AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-01, 11:39   Link #41
Frontier

Isaki finally tells her gal pals about her and Ganta being in the astronomy club together (though now how close they are), which went over well enough...and all the girls are excited about being at school at night, so they've got them for the meteor shower party! Even if Kani will probably never like Ganta .

Ooh! Did Isaki give the game away when there was one guy on her mind to watch fireworks with? Nono definitely noticed .

Not that Ganta is much better when he gets visibly uncomfortable when Ukegawa calls Isaki cute and very anxious when it comes to the idea of them on a date together during the fireworks show. And lo and behold they do end up agreeing to go together! For club reasons, of course! Not that anyone with eyes can't see through that .

Shiromaru has great legs! And great advice for photography, showing Ganta where he's lacking and where to improve! And much like Ukegawa she tries her best to read the room and let these two lovebirds have their moment...even at pains to herself .

This Rui guy seems like the worst type for Ganta, a punky extrovert who practically seems like a delinquent. What was he even confronting Ganta over his nightly photography runs? He wasn't going to turn him into the teacher and incriminate himself, so what did he want ?

Although both talk about stuff they don't want the teacher to know...when the teacher is literally in the stall behind them. What timing !

I think Hakui-sensei means well (maybe a bit too much of a muscle-nut) but saying that having trouble sleeping makes you "abnormal" and what that says about Ganta and Isaki just makes Ganta lose it. But luckily he has Isaki and her charming optimism to turn that frown upside down. And you almost want to believe that the rain will clear up so these two can have their beach rendevous under the stars! Especially when she even made a teru teru bozu of him .
Old 2023-05-01, 13:59   Link #42
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Do Japanese schools really have these kinds of training camps? Sounds more like boot camp than a fun weekend. Especially if they have to go even if it's pouring outside. Never seen anything like this in all the HS anime I've seen.

On other thing I've never seen in HS anime, two kids playing a friendly game of Shougi. We usually see it in competitive settings like 3-gatsu no Lion or Shion no Ou. Don't think I've seen a similar scene with kids playing Go either (outside of Hikaru, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
This Rui guy seems like the worst type for Ganta, a punky extrovert who practically seems like a delinquent. What was he even confronting Ganta over his nightly photography runs? He wasn't going to turn him into the teacher and incriminate himself, so what did he want ?
I expect he was hoping to bully Ganta on the camping trip. Now that that has fallen through, who knows? We know it's going to be Ganta who ends up managing this little event. I wouldn't be surprised if Rui is the kind of guy who just stands and tries to look busy. The fact that he mentioned Ganta's honor-student status tells me Rui doesn't think he would be able to manage on his own. Probably scares and annoys the hell out of him.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-01, 19:18   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not surprised he snapped at the teacher. On some level I'm sure he was starting out with well intentioned advice. But also really sounds like someone that's never had difficulty sleeping and doesn't actually know what he's talking about. Even if people wouldn't normally keep insomnia on the front of their minds he went over the line while getting wrapped up in his lecture. The last thing someone enduring a painful situation wants to hear is that they should suck it up and endure. That alone set up Ganta's frustration, but no surprise that what was said next was too much. Not everyone is as healthy as that teacher. And it's hardly a person's fault that they aren't.

The romance remains nice and cute. Things got so good there that poor senpai couldn't even go into her own room and interrupt that awkward flirting . The friends providing some good help even if some of them didn't realize it. And good move by Isaki in bringing up her being in that club. Now as she gets closer in public with Ganta it won't be all that unusual.

Funny how the power of love really is going to help these two long term. Being able to sleep next to each other will just help them all the more in the future. It's still something that requires good timing in the present. But in the future it should significantly help.
Old 2023-05-02, 08:55   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Teachers have their own restrooms (generally with washlets) and never use the student ones, but I won't quibble too much...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-02, 09:07   Link #45
Frontier

I think it's forgivable break from reality for being a genuinely funny moment .
Old 2023-05-02, 09:10   Link #46
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Exactly...
Old 2023-05-08, 13:44   Link #47
Frontier

It's probably not ideal for Ganta to be going into the school trip as sleepless as ever, but at least he made sure to leave a meal for his dad .

Kani and musclehead girl feel like those two friends in a friend group who get along better in a group context than they do when stuck alone together. Although I totally see where Kani is coming from with being forced to camp .

Ugh. As if Ganta didn't have enough to deal with, this Rui guy just won't leave him alone. Let the kid have his rest !

I have to admire Hakui's dedication to make sure boys and girls aren't mixing camps under the cover of night .

Yeah...somehow I'm not surprised this camping situation isn't conducive to sleeping for Ganta. At all. And then he gets made to run without any sleep which is even worse. I've totally been there .

I love Kurashiki just drinking her fellow teachers under the table .

But things do work out for the pair that the rain clears up and they get to bask in the beauty of night on the beach, together, and practically dance on the water amidst the night sky! It's a truly beautiful and romantic spectacle !

Dang, they just came out and said they sleep best next to each other! I wonder though if whatever happened to Ganta's mother is tied to his inability to sleep, the most restful sleep he can think of is back in elementary school back when she was there. Well, that and anxiety .

Those two look so adorable snuggled up together, and even when racing off to get back to camp before they get caught. But of course Ganta couldn't resist getting a beautiful pic of Isaki amidst the sunrise !
Old 2023-05-08, 19:29   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I really find myself wishing harm on that gym teacher. Not life threatening. Though maybe something that would make him unable to be as active as he'd like to be...

That trip was looking to be a really horrible ride. Ganta dealing with one jerk on the bus and a jerk of a teacher when they arrive. Honestly things were looking so bad that I was getting worried that he'd actually collapse.

Thankfully the show just gets so much better when Ganta and Isaki meet up. Just pure fun with those two. And nice that they do have a talk about their situation. Even if they both realize it for themselves, it's another thing to know that sleeping next to each other is seriously helping the other person too.

Even if there's obviously some romantic and sexual tension now that they know that and intentionally try to sleep together. But in the end it just worked out for the best. A good amount of running later, but they'll both be able to get through the rest of that trip thanks to it .
Old 2023-05-12, 16:20   Link #49
Ghostfriendly

Loved this series. Charming, sympathetic characters, reasonable solutions to problems.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-13, 22:05   Link #50
Alchemist007
*Author

The insomnia felt most real during those tent scenes.
Old 2023-05-15, 22:13   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Again the show raises the question of what is up with Isaki. So which way are we going here? Going the route of her dying or just something less extreme like her transferring away. Her background makes the dying thing a bit more plausible. But she's also actively involved in a sports club so I'm not entirely sure. Though I guess it depends.

At least got some cute stuff like Isaki getting informed that Ganta was staring at the picture he took of her . Though she needed a bit of time to process before being able to move onto teasing him about it.

Understandable that the senpai was all "I don't want to go on this trip to watch you two flirt all day." It's already awkward enough!
Old 2023-05-15, 22:17   Link #52
grecefar

I said it before and the seeds were planted in the first chapter, but I thought more on the lines of a ghost but it seems more like a sickness because the previous chapter.

This isn't going to end well ;A;
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-15, 23:00   Link #53
Frontier

Shiromaru has probably dreamed of being the kind of Senpai who surprises and scolds her Kouhai…too bad Ganta has a good work ethic !

I knew Kurashiki was going to show up ticked the moment Isaki said she got the fan from the nurses’ office. But it was “borrowed” for a good cause !

Ukegawa is the kind of wingman who will see you staring longingly at a picture of a girl, drop that bomb in said girls’ presence, then bail. Though while Isaki seemed a little ticked at first, she also seems gleeful at the idea of Ganta admiring a picture of her. So much so they should do it again! And again, even !

“Leave a trace of me behind.” Oh no, don’t tell me it’s that kind of romance anime. Especially knowing Isaki had health problems .

Nono is a talented artist and a very nice girl! And she’s rather draw a human figure and treats herself (and Isaki) to shirtless Ganta before her embarrassment gets the better of her and she makes the two pose romantically like they’re dancing. Even made it the poster for the stargazing festival! I hope nobody notices the resemblance. I wonder if it was intentional ?

Seems like Anamizu is struggling with baseball. She’s got the force but not the aim, though at least Ganta got to help her with that .

