AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-26, 22:11   Link #521
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well the last episode wasn't bad. Got some good laughs and some things were taken care of. In the end no matter how Lucy isn't happy about the stupid long name, it isn't all bad. Though now Hasebe is really going to put on the pressure now that she's opened the door to going out with him.

That was a good line from Ichimiya, though he really wasn't in a position to say that kind of stuff . At the very least he knows how tough it is to say anything when you carry secrets around for too long. Some progress being made in that he's now going to actively try to tell Toko what's going on, not just something for Chihaya to deal with. Though god knows how long it will take him to come clean with that personality.

I'd be surprised they gave a reason to Hasebe's dad giving a half-ass effort on the job, but makes sense to try and tie it more directly to Hasebe himself. Though kids get sick so can hardly lay it on Hasebe in that regard. If every time his kids got sick his dad screwed up in some manner there are probably a ton of unhappy people out there.
Old 2013-09-26, 22:25   Link #522
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Probably because the lack of more materials, the anime staff really carried away (as they wrote in the end ) and make original ending, especially for Hasebe x Lucy pair. Not that I against it, in fact I love it (gotta love when Hasebe gets conquered by Lucy ) but this means they probably won't do season 2 unless they make some changes and even by then they have to wait for years for more materials. As far as I know the anime have covered all the released tankoubons, and even some chapters beyond that, for example the girls cosplaying part.

But, this is the best anime for this season for me, enjoy it so much
Old 2013-09-27, 00:32   Link #523
HandofFate

what type of laugh is 'zama' mean?
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 00:49   Link #524
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
what type of laugh is 'zama' mean?
"ZAMA MIRO sounds like ZAMA MEE ROH. Informal phrase meaning "serves you right!" or "you had it coming!" and can imply a "in your face!" type of comeback."

http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/jslang/jibiki.htm#z
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 01:02   Link #525
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I got my revenge! Damn, bunny!!!

Oh, there you (How dare you?!)

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-09-27 at 01:16.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 01:04   Link #526
HandofFate

Ah cool so it actually is actual slang.

Last episode was decent. Kind of a safe ending as expected, but stuff did progress a bit.
Hasabe is so in love with lucy.

Maybe once Lucy comes around too she can be like "I'm fine with my name, because of it, I was able to meet you" *censored Lucy x Hasabe h-scene*
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 01:16   Link #527
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well the last episode wasn't bad. Got some good laughs and some things were taken care of. In the end no matter how Lucy isn't happy about the stupid long name, it isn't all bad. Though now Hasebe is really going to put on the pressure now that she's opened the door to going out with him.

That was a good line from Ichimiya, though he really wasn't in a position to say that kind of stuff . At the very least he knows how tough it is to say anything when you carry secrets around for too long. Some progress being made in that he's now going to actively try to tell Toko what's going on, not just something for Chihaya to deal with. Though god knows how long it will take him to come clean with that personality.

I'd be surprised they gave a reason to Hasebe's dad giving a half-ass effort on the job, but makes sense to try and tie it more directly to Hasebe himself. Though kids get sick so can hardly lay it on Hasebe in that regard. If every time his kids got sick his dad screwed up in some manner there are probably a ton of unhappy people out there.
Eh. People screw up. With or without sick kids. Though usually it's a lot more fixable.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 01:32   Link #528
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

one of the best shows this season, too bad there won't be a season 2 of this, at least not yet.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 01:56   Link #529
Blaat

It's kind of funny how a 4koma adaptation ended up being my favourite romance of the past year.
Old 2013-09-27, 02:33   Link #530
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I was confronted by a kind of tension so thick that I needed an industrial-strength chainsaw to cut through it. Fortunately, all it took was the combined efforts of Megumi and Miyoshi's corrosive words to break through. The tension was also handled well, not too serious and handled with just the right amount of humor.

Lucy eventually managed to acknowledge the fact that having such a convoluted name wasn't that bad at all, and her blossoming relationship with Yutaka can finally move forward!

Series #178 GET!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 02:38   Link #531
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

How I wish we'll get another original story as OVA, Hasebe and Lucy do-over date like they promised. And they'll go to certain family restaurant, some familiar cameo there. And at the end of the episode, bam! Announcement for season 3 of Working.

Probably not going to happen
Old 2013-09-27, 04:31   Link #532
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Very strong finale overall, I thought - a nice balance between silliness and treating the rather silly main conceit with enough respect. I was also happy with the way things were left off with Hasebe and Lucy.

My favorite part of the ep, though, may be Namikawa Daisuke as Hasebe's Dad - especially his "Wow!" reaction to Yutaka's spit-take. This guy is an amazing verbal chameleon.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 08:45   Link #533
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm very pleased with the final episode. Lucy and Hasebe's "conflict" was resolved nicely, and although they haven't started going out yet, we know it will happen for sure in the future. The episode has made it clear Lucy likes Hasebe (the part where she asked Hasebe to keep calling her Lucy was so cute!). That's satisfying enough progress for me. I wish Chihaya and Ichimiya's relationship had progressed as well, but alas Ichimiya still needs to grow a spine first. At least Chihaya gained some small consolation by getting the girls to cosplay for her. Better than nothing.

I figured I would like this show since I loved Working!!, but I didn't expect it to be my favorite show of the season. I loved everything about it. The humor, the romance and the characters were all fantastic. Here's hoping it gets a second season once there is enough material to animate.
Old 2013-09-27, 20:05   Link #534
Calca
Expressionless

Very underrated and excellent series. Good writing and characters you can root for.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 23:01   Link #535
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Eh. People screw up. With or without sick kids. Though usually it's a lot more fixable.
That's for sure.
Old 2013-09-28, 09:21   Link #536
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

All I have to say is:

SECOND SEASON NOW PLEASE!

Best show of the summer...and my personal favorite so far this year. Hell, I might even give in to my hatred of Aniplex and invest in the dvds/blurays whenever they come out...
Old 2013-09-29, 17:21   Link #537
SinsI

So, the great secret is finally revealed!
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
All I have to say is:

SECOND SEASON NOW PLEASE!

Best show of the summer...and my personal favorite so far this year. Hell, I might even give in to my hatred of Aniplex and invest in the dvds/blurays whenever they come out...
Not enough source material available yet.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 20:03   Link #538
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
So, the great secret is finally revealed!
Spoiler:
Wasn't that established the very first time we're introduced to him?
Old 2013-09-29, 23:54   Link #539
ginger02

Is this an original or adaption?

Either way, enjoyable show. I did like a focus on adults, though it didn't seem much different lol. A charming show I'll miss.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 00:13   Link #540
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
Is this an original or adaption?
Adaptation, from a comic from the same person who's doing Working!! People think that both series are actually set in the same city in Hokkaido too (see the drama CD for this).

Tags
comedy, seinen