AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-06-26, 16:50   Link #81
grecefar

yeah that was pretty dumb of the sister to upload that photo, she is going to get it too.

that speech at the end from ganta deserves a kiss at the end of the road, looking foward to the final chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-01, 23:12   Link #82
Alchemist007
*Author

Cute slice of life, romance, and character growth show. Glad there's an s2 confirmed.

9/10
Old 2023-07-01, 23:14   Link #83
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Ya know it isn't over, right?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-01, 23:26   Link #84
Alchemist007
*Author

Look it faded to white in the last scene. They really gonna keep going after that...

My score probably won't change anyways.
Old 2023-07-02, 11:49   Link #85
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Looking forward to tomorrow myself.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-03, 11:36   Link #86
Frontier

Sorry Magari Mama and Magari Papa, Ganta has to "kidnap" your daughter to finish this trip properly! And the girls is on cloud 9 as a result !

Handholding on the bus? These two just can't help themselves anymore .

Nothing beats finally reaching the last leg of your journey, Mawaki, and getting to see the sights, goof off, and just spend some time with the person you most want to be with, especially when the night sky arrives and you can just bask in it, stargaze, and reflect on the insomniacs of the past .

Ganta sputtered a bit...but he did it! He finally confessed to Isaki! And she's overcome with joy. And of course these two dorks have to take pictures of each other to capture how happy they are in that moment. The best part is all the shooting stars falling as he tells her he loves her !

It means a lot to have Ganta open up to Isaki about his mom and one of his sad memories of her, just as much as Isaki reflecting on stuff she was anxious about with them...but together they've found comfort in each other, and can look at the night sky with a smile on their face .

I will miss the bitter but loving connection between Kurashiki and Two-chan. And Shiromaru .

Good news! They won the contest! Looks like the Astronomy Club is going to get their funding! Bad news...Isaki is grounded. Although I guess that's to be expected from basically bailing on your parents to spend the night with a boy, though Kanikawa seems to respect Ganta now, if just a little more. And Isaki's gal pals are already treating him like he's her boyfriend .

Of course Anamizu is the type to leave all her Summer Homework for the end .

One last Isaki radio show! She can't see Ganta, but she can talk to him through that, and the pair have a beautiful reflection of all the times they had together and that made them closer and happier, and Isaki is about to finally respond to Ganta's confession...except she's ironically too tired to do it. Well, something to look forward to when she wakes up and when the pair see each other again at school, though I think we have a good idea what Isaki was going to say. One thing's for sure, these insomniacs may still struggle to sleep, but now it's less because of anxiety but more because they're excited for the future, especially a future where they're together !
Old 2023-07-03, 12:22   Link #87
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

So far it was the best romance show this year for me. We still have 2 seasons ahead but the current one looks pretty bleak in the romance department.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-03, 18:39   Link #88
grecefar

this was amazing, really really good romance.

hey, they won the national competition, that was the cherry on the top. 9/10.

can't wait for the second season.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-04, 00:00   Link #89
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Really good last episode. Glad they got both Ganta's official confession and that national competition win. They really deserved it with how much time and effort they put in. Plus it really all justified going all out to get those final pictures even if there would be trouble later.

The Isaki grounding wouldn't be too crazy normally. But...it's probably not in this case. Have gotten a decent feel for how over the top her parents are normally and the impact it's had on both of their daughters. Such is how it goes though. They knew there'd be heat coming their way afterwards.

Such a strange situation with Ganta's mother. Must be increasingly strange that he's found such interest in the stars even with a memory like that. I sure hope the mother didn't abandon her husband and child because her kid didn't immediately share her love of the stars. Makes me wonder if she'll make an appearance as a result of his picture winning that competition.

An ironic thing to say that these two aren't getting as much sleep near the end of the summer break because Isaki's parents won't let them sleep together .

Anyways, it was a good show. 8/10. Very nice.
Old 2023-07-04, 00:13   Link #90
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-10, 00:23   Link #91
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Also, the whole insomnia thing felt like an afterthought after the introductory episodes.
I think the closest they came to addressing this was just feeling comfortable enough to get to sleep, by being around each other.

Quote:
And it was so close with the runaway thing, but it all ended off-screen and was a disappointment.
Spoiler for manga comparison:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Cute slice of life, romance, and character growth show. Glad there's an s2 confirmed.

9/10
Nothing has changed, same score.
Old 2023-08-01, 02:54   Link #92
Ghostfriendly

In spite of flaws, I liked this series. Isaki isn't too maniac but a low-key nice girl with the same sleeping problem as the male lead. Ganta is touchingly earnest, though his being a great scholar and athlete despite insomnia lessens the impact of a serious problem. His unwillingness to ask for help is a real 'humboast' flaw, and his mother walking out apparently because mothers are mean or crazy is unacceptable. The show is saved because it would operate perfectly well without Ganta's mommy issues or Isaki's weak heart. As a low key cute story of friends and lovers finding the charm of simple, worldly things, with a charisma completely absent from flashier shows like Witch from Mercury.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 11:57   Link #93
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
and his mother walking out apparently because mothers are mean or crazy is unacceptable. The show is saved because it would operate perfectly well without Ganta's mommy issues
Spoiler for Non-descript manga things:

I imagine it's this way just to 'have a reason' for the insomnia. For Isaki it's probably her heart condition, and for him it's his abandonment anxiety.

Tags
romance, school