No surprise Kani immediately said no when Ganta asked her…and immediately joined in so she’s not the only one left out. Though even she has layers to where despite how flashy and complaining she is she’s very dedicated to her family’s diner. Ganta really learned a lot about Isaki’s friends in this episode .

Shiromaru self-aware enough that if she shows up to any nighttime rendezvous between the two she’ll be a third wheel to their constant flirting. She’s not wrong !
Old 2023-05-16, 09:06   Link #54
Decel

Yeah the death flag is definitely the surprise of the episode.
Old 2023-05-22, 11:32   Link #55
Frontier

As good as Isaki looks in casual clothes, it's a shame she didn't bite the bullet and put on a yukata. Kani and Nono are getting into the festival spirit! Heck, Anamizu even put on a skirt! Shiromaru wore a yukata too! Although Isaki was just saving hers for a very special moment .

Yeah...it's not easy handing out fliers to people on the streets. Though can't beat Anamizu's enthusiasm and effort as a sporty girl on the baseball team! She's probably been trained in that kind of stuff from her club !

Classic Rui enjoying his youth with his girlfriend and telling Ganta to do the same, though with his club work Ganta is basically enjoying business with pleasure thanks to Isaki .

Man, Ukegawa is really doubling-down on being the perfect wingman and bro practically every episode .

Isaki looked absolutely stunning in her yukata! She had Ganta enraptured in staring at her with how radiant and beautiful she looked! She made the right choice changing into it to watch the fireworks .

What perfect timing for the fireworks to hit when Ganta admitted he enjoyed Isaki sitting right next to him in all her cuteness and also what terrible timing that the girls showed up right before they could explore the fact that he said that .

It's nice to see them all hanging out and having fun together amidst the fireworks. If anything good has come out of Ganta's time in the club and getting to know Isaki's friends, it's better understanding people, their circumstances, and improving his own mood in the process .

They finally opened the observatory! Nice! But dang it Isaki, I know you survived a one-in-the-million chance, but don't jinx it! Though I get where she's coming from that she's still terrified her heart might give out at any moment, which explains a lot about her anxiety and how she acts at times. But she's got Ganta at least, who completes and comforts her in a way nobody else does .

I love how Kurashiki stole back the fan and left them a wind chime to make up for it. Or how Isaki tried to steal it back. Also Two-chan observing the two loverbirds in an intimate moment .

Yeah, I guess talking over the phone is more complicated for Isaki...but doing live radios for each other as they basically serenade each other to sleep with their words is just as good, if not better. Especially when Isaki starts telling Ganta about her family and he even gets to enjoy listening to her snore. And thanks to each other, they both fall aslseep !

Isaki's older sister is a bimbo? I have to see this .
Old 2023-05-22, 16:53   Link #56
grecefar

they manage to fall sleep in their homes, that's like a big step. I'm happy for them, and they are such a great couple.

the truth about magari is out and well while it seems it's not serious and she is living a normal life there is that fear, I can understand that.

great chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 19:03   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I do love this couple. Got really close to a confession there. Though I don't feel like there's a rush.

Especially with the relief of getting Isaki's situation understood. I was worried the situation was significantly worse. Obviously it's understandable that she's stressed out. And now it makes sense why heartbeats have been such a noteworthy thing for her. She's fine and the surgery was successful. But obviously tough when alone in the middle of the night to not feel the fear. Just her and that slightly off heartbeat.

Glad these two found a fun way to interact. Although really they could have just talked on the phone normally considering how things played out . But honestly it was sweet and glad they got some rest.
Old 2023-05-23, 16:43   Link #58
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Asked myself during the roof scene whether they would kiss before the others arrived. Of course not!

Heart transplants are recommended for children who are not able to live without having their heart replaced. Magari obviously never reached that stage. Could be a candidate in later life perhaps.

I, too, wondered how Magari using that app under the covers was functionally any different than talking on the phone under the covers.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-25, 00:40   Link #59
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I'm finally getting back to this show and just watched episode two. And I have to say episodes like this just make me love photography all over again. F'uh! I'm so in the mood to take pictures now.
Old 2023-05-25, 05:42   Link #60
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Tags
romance, school