316038799 / 0316038792). Amazon.com lists the hard cover edition (ISBN 9780316038812 / 0316038814).

Link: http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/tee...0316038799.htm

The third and fourth volume of the manga will be released on June and Octobre 2009.

I also found this page with a preview of the first manga volume and of the first novel as well as some wallpapers:

http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/fea...uhi/index.html

Last edited by M.Marangio; 2009-04-01 at 13:39. Reason: added ISBN
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 14:58   Link #1807
(o^^)-o*(x_x)*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
Lol the plain cover is best for some Otakus who don't want everyone knowing they are otakus :P.
Or people who don't like Hardcover books. I find trying to read a hardcover book to be a huge chore, especially when I'm on the train to work. I could care less what people thinks of me from what I'm reading.
(o^^)-o*(x_x)* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 16:38   Link #1808
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Driving what I drive(done-up muscle car), My anime-addiction doesn't match me well :P. My friends all joke about it but I don't really care.
Rice_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 17:17   Link #1809
Solachinx
is a myth

I just remembered that today (or was it yesterday) is the two-year aniversery of "Dissociation". Only one more year until pointless symbolism ^_^.
Old 2009-04-05, 18:12   Link #1810
Solachinx
is a myth

I have the hardcopy with me, and it's pretty good. I like the translation, the color pictures, and my big-ass picture of Haruhi on the cover. Maybe I'll put a review on here later.
Old 2009-04-05, 20:02   Link #1811
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

^nice! I am taking my time, while, I have been really busing with prep I had for an automotive comp. but now that I finished that, I have been reading the book a lot. So far so good up to chapter 3, only thing that has pissed me off is the "big brother" thing instead of onii-chan that I have gotten used to. Minor thing, but the rest is really good, more "refined" than the BT translation. Solid 9/10 so far.
Rice_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 20:18   Link #1812
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

Here is just something from the novel.
Data Integration Thought Entity = Data Overmind(from the english novel)

I couldn't get used to this the whole time I was reading it.

Its got me thinking about this.

Last edited by Tunafishisgood; 2009-04-05 at 22:49.
Tunafishisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 20:31   Link #1813
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If that were the case, I like their new female teen model humanoid zerglings.
Old 2009-04-05, 20:36   Link #1814
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
^nice! I am taking my time, while, I have been really busing with prep I had for an automotive comp. but now that I finished that, I have been reading the book a lot. So far so good up to chapter 3, only thing that has pissed me off is the "big brother" thing instead of onii-chan that I have gotten used to. Minor thing, but the rest is really good, more "refined" than the BT translation. Solid 9/10 so far.
"Big brother" is certainly acceptable. Take Nanako in Persona 4, who uses "Big bro" in the localized version... so cute...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 21:43   Link #1815
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If Nagato is a zergling, I don't want to meet the new Ultralisk model.
Old 2009-04-05, 22:48   Link #1816
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Quote:
If Nagato is a zergling, I don't want to meet the new Ultralisk model.
KEKEKE!

Though I think Yuki would be a queen. D=

There must be lesser terminals than Yuki, as pointed out by her no less, Asakura is one.
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 23:01   Link #1817
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Asakura's obviously a Hunter Killer. Blades for close combat and spikes thrown from mid range fit the Hydralisk mold well.

Yuki's a caster type, but I'd peg her as a Defiler rather than a Queen, mostly because I equate the barrier she used to defend herself and Kyon in Melancholy IV with Dark Swarm. We could also call her erasing of Asakura as Consume if we say that Yuki absorbed her data and reused it in Disappearance, though a bit of a stretch. All we need now is an equivalent for Plague.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 23:57   Link #1818
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

I thought Yuki was more of a Kerrigan. She can do anythin.
Tunafishisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 00:08   Link #1819
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
So she's gonna overthrow the Data Overmind and take control of the Swarm for her own enjoyment, becoming Queen Bitch of the Universe?

I don't think she's that high up on the food chain.

Perhaps instead we should be comparing Interfaces to Cerebrates. Interfaces are created to collect data and relay it back to their superiors. Certain Cerebrates are sent forth with the sole purpose of evolving the Swarm, collecting the genetic information of species deemed important to the pursuit of "purity of essence." We could equate that to the Data Entity's pursuit of auto-evolution, which seems to be the final rung of the evolutionary ladder.

Any takers? If nothing we can go back to Yuki and her uber micro.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 00:20   Link #1820
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

She won't be able to do any of that unless if Haruhi has decided to act as the Arcturus.

Moving back to reality, it's been a long time since us translators at Baka-Tsuki had done anything on Haruhi given how that the novels came to a standstill by volume 9. I am very surprised actually at how long it has taken for the novels to finally be officially released in the states, and what's more shocking, in this rather terrible economic quagmire. I hope that Little, Brown will actually be able to garner sufficient fundings and get it out and actually turn a profit.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga